Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,160 members, 7,825,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. (5431 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) / The Agony Of Private School Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Matthewdan(m): 8:46pm On May 18, 2020
I'm not surprise with how it's with private school teachers now.
I just completed my T.P in Calabar at Henshaw Govt. Secondary Sch. It opened my eyes to what teachers are facing, poor working conditions more work less pay in short the teachers hasn't received salary for almost three months. But the Principal is so diligent, always encouraging them!..... I'm a 400lv student as it is now I'm saving to learn a skill with dz pandemic break.

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by SmartMen: 1:18am On May 19, 2020
alternateReality:
I want to try transcribing. I saw it here in this forum. I borrowed a friend's laptop. The problem i have now is to get a modem. I dont know if a good samaritan can help me with modem or 3,500 to buy on. The last time i received a salary was in March. Plus i am using an itel torchlight, so i cant connect it to the laptop. I have tried to borrow money but no one wants to give me and i am not good at begging consistently. Can anyone help please?
have u found a modem yet?
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by hstar: 2:35am On May 19, 2020
Abeg I can't sleep because of hunger, any body with financial help should please assist me I last received salary since January, we've not been paid February salary in where I'm teaching, pls I'm begging, I can't cope with hunger again, Im still awake due hunger, I can't sleep please help me
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by alternateReality: 7:27am On May 19, 2020
SmartMen:
have u found a modem yet?

YEah thanks

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Laryne(m): 9:06am On May 19, 2020
zicoraads:

Again, there are exceptions.

I don't have a masters degree. I got in immediately after my NYSC. I now have a ton of certifications. And only recently enroled for my masters.

Not every tailor has it extremely good, it's not about lifestyle. As I said, no one saw this coming. Everyone has been affected.

Very few jobs in Nigeria are 100 percent assured.

And I'm not giving anyone false hopes. What I'm saying is do not generalise. There are those who are at the top of every venture. And teaching is more amazing if you are in a good private school. I mostly pity public school teachers. And I won't swap my job for theirs, not in a million years. Private schools exposes you to an amazing level of experience that you can never find in a public one. The pay is better as well. The travel: both local and foreign for trainings.

Someone leaving NYSC has a very good chance. Greensprings in Lagos and some other private schools now have an internship programme in place. Their system is like the bank's. They even prefer fresh graduates for these programmes. And then the pay is good for the duration of their internship, with much better when you are employed fully. They had one not too long ago.

These opportunities are there. Some of you don't just know they are. Yes, they are slim, but they are still there. You just have to know where to look.

Well said.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by CalebLebsco56(m): 11:46am On May 19, 2020
zicoraads:

I sometimes wonder why some of you make generalisations as a result of a personal problem.

I have a friend who is a tailor. He was unable to meet up with our last month's contribution as a result of the fact that he shut down his shop and had not opened since.

I am a teacher. I have been paid and I'm still being paid my salary. I was even given a bonus last week that I thought wasn't going to come. I won't even swap my teaching right now with a bank job of 200k. I might consider if it's 300k.

I am in the process of launching a website that connects teachers to students, and even before it launches, I have already spoken verbally to a few parents, and have gotten two enrolments.

5k every week. Virtual teaching for primary and secondary students. WAEC lessons and Cambridge lessons will cost more.

The point is this: there are schools who pay their teachers about 150k or more as starting salaries. These schools have continued to run via E-learning platforms. Their teachers are still being paid. Banks are retrenching. Some government ministries and agencies will soon merge after this pandemic is over. Government might also retrench.

No one saw this coming. The only thing we can do is evolve and adapt.

Teaching is an amazing job. It's also sustainable. Just try and become so good at it that when any school calls you for an offer of 150k, plus accomodation, you will tell them what you want as your starting salary is 250k, 300k or more, with accomodation, plus other benefits.
You dnt know what you saying bro...150k bro you dey lie jare private school...you dey vex me walahi....let me tell you its only private school that pays high amount school fees that can pay that, only expensive ones or Ajebo schools maybe in Lagos or Abuja.....nd you cant be able to get employment there
But 90% of private school in Nigeria which is not standard does not pay more than 25 or 30k....nd you should know Private schools now has turn to bizness organisation.....
If you know you know!!
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by zicoraads: 12:26pm On May 19, 2020
CalebLebsco56:

You dnt know what you saying bro...150k bro you dey lie jare private school...you dey vex me walahi....let me tell you its only private school that pays high amount school fees that can pay that, only expensive ones or Ajebo schools maybe in Lagos or Abuja.....nd you cant be able to get employment there
But 90% of private school in Nigeria which is not standard does not pay more than 25 or 30k....nd you should know Private schools now has turn to bizness organisation.....
If you know you know!!
Oga calm down. cheesy

Which ones you think say I de talk about? Na the ajebo ones nau...wey school fees dey run into millions.

Abi those ones no be private schools again? undecided
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by zicoraads: 7:52pm On May 19, 2020
Kalaba:

I had in mind to charge them, but wanted running free for like 3 weeks.
Yes, I live in Lagos.
God no go shame us! Thank you brohda.
Just sent 2k airtime to you.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Saintinoo(m): 8:05pm On May 19, 2020
tiswell:
Maybe it's the private schools in your state or region. Here in my state, private school's pupils are no match for public schools both in academic and curricula activities.
Private schools are filled mostly with half-baked mediocre undergraduates and graduate teachers. Private schools especially nursery and primary in Nigeria is a huge scam, sadly most parents have been brainwashed.
And where is that your place....
You should have said "some private schools".
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Kalaba(m): 1:02am On May 20, 2020
zicoraads:

Just sent 2k airtime to you.
Received. Tnx for your kind gesture
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by zik4ever: 3:55pm On May 20, 2020
Please if you are a certified teacher and Junior WAEC examiner (BECE/JSCE) in Mathematics and/or Basic Sciences or Basic Technology, resident in Abuja (preferably around Karu Site, Kugbo, Nyanya, FHA, Jikwoyi axis) and interests in home tutorials, please contact me ASAP.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Yusluv13(m): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
ademujacob:
MAY GOD BLESS THE AUTHOR OF THIS WRITE UP.WORKING IN PRIVATE SCHOOL IS NOT A GOOD OPTION.MAY GOD DELIVER US FROM ANY FORM OF EXPLOITATION.

Aamin and you too.
Thank you very much.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter To The Minister Of Education On Immorality / What Can I Do To This United States Guy I Did Maths Assignment For / Unilag Diploma/foundation Programme Admission 2013/2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.