Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,068 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

My Experience In Yaba And Lagos Island - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Yaba And Lagos Island (2650 Views)

What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) / Best Between Yaba And Ikeja As Residence? / See The Aerial Views Of Yaba And Its Environs - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: My Experience In Yaba And Lagos Island by Thathustler(f): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Chrisbella24:
So yesterday, my client asked me to source some wears from the popular Yaba and Idumota Market.

I got to the bus stop by 8:30 am and waited for over 1hr because there was no bus. I couldn't wait any longer so I had to trek to yaba Market.

I got to Yaba Phase 1 and I was like What!?
I wasn't really expecting a few people on the road but the crowd I saw ehn? Wait! I was expecting a little bit of social distancing but where is it?
I'm sorry but I didn't find any Social distancing.

Zero facemasks!
I only saw Jaw mask Lol!
Looked like everyone was protecting their Jaw.

People hugging and shaking hands everywhere. Close contact while talking to each other with the mask under their Jaw.

Got to the Main Yaba market and it was Times 2 of the normal market crowd. People dragging wears, hustlers dragging you to buy from them.

Again, Zero social distancing!

I couldn't do much there because the crowd was excess. Where people sef see money dey buy Cloth?

I went back to Phase 1 again and the crowd waiting for a bus was terrifying.
I'm sure you thought BRT are carrying 1person per seat?
Snap out of it! 2per seat plus small standing.

God knows I Laughed so hard when I saw this. Corona will be laughing at Us so hard too..
People were rushing the available BRT and Danfo and Heaven knows I was trying in my own way to observe Social distance so No, I didn't rush any BRT.

Guess the price from Yaba to Idumota? 200 naira with two per sit. On a normal day, it is 50naira.

YABA In pictures...

I'll share Lagos Island soon.

Hey sis. I just mailed you and I would appreciate a response. It’s for business.
Re: My Experience In Yaba And Lagos Island by Chrisbella24(f): 6:00pm On Jun 29, 2020
Thathustler:

Hey sis. I just mailed you and I would appreciate a response. It’s for business.

Replied!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria / London To Lagos Flight Delayed For Hours When Deportee Does The Unthinkable / Flights From Jos To Port-harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.