Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Importing Drugs From India - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Importing Drugs From India (7707 Views)

Start Importing Laptops Into Nigeria And Keep Making The Money (INTRO) / Importing Drugs From India / Guidelines For Importing Goods Into Nigeria (clearing Your Goods) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing Drugs From India by Suhaibu(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
Nairalanders, Am in india and want to buy pharmateutical drugs and send to Nigeria as it's profitable. The thing is am new to the biz. I dnt knw the right channel to ship those goods to Nigeria. Also, am starting with 1000 USD and am worried with Immigration and all the 9ja factors and dnt know if its illegal to import LEGAL PHARMATEUTICAL DRUGS IN NIGERIA. Pls guide me on how to go into this: what is the right channel to do this? the guy to recieve the goods isnt in lagos, he is in the far north-- Sokoto. How can he get the goods? I need your guide folks. 1LUV.
Re: Importing Drugs From India by naijacutee(f): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
Hi Shuaibu, I think that you will find Item 11 on the Import Prohibition list very useful. See : http://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php

Also, as with every business, you have to establish that there is demand for the drugs you are importing which fall outside the list. The medicines you are thinking of importing might already be in the country - and even cost cheaper. If they are not already in the country, why is this? Is there demand for them, or are there better, local alternatives? You don't want to end up with goods you *though* will move, but in reality are useless.

Also, not need to think about getting NAFDAC certification before you do anything because any drug you attempt to sell without NAFDAC certification is deemed illegal, even before you open your mouth. It might be worth looking at NAFDAC's list of blacklisted companies also as many of them are Indian pharmaceutical companies : http://www.nafdacnigeria.org/blacklisted.html

Here are instructions on how to get NAFDAC certification for your drugs : http://www.nafdacnigeria.org/drugs.html

All the best

1 Like

Re: Importing Drugs From India by Suhaibu(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2011
naijacutee: That's an amazing insight ! Thanks alot. Am gonna drop that Medics for now. I've another idea though: importing gadgets & tablet computers from Chinese dropshippers. Any suggestion on this? On how i can get my goods delivered to my buddy who is in a sokoto? Can he safely get the goods or must he come to Murtala Muhammad Airport to claim the goods? Thanks
Re: Importing Drugs From India by naijacutee(f): 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2011
You're very welcome, Suhaibu.

That's also a good idea as well, but you have to remember that there is a lot of competition in this area (as there are less restrictions). It's likely, and probably easier for whatever you're selling to be sent to Lagos first, so it would be a good idea to get someone in Lagos or a company that can handle your logistics properly. Where are you located?

I think that the most important thing to do before you import anything is to make sure that you have customers waiting on the ground first. Many make the mistake of importing what they think will sell first, and then they are tied down with the goods. Find out what people are hungry to get and what people need. For example, you can go to supermarkets, shops and see what their customers always ask for and which they don't stock. Look through the "Wanted Ads" on Nairaland and see what people want. Speak to businesses, as they are likely to return your money in bulk if yu don't have the resources to sell your goods individually for more profit.
Re: Importing Drugs From India by Suhaibu(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2011
Thank you naijacutee: Agreed wholeheartedly, I'm in India right now. It's just that my people are in the North & I really dnt have a trusted hand in Lagos. Can a courier ship my goods from lag air port to the north? I appreciate your time and effort NC.
Re: Importing Drugs From India by Suhaibu(m): 5:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
Thank you naijacutee: Agreed wholeheartedly, I'm in India right now. It's just that my people are in the North & I really dnt have a trusted hand in Lagos. Can a courier ship my goods from lag air port to the north? I appreciate your time and effort NC.
Re: Importing Drugs From India by mpaudena: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
Naijacutee, I'd like to talk to you a bit more to learn about the importation business. Please email me at mack.audena@gmail.com with subject line being "Naijacutee re- Nigerian Importation" Thanks.
Re: Importing Drugs From India by NileshMendpara: 10:56am On Sep 24, 2014
hi everyone,

actually it's a good idea to import medicines from india and sell in nigeria.
we are a pharmceutical exporter from india. we are capable to provide you most of the drugs.
if you want to import the medicines from India then please contact me. i will help you.
mail me on info@actizapharma.com
www.actizapharma.com
thanks.
Re: Importing Drugs From India by supereagle(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
naijacutee, it seems you have sound knowledge of importation from India. I will like you clear me few things about Indian market.

(1) (Reply)

Business Name Registration With Cac-how To Do Yours In 24 Hours / Amosun Leads Squad To Demolish Babalakin’s N1 Billion Plant / Oil Prices Rise Over Iran Sanctions Worries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.