Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,049 members, 7,852,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:34 PM

Marital Problem - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Problem (3790 Views)

Marital Rape: Indian Court Rules Against Wife Who Sued Husband For Forced Sex / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) / Please Advise Me On This Marital Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Problem by UjuJoan2: 7:36am On May 24, 2020
Hunye:

My mother in law made the arrangements, got a single mother that was in need of money,my husband slept and got her pregnant, she delivered a set of twins after which she was settled with money and she handed the babies over.
I was called by mother-in-law to come carry the children and nurse them as mine but I couldn't. I Know I can't possibly love those babies, they will always be a reminder of my childlessness and that what I couldn't achieve over years, a woman achieved it for my husband in a twinkle of an eye.
To be honest, I no longer love my husband. But he still loves me and making everything possible we come back together.

You didn't even try.

How do you know you won't grow to love them? Children have that effect on people.

Marriage is for better or worse, your husband stood by you for 10 years. He asked your permission before having the children. Some men will keep lying to you while building a whole family with someone else. You know how important having children is for men in Nigeria and you can't affod IVF.

I just hope you haven't lost an opportunity to have your own children.

2 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Vyolet(f): 7:47am On May 24, 2020
Go back to your husband, he is the only one that loves you sincerely.
The other man will be your death, I promise you.
I don't understand how you would leave a 42 year old man for a 57year old man who has grown up kids and has absolutely nothing to lose. He has lived his life the way he wants and he now needs a maid at old age to tend to him, a 57year old grandpa that is not even rich

If you cannot love little babies, how do you intend to love grown up kids?

6 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 8:54am On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

Is it himself or his wife that will be financially responsible for kids she had for another man?
I’d love to see cococandy’s response to this question.

This is one of the reasons I don’t encourage bachelors to marry single moms in this country because the single moms would be expecting you to be financially responsible for those kids (a responsibility of the real father and herself)

3 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 9:13am On May 24, 2020
Hunye:

Why Should I be the one to appologise to him? He also did me wrong, you are trying so much to exonerate him and I feel it's not proper.
Him and his mother wanted a baby at all cost without thinking about the emotional effect it will have on me. Although I understand because he is the only surviving male in that family. His grandfather was an only son, his father an only son, him an only son and all This people are late except him, at a point I was even thinking it's a family curse not until he had those twin baby boys. But I also believe he should have waited a bit, maybe we could have save up some money and do Ivf.

But this other man is head over hills in love with me and I love him too, he proposed we will do Ivf immediately after marriage, we are not married yet, but he's been making contacts with his doctor friends discussing my medical condition with them and seeking for possible solution to my happiness.

Why is it that nobody here want me to forgive and settle with this other man why?
this is all white lies!..what do you except from a lonely man that craves the warmth of a woman!. Men do not love you, stop thinking that they do! They tolerate you, they lust you, and they would tell any lies just to get a piece of you!

but why do women spill so much??! These men don’t need all the informations y’all put out! I’m more worried that a man you’re yet to marry already knows so much about you... this is already a big disadvantage! You’ve lost the game before playing it! So, FLEE!

A man with his own children will NEVER tow the route of IVF with you...what is he looking for? Pray tell! All na sakamanje!

I hope you’re financially independent sha, to be able to absorb any shock thereafter. I wish you all the best in your decisions....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marital Problem by cococandy(f): 9:45am On May 24, 2020
Plead:
I’d love to see cococandy’s response to this question.

This is one of the reasons I don’t encourage bachelors to marry single moms in this country because the single moms would be expecting you to be financially responsible for those kids (a responsibility of the real father and herself)

Unrelated to my statement

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 10:12am On May 24, 2020
cococandy:

Unrelated to my statement
You haven’t answered his question sha. He’s saying if the woman would be financially responsible for the kids then the man might consider taking her back. Since you asked if the man would take her back if she was the one that got a kid from anther man outside.

3 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Hathor5(f): 10:24am On May 24, 2020
Mariangeles:

Move on then.
It seems your mind is already made up on whom you want to be with.
Maybe the purpose of this thread was just to unburden your heart.
Just make up your mind and get it over with.
You and your husband would be fine in the end without each other.

