Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive (38113 Views)

Zamfara Offering Cows To Bandits As Incentive To Stop Killing / Nigerian Governors Meet With Dangote & Bill Gates On Health Care / Buhari's Daughter, Zahra Meets With Bill Gates At UN General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:33pm On May 18, 2020
godkiller:
Wonderful

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.

I wanna learn... how do.I go about it...I'm.in Lagos
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nairalandmonika: 8:34pm On May 18, 2020
ProfAmaben:
What's wrong with Bill Gates?? Stick to your programming and leave health matters
This one no concern bill gate jor, the man made an alligation, he should give us proof for us to believe him.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Hungrychicken(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
mannyiyke:
Why not go and show an evidence that they were enticed with money? You're part of the ungrateful fellows who pick holes in people's good deeds. When poliovirus was ravaging the North, they had this archaic belief of yours. But today, they're happy that poliovirus vaccine has eradicated poliomyelitis from the North. My submission is that the lawmakers meant well. They set out to pass this bill, because they knew that most Nigerians had made up their minds that they would never take any vaccine, and if they don't, they'll end up harbouring the virus and constituting a public health risk.
go tell that to the south africans that were injected with HIV instead.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Barbell: 8:37pm On May 18, 2020
I am interested

Ondo State
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nairalandmonika: 8:46pm On May 18, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Yes, I don't have staphylococcus, carry out an independent research and analyse what's going on. Please submit yourself to the vaccine when it's out. Learn to respect people's opinion
Please I want to ask o, how do u carry out this your so called independent research, is it by googling and watching YouTube videos and reading just about any blog?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ProfAmaben(m): 8:47pm On May 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Please I want to ask o, how do u carry out this your so called independent research, is it by googling and watching YouTube videos and reading just about any blog?

How else?

1 Like

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nairalandmonika: 8:50pm On May 18, 2020
femixville:

What is this one saying..
Seems you don't know how well Nigerians have helped his country in whatsoever way you can imagine.

Its his choice not investing in Africa..
You're talking as if Nigerians are raising placards in the street to chase Bill Gates away., when his own people the Americans are the ones leading his arrest nd the rest..

If you believe your own country is a shithole then, you must be a national bastard..

Billionaires of the world comes to Nigeria/Africa at large, drain the nation/continent to enrich themselves dropped the remaining for China to feed on., and their countries, turned back and see Africa like a shithole when theyre the parasites..

Words are powerful, if spoken, can't be packed up.
That's what is hunting Bill Gates..
If he has spent alot for Africa, I have never been privileged to enjoy his cent pls.. Don't know abt you..
So u have never been vaccinated b4?
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nairalandmonika: 8:51pm On May 18, 2020
ProfAmaben:

How else?
For ur mind that na independent research?
Smh

1 Like

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Sermwell(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Hungrychicken:

dont trust a white man. As a black man, they'll always try to take an advantage over you.

The same whites created Hiv/Aids and infected Africans with it. They also sell you the drugs.
shut up ignorant fool!! is HIV drugs for sale??
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ProfAmaben(m): 8:53pm On May 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

For ur mind that na independent research?
Smh
Kindly tell me how else, typical Nairalander
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nairalandmonika: 9:00pm On May 18, 2020
simplesearch:

I think people are curious because this is neither malaria nor polio. Rather a worldwide epidemic that has claimed countless number of lives and resulted in a state of emergency, Americans themselves worse hit with almost incomparable number of death to that of the whole of African combine. Therefore leaving his own people and watch them die in droves and still doing so till now, while palpating relentlessly on others with lesser cases raises an eye brow. And i think this behaviour is what gave Africans the audacity to question the rationale behind his supposed gesture, and the subsequent reactions that follows. Since no one expects him to Love Africans more than the Americans, they were of the opinion that charity should first begin at home. In otherword, If his drug can't heal his people it definitely can't heal us.

Did America not recently repatriated 312 million dollars n donated and extra 30 billion dollars to Nigeria in the middle of a pandemic even though they are worst hit than Nigeria, did eu not donated about 20 million Euro to Nigeria even though they are worst hit, did Germany not donated some money to Nigeria recently even when they have more case than us.

