Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets (81596 Views)

Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) / Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Wins Miss Universe 2017 (Miss South Africa) / Contestants Photos From Miss Ambassador For Peace Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Omoslim26: 12:11pm On May 22, 2020
I hope this will serve as a lesson to all these useless stupid small small children here doing afonja this ipob dat conehead dis fl@thead dat guoro this

one day ya all will be put to shame and we will be there to ��������

is just dat most of these tribal idiots here don't even see a future in their tomorrow
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by budaatum: 12:11pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is it really offensive in SA or people just love drama? The word doesn't even have a history in South Africa
No telly nor history neither, or are they just too deaf to have heard it and be offended?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by DAramis: 12:14pm On May 22, 2020
omonnakoda:

It is not Saint Morris

I need to speak to the Minister of education
grin cheesy grin

But, what is it called then?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Musty112: 12:15pm On May 22, 2020
Racist, they never change!!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by meobizy(f): 12:16pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:
Is there a difference between Nigga and Nigger? Coz Nigga is common among the youth.
Yes, it is the same difference between gangsta and gangster. Balla and baller have the same difference. If I pull a trigga and kill someone I‘ll go scot-free, but if I pull a trigger I’m going straight to prison.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by meobizy(f): 12:19pm On May 22, 2020
The only thing I find shocking here is a troll assumed she could live a regular life. If nobody searched her post history she’ll get away with it and troll some more.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 12:29pm On May 22, 2020
omoadeleye:

What's K word?

Kaffir. Was used in South Africa.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by kabillionaire(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2020
Ain't karma a bitch
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 12:32pm On May 22, 2020
dairykidd:

Yeah... A Nigger is an abusive word coined by slave masters. Used on the early black slaves who had chains on their necks used in controlling them.

While a Nigga is a term used among blacks or people of black/ African descent ( mostly black/ African Americans) . The chains on these ones are gold,platinum or ice to show n brag abt their financial status or just show off

Thought so. Thanks! That's why I thought that tweet was funny and not racist.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 12:37pm On May 22, 2020
Depressed101:
only blacks are allowed to use it freely. Because of the history behind it. You as a Nigerian might not get offended by it, because you are not aware of the history behind it, but people from SA, EU or the US will. So I think she deserves what she got. It's obvious she's racist

I'm South African and we too are having that debate here about the N-word coz we didn't use it here and doesn't have much weight for me personally. SA has a history with what is called the K-word.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Thought so. Thanks! That's why I thought that tweet was funny and not racist.
Yeah that her nigga tweet wasn't racist but we know how these things go. The world loves drama at all cost even if her life were at stake here

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

I'm South African and we too ate having that debate here about the N-word coz we didn't use it here and doesn't have much wait for me personally. SA has a history with what is called the K-word .

Care to enlighten me?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 12:41pm On May 22, 2020
MorataFC:
pls can you explain that microwave part, I didn't get what she meant.

It's like how a bomb will count down to 00:00 in the movies. So the guy (a cool "nigga"wink won't take that chance of allowing the microwave timer to get to 00:00. At least that's how I interpreted it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Hotspotbro(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2020
Good for you
Even the name sef...
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by MrSly(m): 12:45pm On May 22, 2020
Something Buhari cannot do. Just resign. Is it that difficult amidst massive incompetence?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 12:46pm On May 22, 2020
merahki:

This post is very offensive and so grossly ignorant.
Darling what you are just exhibiting is bad for you. I am ashamed on your behalf, for this post.
Self hate is terrible.

Self hate? Where is it in my comment?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 12:46pm On May 22, 2020
dairykidd:

Care to enlighten me?

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 22, 2020
karma served next
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Wow.. thanks learnt something new today

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
TUANKU:

It doesn't need to have a history in SA, it's racism simple. If you call a black man "negro,nigger or nigga" then it's racist not minding the location. Maybe you have low self-esteem that's why you will refer to it as drama.

Say what? grin .The irony here is that you chose to give a word so much power to the point of letting it define your existence.And I'm the one with low self-esteem? Eminem has said the N-word in his performance once but I bet you that didn't stop black people from buying his CDs course people understand that context matters.It would be different if it was Trump who's perceived to be a racist by majority of people.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omonnakoda: 1:00pm On May 22, 2020
DAramis:

grin cheesy grin

But, what is it called then?
cheesy

You are a Learner
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Prolific007(m): 1:07pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:
Is there a difference between Nigga and Nigger? Coz Nigga is common among the youth.

Just like how saggin is niggas spelt backwards and if you look closely it is only black lads that love saggin so much
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by WaffenSS(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Ask slawormir

That "damn niggarrr" fothermucker.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omonnakoda: 1:08pm On May 22, 2020
Prolific007:

Just like how saggin is niggas spelt backwards and if you look closely it is only black lads that love saggin so much
Meaning....?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by BruncleZuma: 1:12pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is it really offensive in SA or people just love drama? The word doesn't even have a history in South Africa

XhosaNostra oya come charge and acquit...also put him through its relationship to Kaffer, Kaffir wording.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 1:12pm On May 22, 2020
holymiles:
you're super correct the word nigga is powerless in SA. their own N bomb is "Kaffir"

Even white South Africans will never use "nigga/nigger" to degrade black people cause they know it won't stick as much as the K-word would.A black South African might have mixed feelings if a white South African called him and "nigga/nigger",but if he called him and Kaffir he would know from the onset what that entails because that's the word that was being shouted while whites were killing Africans.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by omoadeleye(m): 1:15pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Kaffir. Was used in South Africa.

Okay thanks

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 1:17pm On May 22, 2020
Prolific007:

Wow, saggin is niggas grin Lol.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 1:20pm On May 22, 2020
ibkayee:

Nah, as long as you're black, the offensiveness of the n word transcends countries. Don't think it needs to have a history in the exact location you're from to recognise the negative weight it carries

Fair enough.Just that down here the word was never used in that manner.Actually,in South Africa you'll only hear the word being used by the black youth as an endearing term just like the blacks in America do.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 1:21pm On May 22, 2020
Lionessza6:

Maybe it's just drama, I also don't get why white South Africans get so worked-up when they are called nazis cheesy. That word doesn't have a history in SA.

& I suspect the Bianca story trended because certain people needed it to,they wanted the #amabhunganemustfall to die quickly or be replaced by this stupid story before the evening on that daygrin grin grin grin grin.

Oh, you are already here with conspiracy theories. grin grin grin I welcome you, being the good host that I am.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 1:25pm On May 22, 2020
Lionessza6:

Nope!. Everyone has a term or word that reminds them of something horrific, that happened or could happen. cheesy. But you are right about something though; instigators usually don't like the reactions to their actions.

As it should be.It's a shameful history on their part,I mean there can never be a justification for killing someone just because he doesn't look like you.Same in Germany, I hear they hate being reminded of Hitler.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 1:33pm On May 22, 2020
BruncleZuma:

XhosaNostra oya come charge and acquit...also put him through its relationship to Kaffer, Kaffir wording.

Dude! I'm fully aware that the word is an equivalence of Kaffir.You guys are just listening the wrong way.Let's talk historical context and let's see how much weight that word has in South Africa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Main Habits That Make Your Boobs Sag & How To Correct / As Seen In Delta, Is This Fashion Or Madness? / Natasha Crown: I Want To Have The World’s Biggest Bum"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.