Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

About the teacher that was flogged to death. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / About the teacher that was flogged to death. (1692 Views)

Emotional Moment Daughter Meets Her Mum Who Was Flogged And Branded A Witch / Nigerian Woman Flogged By Her Family For Cheating On Her Husband? (VIDEO) / Woman Flogged By Her Husband, Flees With Her Children (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About the teacher that was flogged to death. by MSN1(m): 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2023
Colleagues were discussing this incident @ d office this morning and my ONLY contribution was;
The worst is yet to come!.
R.I.P to a very good man, God help the family he left behind.

I have said it countless times to whoever that cared to listen and even made threads on it.
--Nigeria can NEVER move forward with the crops of parents of this generation---
1. A lot of parents now buy andriod phones for their children to do fraud, i have seen a lot sending kids of less than 17 yrs to Ghana.
2. A lot of parents no longer care about where their kids get designers clothes and luxurious phones from.
3. A lot of parents no longer care to check what their kids are doing in school.
4. A lot don't even care about the friends their kids are keeping.
I could go on and on....

I miss good old days!
Now i see y my late grand dad @ 123yrs was always wishing to die because of the doom he saw that westernisation is bringing.

When this generation start, we all will wish to go back to stone age.

--The best any reasonable and comfortable person must do is; TO BRING UP THEIR CHILDREN IN A SANE AND LAW ABIDING COUNTRY-

A lot of morons keep blaming government for their own failures, as if corrupt govt. Officials are not products of ill-managed homes.

I wonder the level of madness the country will plunge into if these generation get into leadership positions, VERY SHAMEFUL.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Benekkk: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2023
Really sad. Pathetic!
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by dangermouse(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
On pointless bro.

Its very scary I must say.
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by crystalmoon(m): 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
See them
Na to dey complain about everything
Oga if you don't like what is happening
You can simply leave the society
And create a world where they will live by your rules
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2023
MSN1:
■ Colleagues were discussing this incident @ d office this morning and my ONLY contribution was;
The worst is yet to come!. R.I.P to a very good man, God help the family he left behind.
I have said it countless times to whoever that cared to listen and even made threads on it.
--Nigeria can NEVER move forward with the crops of parents of this generation---
1. A lot of parents now buy andriod phones for their children to do fraud, i have seen a lot sending kids of less than 17 yrs to Ghana.
2. A lot of parents no longer care about where their kids get designers clothes and luxurious phones from.
3. A lot of parents no longer care to check what their kids are doing in school.
4. A lot don't even care about the friends their kids are keeping.
I could go on and on.... I miss good old days! Now i see y my late grand dad @ 123yrs was always wishing to die because of the doom he saw that westernisation is bringing.
■ When this generation start, we all will wish to go back to stone age. --The best any reasonable and comfortable person must do is; TO BRING UP THEIR CHILDREN IN A SANE AND LAW ABIDING COUNTRY- A lot of morons keep blaming government for their own failures, as if corrupt govt. Officials are not products of ill-managed homes. I wonder the level of madness the country will plunge into if these generation get into leadership positions, VERY SHAMEFUL.
1. For the umpteenth time, what you see today is a product of what formerly was. The "crops of parents of this generation" were raised by those parents before them and so on. undecided

2. These problems you have and see today were not created in isolation. This is the result of the efforts of our ancestors—their lackadaisical approach to handling crime and so on— is what you see before your eyes today. Let's stop running away from reality. undecided

4 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
Even though i don't support murder, but i fully support retaliation against teachers, if you beat my kids i don't care i will find you, and will deal with you. You will fear.
Some teachers are bullies.

