Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg (58106 Views)

Dollar Crunch Turns Nigerian Banks Into Africa’s Cheapest Stocks - Bloomberg / Yields Rush To Rescue One Of World’s Worst Stock Markets / Nigeria’s Stocks Among World’s Best-performers In 4 Months – Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Exc2000: 3:22pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

Why can't Venezuela issue bonds that would be half subscribed if it's so simple?

Venezuela don't have the kind of Asset we currently have, if we keep at it with bad debt, our credit worthiness would also go the way of Venezuela

what do you think we use in securing this loans if not our National revenue generating assets like our oil well, LNG Plants, Sea and Airport etc

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Exc2000: 3:24pm On May 21, 2020
ajl:

It's like big boys calling on one another that it's party time and everyone should come with his or her knife and fork. Party is happening in Nigeria. The West are tricksters. They know how to fiddle with global issues and use it to milk poor nations or countries with stupid and corrupt politicians. I remember Y2K before the end of last millennium. Even this pandemic, they are behind it. Some of them are laughing to the banks.

they are truly behind it my brother... IMF had since giving us loan/grant giving us conditions that we have constantly refused to follow, like removal of subsidy, single forex window etc, IMF gave with one hand and sold their own agenda in another hand

smart people
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:26pm On May 21, 2020
Angelfrost:

...And by borrowing massively (which our moronic leaders will do), they will lay claim to the best of the nation in years to come!!!

Bottom line, this nation is ripe for the taking!!!...

It's just like a football club going bankrupt, hence begging a wealthy business man to take it over.

Thanks for clarifying for those too dimwitted to comprehend.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with borrowing.

Too many doomsday peppers busying over nothing.

You cannot produce because infrastructure is lacking.

Though you have raw materials you cannot transform them into money spinners overnight.

On the basis of the natural resources you have, you meet lenders to assist you in meeting infrastructural needs which can then help ramp up your productivity.

Borrowing is a universally acceptable instrument for meeting developmental goals.

Countries which Nigeria admire have as much as 100% debt to GDP, some even more, whilst Nigeria's debt sits at 30% .

Enough with the scare mongering .

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:27pm On May 21, 2020
Exc2000:

Venezuela don't have the kind of Asset we currently have, if we keep at it with bad debt, our credit worthiness would also go the way of Venezuela

what do you think we use in securing this loans if not our National revenue generating assets like our oil well, LNG Plants, Sea and Airport etc

But Venezuela holds the highest deposit of oil reserves (proven) in the world.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 21, 2020
Why is Nigerians always living in the shadows. How will someone ever write about something without proof. Everything about this country is always audio
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:29pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

Fact, is not every country can issue government bonds that would be fully subscribed.

Venezuela is a good example.
Why?

You are being clever by half

Venezuela has a Sovreign wealth Fund

What happened to it?

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:29pm On May 21, 2020
Gregorian2020:
Why is Nigerians always living in the shadows. How will someone ever write about something without proof. Everything about this country is always audio

But if you had heard that investors were fleeing in droves you wouldn't wait for proof before dancing skelewu.

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:30pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Why?

You are being clever by half

I'm stating facts.

No matter how it is spun, only confidence makes one enter into a bond market en masse.

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by JaffyJoe(m): 3:31pm On May 21, 2020
Even in war ravaged economies, there are still some people who exploit the situation and make money.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by PHijo(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
Who are the audio investors that want to invest in this enugbe kantiri grin

And I also saw knt the post that we want to borrow again undecided

They "invest" in debt!
Securing Nigeria's future incomes for themselves till 2047 since Nigeria has stupid leaders and their youths who paying back that debt are collecting 5k from BMC to post rubbish or busy dancing skelewu, Shoki, alanta and all what not.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:33pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

But if you had heard that investors were fleeing in droves you wouldn't wait for proof before dancing skelewu.

They are creditors lending money at a time whe solid economies are paying 2% interest or less and we are being spun a tale that 9& interest rate is a great thing

Even I as an individual pay less than that

Let us not spin borrowing at extortionate rates as "investment"

Where is the cash to service the debt coming from?

