Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow (8371 Views)

SE/SS should not join the south west endcow campaign yet / North Retaining Power In 2023: Formula For Retaining Power (read Carefully) / Why The SE/SS Should Boycott The 2019 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by gidgiddy: 8:02am On May 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Partnership and alliance is what produced the rule for rotational presidency between North and South. The rotation is not based on equity and fairness as you alluded to.

If you review the accomplishments and failures since 1999 till date you will see this is evident in both PDP and APC, the two parties that have ruled the country.

If it was simply equity and fairness, it should have made Atiku a President by now.

Buhari naively believed fairness would get him presidency but realized lack of partnership and alliance is what stood in his way.

What is standing in Ibo's way is partnership and alliance. If you continue to wait in line for equity and fairness you will be dissapointed.

Moreover, the SS you are attaching to has also demanded its right to complete GEJ's 8yr rule and have thrown their hats in the 2023 battle. Behind you they are working hard negotiating and forming alliances, smartly and strategically....while you continue in your buffoonery of seeking an equity and fairness to nowhere.

If the SW is to aspire to the Presidency then there is no point power coming down to the South since the aim has been defeated. All 6 geopolitical zones should aspire to Presidency and whoever gets the most votes should carry the day

1 Like

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Mraphel: 8:34am On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

Which party funded by Yorubas did Zik contest under?
And how did Zik betray Yorubas? Is Zik now Akintola? Where do they teach you lots all these nonsense?

Obasanjo became president in 1999 without Yoruba support.

Shagari won no elections in the East. How could he have when Zik contested for the same election too?

Abiola got 45% of the votes casted in SE, in an election an Igbo was a VP to a major contender in Tofa. Infact, Abiola won Anambra state.

Yaradua was supported by everyone. How dare you take the credit for that, are you okay?

GEJ got abysmal votes from SW in 2011. Most of you didn't turn out to vote that day. Your contribution to his rise to presidency in 2011 were at best minimal.

Buhari is a failure as a president . We are happy to associate him Yorubas. Twice Buhari tried to lure our support by making us VP, in 2003( Okadigbo) and 2007( Ogbonnaya Onu). Twice we rejected him.
He came to us before he came to you, but we don't associate with failure, so we rejected him twice. Don't forget that.
Justice twice he used you as VP, 2011(Bakare) and 2015(Osibanjo), your tribalism packaged as sophisticated politics got the better of you, now the entire country is dead.

Babangida was Jakande right hand man. Remember it was Jakande who ratted Awolowo to Babangida.
To say Igbos supported him is nonsense.
He was married to our Asaba sister, that's all.

Abacha had Yoruba NADECO members in his pocket. Bribed many of them and they betrayed and gave Abiola up like a sheep to slaughter.

Shehu Shagari never won an election in Igbo land. Don't know the Igbo support you speak of.
NPP formed the central government with NPN, that's all.
You're 100% wrong in your analysis

Nnamdi azikiwe contested under parties founded by Yoruba. Can't u do ur research?
Yoruba people made him. He can speak the Yoruba language fluently

5 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 8:37am On May 18, 2020
Mraphel:

You're 100% wrong in your analysis

Nnamdi azikiwe contested under parties founded by Yoruba. Can't u do ur research?
Yoruba people made him. He can speak the Yoruba language fluently

NCNC was a national party.
Zik was there right from the beginning even when Herbert Macaulay was party leader.
So I don't understand what you mean by party founded by Yorubas.
The only party I know that was founded by Yorubas was AG, a truly tribal party.

1 Like

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 8:49am On May 18, 2020
lexyking:

First you accused someone of twisting facts, then you went straight ahead and did same. normally, I prefer to just follow this kind of topic without commenting. but you my friend, made some hilarious remarks and I couldn't just laugh it off without at least trying to help you make sense of it.

As for your questioning of how Zik betrayed the Yorubas, it's kinda going to be hard explaining that to you. not because I dont have the facts to buttress my point, it's just that I don't see any sense in discussing what what happened in the 60s/70s with someone who is already twisting the events that happened as recent as 2011.

How can you say that Yorubas contributions to the emergence of GEJ was minimal at best, if you do the analysis of the votes that he got from every region, you'd see how clearly the total number of votes that he got from the southwest was more than that of the south east. so how can you now in good conscience try to distort this fact?

