Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix - Science/Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (85932 Views)

Africa's Oldest Known Dinosaur That Roamed Zimbabwe 230 Million Years Ago (Pics) / Meet The 'Talkative' Dinosaur That Roamed Mexico 73 Million Years Ago (Photos) / 110-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur's Last Meal Found Preserved In It's Stomach (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by RealEzee(m): 6:36pm On May 19, 2020
They have come again
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
How are you? kiss kiss kiss is the other one still in prison? smiley

I am fine, my sweetest heart.

The ban ought to have lifted.

I hope you are very fine too? Anyway, I know that you are fine because when you are fine, I am also fine.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Nairalandmonika: 7:10pm On May 19, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

That's all you learnt after reading it? You learnt referral?

Since u weren't attentive in secondary chemistry and biology when they were teacher u carbon dating and half life, u should go back an read it up and stop asking foolish questions.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Nostradamu(m): 7:12pm On May 19, 2020
Orces:

If you don't understand how they came to that conclusion, Do not be afraid to ask! Rather that saying this nonsense and making yourself look like a fool..

Please guys.. Superstition is the death of education. Please anything you don't understand ask for clarification from your betters. We are all here to learn okay angry angry

Abeg, tell them o. But I understand where they re coming from sha. When the ancients did not understand what some natural phenomenon were, they tagged them "supernatural" or "stupid". But when the age of enlightenment arrived, many of those "supernatural" events happened to be ordinary natural chemical reactions.

Same with this million-year claim by archaeologists. I had my doubts before too until my education exposed me to radioactive decay and half-life, length of time it takes for a material to reduce in size, of different elements. Some materials have half-lives ranging from a few seconds to 500K years. Now, scientists were smart enough to invent a device that measures the extent or degree of decay the material has undergone hence they can arrive at the time period since its deterioration started.

Notwithstanding, scientists also use another method which does not depend on carbon dating, rather they calculate based on a pattern. This type of measurement is usually conducted on all types of rocks majorly. It does not represent an "exact" date, but gives a rough estimate of the period or era and are referred to as either mesozoic, Jurassic, cretaceous etc.

Not an expert in this, but took a course in Big History and most of these dating methods were addressed in one of the lectures. So, when next you hear a time period that precedes human beings, one of the methods above is how it was determined.

wink

1 Like

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:37pm On May 19, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Since u weren't attentive in secondary chemistry and biology when they were teacher u carbon dating and half life, u should go back an read it up and stop asking foolish questions.

k.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by holocron: 7:50pm On May 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Oh this is the new excuse? grin God wasn't using a 24hr system but rather the milky way

...or Andromeda or any of the other galaxies.

You think God is a man like yourself living on the earth counting days using the rotation of the earth?
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by barragan: 7:52pm On May 19, 2020
Macsjebs:

lol
I will believe you don't believe if you also believe those strange looking creatures with two heads and all that described in the Bible are imaginary wink

I know in your mind you believe, you just fear it may contradict your beliefs and hence to be safe, you choose to deny you believe

Wow, my wordplay don dey make sense again o, las las my rap career never go express grin grin grin

Does belief in Dinosaurs negate belief in the Bible?
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Dambob: 7:59pm On May 19, 2020
If you really believe that you're an atheist and proud to be one drop your WhatsApp number let me educate you and how foolish and stupid the idea of atheism is infact from the word athe-ISM your foolishness will begin to unfold itself.....with simple, basic fact........ Religion may not answer your question but the WORD, WAY TRUTH and LIFE will answer all your reasons for which you think God doesn't exist.... NOTE: don't use this word in any of the chat, probably, I guess, thought, science and Scientist are still working to know, maybe or something like....I wait your response to this challenge by drop your WhatsApp contact...
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Calicoe: 8:05pm On May 19, 2020
One day, I will just pick an object and say it is a dragons tooth that lived here 200 years ago. Let anybody come and beat me

1 Like

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Philadelphia: 8:26pm On May 19, 2020
Stop showing us bones.
Either you show us the real pictures of these dinosaurs or you're talking bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by marttol: 8:59pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=tenderheart post=89725448]Really

1 Like

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:44pm On May 19, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I am fine, my sweetest heart.

