Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

The Mystery To Success - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mystery To Success (752 Views)

Whats The Mystery Behind Having Sex In A Car & Engine Knock? / Lady Dumpfounded After Meeting The Mystery Man She Has Been Chatting With... / Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 7:48pm On May 22, 2020
Now, there has been so much talk about how Nigeria is nothing but a dream killer.
Many people after having failed in their different trials to succeed now ends up tagging their failure as a result of spiritual entities working against them. Few weeks back, I even overhead a young guy saying things like those who where able to build houses and ride cars in Nigeria must have indulged in blood money to attain such height.

So it dawned on me this night to correct these limiting mindsets of most people.

Believe me, if you are not getting the results, it might not be the devil attacking you or trying to bring you down.
It may not be your Village People.
It may not be your Enemies.
it's possible you are ignoring a PRINCIPLE that others who are succeeding in the same field have understood and is practising.

God's Grace is open to everyone.
Both to believers and unbelievers.
Just like Rain does not fall only for believers nor does the Sun Shine Only for believers.
that's the same way some other Success Principles Obeys Nature's call.

You really need to seek and know the Principles guiding the Industry/Area of your choice.
Don't just walk blindly into an industry, then starts trying to figure out how to Succeed in that Field.
Study,
Learn,,
Grow and become better

OscarSam Cares!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Mystery To Success by ikh777: 8:57pm On May 22, 2020
oscarsam:
Now, there has been so much talk about how Nigeria is nothing but a dream killer.
Many people after having failed in their different trials to succeed now ends up tagging their failure as a result of spiritual entities working against them. Few weeks back, I even overhead a young guy saying things like those who where able to build houses and ride cars in Nigeria must have indulged in blood money to attain such height.

So it dawned on me this night to correct these limiting mindsets of most people.

Believe me, if you are not getting the results, it might not be the devil attacking you or trying to bring you down.
It may not be your Village People.
It may not be your Enemies.
it's possible you are ignoring a PRINCIPLE that others who are succeeding in the same field have understood and is practising.

God's Grace is open to everyone.
Both to believers and unbelievers.
Just like Rain does not fall only for believers nor does the Sun Shine Only for believers.
that's the same way some other Success Principles Obeys Nature's call.

You really need to seek and know the Principles guiding the Industry/Area of your choice.
Don't just walk blindly into an industry, then starts trying to figure out how to Succeed in that Field.
Study,
Learn,,
Grow and become better

OscarSam Cares!!!

SADLY you are missing a very key principle, here it is

IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING THE DREAM LIFE OF MANY AND YOU HAVE NOT PERSONALLY SUCCEEDED IN WHAT MANY OTHERS ARE FAILING AT..... NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO YOUR PRINCIPLES, IT WILL NOT CARRY WEIGHT.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 10:28pm On May 22, 2020
ikh777:

SADLY you are missing a very key principle, here it is

IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING THE DREAM LIFE OF MANY AND YOU HAVE NOT PERSONALLY SUCCEEDED IN WHAT MANY OTHERS ARE FAILING AT..... NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO YOUR PRINCIPLES, IT WILL NOT CARRY WEIGHT.

Truly, there are no two words about your Fact.
But based on what you said, I think it has to do with the typical mindset of an average Nigerian who believes in following the famous ones and not the Real step to Success.
Re: The Mystery To Success by ikh777: 11:39pm On May 22, 2020
oscarsam:

Truly, there are no two words about your Fact.
But based on what you said, I think it has to do with the typical mindset of an average Nigerian who believes in following the famous ones and not the Real step to Success.

Let's go to the BIBLE...

Ecclesiastes 9:14-15 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
14 There was a little city with few men in it. And a great king came against it and besieged it and built great bulwarks against it.

15 But there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no man [seriously] remembered that poor man.

POOR WISE MAN, spent his wisdom helping a CITY... but at the end of the story... he was called a POOR MAN.... not a POOR WISE MAN.... why?

People will not believe or reckon with a person whose WISDOM has not changed their status

By their FRUITS, we are meant to know them.... hence we follow those who have FRUITS(not seeds) of what they are saying....

If you are still in the seed stage... STAY HIDDEN

2 Likes

Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 7:34am On May 23, 2020
ikh777:

Let's go to the BIBLE...

