Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets - Fashion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets (81601 Views)

Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) / Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Wins Miss Universe 2017 (Miss South Africa) / Contestants Photos From Miss Ambassador For Peace Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 1:33pm On May 22, 2020
joudini:

For inhabitants of a country that were the subjects of perhaps the most vicious form of formal discrimination (slavery, colonialism and apartheid) to interpret "nigga or nigger" when addressed to a black person as having no weight as a word of racial slur in South Africa, tells a lot about the state of their own minds.

Stop normalising your discrimination.

Stop making excuses for your enemies.

I'm not.

Firstly, the word nigger has no history in South Africa. We use the k-word here and I find that offensive and have no time for it.

Secondly, she was a child at 14 just using common popular language among the youth. Perhaps blame Hollywood for popularising the term niggaz and the parents for allowing their kids to be slaves to American pop culture.

And do notice that I did not defend racism but just that one microwave post, although the others too can easily be defended considering her age.

Where you as enlightened at 14 as you are now? Could you pen that elaborate post from earlier on in your teens or did u gain that wisdom over time?

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 1:36pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

I'm not.

Firstly, the word nigger has no history in South Africa. We use the k-word here and I find that offensive and have no time for it.

Secondly, she was a child at 14 just using common popular language among the youth. Perhaps blame Hollywood for popularising the term niggaz and the parents for allowing their kids to be slaves to American pop culture.

And do notice that I did not defend racism but just that one microwave post, although the others too can easily be defended considering her age.

Where you as enlightened at 14 as you are now? Could you pen that elaborate post from earlier on in your teens or did u gain that wisdom over time?

Muh nigga! cool you have said it all.I don't know why they pretend like they don't know what we mean.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 1:41pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Muh nigga! cool you have said it all.I don't know why they pretend like they don't know what we mean.

Lol grin. I'm sho you used that nigga intentionally.

But I understand some of them, they are of the impression that we were referred to as niggers during apartheid. It's the South Africans that baffle me.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by lexyking(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

Is it really offensive in SA or people just love drama? The word doesn't even have a history in South Africa

A white person calling a black person nigga is offensive, anyday,anywhere. that's why it's advisable that white people stick to making white jokes while blacks stick to making black jokes because any attempt to make jokes of people's skin color outside of your race is considered racist.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by webizone(m): 1:48pm On May 22, 2020
The reason why Kaffy the Nigerian dancer must not go to South Africa with you. Else people will beat you when you call her.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 1:58pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Lol grin. I'm sho you used that nigga intentionally.

But I understand some of them, they are of the impression that we were referred to as niggers during apartheid. It's the South Africans that baffle me.

And they think we're justifying it's usage by that white girl.My thing is - if the word is offensive then why not get rid of it completely? Chinese don't call each other "chinks",Jews don't call each other "my fellow scum of the earth" .Black people sometimes be using self-defeating tactics to get back at our oppressors.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by manando1(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Yeah, so how do you explain the 'he so black they had to make the background white' post
100 % racist
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

And they think we're justifying it's usage by that white girl.My thing is - if the word is offensive then why not get rid of it completely? Chinese don't call each other "chinks",Jews don't call each other "my fellow scum of the earth" .Black people sometimes be using self-defeating tactics to get back back at our oppressors.

Yeah, it's being popularized by black musicians and films - even bo AKA. My nigga this, my nigga that. Making it look cool. Now some white kid picks it up and the heavens are falling.

Blame ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by elchapoo: 2:10pm On May 22, 2020
Today you are so white that they had to change the background to black imfao Lmfao
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Sterope(f): 2:10pm On May 22, 2020
These actions are not enough for her to have opt out of the race.
naturefellow:

"She was young". Certainly didn't prove a good defence.

"Should have remained in thought." Social Media makes us thoughtless stupid

At the end of the day, we must account for all our actions in youth or in old age.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:11pm On May 22, 2020
Witbank88:
Race is a very sensitive issue here. A white person can't just use that word anyhow hey.

But you know nigga has no weight in SA. Just as calling Boers Nazi is meaningless. Especially for the kids.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:17pm On May 22, 2020
pek:
Social media should be for adults.

AMEN.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:23pm On May 22, 2020
Minxie:

I don't agree with that. if we accept this as just "something kids do" or "teenagers will be teenagers" then we are telling all teenagers that they can do whatever they want. Remember, we have to change thinking at the childhood level. Just because you are a child doesn't mean you can say hurtful things and claim Ignorance. We have to inform kids that racism, sexism is wrong.

They shouldn't let her off the hook. She was raised in a democracy and she should've known better. She has no excuse.

Ps. just because something isn't offensive to you, doesnt mean it's okay.

Fair enough. I guess an example had to be set, and it had to be her. Any kid thinking of becoming Miss SA/Nigeria someday will think twice now about what they post. Besides the racism, there's also the online bullying and shaming issue which is rampant amongst the youth. That needs to be dealt with.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 2:25pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Yeah, it's being popularized by black musicians and films - even bo AKA. My nigga this, my nigga that. Making it look cool. Now some white kid picks it up and the heavens are falling.

Blame ourselves.

I don't even think much about that word.I don't mind hearing it cause I have used it myself when I was younger.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:32pm On May 22, 2020
merahki:

Self hate mixed with “wokeness” and “understanding of SA racist “pop” culture”. SMH.
Posterity would not be kind to this post.

I love my black skin and cannot stand racism. But not every racial issue can be classified racist just coz it came from a white person. Kids tease each other all the time and the microwave post was an American joke she just copied. Even that school background photo was just a retweet of an old American post.