If those countries can donate to us, why cant bill gate donate to us. Bill gates has always been known to make donations to third world countries, it's nothing new. Besides the man has come out to say he has not made any decisions to Nigeria, so what ever thing u wrote up there is just assumption.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nairalandmonika: 9:04pm On May 18, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Kindly tell me how else, typical Nairalander
U just saw some information online, u choose to believe some n disregard some, that's not research, watching YouTube and reading from blog is not research.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by hhmmcj: 9:05pm On May 18, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

My bro your article does not click. But forget about any articles and just use your own God-given thinking to answer this question: WHY IS BG IN PHILANTHROPY? And why do greedier billionaires avoid it? Give us your honest answer to the best of your ability, keeping an open mind

In case you have not been paying attention, Bill Gates has reinvented himself. The world’s richest man stepped down as CEO of Microsoft in 2000, and for the most part stepped away from the business entirely in 2008 to focus on philanthropy.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has outspent the World Health Organization every year since it was founded in 2000, and has spent over $6 billion in AIDS, measles, polio, tuberculosis and malaria.

Over the past 15 years, the Gates Foundation has INVESTED more than $9 billion in Africa. He visited SOUTH AFRICA and in delivering the 14th Nelson Mandela Lecture on July 17 at the University of Pretoria, Gates announced the foundation will be "investing" another $5 billion over the next five years.

Gates said, “When Melinda and I started our foundation 15 years ago, we asked ourselves: what are the areas of greatest opportunity? It was clear to us that "investing in health" was at the top of the list. When people aren’t healthy, they can’t turn their attention to other priorities. But when health improves, life improves by every measure. If we "invest" in the right things – if we make sure the basic needs of Africa’s young people are taken care of – then they will have the physical, cognitive, and emotional resources they need to change the future.”

Note the word “INVESTING”; Bill Gates is not “giving” his money away, he is investing it.

Now curiously ask yourself why is this man investing rigorously in healthcare around the world especially having huge shares in big pharmaceutical "giant" companies. The same reason AIDS have no cure because these companies don't make profits from drugs that cures. CANCER has no cure because these pharmaceutical companies are not charity organizations. They made billions selling their drugs that makes you feel better but don't cure/heal. MALARIA still kill millions of people anually but BG promised donating billions fighting the same sickness with his medicines. EBOLA was contained by the help of an African woman (can't remember her name off hand) but not BG. That was a loss on their portfolio because the vaccines/drugs aren't free or cheap. We could go on about these illnesses.

You asked me to keep an open mind and I adhere; I implore you to do the same but be critical smiley

1 Like

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by easyhacq(m): 9:06pm On May 18, 2020
godkiller:
Wonderful

We are training youths on solar panel production and installation.

If you want to learn or volunteer to teach please drop your WhatsApp number, location and area of interest.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ceejayluv(m): 9:18pm On May 18, 2020
simplesearch:

I think people are curious because this is neither malaria nor polio. Rather a worldwide epidemic that has claimed countless number of lives and resulted in a state of emergency, Americans themselves worse hit with almost incomparable number of death to that of the whole of African combine. Therefore leaving his own people and watch them die in droves and still doing so till now, while palpating relentlessly on others with lesser cases raises an eye brow. And i think this behaviour is what gave Africans the audacity to question the rationale behind his supposed gesture, and the subsequent reactions that follows. Since no one expects him to Love Africans more than the Americans, they were of the opinion that charity should first begin at home. In otherword, If his drug can't heal his people it definitely can't heal us.

Did bill gates ever mention that the vaccines being funded will be solely for Africans?
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ceejayluv(m): 9:21pm On May 18, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
ncdc is the offial body placed with the responsibility of testing and confirming covid-19 cases in nigeria. If they say we have 5k cases why should i doubt them? The are not accurate after all they are human beings and human beings make mistake. if you doubt them you can open your own organisation and start testing people to see for yourself.

You deserve a crate of your favourite drink. One thing I love about the whole conspiracy bullshit is that sooner or later they end up realizing the truth. Th Madagascar Abracadabra will soon be exposed, etc.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 18, 2020
ceejayluv:

You deserve a crate of your favourite drink. One thing I love about the whole conspiracy bullshit is that sooner or later they end up realizing the truth. Th Madagascar Abracadabra will soon be exposed, etc.
No mind them
ordinary abgo madagascar dey charge us 78million naira cheesy
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Fadman4real(m): 9:30pm On May 18, 2020
Naija246:
grin

You have no idea what you talk about, bill gates was never an engineer, you are a joker. a clown
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by kabillionaire(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2020
WHO allegedly offered $20m to Madagascar to poison vaccine,
Bill Gates allegedly offered $10m to naija house of rep.
WHO and Bill Gates #5 & 6#,
we're watching
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by costandi(m): 9:40pm On May 18, 2020
Xisnin:

No.
Because he ran away and because you are too dense to understand.
lol. A person runs away by sending a legal representative. Wow, how clever you are.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by CanadaOrBust: 10:03pm On May 18, 2020
hhmmcj:

In case you have not been paying attention, Bill Gates has reinvented himself. The world’s richest man stepped down as CEO of Microsoft in 2000, and for the most part stepped away from the business entirely in 2008 to focus on philanthropy.

