Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Should I Expose Them? - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Expose Them? (54993 Views)

An Expose On The Skills That Attract Highest Income / Is Their Any Processional Course That Can Expose Someone To Social Works.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Alaganature(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

But this woman is too nice to everyone of us for her to suffer such fate. What if she goes bankrupt? We will all find another job,but she will be left alone to lick her wound

Are you saying this because you are not opportune to steal from her as your other colleagues do... Minding your business will be right for you bro..
Re: Should I Expose Them? by praiseneo(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2020
sweetclit:
And that's the same issue op has.
His colleagues will steal money and milk the company dry
hmm I'm enjoying this I want to talk to you privately if that's fine I'd be glad. Thank you
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Evercurious(f): 9:34pm On May 21, 2020
owillowill:
IF YOU SEE SOMETHING...SAY SOMETHING.
If you didn't say, you're already an accomplice
Expose them and let your conscience be clear

YOU WILL THANK GOD THAT YOU DID

No.mind this Op. He doesnt know that he is already an ACCOMPLICE.. Make him dey there dey talk rubbish.. As long as he has cautioned them and didnt go reporting to his boss, he is already an accomplice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Evercurious(f): 9:35pm On May 21, 2020
Friend22:

EFCC shoupd go after criminal minded agents like you.

I am wondering if this company was yours and somebody was about to expose what is eating away your capital you will tell them to mind their business.
I now see why we are not different from.the leaders we choose.

Anyhow human beings.

People Luke that CAN NEVER own their own business.. NEVER
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Semaj77(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2020
Fabulouzjoseph:
Life itself is not fair. Suffering and pain is part of human existence.

You are in a dilema any action you take now you will still end up hurting someone.

If you report: you are going to put your co-workers and their family in trouble, they will lose their job and they will also go to jail if not for life.

If you choose not to report you will be harming the md and she might lose her business.

either ways you are going to hurt people.

And as such i will advice you to focus on yourself and mind your business.

Listen to yourself , so because a robber will get hurt if you interfere while he/she is trying to rob an innocent person you'll not interfere , you're as terrible as the robber

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by comm: 9:39pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.
Please advise me on what to do?

NB: I'VE SUBMITTED APPLICATION TO OTHER COMPANIES BUT NO RESULT YET.

Your problem is what we solve for companies across the nation

https://www.nairaland.com/5382560/accounting-bookkeeping-software-installation

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by gregor1: 9:41pm On May 21, 2020
You are asking if you should? Is it not the right thing to report bad eggs before they will corrupt everyone and bankrupt the MD? Please report.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Esteejay4u(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me. The M.D of this organization is such a generous but uneducated woman. My colleagues are leveraging on this to siphon organization's funds to their various pockets. I'm not oblivious of this fact because I'm so sensitive to things around me,but I am d God fearing type that won't participate in such a dirty act.
I've called majority of those in this illicit act privately to warn them and let them know the implications. But to my utmost surprise, the bull-shit keep getting high and d MD is not the type to tell such hidden things, she will reveal the identity of her Intel.
The problem now is that,if this act persist,the company may go bankrupt sooner than later. Even though,the job is not worth dying for,half bread they said it's better than none. I can't afford to be jobless.

Please bro, in the name of God, do all you can to save that company. Don't mind anyone telling you to mind your business. U can even find a means of doing it unanimously and have it at the back of your mind that God will never leave you alone on this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by omorttee4u(m): 9:42pm On May 21, 2020
Okortor:
Bro pls go ahead and blow d whistle. Since u r hands are clean, whatever b d action later won't affect u because u will definitely b justified. I had similar experience in a commercial bank where I worked, I blew d whistle and even d bank's MD got to know, more Dan 300staffs were involved and lost their jobs, while d investigations were ongoing by d internal control, compliance and security Dept, d guys threatened to kill me, I received diverse calls, all day n night but I stood my ground because I was a strong man so threats na small tin. Las Las we went to onikan zone2 AIG office for invitation,all Account were put on PND including mine, we got there de told AIG i was involved but no evidence to back up..I kept all d mails of deir fraudulent activities. Eventually d banks lawyer stood for me and I returned back to my Job smiling, I was celebrated with a promotion..tho I had left for anoda bank but I kept referring people for job's and it's been granted cos Eva since d incident I av a cordial relationship with d MD, HEAD HR, and oda top mgt staffs. We chat on WhatsApp. I left because I was offered x3 pay in anoda bank and that's part of banking career progression. I wish u b best.