To me, I'd say if only you'd open up your heart to accept those children, you'd realize there's nothing much to it.
In this life, once you've decided that something is not an issue, it is not an issue.
We have the power to decide how things turn out.
In Igbo land, some women who cannot have children choose and marry wives for their husbands so that they can have children for them. I have witnessed such a situation. Believe me, it is not that big of a deal.

These days is people invest too much emotions in relationship.
Never make important decisions based on emotions.

I would choose Cococandy. grin

3 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:23pm On May 24, 2020
Ybaby:

I disagree with you

If she wants he own children she can be me meme just like her husband was me me me.

At 37 still too early to give up on motherhood- failed IVF happens she try's again.

Choose you OP

I guess you do not agree with her Husaband's actions which amounted to sidelining her and dumping her because she could not give birth( contrary to the marriage vows of " for better for worse"wink but you have been on every thread justifying the actions of women who leave their Husbands who fell on economic hard times. Double standards much?

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by bukatyne(f): 12:30pm On May 24, 2020
yettymuse:
this is all white lies!..what do you except from a lonely man that craves the warmth of a woman!. Men do not love you, stop thinking that they do! They tolerate you, they lust you, and they would tell any lies just to get a piece of you!

but why do women spill so much??! These men don’t need all the informations y’all put out! I’m more worried that a man you’re yet to marry already knows so much about you... this is already a big disadvantage! You’ve lost the game before playing it! So, FLEE!

A man with his own children will NEVER tow the route of IVF with you...what is he looking for? Pray tell! All na sakamanje!

I hope you’re financially independent sha, to be able to absorb any shock thereafter. I wish you all the best in your decisions....

You believe a man cannot love a woman?

Interesting.
Re: Marital Problem by Ybaby: 12:31pm On May 24, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

I guess you do not agree with her Husaband's actions which amounted to sidelining her and dumping her because she could not give birth( contrary to the marriage vows of " for better for worse"wink but you have been on every thread justifying the actions of women who leave their Husbands who fell on economic hard times. Double standards much?

Where did I say I donot agree with her husband? Where?

I said her ex husband chose himself and she should do the same !

Choose herself!

2 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 24, 2020
bukatyne:

You believe a man cannot love a woman?

Interesting.
Yes!.......Quite interesting.

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by bukatyne(f): 12:35pm On May 24, 2020
yettymuse:
Yes!.......Quite interesting.

Any reason that formed your opinion?
Re: Marital Problem by Jullima(f): 12:57pm On May 24, 2020
Ybaby:

Choose herself!
Exactly! Most comments here are sympathizing and understanding with her husband for choosing himself and looking for his own solution to have his own biological kids but are unwilling to do the same for the OP. The real reason she ‘loves’ the new man is because she sees him as an opportunity to have her own child, he’s willing to pay for an IVF she and her husband can’t afford. Now, whether the new man is truthful about the IVF is another story.

Personally, you can love any child, biological or not but not everybody can do that and we should respect that and not force people to give love they don’t have. It’s not fair on the children.

8 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Ybaby: 1:01pm On May 24, 2020
Jullima:

Exactly! Most comments here are sympathizing and understanding that her husband chose himself and looked for his own solution to have his own biological kids but are unwilling to do the same for the OP. The real reason she ‘loves’ the new man is because she sees him as an opportunity to have her own child, he’s willing to pay for an IVF she and her husband can’t afford. Now, whether the new man is truthful about the IVF is another story.

Personally, you can love any child, biological or not but not everybody can do that and we should respect that and not force people to give love they don’t have. It’s not fair on the children.

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 24, 2020
bukatyne:

Any reason that formed your opinion?
it’s a stone cold reality...we’re not ready for this discussion...I don’t like to derail a beautiful thread like this. wink

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by Maduawuchukwu(m): 1:21pm On May 24, 2020
Ybaby:

Choose herself!

All what you wrote inferred it dear. You don't need to use plain words. One can deduce your intended message from your choice of words.
Re: Marital Problem by cococandy(f): 1:35pm On May 24, 2020
Hathor5:

I would choose Cococandy. grin

I’m flattered cheesy smiley smiley smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marital Problem by cococandy(f): 1:43pm On May 24, 2020
Plead:

You haven’t answered his question sha. He’s saying if the woman would be financially responsible for the kids then the man might consider taking her back. Since you asked if the man would take her back if she was the one that got a kid from anther man outside.

