Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met (75057 Views)

Dating Single Mother You Can't Escape Bill Tie To The Child / Photo Of A Mother And Daughter With Big Backsides Goes Viral / 4 Reasons Why, As A Mother, You Shouldn't Bring A Househelp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Vires: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
My take on the whole story
If your cousin is really your brother, then maybe your father was having an affair with the brother's wife.

The part about dowry paid was thrown in to colour the story

If your dad n your uncle look very much alike, then your mum(aunty) could have pulled the affair between the brothers easily. Your late uncle might have never known.

It would be good if you can state (or find out) the exact timeline your uncle died and when his wife died (that is if she is really dead)

The woman dropping info is related to your mum, she wants you to find out, but gradually, she wants you to fill in the blanks, so she is dropping info bit by bit, she will still drop more.
The part of mentioning your cousin was to steer you in the direction of your uncle n the wife.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by andyanders: 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
Godlovesyou28:
Wow! I just woke up from my "pill-induced" sleep to see this. Out pouring of concern cry cry
What can I say?

For all your sincere love and concern am so grateful and overwhelmingly encouraged

for those who find it hard to believe me, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not.

For the those who have suggested that I go back to my original source, trust me when I say that "I have squeezed out every drop of juice from that orange". I can't push further and will never use undue force when I should show gratitude, but your pragmatic approach only shows how willing you are to help solve my problem.

For those who want me to approach it spiritually (I have been told many things, especially that my real mum is alive but will not dare contact me), I have been praying though sometimes my faith challenges me but I am growing by Gods Grace. Thanks

Be strong, no matter how this goes.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by laolee(m): 12:32am On Jul 21, 2020
you can go on a month dry fasting and exercise and come out looking like a cancer patient. then have family members go visit him with you. except he is not empathetic or love you. he should be scared about how lean you ve gotten because of worry. I know its hard and lowkey emotional blackmail, but the end should justify the means
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Drabrah(m): 7:38am On Jul 21, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

I can't even hold my tears back, my heart is bursting out. I don't even know why I feel this amount of pain. My birth certificate says I was born in a private hospital that don't exist(I have gone there and its an office complex) and mother's name, occupation and signature is that of my mum(now step mum).

My dear, it's sounding like u're abt 2 open a can of worms. Trust me, u may hate ursef more if u find out d truth. Sounds more like ur current mum has bn in d pix from d outset. Sounds to me like an unpleasant away match
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Drabrah(m): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2020
adebayour26:

Jesus!!

I told you so.
Two things are involved: physical or spiritual (am sure of the latter)

I see nothing spiritual abt this.
All that's happening is a long term big secret that those in the know are making frantic efforts to conceal.
Abeg make we no dey "spiritualise" everything.
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by backnbeta(f): 9:17am On Jul 21, 2020
Sunrise258:

You are very lucky. My case is a very pathetic one. I finished secondary school in 2002, gained admission in 2009 all to drop out at 400 level (final year). I figured everything was wrong with me but I was alone in the struggle cause by then, I've become an orphan. So I went to one C&S church and dumped myself there for 5 years. The entire church would pray for me and myself too would pray for myself althrough the 5 years until the unexpected was revealed. My uncle's wife, (my dad's immediate elder brother's wife) had collected my glory when I was a baby of 2 years!!! I got it back through the mercy of God a day to my 32nd birthday. Meaning she was with my glory for 30 good years! The 30 formative years of my life!! I've gotten it back now but no job, no degree, no money to do trade or go back to school. I am in my late 30s and useless.
How sure are you that you 'got it back'? Through a dream? She confessed?
Breakthrough comes with true deliverance such that all the years the cankerworm have eaten and destroyed are restored! In other words, if your glory has been restored, you are not useless, you will soon smile.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
Godlovesyou28:
I type this with so much pain and sense of loss. I found out about two years ago that my step mum is not my real mum (everyone keeps wondering why am just waking up to the obvious).