I'd still like to see how Zik betrayed Yorubas. If anything, Awolowo used his tribal politics to make Yorubas stop Zik from becoming the premier of the region.

As for 2011 elections, Yorubas contributions to GEJ win is so minimal that GEJ lost in Osun and like I mentioned before, election turn up for presidential election was so poor in SW.

If we remove Lagos which is a multiethnic cosmopolitan state, SW on the whole gave 1,434,729 votes to GEJ. If we add Lagos to Yoruba just to be generous,even though we know it's a multiethnic state it will be 2,716,417 votes.

In contrast, SE gave 4,985,246 votes for GEJ, times two of SW votes with Lagos and times 3 without Lagos. But the person I quoted is already claiming GEJ won with SW votes, when the numbers say otherwise.

https://www.oecd.org/countries/nigeria/presidentialelectioninnigeria-16april2011.htm

Yorubas must come to the realization that the days of Lagos-Ibadan media propaganda machine monopoly when you guys spinned falsehoods unchallenged are gone. The Internet is a great equalizer. This Igbo generation will not let you get away with distortions like our forerunners did, we are angry and eager to correct our fathers mistakes as far as allowing you the space to manipulate narratives is concerned, you will be well and thoroughly checkmated.

1 Like

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Mraphel: 8:56am On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

NCNC was a national party.
Zik was there right from the beginning even when Herbert Macaulay was party leader.
So I don't understand what you mean by party founded by Yorubas.
The only party I know that was founded by Yorubas was AG, a truly tribal party.
Who founded NCNC?
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 10:13am On May 18, 2020
Mraphel:

Who founded NCNC?

NCNC was founded in 1944 by the union of Zik faction of NYM and Herbert Macaulay NNDP.
Herbert Macaulay became the Party president while Zik became the secretary.
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by lexyking(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

I'd still like to see how Zik betrayed Yorubas. If anything, Awolowo used his tribal politics to make Yorubas stop Zik from becoming the premier of the region.

As for 2011 elections, Yorubas contributions to GEJ win is so minimal that GEJ lost in Osun and like I mentioned before, election turn up for presidential election was so poor in SW.

If we remove Lagos which is a multiethnic cosmopolitan state, SW on the whole gave 1,434,729 votes to GEJ. If we add Lagos to Yoruba just to be generous,even though we know it's a multiethnic state it will be 2,716,417 votes.

In contrast, SE gave 4,985,246 votes for GEJ, times two of SW votes with Lagos and times 3 without Lagos. But the person I quoted is already claiming GEJ won with SW votes, when the numbers say otherwise.

https://www.oecd.org/countries/nigeria/presidentialelectioninnigeria-16april2011.htm

Yorubas must come to the realization that the days of Lagos-Ibadan media propaganda machine monopoly when you guys spinned falsehoods unchallenged are gone. The Internet is a great equalizer. This Igbo generation will not let you get away with distortions like our forerunners did, we are angry and eager to correct our fathers mistakes as far as allowing you the space to manipulate narratives is concerned.

Ok, going with the election results you posted. its clear that GEJ got over 50% of the votes casted in the southwest with the exception of Osun state. So how how can you call a percentage of over 50% minimal?

It's a well known fact that the Yorubas dont give total support to any candidate or party in any given election since 1999. even Buhari with a Yoruba vice couldn't get more than 70% of Yoruba votes in the last election. PDP HAD MORE VOTES FROM THE SOUTHWEST THAN SOUTHEAST IN THE LAST ELECTION this was despite the fact that they had no stake in PDP. So it was not out of spite or hatred for GEJ that made him not to get close to 100% of the Yoruba votes, it's just in our nature to be liberal and to understand that there is no such thing as 100% right or wrong hence our propensity to stay in the middle.

As for Zik betrayer of the Yorubas, you would need to have an Understanding of the history of NCNC,that is, the founding members, the mission and vision of the party,to truly understand how Zik hijacked the party and made it Igbo centric.

You contradicted yourself again my friend by accusing the Lagos-Ibadan press of engaging in propaganda while you're busy with a propaganda of your own. why don't you ask yourself why Azikiwe wanted to become the premier of the west, and while at it you might also want to justify your reasons for saying Awolowo engaged in tribal politics.

