Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (62231 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by MuchAdo: 10:41pm On May 23, 2020
Xuxu208:

I'm surprised to read this; where do you stay please?

Do you want to relocate grin

Don't be surprised bro. Not everybody is suffering in Nigeria.

When I had my second child, I spent next to nothing all the way from conception to delivery to immunization. cool

And I can assure you that my wife and child got qualitative topnotch healthcare. All in this Nigeria! cool

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 12:58am On May 24, 2020
MuchAdo:

When I had my second child, I spent next to nothing all the way from conception to delivery to immunization. cool

And I can assure you that my wife and child got qualitative topnotch healthcare. All in this Nigeria! cool

.....but you haven't answered the question? Where do you stay? you don't have to answer but no need beating around the bush with fantasy statements
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 1:06am On May 24, 2020
Snaagg:
Nigerians abroad, how many of you are considering relocating back to the 'motherland' once this whole pandemic/lockdown debacle is over?

If you are, state your reasons here..

Move back to do what? to live in insanity?Why would anyone living legally in a sane country want to relocate to Nigeria?

Not everyone who has left Nigeria, left for financial reasons. Some are/were quite comfortable in Nigeria. There is just this peace of mind you get living in a country where the Government cares about EVERY SINGLE LIFE in the country. A country where they do not ask you for "deposit before treatment" when you visit the hospital.

This pandemic has reset many people's brain back to factory settings. Billions of Naira was supposed to be shared amongst the Citizens to sustain them throughout this period. How many people received that money? where is the record? didn't "fire" gut the office where they claimed "proof of distribution funds" were being kept? You are asking who is considering relocating...ARE WE A JOKE TO YOU?

Everything is wrong with Nigeria, I swear. Every damn thing.

6 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ksstroud: 1:43am On May 24, 2020
dasparrow:

Move back to Nigeria when I know I am not insane? Actually, I did move back to Nigeria from the States during Goodluck Jonathan's era but it became clear to me that I just can't live in Nigeria again so couple years back, I left Nigeria again.

Culturally, I just don't fit into the Nigerian society. My mindset and ideologies are quite different from your typical Nigerian mindset and ideology.

I don't miss the mosquitoes, malaria, typhoid, dust, heat, overpopulation, haggling prices when one wants to purchase something, tribalism, bigotry, lack of constant power supply and water supply, rising cost of living but low wages, employers in the habit of owing employees salary for months, insecurity, Nigerians not knowing how to respect personal boundaries and/or mind their business. Nigeria is just not conducive for me.

My Oga, there's no normal human being that will say this country is conducive for him or her. Aside those reaping from the corrupt system, gulping the treasury in their purses.
Who likes hell??

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Skyclub14: 2:40am On May 24, 2020
You dont sound intelligent at all ... who will fix what you are asking for if all you do is run away to other peoples country and maybe get deported one day back to the place you ran away from? Everyone knows life is hard in Nigeria but how will running away fix Nigeria?For your information not all the ethnic groups in Nigeria wants to live out side Nigeria But Yoruba and Igbos keep running away from Nigeria and living their country for illiterate fulanis to control
zomby:

What are you smoking?
1. Do you have any jobs in Nigeria for these folks?
2. Have you fixed your power supply issues?
3. What about security?
4. Education for their children?
5. Medical system?
6. Air pollution?
7. Infrastructure?
8. What about the useless retardedd leaders and the backward system?

Should I continue?

I see absolutely nothing exciting to entice these folks to return back to Nigeria.
Nigeria is a very big unorganized zoo with a dead end.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by servercodes001: 10:37am On May 24, 2020
JewelStone:

If I win a lottery today and money is no longer an issue, I will still live in Australia. I will travel around the world and maybe spend some time in Nigeria as well cos then I will be able to afford 24 hours security and bullet proof cars.

I will never relocated to Nigeria, my husband will never allow me and my children will never forgive me if I do.