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has outspent the World Health Organization every year since it was founded in 2000, and has spent over $6 billion in AIDS, measles, polio, tuberculosis and malaria.

Over the past 15 years, the Gates Foundation has INVESTED more than $9 billion in Africa. He visited SOUTH AFRICA and in delivering the 14th Nelson Mandela Lecture on July 17 at the University of Pretoria, Gates announced the foundation will be "investing" another $5 billion over the next five years.

Gates said, “When Melinda and I started our foundation 15 years ago, we asked ourselves: what are the areas of greatest opportunity? It was clear to us that "investing in health" was at the top of the list. When people aren’t healthy, they can’t turn their attention to other priorities. But when health improves, life improves by every measure. If we "invest" in the right things – if we make sure the basic needs of Africa’s young people are taken care of – then they will have the physical, cognitive, and emotional resources they need to change the future.”

Note the word “INVESTING”; Bill Gates is not “giving” his money away, he is investing it.

Now curiously ask yourself why is this man investing rigorously in healthcare around the world especially having huge shares in big pharmaceutical "giant" companies. The same reason AIDS have no cure because these companies don't make profits from drugs that cures. CANCER has no cure because these pharmaceutical companies are not charity organizations. They made billions selling their drugs that makes you feel better but don't cure/heal. MALARIA still kill millions of people anually but BG promised donating billions fighting the same sickness with his medicines. EBOLA was contained by the help of an African woman (can't remember her name off hand) but not BG. That was a loss on their portfolio because the vaccines/drugs aren't free or cheap. We could go on about these illnesses.

You asked me to keep an open mind and I adhere; I implore you to do the same but be critical smiley

So much misinformation in one short write-up. I’ll number them:
1) You did not answer the question: why did BG go into philanthropy and why do greedier, hungrier billionaires avoid it?
2) BG is not BMGF and he and his wife are not the only trustees. Any money made by BMGF goes back into charity 100% - it does not increase BG’s net worth by a penny.
3) BMGF investment in healthcare is an infinitesimal part of it’s portfolio (see below) and those investment are usually motivated by a desire to have a say in affairs of companies they have to constantly haggle with or whose policies they desire to change. Those investments are also by outside experts in charge of that part of the foundation.
4) Lol. IT IS CALLED “INVESTMENT” BECAUSE YOU WANT THE GREATEST IMPACT (RETURN) ON YOUR MONEY!! Not because you’d be realizing any personal gain from it! Example, it is a better investment to spend on vaccine for the poor than to spend on treating the infection when it occurres. Nigerian mentality - that’s why it is hard for u to understand philanthropic language. U can’t imagine anyone say “invest” without meaning personal gain!
5) He is investing in healthcare for same reason he is investing in extreme poverty.
Study the screenshots below (for perspective famous “billionaire” Otedola is worth less than one third of $1b)

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by zimakod(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2020
Oga provide evidence
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by CanadaOrBust: 10:29pm On May 18, 2020
hhmmcj:

)

Actually BG just now stepped down from Microsoft board

Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ceejayluv(m): 10:39pm On May 18, 2020
proffemi:

Sorry, I don't join issues with folks like you. Have a good life.
Hahaaha… he actually said 'no disease originated in Africa'. so pathetic.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ceejayluv(m): 10:41pm On May 18, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

hahaha... Literally any blog, no matter the obvious bullshit nature. These folks actually post links from some known parody sites as well. Pathetic.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ceejayluv(m): 10:46pm On May 18, 2020
kabillionaire:
WHO allegedly offered $20m to Madagascar to poison vaccine,

Bill Gates allegedly offered $10m to naija house of rep.

WHO and Bill Gates #5 & 6#,

we're watching
the whole allegations are clearly bullshit. The only news site that reported the Madagascar bribe was supposedly Tanzanian. Then spread online by a Zambian site, promoted on nairaland. I challenge any conspiracy theorist to post any mainstream/legit and non-shady sounding news site of the president claiming he was offered bribe or that he's pulling out of WHO.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by ceejayluv(m): 10:48pm On May 18, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

