Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR (39394 Views)

How Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Fraudulently Collected N32.5m As Travel Allowance - SR / Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, In EFCC Office Over Misappropriation Of Funds / Mc Oluomo, Lagos Speaker And Tinibu Tawaf In Mecca-photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 10:35am On May 19, 2020
Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley BY SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORKMAY 19, 2020

In another grand corruption, abuse of office and misuse of public funds, SaharaReporters has uncovered how Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly, Mudashiru Obasa, made the parliament approve N34.7m for the organisation of media and civil society organisations parley.

Sources within the Lagos Assembly, who spoke with SaharaReporters, revealed that Obasa gave the responsibility of putting together the parley to his “protocol and foreign relationship madam”.

The sources said that lawmakers and officials not only termed the act as an abuse of office by the Speaker but also demeaning of the House Committee on Media saddled with the responsibility of organising such an event.

In the letter directed to the Clerk of the House and obtained by SaharaReporters, the media and CSO parley allowed the Assembly to inform the media and the CSOs about its activities particularly focusing on the House achievements.

“The reason for this is that the media and the CSOs serve as the communication link between the government and the people. They are the ones to inform the public about the activities of the government. The event also allows the media and the CSOs to ask questions on government policies. It has, therefore, become an annual barometer for measuring the performance of the House.

“To this end as customary in the House, may I call your attention to the need to make preparations for the provision of newspaper adverts, banners, a programme of event, entertainments, decorations and honorarium for the media and CSOs.

“Given the above, you may wish to obtain the approval of the Rt. Hon. Speaker, the release of the sum of N34,700,000 only being the amount to be expended on the listed items,” the letter reads.

The sources said the breakdown, which was attached to the budget, was not only ridiculous but also mind-boggling and shameful.

“Contrary to what used to be the responsibility of the House Committee on Media under previous Speakers, Obasa assigned the task to his protocol and foreign relationship madam, not even the CPS. He assigned her to organise the parley at the colossal N34m for a meeting with less than 60 media houses and CSOs.

“The ridiculous breakdown of payment and cost allocations are mind-boggling and shameful,” the source said.

SaharaReporters had, in a series of reports, exposed how Obasa and some of his allies at the Lagos Assembly diverted public funds for personal use.

The latest revealed how the speaker, Deputy Speaker, Wasiu Eshilokun-Sanni, and 17 other members received N80m as estacode for a five-day event.

Some of the reports showed how Obasa fraudulently approved the sum of N258m for the printing of invitation cards for the inauguration of the Ninth Assembly two months after the event held.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/19/lagos-assembly-speaker-obasa-gives-mistress-n34m-organise-media-cso-parley

6 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by majamajic(m): 10:36am On May 19, 2020
Approved 258millon for printing of invitation cards , 2 months after the event grin grin grin

And when the actual printer see this post

203 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 10:36am On May 19, 2020
lalasticlala forget about snake topics
move this thing to fp

Obasa should be arrested immediately. investigated and consequently prosecuted for gross misconduct in office, economic crime, fraud and extortion of state resources.

The speaker is not above the law.

87 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by oluwadabira111(m): 10:38am On May 19, 2020
Chai Na only this man.Obasa this Obasa that he should be investigate ASAP. nobody is above the law according to 1999 constitution!

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by gambia(m): 10:39am On May 19, 2020
Corruption has come to stay in this country till thy kingdom come.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Macphenson: 10:41am On May 19, 2020
With the recent unfolding of things, I can categorically state that somebody is seriously on Obasa's matter.

Is it from bourdillon or is it an external force trying to gain control of Lagos State House of Assembly by removing Obasa.

Time will tell.

This is the same man that shared #100 loaves of bread to his constituents, yet he will use millions to slap his mistress on the buttocks.

So much for a leader.

Nigerians, whether from the North, East, West or South, no matter your ethinic, tribal or religious affiliation, these politicians don't care about you.

They are all selfish greedy bastards creating divisions among the people they rape their common patrimony.

They are all heartless, mean and selfish.

The earlier we unite and fight our common enemy which are the politicians the better for us all.

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by chatinent: 10:48am On May 19, 2020
What do we call this move?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by seunmsg(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2020
I see things like this everytime I’m auditing the records of federal MDAs. It is just so shameful and embarrassing.