Hi boss, sorry to bother you. I have CIT cash bag that we push to Banks. It's made with Tapoali very strong and durable. I'm sure the Bullion Van manager will like it. I can let you see it sir. Have a good night.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by ProtectMyMoney: 9:42pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All

Contact me and tell me the details, let me inform your MD for you..i won't expose your details to your MD

Those colleagues of yours will soon run the company out of business and you...out of job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by lastclaire4(f): 9:45pm On May 21, 2020
Okortor:
Bro pls go ahead and blow d whistle. Since u r hands are clean, whatever b d action later won't affect u because u will definitely b justified. I had similar experience in a commercial bank where I worked, I blew d whistle and even d bank's MD got to know, more Dan 300staffs were involved and lost their jobs, while d investigations were ongoing by d internal control, compliance and security Dept, d guys threatened to kill me, I received diverse calls, all day n night but I stood my ground because I was a strong man so threats na small tin. Las Las we went to onikan zone2 AIG office for invitation,all Account were put on PND including mine, we got there de told AIG i was involved but no evidence to back up..I kept all d mails of deir fraudulent activities. Eventually d banks lawyer stood for me and I returned back to my Job smiling, I was celebrated with a promotion..tho I had left for anoda bank but I kept referring people for job's and it's been granted cos Eva since d incident I av a cordial relationship with d MD, HEAD HR, and oda top mgt staffs. We chat on WhatsApp. I left because I was offered x3 pay in anoda bank and that's part of banking career progression. I wish u b best.

Oga okotor how far naw? Should I PM you, in case you know anywhere you can refer me to. Abeg pity me o. I am fatherless.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by jcross19: 9:45pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

U think so?Smiles.... U made me laugh. Heavens knows my personality,so I find no reason to convince you about what you think about me. Just know that everyone can't be a rogue. There are still few good lads out there.
if your claim about your personality is good nothing will stop you not to prove it . By keeping quiet is making you an accomplice before God and man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Omoejigbahe(m): 9:46pm On May 21, 2020
Be very careful o. Since you told them and they called your bluff, it's a sign that they are hardened criminals and will do anything to whoever gets in their way. Are you even sure they are not planning something sinister against you already. Thread softly.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Friend22(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2020
Evercurious:

People Luke that CAN NEVER own their own business.. NEVER

That's why the remain silent over people's crime.
I can bet that this criminal apologetics can't take half of what they give out.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by budaatum: 9:47pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

I work in finance company and I'm in charge of all accounts. All monies are been remitted to me..
So, they are stealing "monies" right from beneath the nose of the person she hired to guard her?

I'm not reading all the comments, but I hope someone at least told you you are a lousy worker, if no one called you thief. When she does find out without you informing her you'll end up where those you are protecting end up. In jail!
Re: Should I Expose Them? by NACE13: 9:47pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

Hmmmm.... I will consider this

OP, sorry I came late but I'd advise you to blow the gaddamn whistle on those guys. Please, pay no mind to that guy telling you to mind your business. That is how thieves operate, just like our politicians. I hope you know your business is to mind the accounts of the company, so no matter what, it is your business.

I suggest you make a proper voice recording (without their notice) where you are warning them to stop the act or you'll report them to the madam. After recording, make sure you tell your madam immediately, because they may go behind you and lie to the madam that you are the one stealing her money, and you know how Nigeria is na, most times na who first call police dey win case.

Now this is where the recorded conversation can still help you either way, because if they say you are among, you can bring out the evidence and if they go behind you and tell the madam first (lie against you), you'd still have your evidence.

I just tire for some bloody Nigerians sha; they just like trying to play smart on someone's ignorance or kindness

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Sommydisaster(m): 9:47pm On May 21, 2020
Friend22:

I pray when people steal from you and someone is in position to tell you I pray that person should mind his business even when you are been stabbed.

This mind your business mentality is what is wrecking this country into pieces.
There are certain things one should truly mind his business but not this and never this one.

Bros I don't know the position you're in life......... But definitely you'd get to point where by people stealing from you will be inevitable

This can't stop......... The so called person they're stealing from knows but hasn't caught the culprit red handed

But if you think snitch'n has done good........ If you're in that position try and tell & watch what happens

NB : I don't support stealing, but these are things that can not stop in any big firm or biz
Re: Should I Expose Them? by jimcaddy(m): 9:48pm On May 21, 2020
Which Nigerian employee does not steal from his or her boss? Nigerians are crooks.. If I were you, I'd just resign my appointment if I cannot take it any longer. Let her find out by herself.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Semaj77(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2020
koyyes:
You better mind your own business.

What they are doing is bad but let me shock you. You see those top people in their AC conditioned offices, they are all thieves and they employ mostly thieves.

They employ thieves as staff to steal for them. They plan bank robbery on their own branch(es) and split the money with the hired robbers.

If you report them, I promise you, they will find a way to implicate you with them because someone will spill and someone among the top officials will be implicated.

It's a dog eat dog situation.

Leave your boss and co to find out for themselves and stay clear of any of their activities directly or indirectly.

Always cross your 'Ts' and dot your 'Is' before you leave the office ( You know what I mean).