Because factually speaking, Zik started tribal politics in Nigeria. first by turning a pan African political party which was founded and funded by the Yorubas at the initial stage to a Igbo centric party. now before you start with the rhetorics of NCNC being a Igbo party, it will intrest you to know that Zik was the only non Yoruba person among the founding members of the party. so if you don't know this fact then I'm not sure I need to go further in trying to explain how Zik screwed us over. But if you know this fact, indicate it and we can further convers on the issue

10 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Horladipupo0505: 10:34am On May 18, 2020
rdokoye:

Not so long ago, people were criticizing the South-East for not voting for Buhari, and now you're criticizing us for supposedly voting for Buhari. Last I checked, it was the SW vote that brought Buhari to power, TWICE.
and buhari Neva won any state under south east...it is beta south east and south south come together for liberation..2023 Southwest... confirm

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 11:18am On May 18, 2020
r=lexyking

Ok, going with the election results you posted. its clear that GEJ got over 50% of the votes casted in the southwest with the exception of Osun state. So how how can you call a percentage of over 50% minimal?

The point was that voters turn up in SW 2011 presidential election was poor, because the people really didn't identify with GEJ.
The voters apathy was obvious.
And my point is that SW contributed very minimal to GEJ emergence as the president contrary to the claim that you were major contributors.
The voters turnout in SW was disgraceful.

It's a well known fact that the Yorubas dont give total support to any candidate or party in any given election since 1999. even Buhari with a Yoruba vice couldn't get more than 70% of Yoruba votes in the last election. PDP HAD MORE VOTES FROM THE SOUTHWEST THAN SOUTHEAST IN THE LAST ELECTION this was despite the fact that they had no stake in PDP. So it was not out of spite or hatred for GEJ that made him not to get close to 100% of the Yoruba votes, it's just in our nature to be liberal and to understand that there is no such thing as 100% right or wrong hence our propensity to stay in the middle.

I know that Yorubas usually split their votes when a Yoruba man is not a major presidential candidate.
But that's not my point. My aim was to dispel the falsehood that GEJ emergence in 2011 had Yorubas as "major" contributors. It's important I dispel that falsehood because I have come across posts in the past where some Yoruba persons claim they "made" GEJ president only for him to turn around and marginalize them.
Sure, Yorubas contributed to GEJ rise, but they were not major stakeholders or contributors to his emergence in 2011, at least not more than Ndiigbo.

As for Zik betrayer of the Yorubas, you would need to have an Understanding of the history of NCNC,that is, the founding members, the mission and vision of the party,to truly understand how Zik hijacked the party and made it Igbo centric.

I'm yet to understand the whole idea of Zik betraying SW. After the fall out of NYM elections where Zik supported Ijebu Yoruba candidate was defeated by alliance of other Yorubas and Ikoli.
Zik left NYM and formed NCNC with Herbert Macaulay in 1944, by uniting his faction of NYM(made up Igbos and Ijebu Yorubas) and NDDP of Macaulay.
Macaulay as an elder statesman became the New party president with Zik as the secretary.

NCNC was accepted as a national party by all, as far as Macaulay a Yoruba man was the leader.
But immediately Macaulay died and Zik succeeded him naturally as the party leader. Awolowo and other Yoruba nationalists were no longer happy with NCNC, they formed a tribal party AG, and then they all slowly diffused to AG, leaving Zik and NCNC with mainly Easterners and Midwesterns and few Ijebu Yoruba foundational members.
Zik was actually betrayed in NCNC by the Yorubas who accused him of running an Igbo agenda for aspiring to become the premier of the western region.

You contradicted yourself again my friend by accusing the Lagos-Ibadan press of engaging in propaganda while you're busy with a propaganda of your own. why don't you ask yourself why Azikiwe wanted to become the premier of the west, and while at it you might also want to justify your reasons for saying Awolowo engaged in tribal politics.

Of course it was a propaganda. I am only here to burst your propaganda.
Zik wanted to be the premier of the western region, the same way Nigerians in UK are contesting for elective positions there and winning.
He lived in Lagos and his Party as of that time was the leading party of Southern Nigeria. Why shouldn't he contest for the premier of western region .