Going forward, we really need to redefine the approval process of public funds. The current system gives accounting officers and political heads of MDAs absolute powers to expend public funds without any serious mechanism put in place for accountability.

You can’t give someone power to approve public funds without restrain and think he’s going to be responsible with such powers. We need more stringent checks and balances in place to curb corrupt and frivolous expenditure like this.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Racoon(m): 10:55am On May 19, 2020
shocked Mudashiru Obasa have finished Lagos.Just imagine all these exposures in recent times about this man but no word/action from the relevant agencies, Lagos state HOA or Government? Are they in support or why the scrupulous silence? Imagine if it were the ordinary Nigerian.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Racoon(m): 10:58am On May 19, 2020
seunmsg:
I see things like this everytime I’m auditing the records of federal MDAs. It is just so shameful and embarrassing.

Going forward, we really need to redefine the approval process of public funds. The current system gives accounting officers and political heads of MDAs absolute powers to expend public funds without any serious mechanism put in place for accountability.

You can’t give someone power to approve public funds without restrain and think he’s going to be responsible with such powers. We need more stringent checks and balances in place to curb corrupt and frivolous expenditure like this.
In addition, have you done the whistle blowing job or you're afraid of the whistle blower policy & corruption ongoing under this government? Buzz the EFCC, ICPC man.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by seunmsg(m): 11:09am On May 19, 2020
Racoon:
In addition, have you done the whistle blowing job or you're afraid of the whistle blower policy & corruption ongoing under this government? Buzz the EFCC, ICPC man.

An auditor is not a whistle blower. At my level, I can only record my findings and make recommendations to my supervisor and the public accounts committee of the National Assembly (if it will go that far).

My office doesn’t report to the EFCC or ICPC. We can collaborate if need be but we don’t share audit report with them except a special request is made.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by FREEMADNESS: 12:02pm On May 19, 2020
NA BEFORE I DEY BELIEVE THIS SAHARA REPORTERS.
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Hoephase: 12:02pm On May 19, 2020
Look at his ugly face.

With that face of his he can only get a woman by doling out public funds.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Monaco2(m): 12:03pm On May 19, 2020
Inside life, it’s funny how I’m still surprised wheneva I read news of how our politicians steal public funds.... it’s like there is no politician in Nigeria that is satisfied with their salaries n allowances... it’s a shame n this too will b swept under the carpet n a week from now it will b forgotten

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by toluleke(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2020
80% of our politicians ain't disciplined at all. That why i keep saying for Nigeria to move forward we need atleast 60% which is very hard in an environment like this

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Datagric(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2020
Sahara reporter doing great work, over to efcc to do their investigations

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by xdunamis(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2020
“protocol and foreign relationship madam”

Is this an official position?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by iCauseTrouble: 12:04pm On May 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by IMO01: 12:04pm On May 19, 2020
Kai

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by olazy6(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2020
Torh!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by 0taPiaPia(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2020
If I understand what I just read.
1: this is just a kinda get together grin
2: this amount is to be blown away just to inform the public of their activities abi achievement ( we all know in actual sense there is no achievement lipsrsealed ).

And you guys say there is hope for this country.. I strongly believe otherwise cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by davodyguy: 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
I said it earlier.

I dare Obasa to sue Sahara reporters for defamation of character, if he would not end up in Jail.

Those documents are very real, some with his signatures.

Have you wondered why the immediate past speaker in person of Ikufoji is still facing corruption charges in court?

This should tell you that Speakers of Lagos House abuse their office.

Lagos State is the richest State in Nigeria and once you can get to position, some think it is an avenue to make money

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Trailblazer1(m): 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
Obasa the bread seller grin

Zombies, see your life undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by bigdammyj: 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
Obasa
Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
He's Tinubu's right hand man and one of those who frustrated Ambode as Governor.

I doubt anything will happen cos EFCC is in APC's pocket. Nigerian politics is like a circus show... grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Speaker, Obasa, Gives Mistress N34m To Organise Media, CSO Parley - SR by gorimapah: 12:05pm On May 19, 2020
Na today...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: President Buhari Arrives Germany / Bayo Fulani's Daughter Kidnapped In Osun State / Abbas Umar Masanawa Joins Katsina Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.