Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,823 members, 7,817,399 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. (5420 Views)

Private School Teachers Are Really Going Through Alot. / School Teachers Shocked At What They Found Under Student's Cardigan (Photo) / The Agony Of Private School Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 18, 2020
Reading all this here made me feel worse for this country.....y'all should stay strong, and keep looking for better opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Raymeskey: 12:41pm On May 18, 2020
This makes me remember when I was teaching in private school. Mehn... the load on me then was as if I'm in hell but I kept believing in God, working hard and praying till the Lord pushed me out.

My advice is nothing else than don't give up, keep on pushing, keep on pressing, keep on pursuing, keep on believing and keep on praying. Never relent, never relax attach other things you feel you can do, it is never late to learn handiwork, you can do just believe in yourself and I know one day sooner or later you'll share your testimony.

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by psalm68(m): 12:42pm On May 18, 2020
Its really pathetic and heart broken to be a private school teacher here in Nigeria. With all the agonizing, dehumanizing and slavery conditions we face from school owners, we still try to mould the future of these young ones.

Even the three weeks that we worked in march still didn't give them any reason to pay us the meagre peanut they call salary. They have forgotten that we also have families and children we toil day and night to train in school.

Our counterparts in public schools are getting fat pays while we languish in poverty.

Well, as they say, ' there is God'.

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by beylinko02: 12:54pm On May 18, 2020
kevwemike:
Bros my wife she's been paid 5k per month as a private school teacher.
Bros, please encourage your wife to do business. if it's to sell Akara, she will make more than that. See certificate helps no one.
I was also a class teacher before I left so I understood everything the Op wrote.
My wife actually told me to reply you, she's into business herself. I know how that has helped us. please encourage her, she can sell necklace, shoe, okirika etc for a start.

07zero 398three 4785

2 Likes

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by samtol4(m): 1:09pm On May 18, 2020
The wickedness melted on private teachers is unbelievable. However ,some top private schools pay very well while most decide to pay peanuts.i think teachers should have plan A ,B and c and ensure to learn a trade

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Jacktheripper: 1:12pm On May 18, 2020
kevwemike:

Na your wife I blame. E better to dey waka up and down the street than accept that useless job. Intact, secondary school students sef can't survive on that amount.

Abeh check again, na 50k you wan type?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by hillsway(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2020
alternateReality:
I reside in Lagos.
send me a pm.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by tiswell(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2020
Maybe it's the private schools in your state or region. Here in my state, private school's pupils are no match for public schools both in academic and curricula activities.
Private schools are filled mostly with half-baked mediocre undergraduates and graduate teachers. Private schools especially nursery and primary in Nigeria is a huge scam, sadly most parents have been brainwashed.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Saintinoo(m): 2:56pm On May 18, 2020
hardbody:

There is a reason private schools charge higher and get paid premium salaries. Go and read a bit more on capitalism.
And what is it about capitalism?
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Keketu(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2020
Ayanfe29:
Amen to that o
hi good morning please pm me thanks
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by beylinko02: 3:24pm On May 18, 2020
kevwemike:
Thank you for reaching out! All will be fine sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by NuclearGodzilla: 3:40pm On May 18, 2020
Private school teachers in Nigeria are the unsung heroes.

This post touched my soft spot
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by alternateReality: 3:43pm On May 18, 2020
hillsway:
send me a pm.

i have done that
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 18, 2020
This is bad. Though I'm still living with my parents and being taken care of, I once worked with a private school and I was paid #16k ND HOLDER. Payment system was really not okay as it did not commensurates with the work. After a year I withdrew. And I am currently hoping to go for my HND when schools resume. I pray I find a helper. I don't want to go near their environment again.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Kalaba(m): 4:06pm On May 18, 2020
Yusluv13:
The God of Private School Teachers please have Public Mercy on them.

They work hard and used by their proprietor and Head masters still they earn lesser than their work( act of modern slavery?)
while their counter part work lesser and earn more than them.

They ain't have voice to protest like their counter part who have NUT, ASUU etc does. If they tried they may be fired while their counter part will earn more salary for protest.

During pandemic and holiday they get no salary while the public school Teachers get salary.

The God of Private School Teachers, don't forget them please.

Yusluv
It has really been difficult here, opened online classes to even take students for free, yet no data to continue. Every morning I wake up, I pray the 'Our Father' with emphasis on 'and lead us not into temptation' especially in this time of tribulations, we ask this through Christ our Lord Amen.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by NuclearGodzilla: 4:22pm On May 18, 2020
Saddest thread I've bumped into today.

I'm not crying cry

2 Likes

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by CalebLebsco56(m): 4:26pm On May 18, 2020
Hmmm
Private school only if you havent worked there its really modern slavery, at the end of month you recieve peanuts after serious labour
I can remember my principal always saying he will deducts money for those that miss class, come late, does not summit lesson plan
My propretress when she wants to pay she will cimplain up and down saying no money to pay staff because student have not paid fees
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by zicoraads: 4:33pm On May 18, 2020
Laryne:
One lesson I have learnt from this COVID-19:
It is better to be unemployed and develop or learn a skill than be a private school teacher.

