Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown (62213 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 6:13pm On May 25, 2020
Coolabbie:
If you are back, welcome home. And may whatever God you serve make your exploits in your homeland successful.

Modified
Reading through your posts made me cry.
Nigeria has also been good to me but coming here on nairaland to see people cast aspersions on her has been very discouraging.
Thank you for what you do.

Thank you Sir.

The asshats assume that I'm trying to convince them not to travel out. Why should I do that?

I just don't like people that talks bad about the country. It's my self assigned task to assist/encourage anyone that has decided to come back home. If it's their choice.

Yes, there's epileptic power, there's no portable water, blah blah blah. But it's under this same condition that the Zartechs https://www.zartechltd.com and their types are making money.

We can't stop them from casting aspersions and God knows that some of our leaders are at fault, but I will always defend the country that has been good to me. It's from inside a black pot that a white pap came out.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Mancala: 6:36pm On May 25, 2020
[quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=89952939]

Thank you Sir.

The asshats assume that I'm trying to convince them not to travel out. Why should I do that?

I just don't like people that talks bad about the country. It's my self assigned task to assist/encourage anyone that has decided to come back home. If it's their choice.

Yes, there's epileptic power, there's no portable water, blah blah blah. But it's under this same condition that the Zartechs https://www.zartechltd.com and their types are making money.

Zartech......All is not what it seems looking from the outside! I am privy to a lot of information about the Zard family having grown up and done business with them. Let's just say they've had many advantages that the average Nigerian doesn't have and mastered the "unique" Nigerian way of doing business!
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by AfricanWahala(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2020
jojoseph:

God bless you. Same here. I came here in January on business and got stuck. I relocated back to Nigeria in 2010 after about 35years in U.S. I tried to explain to these young generation that nobody is going to respect the black people until they develop their continent.

Running away from the country is not going to solve any problems they are just going to U.S. or Canada to enslave themselves for food and shelter. That's is it.

Sometimes i just feel that most black people prefer slavery than freedom. I just can't understand how some people will sell their properties and move abroad.

God bless you and keep safe.Thanks

Thank you for your insight sir.

To be honest, I was one of the most critical individuals on Nigeria from a young age Soni had to leave and live abroad and witness the lifestyle for myself.

To be honest, life in Canada has been much better than it is in Nigeria and I've been here for 8 years but the more I grow, I realise that we Africans cannot continue to escape from our problems. The scariest part is realising that the educated ones among us are the one that make their way to Western countries and develop these countries at the expense of sever brain drain input country.

Our leaders definitely don't care about the future of Nigeria because if they did, they should have started mitigating this mass exodus/brain drain situation currently going on because it's a recipee for disaster in the future for example: NMA has about 77,000 registered doctors and dentists out of which 40,000 practices abroad. This leaves a population of 200 million people to depend on 37, 000 doctors. It is not sustainable.

At the end of the day, we have a massive problem and the solution is to unite as Africans regardless our tribes and religions and we need to build Africa by ourselves...not the Chinese, not the Europeans or Americans. We Africans have to do something otherwise we are going to remain at the bottom of the food chain FOREVER

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Mancala: 7:28pm On May 25, 2020
AfricanWahala:

Thank you for your insight sir.

To be honest, I was one of the most critical individuals on Nigeria from a young age Soni had to leave and live abroad and witness the lifestyle for myself.

To be honest, life in Canada has been much better than it is in Nigeria and I've been here for 8 years but the more I grow, I realise that we Africans cannot continue to escape from our problems. The scariest part is realising that the educated ones among us are the one that make their way to Western countries and develop these countries at the expense of sever brain drain input country.

Our leaders definitely don't care about the future of Nigeria because if they did, they should have started mitigating this mass exodus/brain drain situation currently going on because it's a recipee for disaster in the future for example: NMA has about 77,000 registered doctors and dentists out of which 40,000 practices abroad. This leaves a population of 200 million people to depend on 37, 000 doctors. It is not sustainable.

At the end of the day, we have a massive problem and the solution is to unite as Africans regardless our tribes and religions and we need to build Africa by ourselves...not the Chinese, not the Europeans or Americans. We Africans have to do something otherwise we are going to remain at the bottom of the food chain FOREVER

Sir, do not make the mistake of lumping all of Africa in the same bucket as Nigeria. Many African countries are progressing while Nigeria is regressing or standing still at best in the indices that enable long term sustainable development. Our close neighbor Ghana is making significant progress. Today, it is the #1 choice in West Africa for large multinational manufacturing companies that want to do business in an ethical fashion, consistent with the way they are used to operating in their home countries. Isn't it ironic that the West African market is essentially Nigeria, but they prefer to produce outside of it and only do arms length trade within its confines?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 7:38pm On May 25, 2020
[quote author=Mancala post=89953636][/quote]

One person or the other in Nigeria has had a legup or two over the years. Some major, some minor.

