Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook (32289 Views)

Requesting For Redeployment From HR / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Jaqenhghar: 5:09am On May 17, 2020
nunnu:
I wonder how a lawyer can be so daft... sad
During this Covid depression that people are even grateful to still have a job, this one is embarrassing herself and her employer/Government over three months Salary...This is the worst time to be insistent about salary because everyone knows everyone else including the Government is affected by the Covid induced lack of funds flow..

Fools like you are the major reason why Nigeria will remain a shithole.
Actually Niggeria is a shithole because people reason like you

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by patokenneth: 5:22am On May 17, 2020
People saying she's wrong to use Facebook, do y'all think that in these three months she's not used other diplomatic means and no headway? People saying it's just three months and she should have understood that covid is making cash flow into government difficult, do y'all know that covid only became serious in Nigeria around March ending? And hence, she's not supposed to be owed Feb and March salaries at least? See eh, she may have been the scapegoat, but what's played out here is the quintessential no-criticism-no-dissent-esque type of government Nigeria's speedily sliding into. If she didn't subtly drag them (remember, she was not rude in the post), their salaries would still be pending. Now, all of a sudden, someone has submitted their BVNs. Laughable.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by kayusely70(m): 5:26am On May 17, 2020
She has done nothing wrong, though the chanell may be inappropriate
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by aminusodiq(m): 5:31am On May 17, 2020
buygala:
She is lucky she was not sacked...

Requesting Salary on Facebook because na Zuckerberg employ her undecided

During this Covid depression that people are even grateful to still have a job, this one is embarrassing herself and her employer/Government over three months Salary...This is the worst time to be insistent about salary because everyone knows everyone else including the Government is affected by the Covid induced lack of funds flow..

does ds makes sense to you?? Cos to me.... It seems u wrote those trash while sleeping. Cos I dnt tink u can write as awful as dis in ur right senses tongue

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by femi4: 6:18am On May 17, 2020
buygala:

slave mentality, she is not daft. You can't owe me for 3months and expect me to keep quiet. Before you play the covid 19 card, the reason for not paying her was put on bvn.

You don't treat people like shit and expect them not to fight back. He that is down, have no fear falling further

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by HiFreda(f): 6:21am On May 17, 2020
I hope that employees will learn to understand the social media policies and code of conduct and ethics of the establishment they work with.
Bringing organisational matters to social media is a big NO.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Firstorderwizard(m): 6:33am On May 17, 2020
Criptofxt10:
9ja, tyranny governments grin grin

RIP to this innocent monkey grin grin

Jeez! this picture is disturbing.
Stop using it please
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by luluosas(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2020
She chose the wrong channel to request for her pay. I empathize with her though
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by bkool7(m): 7:31am On May 17, 2020
This is exactly what I going through. We've not been paid February salary from my work when the pandemic started and lock down took effect. Till now we have not been paid. Two weeks ago the school management told us to start teaching kids using WhatsApp. Since then we've been using our money to buy data. Everyone has stopped teaching on Friday and will not continue until the school start giving money for data and also settle the February salary.

Workers in Nigeria are used like slaves without any rights
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by zagorakis(m): 7:36am On May 17, 2020
Did you read the part that said she had a new baby...

[qQuote author=buygala post=89626862]She is lucky she was not sacked...

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by OKTolu: 7:40am On May 17, 2020
Hmmmm eleyi gidi gan this one is strong ooo
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Nobody: 8:08am On May 17, 2020
Jostoman:
Imo people, please come and see your supreme Court 4th place governor doing wonders

Wetin IMO people do you?

Has your own governor paid salaries?
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by rafcrown(m): 8:11am On May 17, 2020
175:
Sad!

If the government lived up to it's expectations, this wouldn't have happened.

Only u owe person, person come use beg and subtle hailings drag you for the money, you still get mouth say na embarrassment. . .come still beat the person join sef.

Nawa

They like people praising them on social media,not people exposing g their shortcomings.
Salary is supposed to be paid MONTHLY.

3 Likes

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by YoungAncient1: 9:23am On May 17, 2020
You don't want to be shamed or ridiculed, then do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by afecgivers: 9:26am On May 17, 2020
Criptofxt10:
9ja, tyranny governments grin grin

RIP to this innocent monkey grin grin

So this monkey wey dem kill yesterday the head don become celebrity

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by fadar095(m): 9:51am On May 17, 2020
No wonder Nigeria can never be better
Why will people working everyday, day and night not given their salary?
The government should pay them their salary if they don't want more embarrassment....... Meanwhile neither the governor nor his aide will be owe for a month... that's so silly of the governor

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by PropertyBuying(f): 10:03am On May 17, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
Supreme Court governor imo people come and carry una cursed governor

Lol! That's a case for another day.
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by luluosas(m): 10:13am On May 17, 2020
You are making no sense
femi4:
slave mentality, she is not daft. You can't owe me for 3months and expect me to keep quiet. Before you play the covid 19 card, the reason for not paying her was put on bvn.