First of all I was ignoring HIM on purpose.
But since you plead insists, Let me attempt to answer YOU.

let’s say the woman is going to be financially responsible for the kids she fathers with another man, then the man would accept the kids? That’s all it would take? Damn I didn’t realize it would be that easy. cheesy
Well I can’t answer for the woman since each woman is different. But if women would be financially responsible for their kids from side dudes then all the problem is solved ? Means the issue is the money and not the actual infidelity. That makes it so much easier. Women with money can have side guys and have kids with them as long as they pay for stuff, the husbands will be cool with it . Sweet life.

Now apply this to the man’s kids from another woman. Who will take care of the kids? The man and his new woman? Or will the man somehow expect the wife to play mom/step mom to outside children?

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by Hunye: 1:45pm On May 24, 2020
yettymuse:

Yes I'm financially independent. There are good men that loves dearly more than women. A man that loves you will do anything for you although this times and days such men are hard to come by, but they do exist. I told him everything about myself because I like been honest and plain when it comes to relationship.
Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 24, 2020
cococandy:

First of all I was ignoring HIM on purpose.
But since you plead insists, Let me attempt to answer YOU.

let’s say the woman is going to be financially responsible for the kids she fathers with another man, then the man would accept the kids? That’s all it would take? Damn I didn’t realize it would be that easy. cheesy
Well I can’t answer for the woman since each woman is different. But if women would be financially responsible for their kids from side dudes then all the problem is solved ? Means the issue is the money and not the actual infidelity. That makes it so much easier. Women with money can have side guys and have kids with them as long as they pay for stuff, the husbands will be cool with it . Sweet life.

Now apply this to the man’s kids from another woman. Who will take care of the kids? The man and his new woman? Or will the man somehow expect the wife to play mom/step mom to outside children?

grin

This one pass me.
Bros @Romangalactic please come and answer oh.
Re: Marital Problem by blank(f): 1:54pm On May 24, 2020
Hunye:

Why is it that nobody here want me to forgive and settle with this other man why?

Because he doesn't look like a good alternative/choice. Seems like you will be moving from frying pan to fire. Don't go back to you ex. Let him and his mum take care of his kids.

I wish you could find someone with less baggage than this new guy. Do you know why his 2nd marriage packed up? IVF is upwards of 1m per try. Would you guys be able to save enough from his income and yours?
Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 24, 2020
blank:

Because he doesn't look like a good alternative/choice. Seems like you will be moving from frying pan to fire. Don't go back to you ex. Let him and his mum take care of his kids.

I wish you could find someone with less baggage than this new guy. Do you know why his 2nd marriage packed up? IVF is upwards of 1m per try. Would you guys be able to save enough from his income and yours?

Never knew ivf is that costly tho..thought it’ll be around 500k.
Re: Marital Problem by janvier27(m): 2:02pm On May 24, 2020
Honestly, I would if we had discussed it and I gave the consent. Everything should be about dialogue and consent. If I knew i had fertility problem, I would even be the one to sit her down & ask exactly what she wants or what she can live with. I would most likely free her to leave the marriage if she gave condition of bringing a child from outside anyway and honestly there would be no illfeeling thereafter. Better than staying together and she pretending to be alright. Same for the man. Recently we read a story about a woman who dumped an infertile husband in a manner that appeared cruel. Note that nothing stops a couple to stay happy together without a child. I might be wrong, but trust me it's not about Male chauvinism.
Can you imagine accepting kids your wife had for another man after 10 years of marriage because you guys couldn’t have kids together? If you can’t imagine it, then I don’t see why this is too hard for to not imagine as well.[/quote]
Re: Marital Problem by Romangalactic(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2020
Plead:

grin

This one pass me.
Bros @Romangalactic please come and answer oh.

Hehehehe . Was that meant to be an answer?
Simple question,who will be financially responsible for the child of a wife she birth for another man. Is it the wife herself or the husband,and cococandy is writing article on the role of a nursing assistant in oncology department.

