Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? (741 Views)

Percentage Of Wives That Earn More Than Their Husbands In Nigeria / How Do Husbands In Nigeria Cope When Their Wives Are Abroad? / Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by astonished: 6:55pm On May 22, 2020
WHY DO HUSBANDS IN AFRICA DIE
UNTIMELY BEFORE THEIR WIVES?
A husband in Africa in most cases is under intense tension because he is responsible for: Children school fees, House rentals, Electricity bills, Medical bills, Car fuel and repairs, Feeding of family, Clothes for children, Christmas and New year bills, Furniture & House maintenance, In-laws demand, His own aged parents, His siblings most times, His wife's demands, Erecting Building, Religious demands, Family social bills, Electronics bills, Recharge cards, Extended family bills, Community demands.
On top of the above, he also faces Wife stress/
insults, Boss stress at work, Police stress on the way, Area boys stress, Friends stress, Economy stress, Fear of job loss, Unemployment pains, Children misbehaviour, Neighbours stress, Bank loan payment stress, Enemies stress, Demonic attack stress, Sex stress, and so on!
Are these reasons not enough for all African Wives to understand and give their husbands peace at home? Are men not trying? How can an African man with this kind of loads be romantic like an American man?
Women, please give your husband's peace at home. Encourage your husbands. Stop being sarcastic to them. Except if you like to join the widows club early! Please note, that club is not funny. Ask members. Help your husband. Contribute to the family. Be a helper. Be submissive. Stop nagging. Build your home and marriage. It is not greener outside there. Don't be deceived!!
Help your husband to live longer like you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by IceLip: 6:59pm On May 22, 2020
Only Jah Jah knows
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Jullima(f): 7:02pm On May 22, 2020
Worldwide statistics: Women live longer than men. Also, men are usually older than the women in a marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by budaatum: 7:02pm On May 22, 2020
I think it's simply because in such instances, the husband is usually much older than his wife.

If a 40 year old marries a 20 year old, he's bound to finish his 3 score and ten when she hits her prime.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by lanibi(f): 7:02pm On May 22, 2020
Majority die due to underlying sicknesses while for some, it's the intake of alcohol which only few women engage in.

Also, age factor can not be overlooked as men in marriages are older than their wife/wives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by budaatum: 7:03pm On May 22, 2020
Jullima:
Worldwide statistics: Women live longer than men.
And there's that too, since women are generally wiser.
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Jullima(f): 7:05pm On May 22, 2020
lanibi:
Majority die due to underlying sicknesses while for some, it's the intake of alcohol which only few women engage in.

Also, age factor can not be overlooked as men in marriages are older than their wife/wives.
Exactly! Lifestyle choices too is a factor.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by xendra: 7:12pm On May 22, 2020
so you want to claim you do not know that men are more careless about life than women?

they drink more
they funicate more
they worry more
their mancho attitude and ego makes them bottle too much in, which can be unhealthy.
they are more involved in life risking activities.

I feel for men to be honest, I just wish they would come off their unnecessary "high horse" and just give themself a break.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:13pm On May 22, 2020
this is not a Nigerian problem, it is a WORLD problem. generally, women live longer than men.

what do you expect, we live more stressful hard dangerous lives... in order to cater for these women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by 24kmagic: 7:14pm On May 22, 2020
Are you asking or telling us?
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 7:18pm On May 22, 2020
[s]
xendra:
so you want to claim you do not know that men are more careless about life than women?

they drink more
they funicate more
they worry more
their mancho attitude and ego makes them bottle too much in, which can be unhealthy.
they are more involved in life risking activities.

I feel for men to be honest, I just wish they would come of their unnecessary "high horse" and just give themself a break.
[/s]
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Snaagg(m): 7:19pm On May 22, 2020
This topic has been overflogged already undecided
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 22, 2020
It's a worldwide phenomenon and not an African-only thing.
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Mindlog: 7:42pm On May 22, 2020
They are most times older than their wives, so the chances of them dying before their wives is high.

Also right from birth, females have higher chances of survival than their male counterparts thus we lose more baby boys than baby girls to infant mortality as the girls are biologically stronger than the boys and this is evidence-based.

In Adulthood, the poor health-seeking behaviours in men exposes them to shorter lifespan, they are more likely to engage in habits that are dangerous to their overall well-being but sadly they get their validation from such habits and men also tend to repress a lot things in their lives which negatively impacts on their physical and mental health as getting in touch with their emotions and talking about them is regarded by many as a sign of weakness and being effeminate.

Yes, I do agree that the weight of providing for the family in most homes rests mostly on the husbands and puts so much pressure on them to meet up but we can't ignore that most times even dead beat fathers die before the women they abandoned with their children, making the women become the providers while they go living their care-free life as we also have some wives who were widowed early on their marriage but they still go on single-handedly raise these children to greater heights and most times without support from the late husband's relatives.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Jessicafyne: 8:01pm On May 22, 2020
Mindlog:
They are most times older than their wives, so the chances of them dying before their wives is high.

Also right from birth, females have higher chances of survival than their male counterparts thus we lose more baby boys than baby girls to infant mortality as the girls are biologically stronger than the boys and this is evidence-based.
Even before foetus gets to baby. A female foetus is more resilient. Most miscarriages are male foetus.
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Mindlog: 8:13pm On May 22, 2020
Jessicafyne:

Even before foetus gets to baby. A female foetus is more resilient. Most miscarriages are male foetus.

Yes, I know just didn't want to go that far. Presently, more men are dying from COVID-19 than women which means the XX chromosomes is proving to provide an edge when it comes to the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Femsyn(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2020
Lifestyle
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by michkosi(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2020
Ned nwoko. And Regina who go first die?... My guess AGE.
Re: Why Do Husbands In Africa Die Untimely Before Their Wives? by Nobody: 3:48am On May 23, 2020
The reason I'm looking for a midnight newspaper like myself.

A younger wife go carry my keke give one fvckboy if I die quick. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Once In A While, Do Something Crazy! / Why Suitors Now Prefer Maids For Marriage Than Daughters / Is She The Most Spoilt Child In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.