Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. (1795 Views)

Meeting Online? What Do You Think? / Girl Attempts Suicide After Meeting Online Lover First Time! Why? He's Too Ugly! / Police Saves Girl From Committing Suicide After Meeting Online Lover First Time! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2011
angry angry
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by misanho: 10:48pm On Jan 17, 2011
* laffn *
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by roymary: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2011
Currently, our various life activities revolves around the internet; learning, shopping, dating and so much more. If i ever decide to indulge myself in some serious women affairs again, I would go for Physical dating afterwards. We could be friends online but dating over the internet is more of fairytale because meeting a person face to face earns more trust points versus the internet.
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by Phate07(m): 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2011

Am not really all that trusting to date someone online. undecided
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 18, 2011
Virtual life is not the truth, its what you make/imagine it to be. At the end of the day, I gotta stick with reality cus I live in a real world.
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by Orton10(m): 3:24am On Jan 18, 2011
rokiatu:

Virtual life is not the truth, its what you make/imagine it to be. At the end of the day, I gotta stick with reality cus I live in a real world.

Seconded!!!!!!! wink undecided
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by koolchicco: 11:21am On Jan 18, 2011
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by UyiIredia(m): 1:16pm On Jan 18, 2011
first >>> dating online predates the IT age >>> since times past lovers have found the means of sustaining romance via means of communication which prevailed dring their period >>> IT age only make it more dynamic by revving up the speed & means of communication >>> long-distance relationships are possible, feasible and agreeable >>> moreso, when there is a concerted effort by lovers to sustain such. one can meet with a person, fall in love with a person and (in the forseeable future) even have $ex with a person online

on the problems of physical dating include the following >>>

[list]
[li]quite constricted by social codes[/li]
[li]the tendency for people to mask their true intentions[/li]
[li] the scourge of abusive relationships (which i daresay is nil in the cyberworld)[/li]

[/list]

another strong plus for online relationships is that they are relatively less expensive in terms of time & money, albeit this doesn't apply strictly.

NOTE: I wasn't able to get the proper link for the 'scourge of abusive relationships' link >>> so i posted an article that's close to what is being debated
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by UyiIredia(m): 1:34pm On Jan 18, 2011
rokiatu:

that's why I Keep It Real. but isn't Life, also, what you make it out to be >>> is not this the reason for different eventualities which plague relationships. Isn't this virtual reality itself part of the real world >>> you aren't talking to bots (the kind which plague yahoo messenger) you know undecided
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by SALady(f): 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2011
Even if you meet a person on cyber space, bottom line you still need to make time to get to know them in person, so in the end, it doesnt really matter where you meet a person.

The only thing I dont like about cyber people is that, there's never a gurantee that what you see is what you get. And as for some of us we arent always good at keeping an open mind about the first meeting, hhhmmmmmm anticipation is a mother f^cker then you end up like this

shocked undecided lipsrsealed shocked undecided lipsrsealed tongue

No I dont want to be this girl.
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by iice(f): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2011
PTBNaija:

I am not completely against initiating relationships online. . . but that is only if it is possible for both parties to interact physically regularly.

To each his own, but relationships started and maintained online can be full of deceit. When you interact with someone online, you have no other choice but to believe everything that they say. You can have your doubts, but there is no proof. You are more likely to meet bad characters online and maintain that relationship than if you see them in person. In person you can at least notice things (weird actions, lies), you can see who their friends are. You know the saying "show me your friends and I will tell you who you are." These are things that are hard to do online.

So overall, I would definitely say no. But if you are in the same vicinity (maybe 30 minutes apart or so) then maybe it's possible.

Ding Ding Ding.

Technology is not the problem. We are talking of humans here.
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by MrsChima1(f): 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2011
I have told people it doesn't matter where you meet the person but YOU HAVE TO EVENTUALLY meet them in person. I know a few people who have online relationship with their girlfriend in Russia and Ireland. They been online dating for 4 years and NEVER MET EACH OTHER. They are so in love. I am like okay. That some bullshit in my opinion.
Re: Debate. . .MEETING online Vs. Physical. by okwabayi(m): 5:33am On Nov 28, 2018
The truth is there is no difference whatsoever. If anything meeting people online is the better option because I can learn discussion skills quicker and imbibe them as opposed to the spontaneity of real life meeting-interactions which I'm prone to forget details as soon as we separate from each other's presence.
I can also increase my dating pool in the sense of approaching different races of women and sometimes learn the subtle art of pickup from a woman's perspective.
The truth is, I can only take so much rejection in real life before I swear off approaching women as a whole. Online is a different ball game as the women present are as abundant as one can draw up strategies.
By the way a lot of men hardly approach women physically nowadays so a lot of females have migrated online for a feel of receiving surplus albeit imaginary attention -- I guess something is better than nothing after all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pregnancy Getting Out Hands This Days? / Dating A Religious Zealot Can Be A Challenge / Guys What's Your Preference A Male Doctor Or Female Doctor For Medical Checkup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.