People should rather accuse her of cyber bullying instead. Let's discuss what constitutes racism before we label others as self-hating please.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 2:34pm On May 22, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnI8JEW7Ty4

"What goes around comes around,ya figure.Now we got white kids calling themselves NIGGAZ.Now tables turned" grin grin grin grin

All the bickering about when should the N-word be offensive dey taya me na grin...

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:36pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

I don't even think much about that word.I don't mind hearing it cause I have used it myself when I was younger.

Dude, I'm going through the thread now and people are coming at you tjooo shocked shocked Apparently we are self-hating. grin grin I'm just saying we need to discuss and be fair with one another as to what constitutes racism. We can't label everything as racist, people's intentions need to be taken into account. Let's rather blame her for bullying and body shaming.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:39pm On May 22, 2020
Martinez39s:
Either "nigga/nigger" is a racist term or not, pick one. If blacks are free to use it as a term of endearment, who then is a black man to tell a free white man that he cannot use the word as a term of endearment? If it's racist for a white man to use the word "nigga/nigger" (when he uses it as a term of endearment), then it's also racist for a black man to use it as a term of endearment. The double standard is such a ludicrous one that only a simpleton will partake in it. Things have even taken a weird dimension in today's world that many believe black people can't be racist. grin

Nice.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by naturefellow(m): 2:40pm On May 22, 2020
Sterope:
These actions are not enough for her to have opt out of the race.
well, she was beyond redemption. Shame!
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:43pm On May 22, 2020
tot:

It's only on nairaland I have seen a black person, an African, justify racism. It's mind boggling.

I'm not justifying it. I'm saying kids have become desensitized to words like nigga because of black popular culture, such as Hip Hop. So why blame a white kid for adopting such language? And I'm referring to the microwave joke she made. Unless you don't get the joke. Only on nairaland indeed.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by JaceBlaze: 2:52pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

Dude, I'm going through the thread now and people are coming at you tjooo shocked shocked Apparently we are self-hating. grin grin I'm just saying we need to discuss and be fair with one another as to what constitutes racism. We can't label everything as racist, people's intentions need to be taken into account. Let's rather blame her for bullying and body shaming.

They are fuming for nothing.But then again that's what people who wake up everyday looking for something to be offended by do.I don't really think we need to address racism.It's been 400+ years - can't make somebody who has been hating you for that long understand.The only thing we need to address is how do we move forward as a race.

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:52pm On May 22, 2020
Ausrichie:
Seun your spam bots banned me for no reason. You really need to debug nairaland.

True! I was banned for 24-hours on Wednesday for posting this thread. Now it's made the front-page. So what changed between then and now?
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TheCountry: 2:53pm On May 22, 2020
Well what goes around comes around
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:53pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

They are fuming for nothing.But then again that's what people who wake up everyday looking for something to be offended by do.I don't really think we need to address racism.It's been 400+ years - can't make somebody who has been hating you for that long understand.The only thing we need to address is how do we move forward as a race.

Yeah, let's focus on ourselves.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 2:58pm On May 22, 2020
koyyes:
grin grin grin ;

The racism in SA in epic. Stupid black people allowed some whites to enter their country and rule them. Pity.

The Chinese are coming for Nigeria full throttle.

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by MorataFC: 2:59pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

It's like how a bomb will count down to 00:00 in the movies. So the guy (a cool "nigga"wink won't take that chance of allowing the microwave timer to get to 00:00. At least that's how I interpreted it.
hmmm
Thanks
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Lionessza6(f): 3:04pm On May 22, 2020
JaceBlaze:

As it should be.It's a shameful history on their part,I mean there can never be a justification for killing someone just because he doesn't look like you.Same in Germany, I hear they hate being reminded of Hitler.

That's great wink.

& again the girl didn't get the spotlight * because of the Nigga post wink, that post only recieved reactions after her other tweets were dug up wink. I don't think black SA would have reacted the same if it were just that post& people here know that but I wonder why they are dead set on twisting the story grin grin. Maybe the word Nigga excites some ,dont know why black* people are so excited over the use of that word grin. One would swear we have a lot of people who have always wanted to say it out loud grin....like nigga d'ick grin, I know only white males who get excited over that grin
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by tot(f): 3:07pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

I'm not justifying it. I'm saying kids have become desensitized to words like nigga because of black popular culture, such as Hip Hop. So why blame a white kid for adopting such language? And I'm referring to the microwave joke she made. Unless you don't get the joke. Only on nairaland indeed.

Whether kids have become desensitized to it or not does not make it any better. You should read the comment I quoted in detail, maybe then you would get it. Ciao.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Lionessza6(f): 3:15pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:

LMFAO, tell us about her history of bullying black kids at school, was that learnt from hip-hop culture as well? grin grin. & her other posts as well, maybe she was just being a typical white teen ,hey ? grin
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 3:15pm On May 22, 2020
tot:

Whether kids have become desensitized to it or not does not make it any better. You should read the comment I quoted in detail, maybe then you would get it. Ciao.

Au revoir.
Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by Memberclub(m): 3:17pm On May 22, 2020
TMKsouth:
Is there a difference between Nigga and Nigger? Coz Nigga is common among the youth.
black write nigga. Racist write niggers or joggers

1 Like

Re: Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets by TMKsouth: 3:18pm On May 22, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, tell us about her history of bullying black kids at school, was that learnt from hip-hop culture as well? grin

Show us those posts and prove that she didn't bully white kids too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

5 Main Habits That Make Your Boobs Sag & How To Correct / As Seen In Delta, Is This Fashion Or Madness? / Natasha Crown: I Want To Have The World’s Biggest Bum"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.