The ban ought to have lifted.

I hope you are very fine too? Anyway, I know that you are fine because when you are fine, I am also fine.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good to know.I am fine.

@bold, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Then we are both fine then.Stay safe and in Addy to you kiss kiss kiss
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 19, 2020
barragan:

Does belief in Dinosaurs negate belief in the Bible?
It shouldn't, only more enlightenment about some 'men made-up stories' that found their way due to one reason or another into the Bible\
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by xamuell: 10:22pm On May 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Eyah...
So you believe they existed. grin
Do you believe they existed million years ago?
If yes, doesn't this contradict your belief in the bible? Clown. grin
which part of the bible stated the age of the earth?
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by xamuell: 10:43pm On May 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Oh this is the new excuse? grin God wasn't using a 24hr system but rather the milky way
He's right you know. God timescale is different from our perception of time
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by MERCHANDISER: 10:57pm On May 19, 2020
visatex:

Abeg rest jor. Una go dey defend something wey una no sabi do.
I believe you're seriously being ironic by ur comments but if you are serious on disputing the efficacy of carbon dating then i'm sorry to call you an 1diot
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by MERCHANDISER: 11:34pm On May 19, 2020
Corruptnation:
no mind those people. Them go just open one yeye article for Google come believe am. Google were many junks and false findings full there.

Kids are all over nairaland.
I know this miscreant can't be more than 25yrs cheesy

No be ur fault na Learned men that are trying to enlighten u i dey blame.I know you are enjoying the attention grin
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by MERCHANDISER: 11:45pm On May 19, 2020
sharpwriter:

The way some of you talk sef...

If electric eels (fish) had already gone into extinction already and you're told that there was a fish like that, would you have believed?

If sword fish had gone into extinction and you are told it existed would you believe?

If Pelican had been extinct and they told you it had a sack in its throat to store food, would you have believed?

Thank God Parrots still existed, if it had gone extinct and they told you there was a bird that talks like human, able to mimic a human voice, you would have called it Greek Mythology.

If they had described the Kangaroo as an animal that has a stomach bag or sac and it had already gone extinct, you wouldn't have believed they existed

What about the laughing cry of an hyena.

Thank God that one of the old world birds is still around, that is the OSTRICH.... At maturity they have height from 6ft to 9ft, which if a man has today, he will be considered he's perhaps a descendant of the giants.

Is the height of an ostrich with a speed of 70km per hour not a wonder enough? Eh?

Or the Ostrich and the height neck of the GIRAFFE looks normal to you? .... But they still exist.

You can say the dinosaur never existed because you never saw them, and it shows that your thoughts aren't even superior because of the things you see today.

If you had never seen any of the animals I listed above and they were described to you, it would have been unbelievable but your lack of belief doesn't make their existence deniable.

These are wonders of the world and creation. When you are told something, make research, and meditate because what you see today is a voice for what had been in the past.

Thank you.

Bros you get time to enlighten those Kids that are claiming PhD holders cheesy.
While they are using 10k china android phone and 10mb from mtn forming posh on nairaland.Most of them are living a very miserable lives,i have seen a lot of them grin
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by MERCHANDISER: 11:49pm On May 19, 2020
destinable:

Lol. Your ignorance is seething. Your reason for doubting the existence of geological events is because you believe the bible. To you they cannot be mutually exclusive.

You call study of fossils fraud? Like I said initially, I only blame Nigeria educational system. The largest naturally preserved fossil, sue, is in museum. I know you've never been to a museum in your life. I even doubt you know the meaning of a fossil. Once again I blame the Nigerian educational system.

Seeing as I'd be depleting my brain cells trying to explain to you in a way I wouldn't even explain to a kindergarten before they understand, I I'll leave you to your ignorance guised in a self-conceited disposition.

That guy is a kid forming PhD holder and you lots believed him grin

Trust me,he hasn't come of age to engage in this nature of discussion.He is a miscreant/riffraff who still feeds from his parents cheesy

please ignore him
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by witworth(m): 11:55pm On May 19, 2020
longetivity:
dinosaurs are not real so i don't believe this
how can you believe it, when it's not meant for people like you to believe it, the more civilized people than we are will believe it.