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2020
Awon audio investors.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:33pm On May 21, 2020
Bookmarked
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

investment is a future.
These investors know that the future is bright for Nigerians
And Nigeria is gonna be bright in the future

No matter what we are passing through right now
Nigeria Will be great
There is always light and fire at the extreme end of our weed

Oh! Sorry! I mean
There is always light at the end of the tunnel
We can't give up at this moment.
God bless Nigeria

Typical Nigerian talk when the reality keeps staring u in the face that it is all HOGWASH.
All these bull-shiits from Bloomberg can never in it's true sense positively affect the life of the COMMON MAN.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:35pm On May 21, 2020
PHijo:

They "invest" in debt!
Securing Nigeria's future incomes for themselves till 2047 since Nigeria has stupid leaders and their youths who paying back that debt are collecting 5k from BMC to post rubbish or busy dancing skelewu, Shoki, alanta and all what not.

No longer 30k for BMC work?

Name.the so-called BMC monikers on this forum with proof they receive payment for their contributions.

Isn't it madness that many people take joy in misrepresenting, insulting, broadcasting hate, belittling their nation yet proclaim those who feel motivated enough to defend it as being paid for their opinion?

If not the number of morons on this planet, who would even consider your statement ?

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:36pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

I'm stating facts.

No matter how it is spun, only confidence makes one enter into a bond market en masse.
You call paying 9% a good deal when interest rates are negative
Where I am as an Individual i won't pay that much

Once again Venezuela has a Sovereign Wealth Fund

WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Exc2000: 3:36pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

But Venezuela holds the highest deposit of oil reserves (proven) in the world.

Holding huge crude ground reserve is something, but the main thing is how many million barrels per day can you produce, whats the cost of production and break even cost on each barrel you produce

Venezuela does 2.3mbp , Nigeria does 2.5mbp , US 14 million barrels , Saudi 12 mbpd , Russia 11mbpd

Nigeria and Libya produces Brent crude oil in large quantity Brent crude oil is easily refined and gives more yield that heavy crude oil

So as a portfolio investor which person would you lend your money, Venezuala or Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by ZooOga: 3:39pm On May 21, 2020
I'm glad the dysfunctional fuel subsidy is almost history but like many others in this thread I don't like all this debt to western sources.
Bubu and his finance minister should know that debt/usury is slavery. I'm guessing the very powerful global banking syndicate would do some very nasty behind the scenes things to the Nigerian economy if she didn't submit to their bond/debt schemes.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Brunicekid(m): 3:41pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:
Dem dey come.

Just wait.

grin
Make an inference from the financial analysis above.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:42pm On May 21, 2020
Exc2000:

Holding huge crude ground reserve is something, but the main thing is how many million barrels per day can you produce, whats the cost of production and break even cost on each barrel you produce

Venezuela does 2.3mbp , Nigeria does 2.5mbp , US 14 million barrels , Saudi 12 mbpd , Russia 11mbpd

Nigeria and Libya produces Brent crude oil in large quantity Brent crude oil is easily refined and gives more yield that heavy crude oil

So as a portfolio investor which person would you lend your money, Venezuala or Nigeria

You lend to who has the capacity to pay back based on working models.

Venezuela hasn't been able to put its books in order hence the I ability to raise funds.

Much as many Nigerians hate their country and have sworn to be against any news that promotes it, some of us would be on the other side of the fence regardless.

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:42pm On May 21, 2020
This 0.679% is the yield on 10 year US bond.

9% at this time on our bond tells the whole story

Only clowns can try and spin this otherwise
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by PHijo(m): 3:42pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

No longer 30k for BMC work?

Name.the so-called BMC monikers on this forum with proof they receive payment for their contributions.

Isn't it madness that many people take joy in misrepresenting, insulting, broadcasting hate, belittling their nation yet proclaim those who feel motivated enough to defend it as being paid for their opinion?

If not the number of morons on this planet, who would even consider your statement ?

What nation?

I guess you meant country. People like you are the reason some believe Africans can't be imaginative!

The question is not if people on this fora are being paid 5k, 30k, in kind or nothing. The question is, are people supporting actions that will eventually lead to pain and suffering for themselves and their seed yet unborn?

That's the context.

The truth is, I don't owe you an explanation but I hope that helps you understand the folly of your actions.

Morons are those who mortgage their future gains for ethnic, religious or immediate material gains.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:45pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

You lend to who has the capacity to pay back based on working models.

Venezuela hasn't been able to put its books in order hence the I ability to raise funds.

Much as many Nigerians hate their country and have sworn to be against any news that promotes it, some of us would be on the other side of the fence regardless.