Very well thanks for the response
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by MuchAdo: 10:47am On May 24, 2020
JennyKadry2:

.....but you haven't answered the question? Where do you stay? you don't have to answer but no need beating around the bush with fantasy statements

Hahahahahahaha

They are no fantasy statements. In fact, let me add, when I had my second child, I wasn't under any HMO or health insurance. And I didn't have any connection whatsoever... tongue

Yet my wife and child got all the top notch healthcare almost for free!... grin

You see, in this country, you just have access to information. A lot of freebies abound in this country but many are just not aware of them and how to even access them.

I don't want to disclose my location because of my controversial status here... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Samuelsegs: 2:34pm On May 24, 2020
MuchAdo:

yet 80% are Suffering
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Samuelsegs: 2:48pm On May 24, 2020
Abroad isn't easy, Folks pay tax at least maybe 20% is being deducted from their salary, House rent is High... mehhh RUBBISH.... Nigerians don't care...why is it a must one must be Rich be Rich to live large in Nigeria.. many claims to be living large but scared of arm robbers, kidnapper etc... some recommended Abuja as a place meant for the Rich folks forgetting The remaining.. We deserve a Sane government, but we didn't get this what do you expect, not everyone value Living large with a lot of money without being safe... if the government refuse to give us the SANITY we deserve then, why shouldn't we leave... why is it so hard to understand... Majority of Nigerians abroad refuse to return, they might be POOR but still able to pay their bills, buy stuffs from Mac's Donalds,and other big stores, get better internet,24/7 light, yet they are poor we know... why is it so hard to accept.. majority are Willing to leave Nigeria... yet the RICH or folks who've stay in a SANE country for about 20years keeps saying shit to Nigerians trying to persuade them not to leave this so called NIGERIA, yet they made their MONEY abroad... I think it's the best to leave this country but mind you try to acquire a better skill, so life wouldn't be tough for you..

We're NIGERIANS in Nigeria we regret being given birth to in Nigeria... if we can survive as a Broke Ass in Nigeria then why can we not Survive abroad... if you have the Chance to leave please do not hesitate.. even if you're Rich In Nigeria always remember your village people who wouldn't want you alive, if you help too much they hate you for being too helpful cuz they classified it as PRIDE and the other way around is classified as WICKEDNESS..always remember the Arm robbers, kidnappers and other weirdos... Some claims to be rich but being restricted to freedom of movement...if you're RICH you can't enjoy your life 100% in Nigeria..They visit Herbalist time to time to be protected.. Nothing beats SANITY... it's has to be a general thing not only for the RICH..

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by AfricanWahala(m): 3:08pm On May 24, 2020
Snaagg:
Nigerians abroad, how many of you are considering relocating back to the 'motherland' once this whole pandemic/lockdown debacle is over?

If you are, state your reasons here..

This is a great question. After this lockdown is over, I will not be relocating back to Nigeria immediately because the country is still very messed up in general but I know that I am obligated to relocate at some point in the future because Africans worldwide will continue to remain disrespected until we fix our continent.

Now many Africans are disillusioned by thinking that if they acquire wealth or political power, they are immune to our global disrespect but you can ask rich and powerful people of African descent like Oprah Winfrey, Buhari, Obama and Dangote if they've experiences of being sidelined when discussing on tables with other non-African rich and powerful people.

Africans gets disrespected because our land hasn't thrived to anywhere near its capacity. In Nigeria for example, we almost worship anyone that has a pale skin tone; see the red carpet treatment we give to Chinese, Lebanese, Indians and Europeans when they come around even our politicians and leaders are mostly subservient around these people and always asking for handouts for us.

We can't be respected if we keep along this trajectory but at the end of the day, the only way we can start getting some respect is if we can truly unify and build and repair out continent by ourselves (Africans)

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Mancala: 3:43pm On May 24, 2020
MuchAdo:

Hahahahahahaha

They are no fantasy statements. In fact, let me add, when I had my second child, I wasn't under any HMO or health insurance. And I didn't have any connection whatsoever... tongue

You see, in this country, you just have access to information. A lot of freebies abound in this country but many are just not aware of them and how to even access them.