Because factually speaking, Zik started tribal politics in Nigeria. first by turning a pan African political party which was founded and funded by the Yorubas at the initial stage to a Igbo centric party. now before you start with the rhetorics of NCNC being a Igbo party, it will intrest you to know that Zik was the only non Yoruba person among the founding members of the party. so if you don't know this fact then I'm not sure I need to go further in trying to explain how Zik screwed us over. But if you know this fact, indicate it and we can further convers on the issue

The father of tribalism in Nigeria politics was Awolowo. AG was s tribal Yoruba party, an extension of Egbe Omo Yoruba. Awo rode on tribalism to gather Yoruba politicians to AG.
He was the father of tribalism in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by lexyking(m): 12:24pm On May 18, 2020
Igboid:
r=lexyking

The point was that voters turn up in SW 2011 presidential election was poor, because the people really didn't identify with GEJ.
The voters apathy was obvious.
And my point is that SW contributed very minimal to GEJ emergence as the president contrary to the claim that you were major contributors.
The voters turnout in SW was disgraceful.

I know that Yorubas usually split their votes when a Yoruba man is not a major presidential candidate.
But that's not my point. My aim was to dispel the falsehood that GEJ emergence in 2011 had Yorubas as "major" contributors. It's important I dispel that falsehood because I have come across posts in the past where some Yoruba persons claim they "made" GEJ president only for him to turn around and marginalize them.
Sure, Yorubas contributed to GEJ rise, but they were not major stakeholders or contributors to his emergence in 2011, at least not more than Ndiigbo.

I hope you realize that as at 2011 most of the Yoruba state were controlled by ACN? so yes GEJ was never a Yoruba candidate so to speak but the Yorubas nonetheless contributed in no small measure to his victory at the polls. One thing you should know is that the north only allowed and supported GEJ because the entire south including the Yorubas showed a United front in their support of his candidacy, the north knew that they stood no chance against a United south so they reluctantly went along with GEJ. so to now belittle the Yorubas which were one of the southern tripods on which he got elected and calling there votes " minimal" is respectful. little wonder he lost the subsequent election when the Yorubas chose to go with the north, so I ask you again would GEJ had won his first tenure if the Yorubas had partnered with the north against him?

I'm yet to understand the whole idea of Zik betraying SW. After the fall out of NYM elections where Zik supported Ijebu Yoruba candidate was defeated by alliance of other Yorubas and Ikoli.
Zik left NYM and formed NCNC with Herbert Macaulay in 1944, by uniting his faction of NYM(made up Igbos and Ijebu Yorubas) and NDDP of Macaulay.
Macaulay as an elder statesman became the New party president with Zik as the secretary.

You need to go back and do further research into the founding fathers of NCNC cos like I said earlier ZIK was the only non Yoruba founding members of the party. so I dont know where you got you idea of zik leading "faction of Igbos and Ijebu Yorubas from"

NCNC was accepted as a national party by all, as far as Macaulay a Yoruba man was the leader.
But immediately Macaulay died and Zik succeeded him naturally as the party leader. Awolowo and other Yoruba nationalists were no longer happy with NCNC, they formed a tribal party AG, and then they all slowly diffused to AG, leaving Zik and NCNC with mainly Easterners and Midwesterns and few Ijebu Yoruba foundational members.

Like I said earlier you need to re access your source of historical records. because as soon as macaulay died, Zik started scheming with the Igbos to hijack the party structures and identity so as to make it to be Igbo centric. This actions of Zik and his kinsmen led to the exits of major party stakeholders some of which where not even Yoruba. Even professor Eyo Ita who was from calabar which was then part of the Igbo dominated eastern region and was the party's deputy national president had to quit the party and formed his own party called the National Independence Party. he did this to protest the Igbo centric nature the NCNC had become. so it was not only Yorubas that abandoned the party for Zik.

Zik was actually betrayed in NCNC by the Yorubas who accused him of running an Igbo agenda for aspiring to become the premier of the western region.

Of course it was a propaganda. I am only here to burst your propaganda.
Zik wanted to be the premier of the western region, the same way Nigerians in UK are contesting for elective positions there and winning.
He lived in Lagos and his Party as of that time was the leading party of Southern Nigeria. Why shouldn't he contest for the premier of western region .