So much misinformation in one short write-up. I’ll number them:
1) You did not answer the question: why did BG go into philanthropy and why do greedier, hungrier billionaires avoid it?
2) BG is not BMGF and he and his wife are not the only trustees. Any money made by BMGF goes back into charity 100% - it does not increase BG’s net worth by a penny.
3) BMGF investment in healthcare is an infinitesimal part of it’s portfolio (see below) and those investment are usually motivated by a desire to have a say in affairs of companies they have to constantly haggle with or whose policies they desire to change. Those investments are also by outside experts in charge of that part of the foundation.
4) Lol. IT IS CALLED “INVESTMENT” BECAUSE YOU WANT THE GREATEST IMPACT (RETURN) ON YOUR MONEY!! Not because you’d be realizing any personal gain from it! Example, it is a better investment to spend on vaccine for the poor than to spend on treating the infection when it occurres. Nigerian mentality - that’s why it is hard for u to understand philanthropic language. U can’t imagine anyone say “invest” without meaning personal gain!
5) He is investing in healthcare for same reason he is investing in extreme poverty.
Study the screenshots below (for perspective famous “billionaire” Otedola is worth less than one third of $1b)

A typical nut job will only say he entered philanthropy to further the anti Christ agenda and inject us with sci-fi level vaccine/chip hybrids. Those folks literally have no limit on their paranoid imagination.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by Realist1(m): 10:53pm On May 18, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

Nigerians are ingrates

Major donor agency would produce HIV/AIDS drugs for free (sometimes free condoms too) and ship it to Nigeria with their own money as charity, and immediately it gets to Nigeria Customs Port of Entry, the Drugs giving to help Nigerians would still be heavily taxed by Nigerian custom, with serious custom duty, and when such drugs still get to Ministry and Agency part of it would still be diverted

Now Bill Gates paid his own money to W.H.O and many Universities with Virology research centers like Oxford, Havard, Stanford and other Ivy league universities, so as to help find a lasting Vaccine as they did with Polio, Small pox and Chicken Pox, yet Nigerians are out again spreading lies that they know isn't true just to score cheap gains while millions risk infection

This is why Billionaire Moguls like Donald Trump would never invest or donate one kobo to Africa or Nigeria, he sees all of us as criminals, doesn't hire us in his conglomerate, and never wants us in his country so as not to polute America with shiitehole virus

Your are very right about that Bill Gates part.Nigeria has a lot of morons even most of the graduates are educated illiterates. I knew for sure Bill Gates will never bribe or do it with that kind of money.Well they won't listen Bill Gate is in charge of sharing the 666 mark through vaccine.Their religious conspiracy theories must continue by fire by force.

However Trump is a racist he hates blacks whether he admits it or not. Morally he is no better than the black man he criticises.If it were a better person now I will keep quiet.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by FNuel: 10:55pm On May 18, 2020
Why is the NCDC bill been rushed for passage? Why are there no public hearing for such a sensitive bill? Why are the contents of the NCDC bill not disclosed to Nigerians? Every Nigerian has a right to know what the NCDC bill is all about and that bill must be given consent by all Nigerians before passage.
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by CanadaOrBust: 11:33pm On May 18, 2020
ceejayluv:

A typical nut job will only say he entered philanthropy to further the anti Christ agenda and inject us with sci-fi level vaccine/chip hybrids. Those folks literally have no limit on their paranoid imagination.

My bro na wa. One man OBVIOUSLY meaning to do good and they have almost succeeded in convincing everyone he is the Anti-Christ!
Because that is the only thing that makes sense - either he is CRAZY or he is the ANTI-CHRIST. You can’t say he gave up Microsoft and started giving away (or “investing” as BG would modestly term it) $36b to make money! You can’t say he is doing it to impress girls! You can’t say he is doing it to impress voters to vote for him, etc. So only one thing is left: HE IS THE ANTI-CHRIST!
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by hhmmcj: 11:45pm On May 18, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Actually BG just now stepped down from Microsoft board

Stepped down in 2000 as the CEO of Microsoft.

Steeping down from the Board in 2020.

These are entirely two different positions. Be guided!
Re: NCDC Bill: Gates Denies Offering Reps Any Incentive by hhmmcj: 11:49pm On May 18, 2020
ceejayluv:

the whole allegations are clearly bullshit. The only news site that reported the Madagascar bribe was supposedly Tanzanian. Then spread online by a Zambian site, promoted on nairaland. I challenge any conspiracy theorist to post any mainstream/legit and non-shady sounding news site of the president claiming he was offered bribe or that he's pulling out of WHO.
Here is your proof. The president said himself. As a matter of fact, Madagascar has officially walked away from the W.H.O

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"We Shall Overcome": LP's Ngozi Okolie Reacts To Sack By Tribunal / Osinbajo Arrives Osun In A Helicopter / PDP National Headquarters: Where Did The Monies Go To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.