I grew up being hated by my mum's (now step mum) family, usually beaten, overworked and deprived; but I was told that I was being trained to be strong since I was the first daughter by my mum (now step mum). At age seven I cooked all the meals except my (dads soups) and did all the cleaning. By age ten I cook every single meal at home, wash all the cloths and Iron, clean the house and run all the errands while my siblings both older and younger play and watch TV. I always felt my mum (step mum) will love me just a little bit more if I worked harder; she always told me I was special (and different) and that she loves me so much but does not know how to show it. cry . It hurt me deeply then that I was different so much so that its expression translated to pain; but that's in my past now and I have no regrets.

Fast forward, am all grown up and fully independent, then a distant relative I helped told me two years ago that my mum is not my real mum with facts. For me it was a relief (I thought there was something wrong with me that made me unloveable and to be treated different and given less, but I know better now). I am more confident knowing she never loved me and that it was no fault of mine.

Now, I just can't move on knowing I have a mother and I want to meet her and ask her questions (why she would dump her child for another woman to raise? Why she never came back to take me? Etc). And also if we could catch-up and be friends maybe.

The problem is that no one wants to tell me anything since most of my family members fear my dad and keep referring me back to my dad; I visited my dad and begged him to tell me who she is (I cried so much that he had to beg me to stop), he asked me to go so he can discuss it with my mum (step mum) but now shouts me down each time I bring up the topic.

I want to find my real mother cry cry cry cry . l don't know why I can't sleep or think about anything else. I need closure. I have been advised to sue my dad and am considering it. Please help me, I can't bear knowing I have a mother out there and not know who she is. Please help!

What do you need your real mother for?
You have no bond with her.
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Elxandre(m): 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

I never said she was wicked... She gave me what she could spare for a child not hers and am thankful but I just need my mum.

Please do you know anything that can help me sleep?
Actually she was. Her masterplan if you ask me, was emotional torture.
She made you think you were her daughter but tortured you for several years, ruining your plans with intentionally bad advise, making you go to seminary school just like your brother just to kill off your mum's lineage.
I'm quite pissed she's winning with your decision not to marry and your brother's catholic priesthood which forbids him from marriage too.

What a crafty woman! angry

The worst kind of wickedness is this pretensiously passive kind!

9 Likes

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by otikpoko(m): 1:57am On Jul 22, 2020
fertilewomb:

I don't know why I feel your dad comitted a very secret atrocity. it could be that your dad slept or took his late brothers wife and had you through her, which is why he doesn't want to tell you whom your mom is. It's a top secret he's been keeping with his wife and I don't think they are ready to divulge it to anyone let alone you.
Your dad comitted a formidable and shameful Taboo,which is why he doesn't want to disclose the identity of your real mother

People have children aside wedlock all the time and don't find it difficult telling the children who the mother or father is. why is yours different

You took the words out of my mouth.

It has happened.

My friend, her husband slept with his brothers wife and had 3 children with his brothers wife while the husband and wife had two biological coming from them, his brother got 3 from another man's land making it a total of five kids and it was extremely top secret and those who got to find out the truth, they silenced them in through death becasue it was a serious taboo but one thing led to another and when the truth came out, the whole family scattered!
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Casemiro(m): 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
otikpoko:

You took the words out of my mouth.

It has happened.

My friend, her husband slept with his brothers wife and had 3 children with his brothers wife while the husband and wife had two biological coming from them, his brother got 3 from another man's land making it a total of five kids and it was extremely top secret and those who got to find out the truth, they silenced them in through death becasue it was a serious taboo but one thing led to another and when the truth came out, the whole family scattered!

shocked
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by danny34(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2020
What's the update? Have op made headway in the discovery?
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by grandstar(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2020
Godlovesyou28

How far? Have you found your birth mother?

If not, another tactic is to give your dad the silent treatment.

Tell him you'll cut him off until he tells you who your mother is and stick to it.

Don't let him guilt trip you into changing your mind. Stand your ground. He'll break within a year.
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by grandstar(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2020
Elxandre:

Actually she was. Her masterplan if you ask me, was emotional torture.
She made you think you were her daughter but tortured you for several years, ruining your plans with intentionally bad advise, making you go to seminary school just like your brother just to kill off your mum's lineage.
I'm quite pissed she's winning with your decision not to marry and your brother's catholic priesthood which forbids him from marriage too.

What a crafty woman! angry

The worst kind of wickedness is this pretensiously passive kind!

