Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals (41597 Views)

Chinese Doctors Have Started Working In Isolation Centres –Lai Mohammed / Abia Isolation Centres In Poor State – Resident Doctors / FG Converts NYSC Camps, Stadia To Coronavirus Isolation Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by jossykido(m): 12:04pm On May 22, 2020
why won't they be dancing when they have all received the credit alert for a job well done
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by BigTableShaker(f): 12:06pm On May 22, 2020
fuckers
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by styless(f): 12:06pm On May 22, 2020
I doubt if any covid-19 patient in Nigeria has ever needed to be put on a ventilator...i doubt.

Nigerians are tough people...we don't show coro pepper
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by judgementyard(m): 12:06pm On May 22, 2020
Covid 19 .
It's real.
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by mu2sa2: 12:07pm On May 22, 2020
lekbel09:
That was before the 2015 general elections
So elections determine whether you are happy or not! Maybe you're a politician.
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by franconian: 12:07pm On May 22, 2020
There have been some reports of healed patients testing positive again, so surviving a one-time infection may not confer immunity on a person.

With the way they are dancing together, will they not keep reinfecting themselves. I mean a patient may have successfully cleared the virus before the next test is done, but gets reinfected because he's dancing with the virus (other patients)

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by obailala(m): 12:07pm On May 22, 2020
But this should be obvious to anyone with common sense. But like they say, brain is scarce in Nigeria. After all I've seen several people dive raw into prostitutes with the justification that "she doesnt look like she carries a disease".

2 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by berrystunn(m): 12:09pm On May 22, 2020
Story
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by IgweBUIKE1(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2020
nobody dance when they are sick...even the small typhoid I had ...my body know how far..all this one on nairaland forming govt advocate or over intelligent illiterate,watch CNN and see real isolation centre

2 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:18pm On May 22, 2020
their yansh don blow open dem dey find how to cover am up.

grin

Ncdc, I hail ooooo angry

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Eryyy92: 12:20pm On May 22, 2020
[img][/img][img][/img]

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 22, 2020
olaboy33:
Announce the drugs you administer publicity and Let those that are asymptomatic isolate at home and treat themselves.

Admit this with only severe cases.

That way, the system won't be overwhelmed.

So u think an average Nigerian that doesn't believe the virus exist will agree to isolate at home even when he doesn't show any symptoms. The Benue index case kept saying she doesn't have the virus because she doesn't show any symptoms even when tests reveal she has it. Is that the kind of person u will tell to go and isolate at home? U know quite sure she won't adhere.

Yesterday evening there was serious traffic congestion on my street such that both lanes were blocked and no car was moving. What was the reason? Because some stupid drivers are not patient and decided to follow one way. When one person does that the next person will do and before u say Jack cars moving on one lane have occupied both lanes leaving no space for upcoming cars to pass and there's a T junction about 1km away. There was basically no movement, all man had to turn off their engine. Why? Because some stupid drivers thought they are wise (meanwhile they are idiots) and didn't want to spend 20-30 mins in traffic they ended up congesting the whole road, at the end they spent more than 3 hours. Tell me is that the kind of people u will ask to self isolate when not showing any symptoms? The funny thing is those people when they go abroad they comply with every rules, they drive like human beings, they do as they are told, but back here they turn to animals n But to be frank in the end this night be the case if isolation centers get overwhelmed. We should brace up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Flairoqy(m): 12:23pm On May 22, 2020
Real covid-19 patients are prone to have issues with breathing, best believe they're supposed to be laid faced down to enable free flow of air into their lungs (there's medical explanation for what I'm trying to imply). So patients dancing means they've fully recovered from the illness or are not ill at all. At least 40% of Nigerians are not illiterates

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by sisisioge: 12:25pm On May 22, 2020
seunlayi:
Actually, those with better sense of reasoning already understood what is going on in that isolation ward. They need it especially those with less severe symptoms to keep fit, better morale, kill boredom, ETC. I am sure the day Ncdc decides to show those in critical condition, many will be amazed. Nine patients died yesterday and I am sure many others are in critical condition. But those misleading people won't see/say something about this.

Thanks mod for accepting to put this on FP to balance the report

Oseunlayi! Its that simple!