2 Likes

Re: Marital Problem by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 24, 2020
Romangalactic:

Hehehehe . Was that meant to be an answer?
Simple question,who will be financially responsible for the child of a wife she birth for another man. Is it the wife herself or the husband,and cococandy is writing article on the role of a nursing assistant in oncology department.

Her answer is on point and the comparison she made is also apt.

It’s now your turn to answer....
Re: Marital Problem by janvier27(m): 2:22pm On May 24, 2020
cococandy:

Can you imagine accepting kids your wife had for another man after 10 years of marriage because you guys couldn’t have kids together? If you can’t imagine it, then I don’t see why this is too hard for to not imagine as well.

I responded above.
Infertility isn't a disease & no one should be shamed on account of this. It should also not limit the fullness of life depending on how it's handled. Mine could be a Male perspective, I can't help that, but I think it's the truth. Openness and dialogue. OP might have more reasons to have lost the love than the issue of him having kids in this circumstance. I won't advise her to go into a loveless marriage, but if the love is still there, she has a chance of deriving the best from everything if she accepts her husband back and love and accept those kids. Worst case, she and the husband could in addition adopt a couple more kids together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marital Problem by merieam16(f): 2:36pm On May 24, 2020
Hunye:

Thank you But this other man treats me fine and promised me he will go to any length to make sure I have a child of my own.

He is a good man,his only crime is not telling me about his marriage after the death of his wife.
madam, just b patient with ur husband, trust me is nt always greener at the other side.
Re: Marital Problem by Mariangeles(f): 3:08pm On May 24, 2020
janvier27:

I responded above.
Infertility isn't a disease & no one should be shamed on account of this. It should also not limit the fullness of life depending on how it's handled. Mine could be a Male perspective, I can't help that, but I think it's the truth. Openness and dialogue. OP might have more reasons to have lost the love than the issue of him having kids in this circumstance. I won't advise her to go into a loveless marriage, but if the love is still there, she has a chance of deriving the best from everything if she accepts her husband back and love and accept those kids. Worst case, she and the husband could in addition adopt a couple more kids together.

1 Like

Re: Marital Problem by Leeindy: 8:38pm On May 24, 2020
What you are experiencing is your intuition telling you that there are huge red flags that should not be taken lightly.

Do not ignore. Most of the times in bad relationships looking back we can always admit seeing red flags but proceeded anyway.

Red flags that you have seen yourself

1. In a rush to be married despite your current status (Desperation)
2. Hiding important detail (Dishonesty which will lead to future trust issues)
3. Failed marriage in a very short period of time(why?

Another thing to consider...
What will you do do if for some unfortunate reason your plans for ivf do not work? Will you then regret your decision?
Re: Marital Problem by Kollyman: 9:26pm On May 24, 2020
Jullima:

Have you guys checked with a fertility doctor, who’s infertile? Also, this is 2020, he doesn’t have to actually have sex with the woman. He can do an artificial insemination right there in a Doctor’s office.

Also, do you guys think another woman will just willingly give up her kid? Unfortunately, to have children the right way, you have to spend some money for procedures/compensation.

If you really don’t want to go back to your husband, then it doesn’t matter what he wants. There is a legal period of separation that will grant you the divorce. As for the new man lipsrsealed

Why are you ladies always encouraging other women to fail like you?

If your blood sister were to be in her shoe, would you have advised her to settle for divorce?

Pray to God to help you secure a good relationship, then you will understand the true meaning and power of love
Re: Marital Problem by Chimasoka: 12:42am On May 25, 2020
How to Make Avacado Oil For Skin and Hair Quick and Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Sv6zi_BMA
Re: Marital Problem by Jullima(f): 1:07am On May 25, 2020
Kollyman:

Why are you ladies always encouraging other women to fail like you?

If your blood sister were to be in her shoe, would you have advised her to settle for divorce?

Pray to God to help you secure a good relationship, then you will understand the true meaning and power of love
Lol but you don’t know me, if this is your attempt at single shaming me, this is an epic fail.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Middle Class And Upper Class Children / Help Me My Artificial Leg Is Bad / How Can I Solve This Syndrome Called 'fear Of Poverty'? Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.