I don't want to disclose my location because of my controversial status here... embarassed

You may have gotten those services for free (free to you), but I guarantee you that someone else was paying. The paying party was most likely the 200 million people of Nigeria who are paying the opportunity cost of providing free healthcare to a few elite. My point is that there is no free lunch. You are one out of 200 million. If it is really free, why isn't it opened up to benefit everyone? Healthcare in most of the civilized world is a right, not a secret benefit to be accessed by the privileged few.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by MuchAdo: 6:33pm On May 24, 2020
Mancala:

You may have gotten those services for free (free to you), but I guarantee you that someone else was paying. The paying party was most likely the 200 million people of Nigeria who are paying the opportunity cost of providing free healthcare to a few elite. My point is that there is no free lunch. You are one out of 200 million. If it is really free, why isn't it opened up to benefit everyone? Healthcare in most of the civilized world is a right, not a secret benefit to be accessed by the privileged few.

No that isn't the case @bolded.

In fact, most of the beneficiaries are non-elites. If the elites were aware of such freebies, they would have grabbed them with open hands... cool
Who no like better thing I myself found out one way or the other and just decided to take advantage. Some other person would have snubbed... embarassed
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by MuchAdo: 6:37pm On May 24, 2020
Samuelsegs:

yet 80% are Suffering

How did you arrive at that figure

Remember, 'poor' people severally trampled on and threw away the palliatives they were given during the total lockdown. They found it too paltry and demeaning... kiss
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by PrincessJr(f): 7:47pm On May 24, 2020
JewelStone:
I'm not gonna lie...I miss Nigeria sometimes which makes me flirt with the idea of splitting my time there when my kids are older. I miss my family, my friends and the sense of community.

But then I remember lack of internet and electricity, horrific healthcare system, bad roads, bigotry, lack of value for human life, insecurity, police brutality, immense corruption, tribalism, crumbling or non-existent economy and a million other horrible things. This quickly resets my mind.

My solution which I'm currently working on is to bring my sisters and my best friend over to live in Sydney with me and make good living for themselves. Then I won't have any business with Nigeria anymore except to visit my parents every two years.

So to answer your question: no, nein, never!!!
Awww this is so sweet
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 11:48pm On May 24, 2020
Mancala:

Thank you.

MuchAdo:

No that isn't the case @bolded.

In fact, most of the beneficiaries are non-elites. If the elites were aware of such freebies, they would have grabbed them with open hands... cool
Who no like better thing I myself found out one way or the other and just decided to take advantage. Some other person would have snubbed... :-

Please see the bolded and if the sense in that statement flies pass your head, then I don't know what else to say
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 11:49pm On May 24, 2020
MuchAdo:

Hahahahahahaha

...and why is that?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 11:59pm On May 24, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I weeped as I read your post.

Dunces here don't realize how good Nigeria really is.

You're the leader of the "Dunces" for living in America for over 30 years.

Now you're here as usual giving out your selfish and subjective opinions and contradicting people believing that Nigeria remains a shithole no matter how in denial you want to paint it. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 12:04am On May 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

And foreigners too. Lots of foreigners in brown roofs Ibadan raking in the millions in dollars.

Liar as Usual.

What is Nigeria producing aside from Crude Oil corruption are foreigner living in brown roofs in Ibadan that will be making them earn million in dollars

Keep on deceiving the brainwashed and gullible Nigerians as they are already in millions living in the shithole called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 12:07am On May 25, 2020
Wait a minute. So the declarer of "dunces" on this thread lived in the states for 3 decades?