2 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by RushManni: 10:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
crystalmoon:
See them

No offence but you just spoke like a fool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Dubetex96(m): 12:03am On Oct 20, 2023
crystalmoon:
See them Na to dey complain about everything Oga if you don't like what is happening You can simply leave the society And create a world where they will live by your rules

your head dey pain u i swear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by DyingFetus: 1:35am On Oct 20, 2023
Parents these days are trying

Once i was a kid my parents used to lock me inside the house till they came back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by MSN1(m): 5:03am On Oct 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. For the umpteenth time, what you see today is a product of what formerly was. The "crops of parents of this generation" were raised by those parents before them and so on. undecided

2. These problems you have and see today were not created in isolation. This is the result of the efforts of our ancestors—their lackadaisical approach to handling crime and so on— is what you see before your eyes today. Let's stop running away from reality. undecided
Bros. U are VERY far from the truth, saying our ancestors passed this lackadaisical attitude to this generation, is just an affirmation that; you are not close to 30years!.
Even if u are 25yrs, u ought to known how strict and no-nonsense taking parents were those days.

It was almost impossible hearing of parents fighting teachers for disciplining their children, reporting about teachers disciplining u sef, automatically meant extra punishments!. Alot of parents even take their exremely stubborn children to barracks and vigilante to be severly disciplined.

Did u know that parents then personally fish out their own children that committed crimes and hand them over to authorities? But can that be said of this generational parents that even support their children in evil acts?.
God bless our forefathers and mothers.

Man, the little sanity we are enjoying iin this country is as a result of a lot of sound morals our late ancetors inculcated in the society.

What you would have said is; Our disobedience and forming woke and civilised, disregarding societal norms, brought all these, not telling me that; The generation of real men and women that strived to inculcate sound values, caused what we are seeing today.

Am not close to 35yrs but the sane society i was brought up in and what i am seeing today,is a complete mess.

PARENTS THESE DAYS HAVE FAILED THIS GENERATION.

6 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by MSN1(m): 5:33am On Oct 20, 2023
crystalmoon:
See them
Time will teach u a lot kid, in a VERY hard way.
Dont bother quoting because; even my 5yrs old half brother's I.Q is far above yours,
HAVE A NICE WEEKEND.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by MSN1(m): 5:42am On Oct 20, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
Even though i don't support murder, but i fully support retaliation against teachers, if you beat my kids i don't care i will find you, and will deal with you. You will fear.
So, from the story u read or which u ought to have read before commenting;
DID U SEE ANY SENSE IN UR POST?

2 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by MSN1(m): 5:45am On Oct 20, 2023
RushManni:

No offence but you just spoke like a fool
Leave them, i really miss Old NL, filled with a lot of reasonable people.
Now any small pikin that could afford data go come post foolishness, Very shameful.

5 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Shijawesss: 6:36am On Oct 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You this gay,you r always offpoint
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by dahmie2013: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2023
Very pathetic...
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Figger(m): 11:53am On Oct 20, 2023
Some silly comments am reading here, kids with poor home training have hijacked nairaland, so pathetic.

2 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
MSN1:
Bros. U are VERY far from the truth, saying our ancestors passed this lackadaisical attitude to this generation, is just an affirmation that; you are not close to 30years!.
Even if u are 25yrs, u ought to known how strict and no-nonsense taking parents were those days. It was almost impossible hearing of parents fighting teachers for disciplining their children, reporting about teachers disciplining u sef, automatically meant extra punishments!. Alot of parents even take their exremely stubborn children to barracks and vigilante to be severly disciplined.
■ Did u know that parents then personally fish out their own children that committed crimes and hand them over to authorities? But can that be said of this generational parents that even support their children in evil acts?. God bless our forefathers and mothers.
■ Man, the little sanity we are enjoying iin this country is as a result of a lot of sound morals our late ancetors inculcated in the society.
■ What you would have said is; Our disobedience and forming woke and civilised, disregarding societal norms, brought all these, not telling me that; The generation of real men and women that strived to inculcate sound values, caused what we are seeing today.
Am not close to 35yrs but the sane society i was brought up in and what i am seeing today,is a complete mess. PARENTS THESE DAYS HAVE FAILED THIS GENERATION.
1. Ok. So where did all the people today who rebel against teachers flogging their kids come from? Are they aliens? Or are they not many of the very same children whom your ancestors allowed to be flogged upandan that turned out this way? 🤔