14 There was a little city with few men in it. And a great king came against it and besieged it and built great bulwarks against it.

15 But there was found in it a poor wise man, and he by his wisdom delivered the city. Yet no man [seriously] remembered that poor man.

POOR WISE MAN, spent his wisdom helping a CITY... but at the end of the story... he was called a POOR MAN.... not a POOR WISE MAN.... why?

People will not believe or reckon with a person whose WISDOM has not changed their status

By their FRUITS, we are meant to know them.... hence we follow those who have FRUITS(not seeds) of what they are saying....

So much Wisdom Sir. This has really blessed me this morning most especially the last phrase.

But then, what would you suggest to be the cause of most wise people's limitations in life.
Do you think it all has to do with spiritual forces or they are probably not planting their seeds on a fertile soil?
Re: The Mystery To Success by amrichy(m): 8:21am On May 23, 2020
oscarsam:

So much Wisdom Sir. This has really blessed me this morning most especially the last phrase.

But then, what would you suggest to be the cause of most wise people's limitations in life.
Do you think it all has to do with spiritual forces or they are probably not planting their seeds on a fertile soil?
In my opinion, most GENUINELY wise people are not as desperate or as determined as the not-so-wise people to acquire material possessions, make money, become famous etc (standards by which success is often measured), because they can more easily and clearly see the futility and vanity of such things as a result of their wisdom.
In other words, wise people are not so concerned about the sort of "success" that ordinarily people run after. They are more interested in merely living peacefully while pursuing their passions happily.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 8:50am On May 23, 2020
amrichy:

In my opinion, most GENUINELY wise people are not as desperate or as determined as the not-so-wise people to acquire material possessions, make money, become famous etc (standards by which success is often measured), because they can more easily and clearly see the futility and vanity of such things as a result of their wisdom.
In other words, wise people are not so concerned about the sort of "success" that ordinarily people run after. They are more interested in merely living peacefully while pursuing their passions happily.

I understand your point of view where you see the Wise as being content of whatever they have.

But then, to be Wise means to know it all from the foundational aspect as well as gain mastery on how(a particular area of life) is being played.
Just like King Solomon is known to be the most wisest Man on earth and he still amassed so much wealth.

So to me, a content life has more to do with one's personality and should not really be attributed as a form of being Wise.

For example, some poor ignorant people are still content with the little they have, and their contentious life is not a criteria to qualify them as being Wise.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery To Success by Lordfranklin(m): 8:59am On May 23, 2020
ikh777:

Let's go to the BIBLE...

Wow! More grace Sir!
Re: The Mystery To Success by amrichy(m): 10:22am On May 23, 2020
oscarsam:

I understand your point of view where you see the Wise as being contempt of whatever they have.

But then, to be Wise means to know it all from the foundational aspect as well as gain mastery on how(a particular area of life) is being played.
Just like King Solomon is known to be the most wisest Man on earth and he still amassed so much wealth.

So to me, a contempt life has more to do with one's personality and should not really be attributed as a form of being Wise.

For example, some poor ignorant people are still contempt with the little they have, and their contemptuous life is not a criteria to qualify them as being Wise.

What I said about the wise not being desperate to amass wealth or material possessions is not exactly the same as the reference you are making to being content with whatever they have.
A wise person will also strive like everyone else to meet his basic needs and live comfortably. However, once he is reasonably comfortable, he will not be desperate to keep amassing wealth that he really doesn't need(like our foolish politicians do). This is different from being content with what he has.
Some people are content with being poor not because they are wise, but probably because they are religious or they see such contentment as a good virtue.
Now that you mentioned king Solomon, you will also recall the famous conclusion this wise king made about amassing wealth and material possession: "Vanity upon vanity...". This realization of Solomon is what many other wise people often realize that discourages them from vain pursuit of wealth (which is what many people regard as success). And you should also note that king Solomon's wealth was not necessarily as a result of his wisdom, but rather as a consequence of first being a prince of a wealthy king, and then becoming a great king himself. So naturally, Solomon was bound to be wealthy whether he liked it or not.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 12:37pm On May 23, 2020
amrichy:

