Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon (1640 Views)

Nigeria Will Disintegrate If Tinubu Is Not Removed. / How Yorunbas And Tinubu Will Disintegrate Nigeria, My Prediction Though / David Dafinone Is Dead! Nigeria Senator In Guinness Book Of Records Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by maupe: 6:56pm On May 22, 2020
By Lovina Anthony
May 22, 2020

A former Senator from Akwa Ibom State, Senator Anietie Okon, has expressed disappointment at the sack of the Director-General of the Security and Exchange Commission, SEC. Mrs. Mary Uduk, by President Mohhamadu Buhari.

He said such an act by the President was a way of laying tracks of disintegration in Nigeria.
Okon, who stated this while speaking with DAILY POST on Friday said people cannot continue to be blind to the issues that have held the country together.

He lamented that the President was not carrying all sections of the country along in the distribution of political appointments in the country.

His words, “the federal government is not doing well. Today I am very angry because a daughter of this state that has served this country as a DG of the Security and Exchange Commission has been sacked.

” I just called our members in the Senate from Akwa Ibom State to rally together and they said they are miffed by the conduct of the man at the helm of affairs. Only God knows what agenda he is pursuing.

‘Look at the Nigeria Infrastructures and establishments, where do you find the Southerners? From the various commands of the Armed Forces-1st to the 3rd level of command is occupied by other people.

“We will say our minds at the National Assembly but what I do know is that Buhari is laying tracks for the disintegration of the country, whether we like to accept this or not we cannot continue to be blind to the issues that have held us together.”
He also expressed disappointment over the decision by the federal government to feed school children at home describing it as an act of corruption.

“This regime is so corrupt that it cannot purge itself of corruption. How would you explain that so much money has been given out for school feeding when there are no schools going on because of the pandemic.

“This regime has become so impuneous that it is feeding school children glaringly out of fraud” he added.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/05/22/sack-of-dg-sec-senator-okon-blasts-buhari-says-he-is-laying-tracks-of-disintegration/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 6:57pm On May 22, 2020
his opinion is irrelevant
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by BranddesignerH: 6:57pm On May 22, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by DrGoodman: 6:59pm On May 22, 2020
More volume pls

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by phantom24: 7:06pm On May 22, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:
Must you make a comment? if you don't understand what he said just keep quiet

13 Likes

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by JAMO84: 7:23pm On May 22, 2020
So she cannot be sacked because her name is Mary?
Since the beginning of his second term, Buhari has sacked:
Tunde Fowler - FIRS -Yoruba
Mohammed Gur - TCN - Hausa
Maikanti Baru - NNPC - Hausa

Muiz Banire - AMCON - Yoruba....

Yoruba and Hausa did not cry.

I AM DONE TALKING

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by kutchs: 7:41pm On May 22, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
It's not just about the same but the replacement. Hausa won't cry because all sacked including Yoruba have been replaced with an Hausa. Why the Yoruba won't cry as you allege is very obvious isn't it?

8 Likes

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by slimfit1(m): 7:42pm On May 22, 2020
Igbo people have problem it's either they are blind or can not get a hint. Buhari is saying to you that you are not part of Nigeria. Aba, Igbo people are like a woman in an abusive relationship, the husband doesn't want to say go, but hoping that she will park up and leave.
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 22, 2020
slimfit1:
Igbo people have problem it's either they are blind or can not get a hint. Buhari is saying to you that you are not part of Nigeria. Aba, Igbo people are like a woman in an abusive relationship, the husband doesn't want to say go, but hoping that she will park up and leave.
Okon is now an Igbo man ? This one is high

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by PureGoldh(m): 8:03pm On May 22, 2020
Dx topic get as e be
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 22, 2020
grin... I thought dem wan Biafra ? Why seeking for Unity now undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by slimfit1(m): 8:13pm On May 22, 2020
Igbochief001:

Okon is now an Igbo man ? This one is high

No Comments
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Boydehot: 8:29pm On May 22, 2020
Supermugu:
grin... I thought dem wan Biafra ? Why seeking for Unity now undecided undecided undecided