Did you even bother to try wearing the shoes that you're asking the Yorubas to wear? the Igbos that could not even allow non Igbo minorities to hold sensitive positions in the then eastern region now wants to be allowed such in the west? what's was his obsession with the west as at then that he couldn't go back to his people in the east to offer to provide the desired leadership that was clearly not missing in the west

The father of tribalism in Nigeria politics was Awolowo. AG was s tribal Yoruba party, an extension of Egbe Omo Yoruba. Awo rode on tribalism to gather Yoruba politicians to AG.
He was the father of tribalism in Nigeria.

Here we go again. So Awolowo being a Yoruba man and seeking for an elective position in a Yoruba land against an Igbo man did wrong by reminding his people that their interests can only be protected by their fellow Yoruba man?

6 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by omonnakoda: 12:30pm On May 18, 2020
So there is a competition between Eboe and Yoruba on contribution to Jonathan success?

Why can't you people mind your Ibohmosxl business?
Politically we are parallel. We don't need you for anything
Never have,never will

3 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by MetaPhysical: 12:43pm On May 18, 2020
gidgiddy:

If the SW is to aspire to the Presidency then there is no point power coming down to the South since the aim has been defeated. All 6 geopolitical zones should aspire to Presidency and whoever gets the most votes should carry the day

Isn't that trend for the past 20yrs? Buhari contested repeatedly even when it was not the turn of North. In 2019 it was North's turn, Southerners were in the race. Abi Moghalu na Northerner, Sowore na Northerner?

We have said it repeatedly that it is open. Even party primaries are open now. grin

5 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Topsic70: 2:20pm On May 18, 2020
moshuur:

So Hausa's will tell u that their only match is Igbo.... Igbo's will produce d next governor of Lagos state.....
U sir seem like a dumb person (no take am personal)
Unfortunately, very many of them think dt way. Once they conceive an idea, they remain fixated on it no matter how ludicrous it sounds.

dia mata taya parzin nor be small.
cool

3 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Topsic70: 2:27pm On May 18, 2020
PeterUdeme:

But ss/se just had Jonathan presidency. So it should go to the sw next.
When it pays them, ss and se are one, but in ds case ss is different from se as it doesn't pay them.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Mraphel: 2:28pm On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

NCNC was founded in 1944 by the union of Zik faction of NYM and Herbert Macaulay NNDP.
Where's ur source of this wrong information?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by googi: 2:50pm On May 18, 2020
Who was the leader of NYM?

Igboid:

Look I have come to love and accept my Igbo brothers. It is too late to expect them to change. Their goal is to dominate Yoruba on Yoruba land. It is an impossible task. You cannot swallow anything twice your size unless you want to burst.

I have friends across Africa and I love them. BIAFRA would be part of West Africa and even closer.

Let BIAFRA be. The WEST would be relieved of all the animosity, hate and bickering on our land.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 2:51pm On May 18, 2020
Mraphel:
Where's ur source of this wrong information?

Here. I purposely used a Yoruba source.

1 Like

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 3:04pm On May 18, 2020
googi:
Who was the leader of NYM?

Look I have come to love and accept my Igbo brothers. It is too late to expect them to change. Their goal is to dominate Yoruba on Yoruba land. It is an impossible task. You cannot swallow anything twice your size unless you want to burst.

I have friends across Africa and I love them. BIAFRA would be part of West Africa and even closer.

Let BIAFRA be. The WEST would be relieved of all the animosity, hate and bickering on our land.

NYM fractured after Ikoli from SS defeated Zik candidate, Akinsanya an Ijebu Yoruba man.

Zik took his NYM controlled faction comprising of mainly Igbos and Ijebu Yoruba supporters and United with Herbert Macaulay NNDP to form NCNC.

Ndiigbo can never let Biafra be. Any one who doesn't wish us Biafra actualization but rather constitute a resistance to us, whether subtly or conspicuously, can never be a friend to Ndiigbo.

Biafra is the heart beat of Igbo nationalism. You can't claim to love Ndiigbo and hate Biafra. That's like cognitive dissonance.

Ndiigbo would become friends with Yorubas once we are both independent nations.
It will dissipate the built up animosities and anger, resentment and malice.
Any Yoruba man seeking for good relationship between Yoruba and Igbo under Nigeria, is being delusional. It will not happen. Not now, not in a million years time.

Ndiigbo can never happily share a country with Yorubas ever in this universe.
The events of 1967-70 cannot be undone. We have reached a point of no return with each other.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Mraphel: 3:29pm On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

Here. I purposely used a Yoruba source.