What I said about the wise not being desperate to amass wealth or material possessions is not exactly the same as the reference you are making to being content with whatever they have.
A wise person will also strive like everyone else to meet his basic needs and live comfortably. However, once he is reasonably comfortable, he will not be desperate to keep amassing wealth that he really doesn't need(like our foolish politicians do). This is different from being content with what he has.
Some people are content with being poor not because they are wise, but probably because they are religious or they see such contentment as a good virtue.
Now that you mentioned king Solomon, you will also recall the famous conclusion this wise king made about amassing wealth and material possession: "Vanity upon vanity...". This realization of Solomon is what many other wise people often realize that discourages them from vain pursuit of wealth (which is what many people regard as success). And you should also note that king Solomon's wealth was not necessarily as a result of his wisdom, but rather as a consequence of first being a prince of a wealthy king, and then becoming a great king himself. So naturally, Solomon was bound to be wealthy whether he liked it or not.

I Respect how you backup statements with valid facts. it shows how knowledgeable you are in the field of the Wise.

But the main thing I still seek to hear from wise people is:
can we possibly attribute most people's failure to spiritism or they probably are not following the main Principles needed to succeed in their area of pursuit?
Re: The Mystery To Success by amrichy(m): 1:33pm On May 23, 2020
oscarsam:

I Respect how you backup statements with valid facts. it shows how knowledgeable you are in the field of the Wise.

But the main thing I still seek to hear from wise people is:
can we possibly attribute most people's failure to spiritism or they probably are not following the main Principles needed to succeed in their area of pursuit?

More often than not, people do not attain the desired success in their pursuits or endeavours because they fail to adequately do what is required to attain such success and NOT because of some spiritual influence.
Now, the reason why people fail to "adequately do what is required for success" takes different dimensions. Some people may be simply ignorant of what is required of them to do in order to attain success; some may realize what they need to do to succeed, but may lack the determination, discipline and diligence to do it; while some on the other hand may know what to do and be determined to do it, but may lack the skill, ability or talent for doing it well.
So, as you've put it in ur post, we can say most people fail in their pursuits because they do not follow the "principles" needed to succeed. However, you should note that because the human society is complex and the humans themselves are dynamic, the set of "principles of success" that worked for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery To Success by ikh777: 1:34pm On May 23, 2020
oscarsam:

Sir, I believe WE WOULD NOT KNOW EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD... there are many possibilities.... there are many enemies... each man can only know and describe the ones he has encountered and the ones he has heard other people encounter. This is why we should not feel like we know everything.

To answer your question sir... I will humbly tell you.. that PROBLEMS/LIMITATIONS are geographic... In the bible, specifically in the book of DANIEL... the principality in charge of the problems of that empire was called THE PRINCE OF PERSIA, but after he was defeated the PRINCE OF GREECIA came to rule... and Greece became a world power.... taking over PERSIA. Hence, that shows us that PRINCES are PRINCIPALITIES RULES OVER A REGION so that means there is a PRINCE OF NIGERIA, PRINCE OF EGYPT, and so on.

What we call geography on earth, is what the spirit realm calls TERRITORY. So there are territorial spirits, that have dominion over geographical regions and whatever happens within them... Now let me bring it home to naija...
The principality in charge of ABUJA.... ensures that the money flows to a point it brings men to slavery... they make and spend the money in ABUJA never able to spend it outside Abuja, and promiscuity increases...
The principality in charge of EDO state... ensures the youths are HIGHLY SEXUALLY CHARGED and some that are even skilled but broke, Spiritual Laziness is also there because there are few men of God there but MANY gods of men who are ever ready to tell you that your problem is from the village grin grin ... The lust for MONEY AND WOMEN is the order of the day.
The principality in charge of DELTA state is only after MONEY and POWER, yet sex is there but POWER IS MORE IMPORTANT TO A DELTA person.
Principality for LAGOS ensure the people are hustlers for MONEY, FAME and GAIN at all cost. And only INTELLIGENT SPIRITUALITY is supported even when there is absence of raw power, hence they explain every problem by scientific statistical reasoning grin lol.

I can go on and on. So how does this work in the light of your question, Once a person gets into any one of these states... if they are not spiritually sensitive to guard their minds.....they begin to THINK ON THESE THINGS that the principalities in charge are doing. So you will call it a MINDSET but a principality is responsible for it. However some people with a strong mind can travel from Lagos to Edo state and hustle and make money without being carried away by the lust for women or laziness in that state, but they are few, very few.

