Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets (81599 Views)

Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) / Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Wins Miss Universe 2017 (Miss South Africa) / Contestants Photos From Miss Ambassador For Peace Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Shattuck(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2020
I don't find her tweets offensive,I think she was wrongly punished.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:34am On May 22, 2020
I'm not going to lie, this news is like music to my ears. Being young isn't an excuse to be racist and at the age of 15, you know exactly what you're doing. People are acting like she was 4 and in kindergarten at that age. Even now, she's not sorry for what she did, she's only upset her tweets got dug up!

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by EleventhWeirdo: 10:35am On May 22, 2020
Someone7:

I've seen a Nigerian woman call another African woman "black monkey". Even the whites around were shocked lipsrsealed
Are you serious?

That is preposterous?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omonnakoda: 10:35am On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is it really offensive in SA or people just love drama? The word doesn't even have a history in South Africa

?

It is offensive to any educated African

I have no clue why people foolishly follow black Americans
The word has a meaning to THEM

Why is anyone calling himself Nigga in Abuja,what DOES IT MEAN?

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 10:38am On May 22, 2020
Who told you I don't know about or has not experienced racism? Her choice of word was insensitive but in this context, she meant NO HARM. This was years ago when she was young.

grandstar:

It may not sound sickening to you but for anyone who understood what apartheid was and experienced it, it takes on a whole new meaning.

When I was in Unilag in the early 90s, there were black South African students. These guys looked wretched and they drank a lot. Nigerian students looked down on them.

They showed traits common to long oppressed and disillusioned people.

My nephew who is half Turkish and schools in England was called the N word by a white South African boy. Where do you think he learnt it from?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by DAramis: 10:40am On May 22, 2020
That was so low of her with those tweets. Also, she claiming that she was young then has no correlation with wisdom and empathy.

There are lots of 10 year old children whose tweet would make more sense than all the tweets she did over the last 20 years of her life.

Just like a wiseman once said As a man or a woman thinketh, so is he or she is.

The summary, her heart is filled with those thoughts and nothing can change that fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omoiyamayor(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2020
Ausrichie:

I bet you call people nigga too.
im African so its allowed,but not from the other race,if i call you a nigga its like a compliment cus we both black,but if a white man call you a nigga its an insult and i may step in the fight too,you get my point.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omoiyamayor(m): 10:44am On May 22, 2020
Ausrichie:

I bet you call people nigga too.
for example in SA,if a Nigerian call a Ghanaian a Kwere-Kwere its a joke,like laughing at our pain,but if a south African can me a Kwere-Kwere its offensive and xenophobic.

3 Likes

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Jimmyubah2: 10:44am On May 22, 2020
F*cking racist.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by DAramis: 10:45am On May 22, 2020
omoiyamayor:
im African so its allowed,but not from the other race,if i call you a nigga its like a compliment cus we both black,but if a white man call you a nigga its an insult and i may step in the fight too,you get my point.
Bro, that word is so wrong and demeaning to call someone else irrespective of whether the person is White or Black.

It is like saying, Saint Morris cigarette does not have any negative effect on human body while other brands causes cancer. Cigarette is cigarette, that it has been established to cause cancer does not depend on the brand of the company.

My advice, desist from calling someone such name.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by grandstar(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2020
Sterope:
Who told you I don't know about or has not experienced racism? Her choice of word was insensitive but in this context, she meant NO HARM. This was years ago when she was young.

In America, young blacks use the word N word amongst themselves.

Those in the 60s and 70s or older don't. They actually lived during segregation or Jim crow laws when they had little or no rights. Oprah Winfrey can't stand the word.

For a white South African, it is a big issue.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:50am On May 22, 2020
I'm not surprised a lot of Nairalanders are defending her. I mean, this is how we insult ourselves right? Perpetuating the mindset and racist views of your old slave masters.

'Oh my gosh, that dude is soooo black'

'See as em face be like dat of monkey'

Blablabla

Slave mentality at its peek

Y'all disgust me. Nobody is thinking about the real victim here, which is this guy

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Adakintroy2: 10:52am On May 22, 2020
Until you are willing to pay for you sins you not yet grown. Hope she has truly learn.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Martinez39s(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2020
Someone7:
I've seen a Nigerian woman call another African woman "black monkey". Even the whites around were shocked lipsrsealed
What! sad This is shocking.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by bamite(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Exactly! the K-word is the last word black people would have heard before they were served to the dogs or shot.

What the hell is the k word you people keep talking about?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 10:54am On May 22, 2020
Lmao. I am not stupid or ignorant. You are all fishing and you should be happy, she has already left the race.

grandstar:

In America, young blacks use the word N word amongst themselves.

Those in the 60s and 70s or older don't. They actually lived during segregation or Jim crow laws when they had little or no rights. Oprah Winfrey can't stand the word.

For a white South African, it is a big issue.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by AbisolaOba: 10:59am On May 22, 2020
cry

Sorry to see u go......
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 10:59am On May 22, 2020
Serves her right.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Dpharisee: 10:59am On May 22, 2020
joudini:
In order for the oppressed to defend the criminalities of their enemies, they will come up with the most emasculating of logic that leaves them further violated and deprived.

