Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities (38856 Views)

Arthur Eze Richie Murdered By Onyedikachi Uchendu, Blood Brother- Emeka Augustin / Arthur Eze: Man Assassinated During Visit To Nigeria After 9 Years In Malaysia / Benue Killing: Fulani Blame Hostilities On Government Draconian Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Kinjikitileking(m): 1:51pm On May 22, 2020
Jakemedg:
I don't understand
go back and check his position during that war ,, go back to history
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by chipower: 1:52pm On May 22, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

OP, why make it sound like a community clash

The matter was before the court and the ukpo won! The Nigerian police was with the bulldozer. So, what's the problem

Besides was the man (Nweke) not the same man mentioned not too long ago the one forcefully collecting people's land in Chimamanda's home town

I might be wrong but if I am right, congratulations to the people for getting justice in the law court!

I hope this serves as a deterrent to those forcefully taking people's land

Especially that of the poor!!!

Modified:

And Awolowo will be jumping in his grave with the "omo oni ile" abi

Tell me what has Yakubu Gowon done about the Fulani herdsmen, Bokoharam ravaging and claiming other people's land

Or what will our forefathers had done in their grave if you had given the fulani herdsmen your land instead of your life

Guy, grow up!!! This land clash is everywhere

Let's call evil what it is!!!
You should stop narrating falsehood.

For the purpose of keeping the records straight, the issues for determination at the Supreme Court was not ownership of the disputed land. It was the inability of the Plaintiff to appeal. The Plaintiff could not appeal the judgement of the High Court, Awka delivered by late Justice Obiora Nwazota because the records of proceedings were certified to be missing. In delivering its judgement, the Supreme Court though it ruled in favour of the respondents on the four grounds of appeal formulated, it, however, noted, more importantly (per Galumje JSC), that ''The loss of the record of the appeal is a factor that has vitiated and rendered the judgement INVALID.'' He went further to ask, ''Is there a way of enforcing the judgement in the absence of the record of the case?'' And the clincher, ''... it is in the best interest of the parties to go back to the trial court and sort out this mess.'' Experienced legal minds both in the Bar and Bench have interpreted the judgement of the Supreme Court as not granting any ownership to neither of the parties.
If the Supreme Court had referred the parties to the High Court ''to sort out the mess'' what was the authority relied upon in holding the view that ukpo people won.

The Supreme Court judgement was clear. It rendered the judgement of the high court INVALID because of THE MISSING RECORDS. Consequently, SC directed both parties to go back to high court to argue if there is a way to enforce the judgment or not. ie TO SORT THIS MESS OUT. ie Mess brought about by the missing records.

On what grounds should any party claim victory in this matter?
If you think that Ukpo won at SC, why would the Supreme Court order both parties to go back to the high court. To go there and do what? Play ludo or what? I don't understand. Maybe you can explain better.

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 22, 2020
O
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 1:55pm On May 22, 2020
Kinjikitileking:

he was at the helm of stopping that war ,,
but he took sides ,, ...
but Karma will still meet him
I have heard and read several allegations and counter claims on the TIV/JUKUN issue
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:58pm On May 22, 2020
chipower:

You should stop narrating falsehood.

For the purpose of keeping the records straight, the issues for determination at the Supreme Court was not ownership of the disputed land. It was the inability of the Plaintiff to appeal. The Plaintiff could not appeal the judgement of the High Court, Awka delivered by late Justice Obiora Nwazota because the records of proceedings were certified to be missing. In delivering its judgement, the Supreme Court though it ruled in favour of the respondents on the four grounds of appeal formulated, it, however, noted, more importantly (per Galumje JSC), that ''The loss of the record of the appeal is a factor that has vitiated and rendered the judgement INVALID.'' He went further to ask, ''Is there a way of enforcing the judgement in the absence of the record of the case?'' And the clincher, ''... it is in the best interest of the parties to go back to the trial court and sort out this mess.'' Experienced legal minds both in the Bar and Bench have interpreted the judgement of the Supreme Court as not granting any ownership to neither of the parties.
If the Supreme Court had referred the parties to the High Court ''to sort out the mess'' what was the authority relied upon in holding the view that ukpo people won.

The Supreme Court judgement was clear. It rendered the judgement of the high court INVALID because of THE MISSING RECORDS. Consequently, SC directed both parties to go back to high court to argue if there is a way to enforce the judgment or not. ie TO SORT THIS MESS OUT. ie Mess brought about by the missing records.

On what grounds should any party claim victory in this matter?
If you think that Ukpo won at SC, why would the Supreme Court order both parties to go back to the high court. To go there and do what? Play ludo or what? I don't understand. Maybe you can explain better.

I still insist that the matter is not a community clash

Let the court sought out their irregularities

The demolition took place based on the order of the court

Go to the court and argue it out!!!

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Fatimaade: 2:00pm On May 22, 2020
Legendhero
Metaphysical

Developers fighting civil war
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 22, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

No ..they're community borders, state borders and country borders...I guess Ukpo people having secured a victory at the court want to build a wall to separate them from Abba people...that's how we're gonna do to Anambra state at the Ezeagu boundary

You are highly welcome. Do that immediately because that's what we have been agitating for so long.

Of what use is the people to Anambra state.

Build the border. Fully supported.
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Fatimaade: 2:01pm On May 22, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Bleep YOU Bleep RULE WHATEVER.

Very intolerant they want to abuse but don’t want to be abused
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Fatimaade: 2:02pm On May 22, 2020
AnanseK:

When Biafra to become a reality there will be mutual mass murder and destruction over tiny pieces of unproductive plots of land further constricted by gulley erosion.

I can’t wait
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Nonsoboy4life(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are highly welcome. Do that immediately because that's what we have been agitating for so long.