So it is
SPIRITUAL INFLUENCES
PSYCHOLOGICAL STATE
HABITS
DISCIPLINE

these are the only points that are responsible for limitations in a persons life.
Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 2:13pm On May 23, 2020
ikh777:

Sir, I believe WE WOULD NOT KNOW EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD... there are many possibilities.... there are many enemies... each man can only know and describe the ones he has encountered and the ones he has heard other people encounter. This is why we should not feel like we know everything.

To answer your question sir... I will humbly tell you.. that PROBLEMS/LIMITATIONS are geographic... In the bible, specifically in the book of DANIEL... the principality in charge of the problems of that empire was called THE PRINCE OF PERSIA, but after he was defeated the PRINCE OF GREECIA came to rule... and Greece became a world power.... taking over PERSIA. Hence, that shows us that PRINCES are PRINCIPALITIES RULES OVER A REGION so that means there is a PRINCE OF NIGERIA, PRINCE OF EGYPT, and so on.

What we call geography on earth, is what the spirit realm calls TERRITORY. So there are territorial spirits, that have dominion over geographical regions and whatever happens within them... Now let me bring it home to naija...
The principality in charge of ABUJA.... ensures that the money flows to a point it brings men to slavery... they make and spend the money in ABUJA never able to spend it outside Abuja, and promiscuity increases...
The principality in charge of EDO state... ensures the youths are HIGHLY SEXUALLY CHARGED and some that are even skilled but broke, Spiritual Laziness is also there because there are few men of God there but MANY gods of men who are ever ready to tell you that your problem is from the village grin grin ... The lust for MONEY AND WOMEN is the order of the day.
The principality in charge of DELTA state is only after MONEY and POWER, yet sex is there but POWER IS MORE IMPORTANT TO A DELTA person.
Principality for LAGOS ensure the people are hustlers for MONEY, FAME and GAIN at all cost. And only INTELLIGENT SPIRITUALITY is supported even when there is absence of raw power, hence they explain every problem by scientific statistical reasoning grin lol.

I can go on and on. So how does this work in the light of your question, Once a person gets into any one of these states... if they are not spiritually sensitive to guard their minds.....they begin to THINK ON THESE THINGS that the principalities in charge are doing. So you will call it a MINDSET but a principality is responsible for it. However some people with a strong mind can travel from Lagos to Edo state and hustle and make money without being carried away by the lust for women or laziness in that state, but they are few, very few.

So it is
SPIRITUAL INFLUENCES
PSYCHOLOGICAL STATE
HABITS
DISCIPLINE

these are the only points that are responsible for limitations in a persons life.

Nice Perspective Sir. But going by your view of spiritual forces determining how people behave in a particular territory, it has always been known for every geographical entity to have a particular system of lifestyle/Culture that differentiates them from others.
Now to me, what you termed as spiritual forces/Princes regulating the behavioural approach of Men is not a valid point since there are no proven facts to back it up.
To me, it all has to do with people's Mindset. like it's already known that people in this part of the World(Nigeria) are highly influenced by Societal methodology. for example, when a Man gets to a certain age in life where most of his mates are already getting married, he will also be pressurized to get married too due to societal pressure and may not really be that he is prepared for marriage.

Also using Nigeria as a case study, I don't believe some strange/spiritual powers are influencing our leaders to always make wrong decisions thereby putting this Great Country in its Poor State. However, the major reason(s) why we are not progressing as a country is due to electing Selfish people who's major aim for power is to accumulate more wealth through stolen funds or any means possible not minding it's effect on the economy.

I believe, if we have leaders who are self discipline, learned in political matters as well as open to people's views and not be selfish, tribalistic/bigotry in nature, we would have been far better than what we are experiencing today.

So, I do not conform to your theory of spiritual forces regulating how people/Societies behave. Rather, it all has to do with how learned, prepared and self disciplined one is before indulging in any area of life.
Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 2:15pm On May 23, 2020
amrichy:

More often than not, people do not attain the desired success in their pursuits or endeavours because they fail to adequately do what is required to attain such success and NOT because of some spiritual influence.
Now, the reason why people fail to "adequately do what is required for success" takes different dimensions. Some people may be simply ignorant of what is required of them to do in order to attain success; some may realize what they need to do to succeed, but may lack the determination, discipline and diligence to do it; while some on the other hand may know what to do and be determined to do it, but may lack the skill, ability or talent for doing it well.
So, as you've put it in ur post, we can say most people fail in their pursuits because they do not follow the "principles" needed to succeed. However, you should note that because the human society is complex and the humans themselves are dynamic, the set of "principles of success" that worked for Mr A might not work for Mr B.