A lot of innocent men have gone to prison because they didn't take out time to look at the paper brought before them before signing.

Unless he's not 100% clean or doesn't understand working procedures , he can not be implicated
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Davidoff2000: 9:51pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

But this woman is too nice to everyone of us for her to suffer such fate. What if she goes bankrupt? We will all find another job,but she will be left alone to lick her wound

Guy, they will kill you, murder you neat in your apartment or on your way home one day.

You think.this is a joke? You have already shown your hand already..by warning them. You shdnt have done that but simply adviced on the introduction of systema and processes that stop the theft.

Once again your life is in danger if you try to tell your madam, even if you dont, it still is. In this country where people kill for 500 naira? you maybe trying to stop a racket that rakes in maybe 500k per participant a month.

Haaa...you are joiking with your life. The heart of man is deep and desperately wicked. You may just wake up and run mad one day.

Dont say i.didnt warn you on here. Do the needful fast and protect yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by coldFLARES1(m): 9:51pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

U think so?Smiles.... U made me laugh. Heavens knows my personality,so I find no reason to convince you about what you think about me. Just know that everyone can't be a rogue. There are still few good lads out there.
I lashed out previously because I understand what work and trouble goes into planting, establishing and sustaining a business concern. It would be totally unfair to stay aloof while crooks bring someone else's sweat to ruin!

Again, I quite differ with people advising that you report the theft anonymously because it only portrays you, who is employed to identify, block/plug, and escalate misdeeds as this, as incompetent. If you were not in the position you hold, it would have been okay to be an anonymous whistle blower, but as the accountant/CFO you are an accomplice and would never be shielded should an independent audit reveal the theft.

You still have the chance to prove the fear of God and show some integrity, especially given that you have warned them, by reporting them.

Hope you redeem yourself and save madam's business.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by DexterousOne(m): 9:52pm On May 21, 2020
Samuels90:
From their comments you will know who the average thinking Nigerian is. Truly, Nigerians deserve the kind of govt/politicians they get, the difference is just the opportunity to get the same power the politicians hold. OP find a way to let the Mgt bring in an auditor, I think that's best.

Well said

Nigerians dont deserve good governance
Cos they are not good people

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Funkybabee(f): 9:54pm On May 21, 2020
Yoruba says "ara ile re in he kokoro Iwo ni ko kan o, Ku RU kere kuri kere re ko ni he ko sun lo RU"

Your present there is for a purpose that u must fulfill in other to move to better stage, think wise
Re: Should I Expose Them? by julimaxy: 9:57pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15:

You should have grassed them straight up in the first instance, instead of warning them. Now they may be planning on how to get rid of you.

I would suggest that you tell the woman. If you are too scared to report, you can give anonymous tip (although you have already warned them, so they will know who the informant is).

All the best

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Semaj77(m): 9:57pm On May 21, 2020
koyyes:

Go and ask company auditors what they have to go through to do their jobs and stay safe.

You will be shocked.

Things are happening that you don't know.

I'll repeat , every process in the work place has its due process , unless you don't do your work will you be implicated. I have seen many instances where seemingly innocent people get roped in such situations , they were only roped in because they did not follow the right procedure. I have worked with people , run my own business and worked as a consultant. And I have over 20 years work experience , I know what I'm saying.
Re: Should I Expose Them? by Friend22(m): 10:04pm On May 21, 2020
Sommydisaster:

Bros I don't know the position you're in life......... But definitely you'd get to point where by people stealing from you will be inevitable

This can't stop......... The so called person they're stealing from knows but hasn't caught the culprit red handed

But if you think snitch'n has done good........ If you're in that position try and tell & watch what happens

NB : I don't support stealing, but these are things that can not stop in any big firm or biz

The thing is, what's wrong is wrong whether big or small especially stealing from people.

Or didn't read the part that their stealing could possibly lead to the firm or company folding up?

Would you want such thing to happen in all honesty?
If it were you , will you look away?
Re: Should I Expose Them? by eunisam: 10:06pm On May 21, 2020
Abbeylanre15

Mind your business is the key word here.

The best way to mind your business is to expose them because exposing them is part of your business. so mind your business or your business will mind you, mind you, if your business minds you, your minds will be on a long thing before it returns home. no talk sey I no tell you oh.

1 Like

Re: Should I Expose Them? by Calicoe: 10:07pm On May 21, 2020
Blow the whistle immediately. Whether it favours u or not. By keeping silence, you are an accomplice by default
Re: Should I Expose Them? by pooozeee(m): 10:19pm On May 21, 2020
I think you should inform the efcc

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Where can a Microbiolgy Graduate Work? / Lagos Police Officer With A Bottle Of Beer In Public Arrested. Photos / Cecilia Akagu & Clifford Wanda Attain Same Senior Rank Level In The Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.