Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze (6636 Views)

Germany To Return Benin Bronze Back To Nigeria / Mexico Returns Ancient Yoruba Bronze Sculpture To Nigeria / Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by IDENNAA(m): 2:16am On Jun 02, 2020
You can mention all Nri related towns as you wish but you will never dance the Ufie! And , you wish your mother is from Anambra...gbafuo! You think by telling me your mother is from there you will get a pass� You claim to be nwadiana yet you are here daily working tirelessly to defame Nri and drag it pride through the mud? You will not hear Omanbala culture because I am the one that created it and my people will respect it once they are well informed. When i come up with my plans the name Anambra will be changed. You just hate the coinage because it would further cement our cultural homogeneity. Your opinions will never be respected here because you arent one of us. You anger is simply basedon the fact you arent included. Insult Nri on the internet but come to Anambra gathering and see who breaks kola

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by agadez007(m): 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
I don't know why some people dey carry Nri for head pass even Nri people

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
agadez007:

According to the dude, he isn't even from Nri! He has continuously said he's from Umuoji, but when I asked him the names of his Igwe and Eze, he began to blab. I had to come to his rescue and named his village heads. A so-called son of the soil that doesn't know the names of his village heads.

This is a faceless forum, and anyone can claim anything. But the good thing is that Omanbala he has consistently projected since a long time now is only limited in nairaland. Truth be told, no one has heard about this Omanbala culture in the afformentioned communities in Anambra.

That is why, I asked where exactly is this phantom Omanbala practiced? He has gone ahead to list some cultural practices he knows nothing about. Something a true Anambrarian would never do, because they know the Igbo culture cuts across boundaries; except Igala migrants based in the fringes of the Omanbala river who don't know all this. But I'll burst his claims now.

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by agadez007(m): 9:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
UdechiHD:
According to the dude, he isn't even from Nri! He has continuously said he's from Umuoji, but when I asked him the names of his Igwe and Eze, he began to blab. I had to come to his rescue and named his village heads. A so-called son of the soil that doesn't know the names of his village heads.

This is a faceless forum, and anyone can claim anything. But the good thing is that Omanbala he has consistently projected since a long time now is only limited in nairaland. Truth be told, no one has heard about this Omanbala culture in the afformentioned communities in Anambra.

That is why, I asked where exactly is this phantom Omanbala practiced? He has gone ahead to list some cultural practices he knows nothing about. Something a true Anambrarian would never do, because they know the Igbo culture cuts across boundaries; except Igala migrants based in the fringes of the Omanbala river who don't know all this. But I'll burst his claims now.
Omambala culture exists only online

What we have is Igbo culture not Nri or Eri culture
I wonder why somebody who is not even from Anambra West/East or Ayamelum would call himself Omambala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by IDENNAA(m): 12:02am On Jun 03, 2020
agadez007:
Omambala culture exists only online

What we have is Igbo culture not Nri or Eri culture
I wonder why somebody who is not even from Anambra West/East or Ayamelum would call himself Omambala

I , Odenigno Aroli coined the Omanbala culture theme. And , I dare say that the above post is both ignorant and senseless. I am from Umuoji and I will not discuss any Anambra group with anybody who is not ready to learn.

Just for the records for ill informed ones. There is no town in Anambra called Nri and no town in Anambra called Omanbala or Idenmili where I am from. If you wanted to learn something you are not sure of then grow the balls to address me directly. I dont have time for nonsense. I am from Umuoji , Igwulube Okodu and there is a book written by Nonso Ekpunobi on history of Umuoji. If you wanted to learn then read more and widely about Anambra ,that way you could make sensible argument instead of throwing mud at me from the sidelines. There are Nri migrants outside of Anambra if you dont know. I dont want to insult you because I hate ignorance...while you are at it, remember Nri is just a part of Omanbala culture!
Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by IDENNAA(m): 12:06am On Jun 03, 2020
agadez007:

Who is Nri and who is not ? Also , how do you know who they are ? Oga, ask questions and learn and stop writing senseless two sentence post that makes no point.
Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by IDENNAA(m): 12:43am On Jun 03, 2020
UdechiHD:

Silence for a minute let people who got substance write. You had drilled me on many occasion of my origin and I answered all your question without hesitation but when I pressed for your origin you evaded the question like faeces. You shameless , no culture having wwimp.You lying basstard , I answered all your questions satisfactorily and even pushed to defined how Nze na Ozo is taken in Umuoji and the categories of the society. You are definitely a shady character that cant be trusted. You are beneath me for that single dishonest behavior...I will never lie here because I am proud of my home town Umuoji and my clan , the Okodu clan comprising Nkpor( Idike) and Abatete(Ezogu). I am ffucking proud of my Okodu culture had brought glory to Anambra and Ani Igbo...I defend Nri because of my ancestry not because I am from the founding towns of Umunri, you ttoad.

I will post the interactions to show that you a disgusting uncultured ppig. Wait for it.

I coined the Omanbala theme and whether it popular or not I will make it popular because I have the knowledge , will and force to return my people to their beautiful culture and you can only go and hang yourself.
Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 03, 2020
UdechiHD:

Mr we all know u guys have no culture that's why autonomous community is littered over there.

Stop meddling into another man's issues as he doesn't meddle into yours..

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by agadez007(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
IDENNAA:

I , Odenigno Aroli coined the Omanbala culture theme. And , I dare say that the above post is both ignorant and senseless. I am from Umuoji and I will not discuss any Anambra group with anybody who is not ready to learn.