2. I remember so many supposedly strict parents, as far as back my primary school days in the 80s who did just that. But guess what happened? Those children who were tortured in that manner are today parents who outright condemn the same torture for their kids. So when you are blessing your forefathers , remember to bless the kid they raised.... kids who saw fit to abandon their abusive ways. undecided

3. You are wrong about that actually. undecided

4. I don't know about the first portion of your post at all.
MSN1:
What you would have said is; Our disobedience and forming woke and civilized, disregarding societal norms, brought all these, not telling me that; The generation of real men and women that strived to inculcate sound values, caused what we are seeing today.
But the second portion is apt. What you see today is a result of what your generation of real men and women did. You pretend they did so well but the results speak for themself. undecided

5. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

Nigerians ehn! Una too like to dey lie to una selves abeg! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Olawade24: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
Owoda ware ve afioto mei ria na grin
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by being(m): 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
This very wrong mindset.. A Yoruba saying says training a child takes d whole village.. hw will your child be discipline without caning? The caning u received -- has it killed u? Caning is one of d best forms of calling an under 10yo to order. Grounding and all of that are not as effective..
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
being:
■ This very wrong mindset.. A Yoruba saying says training a child takes d whole village.. hw will your child be discipline without caning?
■ The caning u received -- has it killed u? Caning is one of d best forms of calling an under 10yo to order. Grounding and all of that are not as effective..
So, children in other parts of the world who never experienced this caning are not trained? Do you actually believe that only African kids who are subjected to these caning rituals are properly trained while the billions that are not are not trained at all? undecided

2. It didn't kill many but it sure made many realize caning is not the answer for their case. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
Even though i don't support murder, but i fully support retaliation against teachers, if you beat my kids i don't care i will find you, and will deal with you. You will fear. Some teachers are bullies.
I don't support the retaliation because, after all, that is what the legal system is there for. The parent probably meant to teach the teacher a lesson but it backfired and now he is to be charged with possible manslaughter. undecided

1 Like

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by capnies: 5:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:

I THINK YOU HAVE FEVER
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by being(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, children in other parts of the world who never experienced this caning are not trained? Do you actually believe that only African kids who are subjected to these caning rituals are properly trained while the billions that are not are not trained at all? undecided
. undecided

Who are the billions-- d asians beat their kids ... D westerners that don't- u can see d unruliness of their kids and even adults atimes
Caning a child without abuse has zero negative effect on d child... so what exactly is the issue u pple have with d cane that did u a lot of good?
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
being:
■ Who are the billions-- d asians beat their kids ... D westerners that don't- u can see d unruliness of their kids and even adults atimes
Caning a child without abuse has zero negative effect on d child... so what exactly is the issue u pple have with d cane that did u a lot of good?
Interesting claim you make there regarding Asians. Can you please provide information on where you get this 100% caning idea about all of Asia from? undecided

2. Caning a child WITHOUT ABUSE...Wow grin So, now the Nigerian tradition of caning a child is WITH ABUSE, not WITHOUT. lipsrsealed
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by GboyegaD(m): 6:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Kobojunkie:

On this one, I had no other option than quote you to tell you that for me, you are spot on.

Our people try to pass blame and usually forget that they are part of the problem. People abuse parents of this generation as though they were not raised by some parents in the older generation. We all put in less effort to attend to our issues while waiting for some miracle to do that which we failed to do.
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by being(m): 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
You can be trained in a particular way and deviate from it based on ur own reasons... Like you can be trained to wake everyday at 5am to wash your clothes & grow up to decide that you can use a washing machine instead..but then if u ever feel u need to switch back to washing at 5am, it's in u.

And that's what child training and discipline is about-- to INSTILL it in him-- at a time when he has little or no sense. When he grows to be matured, his senses should tell him to continue in that way.. OR some things/events could lead him otherwise.