When you refer someone by name okon for supporting biafra.
Tomorrow you will come back and tell us South south is not part of biafra.
Are you brain dead.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Boydehot: 8:30pm On May 22, 2020
slimfit1:

When you refer someone by name okon as an Igbo for supporting biafra.
Are you brain dead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by vanunu: 8:46pm On May 22, 2020
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2020
Buhari is a BADNEWS and Plague of Covid-19 proportion..!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by slimfit1(m): 8:52pm On May 22, 2020
Boydehot:

When you refer someone by name okon as an Igbo for supporting biafra.
Are you brain dead.

Are you expecting a reply?
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 22, 2020
Boydehot:

When you refer someone by name okon for supporting biafra.
Are you brain dead.
.... No Brain no dey Die when person dey alive grin
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by HeadShot: 9:27pm On May 22, 2020
Ebenezer2O2O:

Opinion of parasites are irrelevants...
Buhari the king of parasites and tribalism will surely give way one day...

Then a southerner will hand over NCDC and NECO to the north
While... Immigration... Customs.. Police.. Dss..NNPc... DPR... Army... INec... NSA.. Defence.. Etc will be firmly held by the south..
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by HeadShot: 9:29pm On May 22, 2020
Supermugu:

Tomorrow ... You will still tell us south south is not Biafra...
There is no supporter of buhari that is not confused...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 22, 2020
HeadShot:

Tomorrow ... You will still tell us south south is not Biafra...
There is no supporter of buhari that is not confused...
.... HNMMM 5 % + 0.01 % = Biafra grin
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Benevento(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2020
What causes Tribalism? It's Diversity...

If I were Buhari I will also favour my tribe(even more thanBuhari)

Sadly The ones who cry of Buhari Tribalism and marginalization are the root of this national menace.

What is(are) the way out.

Division...... But Nigeria will never break.

This is what happens when you're trying to play smart..... KARMA.
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by RenaissanceGuy: 9:42pm On May 22, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
Why must sacked or retired southerners always be replaced by northerners?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by IGBOSON1: 9:52pm On May 22, 2020
slimfit1:

Abeg, leave Ndigbo out of your rant! We couldn’t make it any clearer that we want out of this evil prison camp called Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by IGBOSON1: 9:53pm On May 22, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Why must sacked or retired southerners always be replaced by northerners?

For two reasons: they believe they own the country; and they believe it’s their turn to chop!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by stonemasonn: 9:58pm On May 22, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING
and replaced them with who?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by slivertongue: 12:35am On May 23, 2020
“We will say our minds at the National Assembly but what I do know is that Buhari is laying tracks for the disintegration of the country, whether we like to accept this or not we cannot continue to be blind to the issues that have held us together.”
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Racoon(m): 12:46am On May 23, 2020
Has Nigeria not been bastardized already by this most bigoted and divisive president.Zombies will still justify it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Staro: 12:58am On May 23, 2020
So true
Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by SouthNigerian: 12:59am On May 23, 2020
How much I'll love this country to remain united and explore her qualities, but unfortunately, she must disintegrate.

I want my children & descendants to explore their inherent qualities, a united Nigeria will only sabotage their growth and greatness.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Tribalism And Corruption Will Disintegrate Nigeria: Senator Okon by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 1:58am On May 23, 2020
HeadShot:

Opinion of parasites are irrelevants...
Buhari the king of parasites and tribalism will surely give way one day...

Then a southerner will hand over NCDC and NECO to the north
While... Immigration... Customs.. Police.. Dss..NNPc... DPR... Army... INec... NSA.. Defence.. Etc will be firmly held by the south..
same thing happened when goodluck was in power when Igbos were given sensitive positions So stop complaining

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Led A Protest In 2014 (picture) / 5 Reasons Nigerians Believe Buhari Is Dead / UGANDA DECIDES : Nigerians In Search Of Their Bobi Wine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.