Of what use is the people to Anambra state.

Build the border. Fully supported.
It will be done soonest because Anambra people are of no use to us except making trouble and struggling for land
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 22, 2020
900warriorz:
cry cry cry Who is this one that stole my FTC

I need compensation oo embarassed

P.S I wonder what Chimamanda Adichie and Aurthur Eze got to do with the HOSTILITIES angry OP
is to attract people it makes the story catchy and I like it I would never had read the thread if not for it
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Edusouls(m): 2:05pm On May 22, 2020
Ndi Anambra have their own god not the ones we worship,
1. Wealth
2.land
3.tall buildings
4.titles
5.traditional ways
6.jesus Christ.
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Fatimaade: 2:05pm On May 22, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
All hail biafuro, land of piss grin

Land of falling sun
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 22, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:

It will be done soonest because Anambra people are of no use to us except making trouble and struggling for land

Do that and stop losing sleep....

Borders are necessary. High walled.

So do it because it is needed.
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Exmilitant(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2020
Angelfrost:
Young people will just wake up, and decide to fight and die over land... Something they didn't create??!... If all that land is sold, and the money shared among them, it still won't amount to much... If the land is fragmented and shared, nothing meaningful will get to them.

How can a young person choose to be blind and foolish!!! Why should elders spoil for war, then sit back with their children, while other people's children go to die!!!
Some of you just comment without thinking. Do you know what it means for other people to trespass with inpunity into your own ancestral land? So if they demolish your clansman biuldings and beat up a old women for farming in the land it is okay with you because you are based in Abuja or lagos? Or you will fold your arms and say, we go die livam? Bros, i will fight to the death for what is mine. Even the israelites had to fight regularly to keep their land.
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 2:11pm On May 22, 2020
mu2sa2:
Nigeria is why self- destructive internecine war has been averted in igboland. They will just kill themselves if left to themselves.
The killer herdsmen / bandits terrorising Kastina,Zamfara,Kaduna ,Niger states are not from Nigeria i guess?

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2020
Fatimaade:

I can’t wait
You can't wait for bandits to stop attacking katsina,zamfara,kaduna

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2020
Fatimaade:

Very intolerant they want to abuse but don’t want to be abused
Who are they?
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Modikko(m): 2:19pm On May 22, 2020
After all these nonsense they will blame it on Fulani Herdsmen
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by incogni2o: 2:19pm On May 22, 2020
softplace:

Intact the region I fear the most is Niger delta, if they go to war with each other it would by rapture

cheesy

What of whats happening in the middle east.

We are fortunate compared to them oh.

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 2:20pm On May 22, 2020
Fatimaade:
Legendhero Metaphysical
Developers fighting civil war
developers ko envelopers ni
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 2:22pm On May 22, 2020
Modikko:
After all these nonsense they will blame it on Fulani Herdsmen
They will blame it on fulani herdsmen ,,,who are they?
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by softplace: 2:26pm On May 22, 2020
incogni2o:

cheesy

What of whats happening in the middle east.

We are fortunate compared to them oh.

Very fortunate at least they are fighting for power . We would fight for labs ,power , natural resources, political appointments

Everything na die

2 Likes

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by PigTormentor: 2:45pm On May 22, 2020
Retarded brainwashed Namdiot Lamidi Coward Cownu will give them orders to stop all the fighting going on.
He's their God, lord and savior.

Better yet, just blame it on Buharia and the "suspected Fulani Herdmen" as usual.

Bunch of RETARDS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Modikko(m): 2:57pm On May 22, 2020
The people know themselves better. Or are you guilty?
Jakemedg:
They will blame it on fulani herdsmen ,,,who are they?
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 22, 2020
Funny enough those two can't fix their communities in Nigeria but are quick to preach sermons in the USA and their host communities in the USA. no wonder Trump made a statement to those Congress women "go back where you came from". We should sanitize our homes for it not to be a shame and used to mock is in the face of the world.

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:07pm On May 22, 2020
Nonsoboy4life:
Juliusmalema why are u guys keen on fighting over land...you fight yourselves over land and still want to fight with Ezeagu over land...if land is scarce for u guys why not come and acquire land legally in Enugu we have enough to go round..make Una respect Una sef
...I heard ukpo fought abagana , all is d fault of Arthur eze ,

Ukpo vs Abba
Ukpo vs abagana
Ukpo vs enugu agidi
Even ukpo vs awkuzu , Arthur eze tufiakwa gi...
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:08pm On May 22, 2020
PigTormentor:

Retarded brainwashed Namdiot Lamidi Coward Cownu will give them orders to stop all the fighting going on.

Better yet, just blame it on Buharia and the "suspected Fulani Herdmen" as usual.

Bunch of RETARDS.
...ewedu grubbler , what brought u here ss/se are discussing

1 Like

Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 3:08pm On May 22, 2020
Modikko:
The people know themselves better. Or are you guilty?
The people know themselves better or are you guilty? lol maybe again i ask you where did the parties involved accused herdsmen or you are confusing them with people of benue, middlebelt etc.?
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Onlyonebuhari: 3:09pm On May 22, 2020
Give them biafra and after 3 days war would have teared them to BIA and FRA.
Re: Abba And Ukpo: Chimamanda Adichie & Arthur Eze's Towns Resume Hostilities by Jakemedg(m): 3:12pm On May 22, 2020
PigTormentor:

Bunch of RETARDS.
Like the people of southern kaduna are doing or benue people having been blaming fulani herdsmen and buhari right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Two Beheaded By Suspected Cultists In Rivers State (Graphic Photos) / 2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics / Nigerian Man Killed In Ghana By Police Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.