My advice to everyone about to finish school or service:
NEVER consider teaching as something you will do before you secure a better job. Instead learn how to fix phone, laptop, make shoe or clothes. If it is not government teaching job, you are wasting your life and you will regret it when you get old.
I sometimes wonder why some of you make generalisations as a result of a personal problem.

I have a friend who is a tailor. He was unable to meet up with our last month's contribution as a result of the fact that he shut down his shop and had not opened since.

I am a teacher. I have been paid and I'm still being paid my salary. I was even given a bonus last week that I thought wasn't going to come. I won't even swap my teaching right now with a bank job of 200k. I might consider if it's 300k.

I am in the process of launching a website that connects teachers to students, and even before it launches, I have already spoken verbally to a few parents, and have gotten two enrolments.

5k every week. Virtual teaching for primary and secondary students. WAEC lessons and Cambridge lessons will cost more.

The point is this: there are schools who pay their teachers about 150k or more as starting salaries. These schools have continued to run via E-learning platforms. Their teachers are still being paid. Banks are retrenching. Some government ministries and agencies will soon merge after this pandemic is over. Government might also retrench.

No one saw this coming. The only thing we can do is evolve and adapt.

Teaching is an amazing job. It's also sustainable. Just try and become so good at it that when any school calls you for an offer of 150k, plus accomodation, you will tell them what you want as your starting salary is 250k, 300k or more, with accomodation, plus other benefits.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by freelancerrr: 4:39pm On May 18, 2020
BabangidaHamza:
The last time I received salary was February. I worked for 22days in the Month of March but up till now no pay.. If you come late the school authorities deduct money from the peanuts they pay you, they don't pay on time and give flimsy excuse that the children didn't pay school fees, they give you 3-5 classes to handle which led to unnecessary stress. The most annoying thing about private schools is that they are not appreciative. May Allah SWT come to our Succor

E go better

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by BabangidaHamza(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2020
freelancerrr:

You picked the words right out of my mouth, we are in the same shoes. I am broke as hell right now.
if you see the humiliations am facing at home you would have pity on me just because am broke, an my mum is that medium to call me all sort names and blame me all the times for an offence I don't even know I committed
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by freelancerrr: 4:58pm On May 18, 2020
Private teachers have been suffering in silence.

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by fk001(m): 5:24pm On May 18, 2020
People are suffering wow what a sad thread
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Laryne(m): 5:31pm On May 18, 2020
zicoraads:

I sometimes wonder why some of you make generalisations as a result of a personal problem.

I have a friend who is a tailor. He was unable to meet up with our last month's contribution as a result of the fact that he shut down his shop and had not opened since.

I am a teacher. I have been paid and I'm still being paid my salary. I was even given a bonus last week that I thought wasn't going to come. I won't even swap my teaching right now with a bank job of 200k. I might consider if it's 300k.

I am in the process of launching a website that connects teachers to students, and even before it launches, I have already spoken verbally to a few parents, and have gotten two enrolments.

5k every week. Virtual teaching for primary and secondary students. WAEC lessons and Cambridge lessons will cost more.

The point is this: there are schools who pay their teachers about 150k or more as starting salaries. These schools have continued to run via E-learning platforms. Their teachers are still being paid. Banks are retrenching. Some government ministries and agencies will soon merge after this pandemic is over. Government might also retrench.

No one saw this coming. The only thing we can do is evolve and adapt.

Teaching is an amazing job. It's also sustainable. Just try and become so good at it that when any school calls you for an offer of 150k, plus accomodation, you will tell them what you want as your starting salary is 250k, 300k or more, with accomodation, plus other benefits.

You have very salient points yet I have some objections.

Firstly, what is the lifestyle of that your friend. If he is into such a mess, then there must be something highly questionable about his way of life. I know countless tailors at corners of streets in containers who are effortlessly paying their bills and I know a tidy sum of teachers in private schools cursing their luck.

Only about 10%of private school pay well with good working a conditions. People who are in those schools probably like yourself, hardly resign which takes away employment by 48%. They also hardly sack their staff which takes another 48%. 1% is if a staff dies. Then the 3% remaining chance of getting employed in such schools is tied around a staff there getting a better job or traveling abroad for whatever.

Teaching is amazing outside the private sector. Someone just leaving NYSC does not stand a chance in a standard school. Most of those schools you are talking of requires a Master's degree at entry level.

Chances of landing a decent teaching job is extremely slim. Please don't give the younger ones a false hope. Don't make them built castles in the air or ride wishes as horses. They deserve a life instead of the life of servitude most teachers live.