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Mcreloaded(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2020
All of a sudden malaria does not kill again.
The good news is that there is free malaria and typhoid treatment through NCDC isolation centers.
Nice job by Nigerian government treating malaria and typhoid for free with free feeding and no need to pay for bed space.
What a good time to have malaria or typhoid.
Nigerians should enjoy this free treatment of malaria while it last
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Gabbriell: 12:33pm On May 22, 2020
Corruption is like termites inside wooden material, every wood used to support such material becomes infected with the termites.

With the level of corruption in Nigeria, there is no way people won't cash out big time on this Covid-19 pandemic.

If u believe people are not cashing out big time, then u are either ignorant or one of the benefactors (directly or indirectly).

The virus is real though.. so let's stay safe.
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Toxay(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Nigerian COVID

In the United States COVID-19 patients are struggling understand oxygen mask

In Nigeria they are dancing Ogehne Igbo showing that in Nigerians are extraordinary people.

In Raymond Dekposi voice

COVID-19 in Nigeria is synonymous with malaria and that's how Wike is writing numbers everyday in Rivers State.

The corridor lawyer couldn't decipher COVID-19 and malaria since both are synonymous in symptoms

So over 1 million Americans are on respirators now?
Why would you have access to internet and still be this ignorant about something that is affecting your life at this magnitude.
This is quite simple, most people with the virus are either asymptomatic or with mild symptoms, only about 2% are in critical condition and would need respirators.
Also in many countries like the United States, most of the people who tested positive would self isolate at their homes for a particular period of time but that cannot be implemented in this country for very obvious reasons.

I hope you are not too dumb to understand this and also why people at the isolation centers are dancing

5 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by babatundex(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2020
May God help us
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2020
Do you want to play an dance in an isolation centre! Catch coro wink
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Investnow2017: 12:49pm On May 22, 2020
greenhulk:

So u think an average Nigerian that doesn't believe the virus exist will agree to isolate at home even when he doesn't show any symptoms. The Benue index case kept saying she doesn't have the virus because she doesn't show any symptoms even when tests reveal she has it. Is that the kind of person u will tell to go and isolate at home? U know quite sure she won't adhere.

Yesterday evening there was serious traffic congestion on my street such that both lanes were blocked and no car was moving. What was the reason? Because some stupid drivers are not patient and decided to follow one way. When one person does that the next person will do and before u say Jack cars moving on one lane have occupied both lanes leaving no space for upcoming cars to pass and there's a T junction about 1km away. There was basically no movement, all man had to turn off their engine. Why? Because some stupid drivers thought they are wise (meanwhile they are idiots) and didn't want to spend 20-30 mins in traffic they ended up congesting the whole road, at the end they spent more than 3 hours. Tell me is that the kind of people u will ask to self isolate when not showing any symptoms? But to be frank in the end this night be the case if isolation centers get overwhelmed. We should brace up.

Thank you dear. Majority think that all the over 1m active cases in the US are in the hospital. No. Only serious cases are admitted. Majority are self isolating at home and following the CDC guidelines. Some don't even need to take medicine at all. Some need to keep exercising. Majority of cases in Nigeria fall into the mild to moderate category.
I have been watching NCDC and then asking myself "when the cases grow to 10,000 or more, where will you keep them when more than 90% was not supposed to be admitted in the first place?" Can you continue to feed them? Can Nigeria afford the cost? Now to test one patient costs a minimum of N40k excluding feeding and cost of running the Gen attached to the centre. At the end of the day the govt is spending no less than N150k- N200k per patient for the 14-20 days in isolation, can the govt sustain that?
You see, we are back to square one. Admit only those whose cases are serious and critical. It is known that most people cannot self isolate because of their living condition. It is up to the relatives or parents or acquaintances of the person isolating at home to live by the NCDC guidelines. Free the economy, relax all restrictions and let people live how they want to live. Enforce the use of face mask. Whoever wants to play safe will comply with the guidelines, whoever wants to be reckless pays the price. This is not too different from HIV. You can't shut down the whole country because you want to handle a virus which we are yet to fully understand. The costs are unsustenable.
And being a virus that presents only when you test, then don't test. If you don't test, you won't find positive cases. Case studies exist in Kogi and Cross River states. If Nigeria were to be aggressive with testing by now we should have executed up to at least 1,200,000 tests. At that rate at N40 per patient, we would have spent 1,200,000 x N40,000 =. ............ Please my calculator broke down. Can the govt afford that