Manipulative parents are in reality very cruel as well. It's their happiness that matters and the only one they really seek in a relationship.
Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by Godlovesyou28: 5:25pm On Sep 13, 2020
grandstar:
Godlovesyou28

How far? Have you found your birth mother?

If not, another tactic is to give your dad the silent treatment.

Tell him you'll cut him off until he tells you who your mother is and stick to it.

Don't let him guilt trip you into changing your mind. Stand your ground. He'll break within a year.

I tried that too but his BP shot up and his doctor asked me to stop; he has fully recovered now.
I was recently discharged myself(I was treated for depression). I never knew I was depressed until everything happened so fast undecided
I guess I have tried my best. Everything around me needs my attention.
Am getting too old for the constant crying so I have stopped thinking about the things that hurt so terribly, I have found a friend in my therapist and she has introduced me to knew hobbies.
Thanks for asking but please stop. I have stopped; I have stopped striving for answers that could cost the life of another person (I don't want to hurt my dad). I have also tried every other logical and legal means.
Thanks from the depth of my soul. But... Stop.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by andyanders: 6:44am On Sep 14, 2020
Godlovesyou28:

I tried that too but his BP shot up and his doctor asked me to stop; he has fully recovered now.
I was recently discharged myself(I was treated for depression). I never knew I was depressed until everything happened so fast undecided
I guess I have tried my best. Everything around me needs my attention.
Am getting too old for the constant crying so I have stopped thinking about the things that hurt so terribly, I have found a friend in my therapist and she has introduced me to knew hobbies.
Thanks for asking but please stop. I have stopped; I have stopped striving for answers that could cost the life of another person (I don't want to hurt my dad). I have also tried every other logical and legal means.
Thanks from the depth of my soul. But... Stop.

Try to find peace within yourself. This life got nothing as we are all here on transit.

Stop getting yourself overworked. Stop trying to push yourself to this point that you have gotten as a result of trying to get an answer. Be who God has made you to be as a result of the state you have found yourself and be happy.

Understand herein, that people love and care, for your well being, hence we pray and encourage you to forge ahead and look up to life, as there is life and success at the end of the tunnel.

You will get healed, IJN, Ameeen.

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by GentlePEACE: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2022
Godlovesyou28:
I type this with so much pain and sense of loss. I found out about two years ago that my step mum is not my real mum (everyone keeps wondering why am just waking up to the obvious).

I grew up being hated by my mum's (now step mum) family, usually beaten, overworked and deprived; but I was told that I was being trained to be strong since I was the first daughter by my mum (now step mum). At age seven I cooked all the meals except my (dads soups) and did all the cleaning. By age ten I cook every single meal at home, wash all the cloths and Iron, clean the house and run all the errands while my siblings both older and younger play and watch TV. I always felt my mum (step mum) will love me just a little bit more if I worked harder; she always told me I was special (and different) and that she loves me so much but does not know how to show it. cry . It hurt me deeply then that I was different so much so that its expression translated to pain; but that's in my past now and I have no regrets.

Fast forward, am all grown up and fully independent, then a distant relative I helped told me two years ago that my mum is not my real mum with facts. For me it was a relief (I thought there was something wrong with me that made me unloveable and to be treated different and given less, but I know better now). I am more confident knowing she never loved me and that it was no fault of mine.

Now, I just can't move on knowing I have a mother and I want to meet her and ask her questions (why she would dump her child for another woman to raise? Why she never came back to take me? Etc). And also if we could catch-up and be friends maybe.

The problem is that no one wants to tell me anything since most of my family members fear my dad and keep referring me back to my dad; I visited my dad and begged him to tell me who she is (I cried so much that he had to beg me to stop), he asked me to go so he can discuss it with my mum (step mum) but now shouts me down each time I bring up the topic.

I want to find my real mother cry cry cry cry . l don't know why I can't sleep or think about anything else. I need closure. I have been advised to sue my dad and am considering it. Please help me, I can't bear knowing I have a mother out there and not know who she is. Please help!

Hello Op, this is 2022. i hope you found your real mum?

1 Like

Re: Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met by urbobo20(m): 10:34am On Oct 13, 2022
Where do u leave and what part of the country are u from

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

I Caught My Housemaid Sexually Assaulting My Son / The Travails Of Marrying Late / When Does A Woman Conceive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.