Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Disrespect in Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Disrespect in Relationship (1066 Views)

How Do You Deal With Passive Disrespect In Public??? / I'm 29 But Look 13, I'm Depressed, The Disrespect Is Too Much! Please Help Me / My Recent Breakup Experience - I Couldnt Tolerate Disrespect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 21, 2020
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by izzou(m): 2:44pm On May 21, 2020
Just boyfriend and girlfriend, and he's dragging you out of his house? grin

Wait till you become his wife. He will fling you from the balcony

But why is he usually angry with you? Is he hot tempered?

8 Likes

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Ningen(m): 2:49pm On May 21, 2020
4years?? You can't make him stop.

You have proven to him again and again that he can send you out & there are no consequences.

He does it and gets away with it, everytime.
So brace yourself for a ‘marriage’ life.

2 Likes

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Yuneehk(f): 2:53pm On May 21, 2020
What kind of stupid love allows you to be constantly insulted? He drags you out and you still go back to him because he's the only man on earth.
I think you know the obvious but you'd rather believe that things will change. Sadly, it will only get worse. Happy married life in advance, dear.

2 Likes

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by pocohantas(f): 2:54pm On May 21, 2020
Please don’t mind the people above me. There are so many of them on NL, misleading people with woke advice, so that you can be single like them.

Men are like tsetse fly on the sukurutum. You wouldn’t know if to hit them there or let them be.

Why is he always angry? Do you talk too much? I am asking because I know how annoying women can be. My sister, talk less. Avoid arguments. Stop nagging him. When he is angry, apologize to him. You need to maintain a good degree of calmness and foolishness when dealing with a Nigerian man.

Don’t use hot head and lose this man. Ask evening newspapers, horseband scarce. Na slay-kings, alfa males and red-pillers full everywhere now.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by OsuIgboIpob: 2:55pm On May 21, 2020
Jeanette123:
My boyfriend of 4 years asks me to leave his house when we have a serious argument and drags me out if I refuse. How can I make this stop?

He got a new apartment mid last year. I loaned him half the annual rent but when he struggled to pay back I told him to take the loan as a gift. In this new apartment, he has told me to leave the house 3 times already. He dragged me out the 2 times I refused, so I respect myself and leave In peace when this happens. This usually happens when I stay over for a few days.

His argument is that the apartment is really small and he feels even more choked when he has to share his space with someone he is angry with. He needs me out of the house when he is angry. We are supposed to get married next year and we have been together for the past 4 years. He’s 28 and I’m 26.

I feel disrespected when asked to leave repeatedly. How can I make this stop?

N.B. Please I don’t want this on the front page
This one sided story...

Waiting for him to come and tell us how
Unreasonable
Silly
Disrespectful
And stubborn you are.
Situations like this... IT WILL END IN TEARS!
lalasticlala we want this on front page.

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 21, 2020
izzou:

The night before, I observed his boss (the overall CEO) called him on the phone and he didn’t pick up. So i called his attention to it and I was surprised he didn’t jump up and pick because he’s even anxious to pick up when his direct report calls, talk less of the CEO. But I ignored.

The next day, the same boss called repeatedly and he ignored again. Then I got suspicious. He said the boss wanted to ask him for a review which he was not ready for. This surprised me because he has been super focused on performing to avoid retrenchment in this Covid period. So he flared and said I was insecure and asked me to leave his house.

The other time I remember was when we had an argument. When he was speaking to me , I ignored him like I didn’t hear what he was saying. He asked me to leave and I didn’t answer so he literally dragged me out of the bed, out of the house. This time I just picked my bag and left to avoid any embrassment.

I know I can be Super stubborn but I won’t consider myself an aggressive person. I’m trying to be as clear as possible so I can understand from an external view what his behavior means and what impact that will have on our future.
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Dobson43: 3:01pm On May 21, 2020
pocohantas:
Please don’t mind the people above me. There are so many of them on NL, misleading people with woke advice, so that you can be single like them.

Men are like tsetse fly on the sukurutum. You wouldn’t know if to hit them there or let them be.

Why is he always angry? Do you talk too much? I am asking because I know how annoying women can be. My sister, talk less. Avoid arguments. Stop nagging him. When he is angry, apologize to him. You need to maintain a good degree of calmness and foolishness when dealing with a Nigerian man.