Just for the records for ill informed ones. There is no town in Anambra called Nri and no town in Anambra called Omanbala or Idenmili where I am from. If you wanted to learn something you are not sure of then grow the balls to address me directly. I dont have time for nonsense. I am from Umuoji , Igwulube Okodu and there is a book written by Nonso Ekpunobi on history of Umuoji. If you wanted to learn then read more and widely about Anambra ,that way you could make sensible argument instead of throwing mud at me from the sidelines. There are Nri migrants outside of Anambra if you dont know. I dont want to insult you because I hate ignorance...while you are at it, remember Nri is just a part of Omanbala culture!
I would have told you to confine that Omambala stuff to Umuoji alone but I have relations in Umuoji and most of them don't reason like you

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by IDENNAA(m): 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
agadez007:
I would have told you to confine that Omambala stuff to Umuoji alone but I have relations in Umuoji and most of them don't reason like you

We cant all have the same mindset and reasoning. Now, back to the statement you made when you questioned my connection to Nri. Have you figured out who is Nri and who isn't ? I want to know because you claimed I am falsely claiming Nri ancestry. You labelled me an attachee....Mu bu nwa Igwulube Okodu, oru ebo n'ise! Nri should be proud we are related to them! But I dont want to create division in my own house. Diokpa, fie isaa na anya!

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by agadez007(m): 7:09am On Jun 04, 2020
IDENNAA:

We cant all have the same mindset and reasoning. Now, back to the statement you made when you questioned my connection to Nri. Have you figured out who is Nri and who isn't ? I want to know because you claimed I am falsely claiming Nri ancestry. You labelled me an attachee....Mu bu nwa Igwulube Okodu, oru ebo n'ise! Nri should be proud we are related to them! But I dont want to create division in my own house. Diokpa, fie isaa na anya!
Fine
Igala people on Facebook are claiming 70% of Anambra as their land,now shouldn't be the best time to fighting ourselves

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Mbataku96(m): 9:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
IDENNAA:

explain what mean using this map.

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by IDENNAA(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Mbataku96:
explain what mean using this map.

Please , make your question very clear. Put your questions in words, maps can be bogus sometimes. I know more of the area(Anambra) I am concentrating on , than its map.

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
agadez007:
Fine
Igala people on Facebook are claiming 70% of Anambra as their land,now shouldn't be the best time to fighting ourselves

So you have time following one abdullahi ayegba who posts and likes his own comment...

Infact for this reason, Idennaa sounds more organized than u

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by horsepower102: 7:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
pazienza:

Of course. Civilizations rise and fall.
Igboland civilization was at a decline at that point in time.
But the civilization still belong to us.
Perhaps environmental change forced the people to move around alot and more emphasis shifted from Art to survival. With no writing, those with the knowledge probably died without passing the knowledge fully to the next generation, etc..

I suspect slave trade played a role in the civilization decline.

People tend to underestimate the devastation atlantic slave trade did to igbo civilization and surrounding african cultures. We only remember the second part which was colonization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by AjaanaOka(m): 8:20pm On Jun 05, 2020
horsepower102:

I suspect slave trade played a role in the civilization decline.

People tend to underestimate the devastation atlantic slave trade did to igbo civilization and surrounding african cultures. We only remember the second part which was colonization.

Igbo Ukwu culture most probably declined before the beginning of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.

5 Likes

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Opemopem15: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
Only if we valued our real history that didn’t start in 1914...

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by macof(m): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
darfay:
Are we sure that carbon dating isn't wrong here? Because the design and symmetrical (not sure if it's the right word) perfection is way too advanced for a 1000+ years old precolonial African society.

What tools where used in forging them etc. The mug/cup surprised me the most
So your problem is that its an African society?

You people look down on African pre-colonial societies too much

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Mbataku96(m): 9:10am On Jun 24, 2020
macof:

No mind them, my brother
Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by aribisala0(m): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
ChinenyeN:
Am I reading this exchange correctly? There are people here trying to make a non-Igbo argument about excavated artifacts? Do people not know how archeology and anthropology work?
Amusing ....... We are not any nearer to defining "Igbo" especially in the context of archaeology and what it might reveal.
Is there such a thing as "igbo" especially from an archaeological perspective?

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by Shiver99: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2020
aribisala0:
Amusing ....... We are not any nearer to defining "Igbo" especially in the context of archaeology and what it might reveal.

What are you even on about?

Why do people with an inferiority complex regarding Igbos always rush to comment?
Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by TAO11(f): 4:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
macof:

Hi macof, the guy whom you quoted here is actually correct — although for the wrong reason.

I will make sure to paste a link below which goes to a certain thread where I once had a similar discussion.

Please follow through from the actual comment there to the end of the same page

Modified:

https://www.nairaland.com/6074146/why-afuze-people-owan-east/2#93803265

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by macof(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
TAO11:
Hi macof, the guy whom you quoted here is actually correct — although for the wrong reason.

I will paste a link to a thread where I once had a similar engagement shortly.

Please follow the thread to the end.
Ok.

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by TAO11(f): 5:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
macof:

Ok.

I have modified my foregoing comment to incorporate the link as promised.

Please follow the exchange carefully from that point all the way to the end of the same page.

1 Like

Re: The Oldest Bronze Artifacts Known In West Africa, The Igboukwu Bronze by ChinenyeN(m): 4:29am On Nov 23, 2020
aribisala0:

You are not a dumb individual. Please do not behave as though you do not know that one of the main purposes of archeology as a study is to help answer these sort of questions.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Contact Me On Ifa Consultation And Readings / 14 African Countries Still Pay Colonial Masters / Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.