You don't treat people like shit and expect them not to fight back. He that is down, have no fear falling further
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by DKM123: 10:28am On May 17, 2020
This is why a revolution is very far from Nigerians. You see a person stand up for something that is accrued to that person and try to fight for the right of others but people will because of political affiliations call for his/her head. The worst fuuls are those on whose behalf the fight is happening yet they also join to castigate the fighter.

Sufferhead go continue dey kill una for this country till thy kingdom come. Which civilized country is a person punished for politely writing her thoughts on being owed salary for 3 whole months. In this pandemic where things are expensive and one is told to stock up. Nothing like conscience in this hellhole filled with stewpid m.orons supporting wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by William42: 10:29am On May 17, 2020
I was looking for a sugar mummy and Mr. Johnson who stays at Lekki Phase 2 gave me a woman that changed my life. She likes sex so much, but she pays good money. I am giving this testimony to help fellow hustlers who are looking for sugar mummy that will help their lives. Stop having sex for fun sake, make money from having sex.

To contact Mr. Johnson, send a message on WhatsApp on +2348116518849
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by DKM123: 10:44am On May 17, 2020
buygala:

Good thing that after attacking me, you have realized your folly by yourselfand seen how stupid you are smiley

Next time your employer owes you money, go request it on Instagram smiley

You are a stewpid buff.oon and an e-goat. The terms of agreement have already been bridged when the Government decided to keep her salary for 1-2-3 months and left her and her family starving in an era of grave pandemic. She POLITELY called for the attention of the Governor to the suffering of her and her colleagues and she did it through social media and there is nothing wrong with that especially as it is very likely she has used other means before.

Social media is an effective means of communication and it is being used to communicate by even the world Presidents eg The POTUS who uses Twitter to communicate to it's citizenry everyday.

People like you whose humanity is dead and buried inside a bottomless pit are the ones who give the leaders the impetus to be unbelievably mean to it's citizens and I hope karma strikes you someday. Nonsense!

A time when other countries are paying thier citizen's extra money to stock up but her decided she and her baby dies from hunger over BVN. BVN for 3 months. I suspect it is even a lie. They brought in the BVN bullcrap to save thier wicked faces. God is watching this wicked souls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by AdmissionGetEas: 10:45am On May 17, 2020
Power they said is authority but power in Nigeria is rulership... We only available rulers and not leaders in Africa. God help us

Check my signature for University Admission into 200level without jamb
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by toxtimmy: 10:46am On May 17, 2020
packman:
Well she was right and the same time wrong...

She took her chances and it has paid off.. undecided undecided

She is not wrong in any way, shape or form... She did not lie on Facebook as she only stated facts.

Lastly, by not paying her for 3 months... Even if she was not paid for 1 month the Imo state government broke a contract they signed with her.

Let's all learn to call a spade a spade for once...Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Criptofxt10: 11:07am On May 17, 2020
afecgivers:

So this monkey wey dem kill yesterday the head don become celebrity
grin
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Truthbites: 11:10am On May 17, 2020
Wiked leaders

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Ekeseges(f): 11:14am On May 17, 2020
So she should die in hunger because she is asking for her wages.mtchewwwwee
buygala:

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by olungwa(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2020
This is crazy, Hope Uzodinma are you keeping quite to see this punishment on innocent lady like this. Remember that God is seeing you and your cabinets. Do the needful before the doom of Heaven falls on you. what a wicked act nonsense.
Jostoman:
Imo people, please come and see your supreme Court 4th place governor doing wonders

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by olungwa(m): 12:46pm On May 17, 2020
Even president Buhari cannot support such evil. you people should stop spoiling APC our good party, knowing what the party has gone through in the past. Respect yourself Mr. Governor and amend this evil act.
olungwa:
This is crazy, Hope Uzodinma are you keeping quite to see this punishment on innocent lady like this. Remember that God is seeing you and your cabinets. Do the needful before the doom of Heaven falls on you. what a wicked act nonsense.
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by Jostoman: 12:57pm On May 17, 2020
quentin06:

Wetin IMO people do you?

Has your own governor paid salaries?
yes
Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by ikennamadu1(m): 1:09pm On May 17, 2020
buygala:

You are talking nonsense... Money no dey him buy jeeps for judges... Take time ooo.. Make I no turn you to lizard

1 Like

Re: Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook by naijaman2225(m): 2:41pm On May 17, 2020
buygala:

NOW THAT YOU ARE THROUGH WITH YOUR LOW LEVEL ANALYSIS, LET US KNOW IF THE GOVERNOR AND MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY ARE OWED SALARIES AND ALLOWANCES.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check These Beautiful Photos Of A Nigerian Female Fire Fighter / If You Had The Chance To Go Back To School Will You Still Study The Same Course / Seamen: Ratings, Officers, Engineers, Captains: Please Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.