Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Was My Whatsapp Account Hacked? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Was My Whatsapp Account Hacked? (651 Views)

My Facebook Account Hacked! How Do I Retrieve It? / Jack Dorsey’s Twitter Account Hacked / My Facebook Account Hacked Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was My Whatsapp Account Hacked? by MasterJayJay: 7:57am On May 17, 2020
Last week, I noticed that someone was trying to gain access to my Whatsapp account. I was too fast that I didn't notice the popup message on my phone which I dismissed. But I quickly went to settings and activated the two steps verification.

This week, a password was sent to my phone, a verification number which means someone was trying to gain access to my account. I didn't bother because my two steps verification is activated.

Few hours later, I switched on my data and discovered I could not gain access to my Whatsapp account as a message displayed my Whatsapp has been installed in another device. So I have to reinstall again and verify again before gaining access.

My worry now is, did the hacker successfully gain access to my account or was it just an installation on his/her device?

Can a hacker install without gaining access?
Re: Was My Whatsapp Account Hacked? by Gwagone: 8:05am On May 17, 2020
Do not worry
As far as you have your two step verification password.
Only you can access it, the hacker just installed for installing sake

1 Like

Re: Was My Whatsapp Account Hacked? by MasterJayJay: 8:30am On May 17, 2020
Gwagone:
Do not worry As far as you have your two step verification password. Only you can access it, the hacker just installed for installing sake
Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Neatly Used Redmi8 Or Note 8 Needed / Telegram Surpassed 500 Million Users In 72hrs / The Best Camera Mobile Phones Of 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.