What about Obasanjo Farms, Glo, AirTel, MTN? wink
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Mancala: 9:12pm On May 25, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

One person or the other in Nigeria has had a legup or two over the years. Some major, some minor.

What about Obasanjo Farms, Glo, AirTel, MTN? wink

I know nothing about those firms, but what I do know is that knowing what I know today, my friends would be in jail if they did what they did in another country.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 10:31pm On May 25, 2020
Mancala:

I know nothing about those firms, but what I do know is that knowing what I know today, my friends would be in jail if they did what they did in another country.

Got it
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 11:27pm On May 25, 2020
CeterisXVII:

You can get decent affordable healthcare in many cities in Nigeria as long as you have a valid healthcare plan, under an HMO. Please check.....

How much does this plan cost? is it something the lower class people can afford?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 11:33pm On May 25, 2020
MuchAdo:

Because majority are close-minded like you. They don't believe anything good can come out of this country... embarassed

You sir, are a HUGEEEEE PART OF THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA. Selfishness and not wanting others to benefit. You claim to have access to "free quality health care" in Nigeria but in the last few pages of this thread and many more to go, you are yet to disclose or share info with people who are unaware of this "freebie" you keep talking about. There is a special place for people like you on judgement day

You still haven't answered my question. Why is this freebie a secret? Why is there only a few people who know about this? why hasn't the minister of health/governors of each state/or President BUBU himself announced this to the nation's populace?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 11:39pm On May 25, 2020
MuchAdo:

Whatever, the Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge"... angry

Too bad! To everyone his own!! angry

If illiterates and semi-literates can access these services, what excuse does a typical middleclass/upper middleclass person have

Who are these semi literates and illiterates you keep talking about? if anything, it's those who are educated and well connected that would have access to these freebies from "man know man". Are we talking about the same Nigeria? have you been to LUTH? or any public hospital in the East?

Have you been to the streets of lagos and seen those genuine beggars on the streets with impairment? why are those people not aware of this freebies you keep talking about? I visited my father in LUTH years back and discovered that there is a place for the rich and the poor in that same hospital. The poor were left unattended because they did not have the money to pay for care, yet you claim "illiterates and semi-literates" know about this fantasy freebie of yours.

Enough of the stories(that touches the heart) of how your wife enjoyed the same care as Boris Johnson when he was hospitalized for COVID19. Educate us on this freebie and how to get it. It is time to play your part in making Nigeria GREAT AGAIN. There are people who need this information. Do us all a favour and share this knowledge with us all. Help to save a life.

My friend, fear your creator

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sweetmelanin(f): 11:47pm On May 25, 2020
JennyKadry2:

You sir, are a HUGEEEEE PART OF THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA. Selfishness and not wanting others to benefit. You claim to have access to "free quality health care" in Nigeria but in the last few pages of this thread and many more to go, you are yet to disclose or share info with people who are unaware of this "freebie" you keep talking about. There is a special place for people like you on judgement day

You still haven't answered my question. Why is this freebie a secret? Why is there only a few people who know about this? why hasn't the minister of health/governors of each state/or President BUBU himself announced this to the nation's populace?

Pay no mind to those who have such mindset of "as long as Nigeria favours me, everyone else can go to hell". People like that are inherently selfish and love the feeling of 'superiority' over the suffering masses.

Worst part is... the most basic things that are accessible to everyone in more developed nations is what they 'brag' about like it's some luxury. SMH

4 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by AfricanWahala(m): 11:50pm On May 25, 2020
Mancala:
[/b]

Sir, do not make the mistake of lumping all of Africa in the same bucket as Nigeria. Many African countries are progressing while Nigeria is regressing or standing still at best in the indices that enable long term sustainable development. Our close neighbor Ghana is making significant progress. Today, it is the #1 choice in West Africa for large multinational manufacturing companies that want to do business in an ethical fashion, consistent with the way they are used to operating in their home countries. Isn't it ironic that the West African market is essentially Nigeria, but they prefer to produce outside of it and only do arms length trade within its confines?

oh absolutely!