Don’t use hot head and lose this man. Ask evening newspapers, horseband scarce. Na slay-kings, alfa males and red-pillers full everywhere now.

This is infact the most reasonable piece done by a lady since the start of this year. Baby, I for just go pay your bride price with #13m if I no get someone. You are doing well.

But make you nor get character like your dp
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by OsuIgboIpob: 3:01pm On May 21, 2020
... I know I can be super stubborn...

See vindication o cheesy

Who wants to deal with a super stubborn person?

Who won't put a super stubborn person in their place (drag them out)?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 21, 2020
Beware of these 4 killers of a sweet relationship. They are also called the 4 Horsemen of Relationship Apocalypse. You have to be on the lookout to when these tendencies begin to rear their ugly head up in your relationship and manage them properly. They are all as a result of emotional outburst or emotional overwhelm. The way they are being managed will determine if a certain relationship will be salvaged or not.
These 4 horsemen are:
1. Criticism: This is the negative flipside of complaint. Complaints are not bad infact they are constructive to any relationship. They help put things back in order when both partners have a good listening habit. Complaints are targeted at a specific action at which your partner failed. Criticism on the other hand convey distraught mixed with negative words targeted at your partner.
Look at these:
Complaint: There is no petrol in the car. Why didn't you fill it up like you said you would?
Criticism: Why can't you ever remember something? I told you a thousand times to fill up the tank and you didn't.
You see! Criticisms are demeaning. Let's learn to honour and respect our partners. Be nice.

2. Contempt: Contempt is a feeling of disgust........

Continue reading on
https://businesshob..com/2020/05/4-major-killers-of-sweet-relationship.html?m=1#more
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by anthonyuncle(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2020
dz guy will ask u to get down from his car (while on da highway) one day.

it's obvious he has no respect for u.

u should start limiting da amount of time u spend alone with him.

he needs to start valuing u once more.
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by izzou(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2020
Jeanette123:

The night before, I observed his boss (the overall CEO) called him on the phone and he didn’t pick up. So i called his attention to it and I was surprised he didn’t jump up and pick because he’s even anxious to pick up when his direct report calls, talk less of the CEO. But I ignored.

The next day, the same boss called repeatedly and he ignored again. Then I got suspicious. He said the boss wanted to ask him for a review which he was not ready for. This surprised me because he has been super focused on performing to avoid retrenchment in this Covid period. So he flared and said I was insecure and asked me to leave his house.

The other time I remember was when we had an argument. When he was speaking to me , I ignored him like I didn’t hear what he was saying. He asked me to leave and I didn’t answer so he literally dragged me out of the bed, out of the house. This time I just picked my bag and left to avoid any embrassment.

I know I can be Super stubborn but I won’t consider myself an aggressive person. I’m trying to be as clear as possible so I can understand from an external view what his behavior means and what impact that will have on our future.

What you explained are just normal issues people encounter in relationships

I'm more concerned with why he has to drag you out of his space, anytime you both have issues, because when you both eventually get married, you'll have issues. Every marriage experiences that

So that means you'll be spending some of your nights in a hotel then

Talk to him about it when he's happy and calm, but then, I pray you don't get dragged out because of that again

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Vivianagoja(m): 3:05pm On May 21, 2020
izzou:

I can't lafff
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by DenreleDave(m): 3:30pm On May 21, 2020
pocohantas:

U mean scrotum? Epon
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by DenreleDave(m): 3:32pm On May 21, 2020
Jeanette123:

Are you an orphan?

Even if ur father and mother sleeping are sleeping under the bridge, pls go sleep there with them for peace of mind
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 21, 2020
Sis, this isn't it. If you get married both of you will be divorced before you are both 30.

What it is, is that this man is tired of the Union, unfortunately you offered him wife service as a girlfriend.

Please pick up yourself and move on, the abuse will not stop, it will continue. Leave with your sanity in tact. God bless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:49pm On May 21, 2020
Jeanette123:
My boyfriend of 4 years asks me to leave his house when we have a serious argument and drags me out if I refuse. How can I make this stop?

start paying half the rent and "demand" to have your name on the lease agreement, thus he cannot throw you out of your own house. EOD!