Go to any reliable source..non will deny the founder of NCNC..Herbert Maculey.

He became the president of the party later ZIK joined with other Yorubas.

ZIK was seen like a Yoruba and was not discriminated upon. All the support gave way for him.

He finished his political career when he align himself with the North.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Igboid: 3:42pm On May 18, 2020
Mraphel:

Go to any reliable source..non will deny the founder of NCNC..Herbert Maculey.

He became the president of the party later ZIK joined with other Yorubas.

ZIK was seen like a Yoruba and was not discriminated upon. All the support gave way for him.

He finished his political career when he align himself with the North.

Which reliable source?

The party Macaulay founded was NNDP not NCNC.
NCNC is a union of Zik controlled faction of NYM and Macaulay NNDP.
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by googi: 4:03pm On May 18, 2020
As usual, Igbo (revised) pseudo historians would rather twerk or read the same facts upside-down.

Herbert Macauley, a Yoruba man was the leader of NYM. It was an Activists party. As he got older, Zik supported Akinsanya, a Yoruba as leader but Awolowo supported Ikoli an Ijaw as leader.

When Macauley formed NCNC, he mentored Azikiwe just like other Yoruba. When he died, Azikiwe used his goodwill to become leader within majority that were Yoruba. An influence that benefited him in Lagos and Ibadan.

Think about it, like other businesses that trusted Igbo, once the Yoruba founders died, they all became dominated by Igbo.

As for letting everyone back to RESET stage, I agree with you.

Igbo has been consistent since NCNC. They see themselves as God appointed rulers of others.

Yoruba mentored all your leaders in NYM. Go back and read your sources again. Again let Biafran be!

Igboid:

Which reliable source?

The party Macaulay founded was NNDP not NCNC.
NCNC is a union of Zik controlled faction of NYM and Macaulay NNDP.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by omonnakoda: 4:05pm On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

NYM fractured after Ikoli from SS defeated Zik candidate, Akinsanya an Ijebu Yoruba man.

Zik took his NYM controlled faction comprising of mainly Igbos and Ijebu Yoruba supporters and United with Herbert Macaulay NNDP to form NCNC.

Ndiigbo can never let Biafra be. Any one who doesn't wish us Biafra actualization but rather constitute a resistance to us, whether subtly or conspicuously, can never be a friend to Ndiigbo.

Biafra is the heart beat of Igbo nationalism. You can't claim to love Ndiigbo and hate Biafra. That's like cognitive dissonance.

Any Yoruba man seeking for good relationship between Yoruba and Igbo under Nigeria, is being delusional. It will not happen. Not now, not in a million years time.

The events of 1967-70 cannot be undone. We have reached a point of no return with each other.

Who are you kidding did you happily share a country with Yoruba before 1967?
You tell yourselves lies all the time
You are in a box.
A 5% box of irrelevance.

When you are ready declare another Biafra and see what happens

What makes you think Yoruba want good relationships
We want good behaviour from you.
Misbehave and you will be chastised severely
You talk as if you can do anything to Yoruba

Your words are IMPOTENT RANTING

Declare Biafra if them born una well

2 Likes

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by scholes0(m): 4:05pm On May 18, 2020
PVision2020:
And who cares if you support the SW or not?
You think what you can't achieve by fair play you can achieve by your usual emotional blackmail?
Give us Biafra....give us president....give us development...give us yen yen yen, all those lines are stale, you work for what you get and power has never been served on a platter, it maybe new to you guys cause you never had an empire or a centralized system of government, but your old dogs can still learn new tricks.

The last PDP chairmanship election that produced Uche Secondus has cemented the fact that there's nothing like micro zoning, Zoning is between the North and the South (as simple as ABC), Wike and the other PDP stalwarts stated it clearly to the chagrin of the SW and to the cheers of you children of hate who jubilate when policies favours you but try to emotionally blackmail others when it's against you.

It's no mistake that the two northern presidents (Yaradua and Buhari) in this new political dispensation are not only from the same NW region but from the same state Katsina with none of the other regions made up hundreds of tribes crying and wailing like our usual bush babies.

The Mumu Op will support Kanu today, call Nigeria Zoo/shithole and all derogatory name in the book, abuse Hausa-Fulani and Muslims but still want to become the president of the Zoo. We know all your Biafra charade is for political patronage.