Lawd I miss Nairaland and its hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 12:14am On May 25, 2020
pippimp:

There is a difference between an "electric train" and an "eletrik train". What Nigeria has is the latter. wink

Shior!...What constant and reliable electricity does Zoo-Nigeria have to be able to maintain or run electric trains

Nigerians and lies is like 5 & 6. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 12:19am On May 25, 2020
JennyKadry2:
Wait a minute. So the declarer of "dunces" on this thread lived in the states for 3 decades?

Lawd I miss Nairaland and its hypocrites

Yes oh, EgunMogaji2 is a Very Big Hypocrite with Lies to make himself feel better.

Whoever falls for his selfish lies will have him/herself to blame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 12:22am On May 25, 2020
pacificom:
There is nowhere like home. Nigeria offers you favourable climate, delicious foods, fantastic entertainment, and civil liberty. It is ignorant that make my people to devote their loyalty to foreign countries where they are regarded as second class citizens over their own fatherland.

See another Big Liar.

What "civil liberty" does Nigeria give its common Citizens. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 12:50am On May 25, 2020
drlateef:
I am moving back after retirement. Life is horrendous for pensioners who would have to live lonely lives in care homes with no family around.

Correct Idea.

This is the only benefit that Nigeria has is to cater to the retirees from living lonely. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 1:07am On May 25, 2020
77up:
A country that many are still living large and never even thinking of leaving but only to just go on vacation and reture to their businesses is what he or she is referring to as hellfire. Well am not surprise, he might be living in hellfire personally.

Liar!

Most of those so-called living large Nigerians go abroad not only for vacation but for medical needs and education.

Things they know that the shithole Nigeria cannot offer them.

What Nigeria offers them is free Corruption with taxes, accountability and transparency.

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 1:08am On May 25, 2020
The same Nigerian celebrities telling us all to come home that Nigeria is sweet all run out to have their Children in the US. Who no like better thing? undecided
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by pippimp(m): 1:47am On May 25, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Shior!...What constant and reliable electricity does Zoo-Nigeria have to be able to maintain or run electric trains

Nigerians and lies is like 5 & 6. cheesy

Lol. . . . .
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 2:09am On May 25, 2020
1. When I watched that sex for grades series I wept. I could not imagine what millions of students in Nigeria are going through. I did my undergraduate course in a first world country so I could not relate. I live in a country where your lecturers "cannot fitn't" force you to sleep with them for grades. We call them by their first names (first cultural shock I experienced), no aunty, uncle, brother, Mr, Mrs.

2. I hear in some hospitals, people are left to die because they do not have money to deposit before care.

3. Constant electricity is only for the rich. Every time I visit Nigeria (which is every year), the money you spend on diesel/fuel to run generator which causes unnecessary pollution is no joke

4. Someone here said he had access to some "secret"healthcare freebies. This person cannot see that the fact that this isn't open to all is one of the reasons why our healthcare system would never grow. In a sane and civilized country, your right and access to health care benefits is not a secret for people to only discuss with people they know.

Corruption and the in-efficacies of our government/laws/legislation/rules .... has affected our brain to the point that it is unable to distinguish what is right from wrong. Many are screwed

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 2:16am On May 25, 2020
JennyKadry2:
The same Nigerian celebrities telling us all to come home that Nigeria is sweet all run out to have their Children in the US. Who no like better thing? undecided
Are you the original jennykadry? If so, it’s so nice to see you around dear (not sure if you remember me lol) kiss
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 2:23am On May 25, 2020
ibkayee:

Are you the original jennykadry? If so, it’s so nice to see you around dear (not sure if you remember me lol) kiss

The one and only. Ibikaye....How could I forget my Ibikaye kiss kiss kiss ....still in the UK?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 2:27am On May 25, 2020
JennyKadry2:

The one and only. Ibikaye....How could I forget my Ibikaye kiss kiss kiss ....still in the UK?
Ah so it’s you grin

Nice to see you! It’s been so long, hope you’re well and keeping safe kiss kiss

Yup I’m still in the UK smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Keke NAPEP In Benin City Pictured / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari / Election: Aerial View Of 3rd Mainland Bridge Without Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.