He got a new apartment mid last year. I loaned him half the annual rent but when he struggled to pay back I told him to take the loan as a gift. In this new apartment, he has told me to leave the house 3 times already. He dragged me out the 2 times I refused, so I respect myself and leave In peace when this happens. This usually happens when I stay over for a few days.

as you said it was a gift then you lost the money... and now understand what an ungrateful bastard he is. if you indeed respect yourself, i suggest you look for a man who respects you and your r/ship.

His argument is that the apartment is really small and he feels even more choked when he has to share his space with someone he is angry with. He needs me out of the house when he is angry. We are supposed to get married next year and we have been together for the past 4 years. He’s 28 and I’m 26.

the fact that you would still want to get married with this "stranger" who is easily angry at you, for no damn reason OR this man who doesnt get along with you, is mesmerizing...

find a man who RESPECTS (and probably loves) you...

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 21, 2020
OP, you're on your way to becoming this woman on FP: https://www.nairaland.com/5872669/why-nigerian-women-endure-abuses. It's clear-cut that you yourself have a lot of love and respect for yourself, for remaining in this wonderful relationship. The way he drags you out of the house right now should be enough practice for the beatings you will receive in the future. Bravo!

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by pocohantas(f): 11:22pm On May 21, 2020
Dobson43:

This is infact the most reasonable piece done by a lady since the start of this year. Baby, I for just go pay your bride price with #13m if I no get someone. You are doing well.

I can imagine...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by rosy1992(f): 11:39pm On May 21, 2020
You are seeing all these signs yet you ignored it. You are being mistreated, you still want to be told what to do. OK follow your heart.

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:48pm On May 21, 2020
Dobson43:

I hope you know she was being sarcastic sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 12:15am On May 22, 2020
Lel
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by mrblessed(m): 12:43am On May 22, 2020
Forgive me for doubting your sanity, because I don't think any person sane will tolerate such rubbish just to save a relationship. And to add salt to injury, you provided part of the money used to pay for a house you are routinely shoo like an animal. Even animals have rights, too. Then, what exactly are you?

Even if you didn't contribute to the payment of the house, you need to remind yourself that you are a human being and not an object to be discarded in a huff. Tell the baby-man you are dating that he should starting treating you with dignity, even though you seemed to have accepted your fate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by ibkayee(f): 1:06am On May 22, 2020
Dobson43:

pocohantas:

I can imagine...
Lmao
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by lightangel65i(m): 4:49am On May 22, 2020
Jeanette123:

N.B. Please I don’t want this on the front page

Lol seems like you make him very angry a lot, maybe you are the disrespectful one, and how do you expect him to stay in the same house as someone he is annoyed with.
And cause you paid his house rent you are blabbing about, I know for sure that he has spent more than 29× that house rent money on you.
Work on yourself.
From your post you are too proud, disrespect lol, have you given him due respect, if you had you guys won't have quarrelled so much. Respect is earned

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by InfinityFabric: 6:49am On May 22, 2020
Boyfriend not husband so no binding between you two.
It's a low risk endeavor that profits only the man if he knows how to.
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by MJBOLT: 6:53am On May 22, 2020
izzou:

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 22, 2020
pocohantas:

On this case, I disagree. That man is violent and should enroll himself in Anger Management class. These two aren't married yet but he ask her to leave and even drag her out at slightest provocations, what will happen when they get married, that's if they ever do.

Conflict resolution should be both partner's forte, there will always be misunderstandings in relationships, but it should never result to violence or disrespect. To me that guy is far from being a Man and the lady should be concerned. Na so domestic violence dey start o.

1 Like

Re: Disrespect in Relationship by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 22, 2020
pocohantas:

I can imagine...
Oh! Saw this now. ... Jeeeeezzzzzz

I can be over serious sha grin grin grin grin. I was surprised oooo grin
Re: Disrespect in Relationship by tunize(m): 12:48pm On May 22, 2020
i have learnt to give advice on hearing both sides of an issue. Anty lets start with you since ur boyfriend is not here, what exactly do u do that usually gets him upset? because ur man cant jst wake up and start dragging or telling u to leave his house. do you nagg? or do u try to be kind of controlling or do u argue with him much?

(1) (Reply)

Will You Do/approve This? (picture) / Carrot Oil For Romantic Hair & Skin / Virginity At 30, Pride Or Curse ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.