3 Likes

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by AMINDA: 12:52pm On May 22, 2020
Sadly, a large percentage of Nigerian youths don't read and can barely reason critically. It's called an ISOLATION center for a reason, not an ADMISSION ward. The logic is not only to treat infected people but to prevent them from infecting others.
Covid 19 has an R nought of 2.5, which means an infected person infects roughly 3 people, that's where the exponential growth occurs. The reason why Nigeria's cases are not growing exponentially as seen in some other countries is largely due to this compulsory isolation strategy. The US with the highest number of cases has no isolation center and that's why their cases keep growing. Only VERY SICK people are admitted and that's why we seem to think all Covid 19 cases are supposed to be severe, whereas 50% of cases are asymptomatic and 45% will only exhibit mild symptoms. The remaining 5% are those whom we see in hospitals across the West. This shows that the disease is far more widespread in the US than the official numbers are saying.

For every positive case we isolate, we prevent 3 more people from becoming positive. That's the strategy! The virus has a fatality rate of 2%, that means for every 100 persons that gets infected, only 2 will die. Seems small right? Wrong! 2% of 200 million which is the approximate population of Nigeria is 4 million people! Are we still willing to sacrifice 4 million people by letting it spread through Nigeria unchecked? Take responsibility!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by paul100(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2020
All i can say is if this covid19 is real,it is not as serious as that of other countries like Italy,america,China.
When i watch short videos of covid19 patients in isolation centers in those listed countries above and many more on Al jazerra,CNN or BBC,i feel so sad because i can see the way they are struggling to live not our country way covid 19 patients go jump and dance like person way no sick or is abroad covid 19 different from Nigeria own?.I will like to know
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Olarewaju89: 12:52pm On May 22, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
shut up barawo!!!
na big thief you be
scam virus
Yahoo yahoo virus
Audio virus!

50k per test,
i know you're building an estate in your village
thief!

You will not die young my dear. God bless you for saying this. I know good people are still in this forum. Nice one

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by apexc5109: 12:54pm On May 22, 2020
[color=#] 455288[/color]
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Jayfab009: 12:55pm On May 22, 2020
I am surprised some people still believe in this Association of political criminals(APC) of a government and they are the ones that will be claiming to be smart.
Well, I wish all you 'smart ignorant' people a little pneumonia not covid19 and let's see how you will be able to sing let alone dance.
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by bizzibodi(m): 12:56pm On May 22, 2020
If those patients can be well fed,given a good packages upon discharge many people will fall over themselves to enter isolation centres. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by ekevwe(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
Hospital is now a play ground. Its alright.

Nigeria government I hail ooo
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by nengibo: 12:59pm On May 22, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Nigerian COVID

In Nigeria they are dancing Ogehne Igbo showing that in Nigerians are extraordinary people.

In Raymond Dekposi voice

COVID-19 in Nigeria is synonymous with malaria and that's how Wike is writing numbers everyday in Rivers State

The corridor lawyer couldn't decipher COVID-19 and malaria since both are synonymous in symptoms
So Wike is the one carrying out covid 19 tests in Rivers state?

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by vasco01(m): 1:01pm On May 22, 2020
Kukuma turn the isolation center to club naw

Something like covid 19 isolation club period

1 Like

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Pesuzok(m): 1:02pm On May 22, 2020
SILVERLINES:
cheesy

Nigerian COVID

In Raymond Dekposi voice

COVID-19 in Nigeria is synonymous with malaria and that's how Wike is writing numbers everyday in Rivers State.

It seems comprehension is difficult for you, not everyone that has covid will get ill or show symptoms. Till today, Richard quest still host his program on cnn but he has covid. US has about 1.5m confirmed cases, are you saying they are all hospitalised or on ventilator?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by bejeria101(m): 1:03pm On May 22, 2020
And they just had to display this kind of foolishness and stupidity.
Re: Why COVID-19 Patients Play, Dance In Isolation Centres — NCDC Reveals by Pesuzok(m): 1:04pm On May 22, 2020
meum:
Really

In the video one of them was heard laughing and shouting covid19 a couple of times.

Well, if what he's saying is to be believed then they didn't really have serious COVID-19. It's just mild symptoms that resembled COVID-19. That said, they deserve to be happy because it's not easy being in Isolation in a government facility
What do you understand is covid 19. The race here is to prevent more people from getting covid because it spreads easily and about 97% will survive. But do you know what 3% death in about 1m infections mean.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Commissions Messiah Medical Centre In Jos / Nigerian Man Commits Suicide After Losing Money He Invested In Crypto / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.