3 Likes

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Diffdeef(m): 6:19pm On May 18, 2020
It's a pity,but you guys are definitely not in lagos,what's with the 5k,10k,15k,18k salary when some cleaners in Lagos earn 30k,supermarket attendants 30-40k just O-level holders,cashiers 40-50k OND,O-level holders in my company earn 30k or slightly higher,same with most companies I know,there's a current opening for an O-level holder,pay is 30k,Must reside in Isolo,if interested HMU.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by emmawiz: 6:28pm On May 18, 2020
I'm an interstate transport worker. We don't get paid at all except for commission of about 1500 or 2k after a day job and mind u we sometimes work 4 times a week or even 3. We last worked 20th March. Pls I need help.. 0097179965 diamond Bank.. I have suffered a lot. I'm a graduate of ABU but due to unemployment I am working in a motor park. I base in plateau state
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by zicoraads: 6:28pm On May 18, 2020
Laryne:

You have very salient points yet I have some objections.

Firstly, what is the lifestyle of that your friend. If he is into such a mess, then there must be something highly questionable about his way of life. I know countless tailors at corners of streets in containers who are effortlessly paying their bills and I know a tidy sum of teachers in private schools cursing their luck.

Only about 10%of private school pay well with good working a conditions. People who are in those schools probably like yourself, hardly resign which takes away employment by 48%. They also hardly sack their staff which takes another 48%. 1% is if a staff dies. Then the 3% remaining chance of getting employed in such schools is tied around a staff there getting a better job or traveling abroad for whatever.

Teaching is amazing outside the private sector. Someone just leaving NYSC does not stand a chance in a standard school. Most of those schools you are talking of requires a Master's degree at entry level.

Chances of landing a decent teaching job is extremely slim. Please don't give the younger ones a false hope. Don't make them built castles in the air or ride wishes as horses. They deserve a life instead of the life of servitude most teachers live.
Again, there are exceptions.

I don't have a masters degree. I got in immediately after my NYSC. I now have a ton of certifications. And only recently enroled for my masters.

Not every tailor has it extremely good, it's not about lifestyle. As I said, no one saw this coming. Everyone has been affected.

Very few jobs in Nigeria are 100 percent assured.

And I'm not giving anyone false hopes. What I'm saying is do not generalise. There are those who are at the top of every venture. And teaching is more amazing if you are in a good private school. I mostly pity public school teachers. And I won't swap my job for theirs, not in a million years. Private schools exposes you to an amazing level of experience that you can never find in a public one. The pay is better as well. The travel: both local and foreign for trainings.

Someone leaving NYSC has a very good chance. Greensprings in Lagos and some other private schools now have an internship programme in place. Their system is like the bank's. They even prefer fresh graduates for these programmes. And then the pay is good for the duration of their internship, with much better when you are employed fully. They had one not too long ago.

These opportunities are there. Some of you don't just know they are. Yes, they are slim, but they are still there. You just have to know where to look.
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by zicoraads: 6:31pm On May 18, 2020
Kalaba:

It has really been difficult here, opened online classes to even take students for free, yet no data to continue. Every morning I wake up, I pray the 'Our Father' with emphasis on 'and lead us not into temptation' especially in this time of tribulations, we ask this through Christ our Lord Amen.
You can't charge them for the online classes?

...just went through your posts. Send your data line to my mail and I'll gift you data. If you can, try and charge for the online classes. Especially students who are preparing for WAEC. You stay in Lagos?
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 18, 2020
I really feel for them
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Roon9(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2020
Laryne:
One lesson I have learnt from this COVID-19:
It is better to be unemployed and develop or learn a skill than be a private school teacher.

My advice to everyone about to finish school or service:
NEVER consider teaching as something you will do before you secure a better job. Instead learn how to fix phone, laptop, make shoe or clothes. If it is not government teaching job, you are wasting your life and you will regret it when you get old.

I learnt this during my IT days as at 2011

1 Like

Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by DipoToyo(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2020
No be small mata
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by hstar: 7:44pm On May 18, 2020
azeezengr:
Honestly, the case of private school tutors are pathetic and ditto for some proprietors of "small" schools. Let us try spare from what we have and help anyone close to us amomg the private school teachers. Am sure most of them are not finding it easy. @moderators, this topic is a front page material, please do the needful.
Thanks
Abeg help a Muslim brother for the remaining fasting, please anything I will take just for remaining fasting days, I'm also a teacher in small private school, I don solicit for help tire, but all to no avail, alh. Azeez ejor, anything
Re: God Of Private School Teachers Have Public Mercy On Them. by Kalaba(m): 8:08pm On May 18, 2020
zicoraads:

You can't charge them for the online classes?

...just went through your posts. Send your data line to my mail and I'll gift you data. If you can, try and charge for the online classes. Especially students who are preparing for WAEC. You stay in Lagos?
I had in mind to charge them, but wanted running free for like 3 weeks.
Yes, I live in Lagos.
God no go shame us! Thank you brohda.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exam Malpractice- What Is The Way Forward / BEST Courses To Read In Nigeria For Better Opportunities / Scholarships And Educational Offers For Nigerians And Africans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.