I recognize the fact that many sub-Saharan African countries are doing much better than Nigeria in terms of progression. Examples are: Botswana, Rwanda, Senegal, Ghana and some others but Nigerians are too arrogant to realise and we are often deluded by thinking we are the giant of Africa because of our economic and population size. The real measure of progress should be how the standard of living of the average citizen is improving.

What would make us stand a better chance as a group (Africans) is to unify and partner to grow together. The Chinese don't ask us what countries we are from before they discriminate against us in Guangzhou, the Europeans don't care where we are from before they treat us like trash in their countries and in the US.

Us being divided like we currently are makes it easier for us to be conquered and the tribalism we have in nigeria has been a curse that only benefits Europeans and the Chinese these days.

Thanks for your contribution thoiugh.

2 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by JennyKadry2: 12:18am On May 26, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Pay no mind to those who have such mindset of "as long as Nigeria favours me, everyone else can go to hell". People like that are inherently selfish and love the feeling of 'superiority' over the suffering masses.

Worst part is... the most basic things that are accessible to everyone in more developed nations is what they 'brag' about like it's some luxury. SMH

Some years ago, the government was giving out about $5000 to nursing students (diploma students studying for their bachelors and who were working in aged care). If I remember correctly it was 3000 first and 2000 upon completion of studies. It was for citizens and permanent residents. It was announced. Workplaces had the "how to apply" info on their notice boards.

If it were Nigeria, the oga of many organizations would keep it away from ALL workers and only share with family members and friends. It won't even be announced

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 7:22am On May 26, 2020
AfricanWahala:

oh absolutely!

I recognize the fact that many sub-Saharan African countries are doing much better than Nigeria in terms of progression. Examples are: Botswana, Rwanda, Senegal, Ghana and some others but Nigerians are too arrogant to realise and we are often deluded by thinking we are the giant of Africa because of our economic and population size. The real measure of progress should be how the standard of living of the average citizen is improving.

What would make us stand a better chance as a group (Africans) is to unify and partner to grow together. The Chinese don't ask us what countries we are from before they discriminate against us in Guangzhou, the Europeans don't care where we are from before they treat us like trash in their countries and in the US.

Us being divided like we currently are makes it easier for us to be conquered and the tribalism we have in nigeria has been a curse that only benefits Europeans and the Chinese these days.

I can’t wait to visit Rwanda. To confirm all the great strides I’ve read they’ve been making.

And most importantly to give my little tokenism n tourism dollar. Same thing we should be striving for as Nigerians.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by arena07: 9:27am On May 26, 2020
MuchAdo:

Whatever, the Bible says "my people perish for lack of knowledge"... angry

Too bad! To everyone his own!! angry

If illiterates and semi-literates can access these services, what excuse does a typical middleclass/upper middleclass person have
I wonder why you are not ashamed.you keep on saying you enjoy free health which is not announced or available to all the citizens.she even asked you to mention it you were still beating around the Bush.which shows the typical mindset of an average Nigerians selfishness, greedy and me &my family alone no one cares about others....to all nairalanders if you have opportunity to leave this country legally please do without thinking twice

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Latrezz: 11:16am On May 26, 2020
Kuns84:

Nawa. God help us in this country. Although some people are still enjoying Naija as is.
Nobody enjoy this mess is just dat ppu dnt have choice

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by sweetmelanin(f): 1:04pm On May 26, 2020
JennyKadry2:

Some years ago, the government was giving out about $5000 to nursing students (diploma students studying for their bachelors and who were working in aged care). If I remember correctly it was 3000 first and 2000 upon completion of studies. It was for citizens and permanent residents. It was announced. Workplaces had the "how to apply" info on their notice boards.

If it were Nigeria, the oga of many organizations would keep it away from ALL workers and only share with family members and friends. It won't even be announced

I'm telling you.

Same way Folorunsho Alakija donated N1 Billion towards "fighting coronavirus" ...N100 million of which was meant to go to all medical workers in the frontline in Lagos.

I'm yet to see any of these doctors and nurses say that they recieved a single Kobo! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Mancala: 2:02pm On May 26, 2020
AfricanWahala:

oh absolutely!