They are rarely concerned about the irresponsible thoughts, words and actions of people who are to this day, still beneficiaries of the criminalities of their ancestors, but would rather harass and disparage the victims as "too sensitive", "stuck in the past" etc

For inhabitants of a country that were the subjects of perhaps the most vicious form of formal discrimination (slavery, colonialism and apartheid) to interpret "nigga or nigger" when addressed to a black person as having no weight as a word of racial slur in South Africa, tells a lot about the state of their own minds.

Stop normalising your discrimination.

Stop making excuses for your enemies.

Yoruba Muslims normalising the crime of Alimi in Ilorin and his descendants who are taking FH positions as representatives of Yorubas in Kwara state
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omoiyamayor(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2020
DAramis:

Bro, that word is so wrong and demeaning to call someone else irrespective of whether the person is White or Black.

It is like saying, Saint Morris cigarette does not have any negative effect on human body while other brands causes cancer. Cigarette is cigarette, that it has been established to cause cancer does not depend on the brand of the company.

some stuff you need to laugh it off to tell the oppressor you are a bigger person, you wont get it bro.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by jaxxy(m): 11:04am On May 22, 2020
cyndy1000:
The internet truly never forgets. We really need to be careful on what we write or post on social media, even if it's just for fun it may hurt us tomorrow. " Some Shadows of the Past can still Be felt in the Present

She was young and naive then bt in the year 2014? she shud have known better not to talk like that. A 14/15 year old in 2014 shud be enlightened enough about racial issues.

On the flip side we have many tribalist and ethnic and religious bigots here. I hope they know the internet never sleeps.

Most of them condemning Racism bt are Tribal Bigots.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omonnakoda: 11:10am On May 22, 2020
Ausrichie:
Seun your spam bots banned me for no reason. You really need to debug nairaland. Chai make we no lie those jokes she put up there na normal thing who fit lie here say him no insult person say him black. I am dark so it was a normal thing people are just opening their wide useless mouths because she is white.
Do you believe it us spam bot?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omonnakoda: 11:16am On May 22, 2020
DAramis:

It is not Saint Morris

I need to speak to the Minister of education
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omoadeleye(m): 11:18am On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Dude you're right, there's no weight to the word around here. The K-word would have been explosive.

I'm not supporting her, but the nigga microwave post can be interpreted either way. It comes across as a very funny joke to me, if I got it right.

What's K word?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 11:22am On May 22, 2020
omoiyamayor:
If you call me nigga and you are close to me I would sue your ass. It is a derogatory word so stop with all this narrow mindedness. How funny Martin Luther for just stay him house self there was no need. Human beings are all miserable failures, we have failed democracy, failed freedom, failed live and let live and we will keep on failing.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 11:24am On May 22, 2020
omonnakoda:
Do you believe it us spam bot?
I posted a simple thing advising a guy to check Google and gbam the shit blocked me. I've seen other bugs self but I no talk.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 11:27am On May 22, 2020
fieryy:
I'm not surprised a lot of Nairalanders are defending her. I mean, this is how we insult ourselves right? Perpetuating the mindset and racist views of your old slave masters.

'Oh my gosh, that dude is soooo black'

'See as em face be like dat of monkey'

Blablabla

Slave mentality at its peek

Y'all disgust me. Nobody is thinking about the real victim here, which is this guy
Lie now that you have never used this insult. Accept the truth the girl did not think towards that aspect but unfortunately it was bad I always tell people to stop that blacky joke the thing is bloody annoying.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Baffupdrizz(m): 11:28am On May 22, 2020
She shouldn't have withdrawn.

Don't let bullies get away with it!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by naturefellow(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2020
Sterope:
She was young.

The second one, it is a tweet that should have remained a thought. The third one, it was used as an expression. Yes, there term is derogatory but the context is not.
"She was young". Certainly didn't prove a good defence.

"Should have remained in thought." Social Media makes us thoughtless stupid

At the end of the day, we must account for all our actions in youth or in old age.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Blackmoran(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2020
Most time people don't think deep about there believe. They just accept everything thrown towards them. I use to believe in that rubbish word called "racism". Until I realise I myself might be racist if we are to define it by it terms... When you see your fellow northerner and you call him " "aboki" pls what is that? If you have the idea that only white people can be racist am sorry to say you so dumb or you just in self denial, we all by nature believe either in group or tribe that we are superior to others.. The white believe they are more intelligent, black people believe they are stronger... In one way or the other every group have superior believe, which is not bad it brings competition which produce competency.. Instead to always feel timid and insecure and play the victim like a pussy. I will advice we behave like an adult and take full responsibility in letting the other group or whatever you may call it . knows you are better..
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by pacehood(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is it really offensive in SA or people just love drama? The word doesn't even have a history in South Africa
white people can't say the N**** word
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by DaRuud(m): 11:52am On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

That picture looks like Ganduje .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Main Habits That Make Your Boobs Sag & How To Correct / As Seen In Delta, Is This Fashion Or Madness? / Natasha Crown: I Want To Have The World’s Biggest Bum"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.