So pple are raised well, they on their own decide to drop d bar due to some woke ideologies they got from the West!
GboyegaD:

On this one, I had no other option than quote you to tell you that for me, you are spot on.

Our people try to pass blame and usually forget that they are part of the problem. People abuse parents of this generation as though they were not raised by some parents in the older generation. We all put in less effort to attend to our issues while waiting for some miracle to do that which we failed to do.
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by GboyegaD(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2023
being:
You can be trained in a particular way and deviate from it based on ur own reasons... Like you can be trained to wake everyday at 5am to wash your clothes & grow up to decide that you can use a washing machine instead..but then if u ever feel u need to switch back to washing at 5am, it's in u.

So pple are raised well, they on their own decide to drop d bar due to some woke ideologies they got from the West!

The corruption/tribalism/nepotism in the Nigerian society started from when? Oga, all I can say is that we try to push the blame too much like the way you just did by blaming the ideologies of the West.

1 Like

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by being(m): 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2023
GboyegaD:

The corruption/tribalism/nepotism in the Nigerian society started from when? Oga, all I can say is that we try to push the blame too much like the way you just did by blaming the ideologies of the West.

Of course nobody or generation is perfect..tribalism was probably more in d 70s than now.
But unruly behaviour, disrespect and other vices, that's far more nowadays

1 Like

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
being:
You can be trained in a particular way and deviate from it based on ur own reasons... Like you can be trained to wake everyday at 5am to wash your clothes & grow up to decide that you can use a washing machine instead..but then if u ever feel u need to switch back to washing at 5am, it's in u. And that's what child training and discipline is about-- to INSTILL it in him-- at a time when he has little or no sense. [b]When he grows to be matured, his senses should tell him to continue in that way.. OR some things/events could lead him otherwise.
So, the senses of the vast majority tell them to completely abandon their previous training then.... I mean that seems to be what keeps happening a lot in Nigeria as the people, from young to old, are generally as corrupt as they come. undecided

2. So people are raised well until they grow up and are no longer raised well? Then what real value was their upbringing? undecided
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
being:
Of course nobody or generation is perfect..tribalism was probably more in d 70s than now.
■ But unruly behaviour, disrespect and other vices, that's far more nowadays
The vast majority are religious yet the vast majority are equally corrupt and racist. Yet you think this is somehow disconnected from their upbringing? undecided

2. If 20 children were raised according to this "good" upbringing template of yours and all 20 children saw fit to abandon that template when they become adults, how do you still resolve that the upbringing was a "good" one even with the 20 who you tested it on found it was not good enough to hold on to and even worse not worth passing on to their own kids? undecided

2 Likes

Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by being(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
1. Gud question
Unfortunately that's exactly what happened to Nigerian adults in the IBB & Abacha era.. pressure of a poor economy and bad examples of govt made many who were never corrupt b4 to tilt and d spiral continued from der.
2. Your training, education is your real inheritance from your parents. Parents must still train... it is left for the grown child to make use of the training. It is much worse to not even train at all.
Kobojunkie:
So, the senses of the vast majority tell them to completely abandon their previous training then.... I mean that seems to be what keeps happening a lot in Nigeria as the people, from young to old, are generally as corrupt as they come. undecided

2. So people are raised well until they grow up and are no longer raised well? Then what real value was their upbringing? undecided
Re: About the teacher that was flogged to death. by being(m): 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
And hope you are seeing what the children are becoming and what is happening to the society as a whole
Kobojunkie:
The vast majority are religious yet the vast majority are equally corrupt and racist. Yet you think this is somehow disconnected from their upbringing? undecided

2. If 20 children were raised according to this "good" upbringing template of yours and all 20 children saw fit to abandon that template when they become adults, how do you still resolve that the upbringing was a "good" one even with the 20 who you tested it on found it was not good enough to hold on to and even worse not worth passing on to their own kids? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Celebrate My 10th Wedding Anniversary / Can Already Released Result Be Cancelled By WAEC? / I Think I Have Aspergers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.