1 Like

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by firfinch(m): 11:55pm On May 19, 2020
longetivity:
dinosaurs are not real so i don't believe this
That's why we have archaeologists to bring out fact and physical evidence and cast out doubts.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by witworth(m): 11:57pm On May 19, 2020
Macsjebs:

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8331841/Rare-fossil-dinosaur-Australia-scientists-believe-roamed-Antarctic-Circle.html
the same people that brought the holy Bible stories also brings this to reality.
But the holy Bible will never go into extinction
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by MERCHANDISER: 11:57pm On May 19, 2020
destinable:

You say you're a geologist, now let's put this in perspective. Just cos you're a geologist doesn't mean you are smart. I mean the dullest geologist in my graduate set made it out of the country on a scholarship. Would I be surprised if his likes come here to spew what you're spewing now? Not exactly.

How many research have you done? The independent research I made for my dissertations, were they a bid to get funds too? You likes sit in desolation discrediting years of research because CONSPIRACIES are your bread and jam. Like the other guy said, your schools need to refund all the fees paid towards your education.

Don't believe everything you hear on nairaland.That guy is still a kid probably an undergraduate or Jambite.I have met his like from nairaland.I was so disappointed by his level of reasoning Although i didn't let him.
But i won't never see him again,i hate ignorant people trying to form smartness grin
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by longetivity(m): 12:01am On May 20, 2020
witworth:
how can you believe it, when it's not meant for people like you to believe it, the more civilized people than we are will believe it.
okay oo
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by EzeNdiAra: 12:06am On May 20, 2020
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Corruptnation: 1:58am On May 20, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Kids are all over nairaland.
I know this miscreant can't be more than 25yrs cheesy

No be ur fault na Learned men that are trying to enlighten u i dey blame.I know you are enjoying the attention grin
grin sir! Actually I'm 12yrs
Just finished my jss1 going to jss2 grin

Ode grin
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by destinable(m): 5:31am On May 20, 2020
MERCHANDISER:

Don't believe everything you hear on nairaland.That guy is still a kid probably an undergraduate or Jambite.I have met his like from nairaland.I was so disappointed by his level of reasoning Although i didn't let him.
But i won't never see him again,i hate ignorant people trying to form smartness grin
I swear! The things we see on the internet these days! I don't have a problem if their cognition is way below comprehension of simple geology but putting down researchers who have dedicated their lives to unravelling the past due to your insecurities is one that will never sit well with me. I try most times not to engage with their likes cos I know it'll be unfulfilling.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by KingAzubuike(f): 5:53am On May 20, 2020
xamuell:
He's right you know. God timescale is different from our perception of time
So give me an evidence of this in the creation? You people just imagine all sorts in your heads.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Bobbywhite(m): 7:59am On May 20, 2020
Sometimes we choose to be naive for no reason.

Carbon dating is a sure way to estimate the age of bones/fossils.
It has been tested and found reliable to a large degree.
Those pictures are just postulates on how the dinosaurs looked like using their fossil design.

And please only organic parts of bone decay, the inorganic part remains.
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Kcgeology: 8:01am On May 20, 2020
My dear whether u believ or not, d facts are there in form of fossilizd hard body parts. The complete pics as well as their ecology was modelled frm existing data and comparision wt d morphology of living forms. As for d age, radioactive dating wt long live isotopes was utilizd. Carbon dating can only be useful wt archeological finds wt age range of <13000 yrs. The earth is damn old bro., about 4billion yrs frm geological studies
Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by Usanga35: 8:17am On May 20, 2020
jchioma:
Dem don come again! They can see what happened millions of years ago, but could not see the coronavirus that came out only last year. How about seeing and reconstructing the future for a change?
Hahahahahaha.
True talk

1 Like

Re: Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:51am On May 20, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Good to know.I am fine.
@bold, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Then we are both fine then.Stay safe and in Addy to you kiss kiss kiss
Yes, my love cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Snake Dies In Sagamu After Swallowing Pregnant Goat(pics). / Rain Of Worms Falls Down The Sky In China, Residents Panic (Photos) / Whale Killed And Butchered In Brass, Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.