Well said Sir. this has always been my view about life and it's accompanied success.

1 Like

Re: The Mystery To Success by ikh777: 2:42pm On May 23, 2020
oscarsam:

Nice Perspective Sir. But going by your view of spiritual forces determining how people behave in a particular territory, it has always been known for every geographical entity to have a particular system of lifestyle/Culture that differentiates them from others.
Now to me, what you termed as spiritual forces/Princes regulating the behavioural approach of Men is not a valid point since there are no proven facts to back it up.
To me, it all has to do with people's Mindset. like it's already known that people in this part of the World(Nigeria) are highly influenced by Societal methodology. for example, when a Man gets to a certain age in life where most of his mates are already getting married, he will also be pressurized to get married too due to societal pressure and may not really be that he is prepared for marriage.

Also using Nigeria as a case study, I don't believe some strange/spiritual powers are influencing our leaders to always make wrong decisions thereby putting this Great Country in its Poor State. However, the major reason(s) why we are not progressing as a country is due to electing Selfish people who's major aim for power is to accumulate more wealth through stolen funds or any means possible not minding it's effect on the economy.

I believe, if we have leaders who has self discipline, learned in political matters as well as open to people's views and not be tribalistic/bigotry in nature, we would have been far better than what we are experiencing today.

So, I do not conform to your theory of spiritual forces regulating how people/Societies behave. Rather, it all boils down to how learned, prepared and self disciplined one is before indulging in any area of life.
Hmmmm but sir,
I am a christian and my facts are from the oldest and most infallible book on earth called the bible not just my personal experiences.

I can not begin to show you what you are not ready to see... how Nigeria is already an Islamic state and how occultic islam can be... because it is our very own news media that has exposed these simple facts for years but many do not want to see it....

UNTIL you have tried all the books you have read on success and on principles of personal development and still can not seem to make tangible headway... THEN YOU WOULD BE READY TO BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE SPIRITUAL FORCES.

I do not seek to argue, I have proof and I am proof of what I speak.
I keep an open mind though, but IF YOUR OWN WAY WORKS FOR YOU.... then you may teach others about it.

My biblical proofs have worked for me since I was born again and for many others who are not religious but want a LIFE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS with provable results.

THERE IS NO POLITICIAN THAT IS NOT FETISH.... but I leave that to you to research. There is a world bigger than this world and it the spirit realm.... IDEAS, THOUGHTS, LAWS ARE CREATED THERE.
Re: The Mystery To Success by oscarsam(m): 3:03pm On May 23, 2020
ikh777:

Hmmmm but sir,
I am a christian and my facts are from the oldest and most infallible book on earth called the bible not just my personal experiences.

I can not begin to show you what you are not ready to see... how Nigeria is already an Islamic state and how occultic islam can be... because it is our very own news media that has exposed these simple facts for years but many do not want to see it....

UNTIL you have tried all the books you have read on success and on principles of personal development and still can not seem to make tangible headway... THEN YOU WOULD BE READY TO BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE SPIRITUAL FORCES.

I do not seek to argue, I have proof and I am proof of what I speak.
I keep an open mind though, but IF YOUR OWN WAY WORKS FOR YOU.... then you may teach others about it.

My biblical proofs have worked for me since I was born again and for many others who are not religious but want a LIFE THAT ACTUALLY WORKS with provable results.

THERE IS NO POLITICIAN THAT IS NOT FETISH.... but I leave that to you to research. There is a world bigger than this world and it the spirit realm.... IDEAS, THOUGHTS, LAWS ARE CREATED THERE.

Hmmm, well I think the complexity of life makes it so hard to determine all the different factors that tends to limit Men.

everyone's view will have more to do with their personal upbringing as well as their experiences with life.

Am also a Christian, but believes certain Biblical doctrines/teachings makes some people to limit themselves.
Shalom...

(1) (Reply)

Do You Take Off All Your Clothes Before Smashing? / Do Not Open If U Are Not From Ijaw-apoi / As A Man Do You Think You Deserve A Second Chance If You Cheat On Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.