Baba How far....
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by joeyfire(m): 4:10pm On May 18, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Partnership and alliance is what produced the rule for rotational presidency between North and South. The rotation is not based on equity and fairness as you alluded to.

If you review the accomplishments and failures since 1999 till date you will see this is evident in both PDP and APC, the two parties that have ruled the country.

If it was simply equity and fairness, it should have made Atiku a President by now.

Buhari naively believed fairness would get him presidency but realized lack of partnership and alliance is what stood in his way.

What is standing in Ibo's way is partnership and alliance. If you continue to wait in line for equity and fairness you will be dissapointed.

Moreover, the SS you are attaching to has also demanded its right to complete GEJ's 8yr rule and have thrown their hats in the 2023 battle. Behind you they are working hard negotiating and forming alliances, smartly and strategically....while you continue in your buffoonery of seeking an equity and fairness to nowhere.

Kwakwakwakakwa grin grin grin grin grin

Yorubas are in no position to lecture anybody especially the South East about the need to enter into alliances to get the presidency. The whole country left the presidency for you people in 1999 because of the equity and fairness that you are trying to downplay today. Yorubas did not enter into any alliance before you were given the president out of PITY over MKO Abiola's death

Igbos don't even need this presidency you are all ready to die for, we need to leave this country for you NURTW people and your masters up north grin But if na matter of alliance and fairness you know Igbos are the people who will get it in 2023. But we no need am, give us a referendum instead
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by joeyfire(m): 4:16pm On May 18, 2020
googi:

Think about it, like other businesses that trusted Igbo, once the Yoruba founders died, they all became dominated by Igbo.

As if we don't know the story of Punch Newspapers tongue
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by PVision2020(m): 4:43pm On May 18, 2020
scholes0:

Baba How far....
Scholes baba mo wa jare. How your side?
Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by MetaPhysical: 5:10pm On May 18, 2020
Igboid:

NYM had been in existence before Zik came to Lagos and later joined.

NYM was originally Lagos Youth Movement, LYM.

See attached article. 1934 Zik was just finishing school in US and returned to Africa. He came to Lagos in 1936.....two years after the date referenced in the article.

The whole event of NYM disintegration is around a vacancy in the council seat. Kofo Abayomi held the seat but he got a Rhodes Scholarship to study in UK and vacated the seat. New election was needed. This is what brought about the contest between Ikoli and Akinsanya. There were deep disagreements in the NYM party.

Akinsanya was not Zik's candidate. Akinsanya left NYM to run as a Independent candidate. Zik also ran as independent candidate.

Ikoli won, Akinsanya came second, beating Zik.

Stop rewriting and fabricating new additions.

Zik was not the owner of NYM or NCNC. He was not even a cofounder of any party in Lagos.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: The SE/SS Should Work Against The SW, Even If It Means North Retaining Pow by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 18, 2020
omonnakoda:

Who are you kidding did you happily share a country with Yoruba before 1967?
You tell yourselves lies all the time
You are in a box.
A 5% box of irrelevance.

When you are ready declare another Biafra and see what happens

What makes you think Yoruba want good relationships
We want good behaviour from you.
Misbehave and you will be chastised severely
You talk as if you can do anything to Yoruba

Your words are IMPOTENT RANTING

Declare Biafra if them born una well

Precisely. I don't really know why Igbos remain oblivious to the fact that they are in a parasitic relationship with Yorubas that will collapse spectacularly God willing they gain Biafra.

What do Yorubas gain from the SE? Zilch.

What do Igbos gain from the SW? Every single damn thing that makes a man or woman complete in ways their own region cannot give them hence the ridiculously high number of Igbos who are now Yoruba in ideology and have no interest in ever living in the SE.

I know many of those type of Igbos personally to predict that the militant IPOBians and hardcore separatists elements, pushing for Biafra, will be extremely shocked and frustrated by the huge number of Igbos outside Ala Igbo who will insist on keeping their Nigerian passport, if this ensures they remain in the SW, rather than get a Biafran passport that condemns them to living in the cauldron of hate, intolerance, backwardness and discrimination the South East region is.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Treat Your People Fairly, Buhari Cautions New Emir Of Zazzau / Declare Miyetti Allah As Terrorist Organisation - Governor Ortom Tells FG / Fuel Scarcity Has Worsened Suffering Of Nigerians — CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.