Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business (33106 Views)

Sam Larry: I Gave Mohbad 2M To Perform At My Mum's Burial, He Never Showed Up / Akin Alabi: My Mum's Driver Thought I Was A Yahoo Boy - Nairabet CEO / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by stano2(m): 8:08pm On May 28, 2020
benzene00:
do we look like onion sellers to you
I'm sure you don't think
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by yelei(m): 9:23pm On May 28, 2020
benzene00:
do we look like onion sellers to yoou

No cos u sounding more like a motor park agbero.

And u better wake to reality if u in any way think you're better than an onion seller
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by executive12: 11:30pm On May 28, 2020
BigTableShaker:

And you blame filling station for selling new stock at old price?!
It is your type that killing Nigeria.

SMH

You should actually be shaking your head for yourself. You don't seem to understand what capitalism is all about. Those rules will prevent a progressive and ambitious person from making progress.
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by Dshocker(m): 5:54am On May 29, 2020
benzene00:

If you weren't an onion seller,the best you would have done was to avoid the thread and be quite...What you just said now makes no sense,please sit down and think about it.
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by Dshocker(m): 5:58am On May 29, 2020
Blessamaka:
My post might be lengthy but I'll try my best to be brief but please read to the end.

I'm in my early twenties (20's) and currently a student in one of the prestigious university in Nigeria.

Before I got admission, I usually help my mum to sell onions in Ajegunle market aka boundary market in Lagos State.

Ever since schools were shut down due to the pandemic I've been scared of helping my mum because of the despicable rules or laws guiding the business which i might not be able to keep to it thereby putting my mum in trouble and that's the only means of survival for me and mum for now.

My mum belongs to a group of people that sells same product and they are usually referred to as Union and the leaders are the one dishing out those annoying laws.

Examples of such laws are:

1. You don't buy more than the quantity of goods apportioned to you else you will be fined and suspended from selling but the so called leaders go contrary to these laws

2. They tell you when to buy goods i.e before buying new goods, you sell your old goods for 7days not minding if the quantity apportioned to you is enough or not. My self as a case study, we were apportioned 3 bags of onions and I sell 3 bags in 3 days so me and my mum would stay at home for 4days before going to buy new goods.

3. They tell you when to start selling which is 10:00am everyday excluding Sunday and this law was before the pandemic

4. They tell you how to sell i.e the size of onions you are to sell for a particular amount as if they borrowed you money or they are the one giving you money always to buy goods.

And many more of these unimaginable laws. Right now I confused! I don't know the best way to go about this and I really do wish to start selling because I'm broke and I've so many responsibilities to care for financially.

I need legal help, advice on how to go about this until I get something else to do or probably a work or a different business.

The reason for going into business is to make profit and save for rainy days but the reverse seems to be the case here.

Please help me move to front page to get more reviews in regard to this

I will advise you people look for another location(market) to make trade,because you can't fight the union,they are fetish..... Or,i will suggest you look for another business to support your mum with
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by ABOVEDELAW: 6:08am On May 29, 2020
I AM SURE YOU ARE LESS THAN 20YRS OF AGE OR STUPIDITY IS THE ONLY TRAIT YOUR ANCESTORS LEFT FOR YOU!
benzene00:
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by jacko007(m): 7:21am On May 29, 2020
If you are cut off by the law, then you can go behind those laws. You can also register at the union as an independent seller too or you can as well change the market and target a different one from your mum..

Keep it up Sister , I love your zeal to Excel in your choosing business.
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by risos(m): 7:27am On May 29, 2020
Register and pay all the dues as a new seller would do, then you can go for 6 bags a week that's the rule.
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by risos(m): 7:29am On May 29, 2020
jacko007:
If you are cut off by the law, then you can go behind those laws. You can also register at the union as an independent seller too or you can as well change the market and target a different one from your mum..

Keep it up Sister , I love your zeal to Excel in your choosing business.

You've already expressed my view on this matter.
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by Nobody: 8:12am On May 29, 2020
benzene00:
Just shut up if you don't have a single sense to make any meaningful contributions
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by Nobody: 8:15am On May 29, 2020
Igbochief001:

Y are you people naturally scared of competition ...this is why most people hate igbos ...they claim igbos spoil markets ...but competition brings innovation and gives the customer best service

Why are yorubas afraid of competition
Because they are always busy envying than innovating
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by Amtrak: 8:51am On May 29, 2020
Blessamaka:
My post might be lengthy but I'll try my best to be brief but please read to the end.

I'm in my early twenties (20's) and currently a student in one of the prestigious university in Nigeria.

Before I got admission, I usually help my mum to sell onions in Ajegunle market aka boundary market in Lagos State.

Ever since schools were shut down due to the pandemic I've been scared of helping my mum because of the despicable rules or laws guiding the business which i might not be able to keep to it thereby putting my mum in trouble and that's the only means of survival for me and mum for now.

My mum belongs to a group of people that sells same product and they are usually referred to as Union and the leaders are the one dishing out those annoying laws.

Examples of such laws are:

1. You don't buy more than the quantity of goods apportioned to you else you will be fined and suspended from selling but the so called leaders go contrary to these laws

2. They tell you when to buy goods i.e before buying new goods, you sell your old goods for 7days not minding if the quantity apportioned to you is enough or not. My self as a case study, we were apportioned 3 bags of onions and I sell 3 bags in 3 days so me and my mum would stay at home for 4days before going to buy new goods.

3. They tell you when to start selling which is 10:00am everyday excluding Sunday and this law was before the pandemic

4. They tell you how to sell i.e the size of onions you are to sell for a particular amount as if they borrowed you money or they are the one giving you money always to buy goods.

And many more of these unimaginable laws. Right now I confused! I don't know the best way to go about this and I really do wish to start selling because I'm broke and I've so many responsibilities to care for financially.

I need legal help, advice on how to go about this until I get something else to do or probably a work or a different business.

The reason for going into business is to make profit and save for rainy days but the reverse seems to be the case here.

Please help me move to front page to get more reviews in regard to this

Sorry dear, this sounds like a witchcraft/occultic market association.

If this is true, then it only means that there is a 99% chance that your mom is a member, and a 50% chance that you might be a sleeping agent.

I'm not kidding; there are many of them around. Again, sorry for how this might sound.
Re: Help, I'm Being Frustrated By The Rules Of My Mum's Business by Perosingx(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2020
My Suggestion:

If the business is lucrative, register as an independent seller so that you can buy as an individual and your mum buys as an individual as well, then, if your mum sells from Monday to Wednesday, you sell from Thursday to Saturday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seyi Bickersteth Is Dead / Okonjo-iweala “ready” To Be World Bank President / See How Much You Can Get Ewedu Broom On Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.