Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights (47963 Views)

Anambra Int'l Airport: Commercial Flights Arrive From Abuja & Lagos:video / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Neictraema(f): 3:50pm On May 17, 2020
Nigeria has impounded an aircraft belonging to Flair Aviation, a United Kingdom company, after it was discovered to be conducting commercial flights to the country despite a ban on all flight operations due to the Coronavirus outbreak.

The company, according to Nigeria's Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, had been granted a waiver to carry out humanitarian operations but instead carried out commercial flights.

COVID-19. Flair Aviation, a UK company, was given approval for humanitarian operations but regrettably we caught them conducting commercial flights. This is callous! The craft is impounded, crew being interrogated. There shall be maximum penalty. Wrong time to try our resolve!

https://mobile.twitter.com/hadisirika/status/1262011252924198913

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by IME1: 3:52pm On May 17, 2020
Please tell me angry who directed the pilot from the control tower? Who authorised it's landing at all? Who were the immigration officers who attended to the new arrivals? Who were the FAAN staff who were on "duty" at the airport

Which kain wahala be this with Nigeria

Updated-
Truly I can't reply all mentions but God bless y'all
Insults have been forgiven and have been re-routed back to sender so they can have a feel of their comments, speak well so if you have to eat back your words they won't be gravel in your mouth

1 Timothy 5:1 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;
1 Timothy 5:2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

Enuff said, I read the thread and even the other thread that was also opened on the same issue that one of the mods closed.

The change of purpose of the landing and take off was also supervised.
Those who supervised the landing of the plane for humanitarian grounds were invariably the ones who would have supervised it's take off with passengers for commercial purposes.

The commercial purposes for which it "attempted" to carryout, where were the passengers to come from, board from and get checked at?

For example if they've closed GIGM, ABC or The Young, will you still see passengers hanging around with luggage at their terminals? What for? Why were they even passengers ready to go where ever in the airport in the first place? It's like seeing students wearing uniform walking into a school compound for what? Sight seeing?

As I blame Nigeria, I blame all those involved whether the British carrier or the British airport from whence it came from.

Mind you many people are using and have used humanitarian reasons to perpetuate crimes and do flaunt laws. I heard of a woman in my neighbourhood who was able to travel interstate because an FRSC official took her to cross the state border himself! So who should we blame here, just the woman?

Happy Sunday Nlders
Meanwhile who can tell me the movie this picture comes from? It's a trivia

141 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Racoon(m): 4:03pm On May 17, 2020
What was the passenger manifest reading before the plane left the UK? This must be unprofessional of the airline.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by new2012: 4:03pm On May 17, 2020
IME1:
Please tell me angry who directed the pilot from the control tower? Who authorised it's landing at all? Who were the immigration officers who attended to the new arrivals? Who were the FAAN staff who were on "duty" at the airport

It was allowed humanitarian flight.. So it was properly controlled.. It landed and was found to be commercial..

That's what was written bro.

328 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 17, 2020
IME1:

Can you read and understand simple English?

212 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Gabonese: 4:14pm On May 17, 2020
Nigeria wan price market wey dem no fit buy.

11 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by bigstan11787(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2020
Countries are impounding flights..Nigeria self want to impound too..SMH

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 17, 2020
shocked

The most corrupt regime in Nigeria's modern history.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by emmabest2000(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2020
Wuru wuru Company

But if you recheck the so called UK Company very well you realize that the real owner of that UK Company is a Nigerian with some Nigerian crewmembers grin

Again
Wuru wuru Company

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Ernerstdavid55(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2020
grin
Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Osidazz19: 4:15pm On May 17, 2020
NICE!

2 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by jericco1(m): 4:15pm On May 17, 2020
Give this news till evening and you won't even know such a thing occurred! No be Nigeria again? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by adebayo201: 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
I've nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by chigutz(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
Human and testing resolve are like 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Chiedu4Trump: 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
Nothing go happen, by the time they bribe Reps dem go close the case
Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Coldie(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
Hadi Siriaka don hammer, the bribe go plenty

2 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by GboyegaD(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
Good news. We await the outcome of the interrogation and hope this isn't one of our initial gra gra.

3 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by oloripelebe2: 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
IME1:

Please read again

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Exc2000: 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
na wa
Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by DirtyGold: 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
Which resolve? cheesy cheesy

Exkis me mr minister, you've impounded the plane, what else are you going to about it?

What's tha business?

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Myhusband(m): 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
grin

is this a country or sample of third world war country? which sane country allow foreign private owned airline company do humanitarian services when Nigerian airline like Peace and others private owned airlines exist?

as far as I'm concern I haven't feel, seen and read a dumb, callous and foolish regime as this Quota system regime in the history of Nigeria before

this country keep retrogressing day by day because we have blind people holding blind people to cross the road. so pathetic

5 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by rawtouch: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
grin

what are you going to do
Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Yakhi84: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
Laughable...Toothless bulldog dey bark and you expect street to scatter! grin cheesy. This country can sabi do pass e sef. In the end, no prosecution!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Osidazz19: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
IME1:

Pls try and read again. It was granted permission to fly humanitarian flights. It was later discovered that they were conducting commercial flight.

Read again.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by IAmSkinny: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
Mtcheewww. Initial gra gra ni

1 Like

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Elslim: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
Y
Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by bolaayenimo: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
watch and see how FG will deny this

2 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by Kennyceez: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
IME1:

It was meant for humanitarian purpose to aid in the fight of the virus but instead, the purpose for it was diverted

5 Likes

Re: Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights by flyingpig: 4:17pm On May 17, 2020
See the minister shaking his body vigorously.

If not that a very good friend of his died due to complications arising as a result of covid-19 disease, he wouldn't have been too bothered, just a bribe and ALL would have been settled. grin

Abba Kyari rest on

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Seen A Nigerian Elephant?Nigeria Abandoned tourism potential / Man Shows What Was Used As The Backseat Of A Bus He Board In Lagos. / Stop The Agents, Get The Visa Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.