Nonsense

The US Seized or Froze Venezuelan Sovereign wealth funds and imposed sanctions so stop distorting reality

The US 10 year yield is 0.679%

Why pretend that borrowing at nearly 10 % is good thing.

It is a sign that creditors fear they won't get their money back

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:46pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

You call paying 9% a good deal when interest rates are negative
Where I am as an Individual i won't pay that much

Once again Venezuela has a Sovereign Wealth Fund

WHAT HAPPENED TO IT?

Because interest rates are negative in other climes doesn't make 9% a disaster.

Many economists realise negative interest rates are not sustainable and something must give eventually.

The theory of 9% interest rate is similar to the theory of dollar to Naira - they are depend on productivity for improvement.

Focus on the purpose of the debt rather than its size.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:47pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Nonsense

The US Seized or Froze Venezuelan Sovereign wealth funds and imposed sanctions so stop distorting reality

The US 10 year yield is 0.679%

Why pretend that borrowing at nearly 10 % is good thing.

It is a sign that creditors fear they won't get their money back

Would you give your money to wash-wash fraudsters regardless of how much you are told they would produce when you purchase their chemicals?
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:48pm On May 21, 2020
Exc2000:

You are clueless

US companies ARE BANNED from buying Venezuela stock

Any business outside the US that does so cannot trade with US companies.

The same applies to IRAN

It has nothing to do with the oil reserves nonsense.
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Tembro(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2020
Once upon a time.. story story.....stooorryyyy
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:49pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

Would you give your money to wash-wash fraudsters regardless of how much you are told they would produce when you purchase their chemicals?
Can you talk sensibly?what does this mean?
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:50pm On May 21, 2020
[s]
PHijo:

What nation?

I guess you meant country. People like you are the reason some believe Africans can't be imaginative!

The question is not if people on this fora are being paid 5k, 30k, in kind or nothing. The question is, are people supporting actions that will eventually lead to pain and suffering for themselves and their seed yet unborn?

That's the context.

The truth is, I don't owe you an explanation but I hope that helps you understand the folly of your actions.

Morons are those who mortgage their future gains for ethnic, religious or immediate material gains.
[/s]

The folly is that 2-faced individuals like yourself are happy to see people denigrate every single policy without calling them out, perhaps you partake in this yourself.

Suddenly, you become puritans and saints when others choose to support government's actions.

Away with your hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by omonnakoda: 3:50pm On May 21, 2020
Golan007:

Because interest rates are negative in other climes doesn't make 9% a disaster.

Many economists realise negative interest rates are not sustainable and something must give eventually.

The theory of 9% interest rate is similar to the theory of dollar to Naira - they are depend on productivity for improvement.

Focus on the purpose of the debt rather than its size.
What is the purpose of the debt?
Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Ogaonos: 3:50pm On May 21, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

investment is a future.
These investors know that the future is bright for Nigerians
And Nigeria is gonna be bright in the future

No matter what we are passing through right now
Nigeria Will be great
There is always light and fire at the extreme end of our weed

Oh! Sorry! I mean
There is always light at the end of the tunnel
We can't give up at this moment.
God bless Nigeria

don't be a fool.is audio investors.one thing I hate about Nigeria is dt we don't have economist what will have is economic analyist.until Nigeria go back Jonathan blueprints of export refined oil produces Nd gas to West Africa we have no brightness yet.most economist in Nigeria talk rubbish.always calling figures is dt wat they tell illetrate bubu for Aso rock like adeosun was doing Wen she was in finance minister.bro for Nigeria to better we have to alter global goods Nd services flow into Africa esp West africa.by making global goods pass thru Nigeria .by manipulating our exchange rates with euro.nd have a low key deal with Europe thru Germany Nd Scandinavia nations mind my spelling.imagine a euro to 2naira Nd a naira to other Africa countries range from 10 - 40 of their money.design in a way u boost Africans purchasing power of global goods.imagine milk Africa consume 30% is frm Nigeria cows Nd 70% frm Europe cows.whicch is re-export frm Nigeria to africa.u don employ every bdy

1 Like

Re: Investors Rush To Nigeria - Bloomberg by Golan007: 3:51pm On May 21, 2020
omonnakoda:

Can you talk sensibly?what does this mean?

You are smart enough to understand no matter what you are offered if it is a lame duck you would avoid it.

Simple.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bara Finance. Legit Or Scam? Share Experiences / MMM May Not Survive This Week – Help Provider / Interest Rate On Fixed Deposit Accounts In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.