I agree that a unified Africa stands a better chance, but there are too many variables outside of our control to make this happen in the foreseeable future. Nigeria itself is not unified so how do we start to unify with the rest of Africa? In my opinion, this is a much heavier lift than other opportunities within our control. Other African countries are moving on. They are harnessing opportunities within their control and making progress within and outside their countries. Who would have thought the Somalis would be in the forefront in gaining political power in the U.S? Nigerians are by a long shot the most individually successful immigrant group from Africa, but Somalis have also made their mark collectively/politically. They say respect is earned not given. This is why there is respect for many Nigerian individuals in the US, but contempt for the country as a whole.
In my opinion, we need to play the hand we've been dealt. There are many things we can do in Nigeria even with the tribalism, corruption, injustice etc. some African countries that fought civil wars in the recent past are making progress and seem to have a better future ahead as they figure things out within the parameters they operate.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by legionISproteus: 2:26pm On May 26, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir.

We can't stop them from casting aspersions and God knows that some of our leaders are at fault, but I will always defend the country that has been good to me. It's from inside a black pot that a white pap came out.
I see what you did there wink

Seun, is this allowed?

1 Like

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by legionISproteus: 2:27pm On May 26, 2020
JennyKadry2:

Newsflash,there is no such thing like judgement day, well, unless you have a case in the courts.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by EgunMogaji2: 2:59pm On May 26, 2020
legionISproteus:

I see what you did there wink
cool
Seun, is this allowed?

And then I'll loose my pension as well as social security being paid in US dollars abi? grin grin

You and your multitude of userids is what he should be more worried about.

1 Share

Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by HoliMaree: 5:36pm On May 26, 2020
Corona virus has shown us how faulty European & American healthcare system is.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 5:51pm On May 26, 2020
HoliMaree:
Corona virus has shown us how faulty European & American healthcare system is.

Really

And the Nigerian healthcare system is the best bahahahaha!!!

Continue to let the under duress Nigeria News Media and chronic government brain-wash your type with lies to believe that Nigeria has gotten the so-called COVID-19 they claim is in Nigeria under control.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by HoliMaree: 6:39pm On May 26, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Really

And the Nigerian healthcare system is the best bahahahaha!!!

Continue to let the under duress Nigeria News Media and chronic government brain-wash your type with lies to believe that Nigeria has gotten the so-called COVID-19 they claim is in Nigeria under control.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Beautyaddy: 7:31pm On May 26, 2020
HoliMaree:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The website is what Countries are reporting out to WHO.

The NCDC is under reporting COVID-19 cases of death in Nigeria and not carrying out the same level of testing most Countries are testing.

When has any Nigerian government organization even been truthful and transparent with its Citizen.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Iamgrey5(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2020
ibkayee:

Thank you cheesy
Hello Miss

Are you moving back to Nigeria cheesy
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 7:36pm On May 26, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Hello Miss

Are you moving back to Nigeria cheesy
Not any time soon cheesy

Were you banned?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Iamgrey5(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2020
ibkayee:

Not any time soon cheesy

Were you banned?
Not really,

Where have you been?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 7:45pm On May 26, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Not really,

Where have you been?
I've been here o

I was wondering where you'd been because I hadn't seen you around for some time, I even forgot your newest username lol. Hope you're keeping safe?
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Iamgrey5(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2020
ibkayee:

I've been here o

I was wondering where you'd been because I hadn't seen you around for some time, I even forgot your newest username lol. Hope you're keeping safe?

Lol

I have been around and I just wanted to say the same about you.

Maybe because we have been active in different sections.

I am Keeping safe, thank you. The Corona virus has affected everyone one way or the other, but i guess you IT people are not really affected because you can work from home.

Meanwhile, beautiful pictures on your profile.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 7:58pm On May 26, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Lol

I have been around and I just wanted to say the same about you.

Maybe because we have been active in different sections.

I am Keeping safe, thank you. The Corona virus has affected everyone one way or the other, but i guess you IT people are not really affected because you can work from home.

Meanwhile, beautiful pictures on your profile.
True, although despite this being the case before I'd usually see you every now and then cheesy

Good good, are you currently in Ibadan? Yeah I haven't really been affected work wise, but I really feel for those who are sad

Thank you smiley
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown by Iamgrey5(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2020
ibkayee:

True, although despite this being the case before I'd usually see you every now and then cheesy

Good good, are you currently in Ibadan? Yeah I haven't really been affected work wise, but I really feel for those who are sad

Thank you smiley
Perhaps because I am more active in politics section now.

Yes, I am in Ibadan

Do you have a contract for me? cheesy

You this ibadan girl that never comes home.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Why Is This Road Designed Like This? (Pictured) / Keke NAPEP In Benin City Pictured / New Terminal Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport Commissioned By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.