Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? (5010 Views)

If you drive in akure,how many litres of fuel will a pencil Camry consume from.. / Corolla 2001( Okereju Owo Elo) Or Pencil Camry / Toyota Corolla And Toyota Avensis, Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Adekunlebright(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2020
I have an opportunity to buy my first car ever, these are the two cars I have passion for: Toyota Corolla and Pencil Camry which one is preferable as a first user. please advice me.
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Osun2222: 8:43pm On May 23, 2020
Bro, it all depends on the amount on you, both cars are good to go
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Mmgboji(m): 11:28pm On May 23, 2020
If you can afford the Corolla go for it just for the sake of a better fuel economy. Otherwise, you can still get for yourself the camry. Both a good car options for starters. If you're going for a Nigerian used of either of them make sure you do your due diligence with a trusted technician. The price of the Engine for either car is on the high side. So you have to really be very careful otherwise you may end up with some sort of car frustration. I'm speaking from my experience.

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by larrypourl(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2020
Adekunlebright:
I have an opportunity to buy my first car ever, these are the two cars I have passion for: Toyota Corolla and Pencil Camry which one is preferable as a first user. please advice me.

Year of production for both cars ?
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Adekunlebright(m): 5:53am On Jul 17, 2020
larrypourl:

Year of production for both cars ?
Corolla is 2005 model Camry is 2002 model!
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Arysexy(m): 7:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Corolla for fuel economy

Camry for ruggedity, leg room if you are tall, and less risky of vandalism.

Still enjoying my Camry envelope light since 2011.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by kaymart: 8:19am On Jan 30, 2022
Arysexy:
Corolla for fuel economy

Have u changed the engine or transmission since u've been using it.
What type of engine oil do u use...?
Pls reply, Thanks
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Dozieson(m): 11:17am On Jan 30, 2022
kaymart:

Pls reply, Thanks

I had same car for almost 9 years. Never changed engine. I used coaster oil full synthetic 5w30 for service or Mobil 2000 5w30

Car is very rugged

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by kaymart: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2022
Dozieson:

I had same car for almost 9 years. Never changed engine. I used coaster oil full synthetic 5w30 for service or Mobil 2000 5w30

Car is very rugged
5w30 is the manufacturer's stated oil but it's expensive.
I use 20w50 cos that's the oil the previous owner have been using. I know it's not the best oil for it after I did my research but I presumed d damage has been done already. I hope engine won't pack up on me soon....If I may ask Mobil 5w30 is over 30k now.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Dozieson(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
kaymart:

I use 20w50 cos that's the oil the previous owner have been using. I know it's not the best oil for it after I did my research but I presumed d damage has been done already. I hope engine won't pack up on me soon....If I may ask Mobil 5w30 is over 30k now.

Lol. Keep using the oil that way. No troubles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Arysexy(m): 11:55am On Jan 31, 2022
kaymart:

Pls reply, Thanks

Using total quartz 5000 for engine and oando dexron ll for gear. Engine Oil replaced every 3months, gear oil every year.

Engine has never been opened. Over 200k miles presently. Used it to travel from Lagos to East and back last year.

The secret is constant change of oil. Two months if you did long distance travel or 3 months city drive.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by sandysaint: 6:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
kaymart:

You are using fully synthetic then. I use Mobil 2000 5w30 semisynthetic and change 2 monthly. No issues.

Where do you get your oil?

I know fully synthetic just got to 29k.

Semisynthetic is now 14k

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by sandysaint: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
Adekunlebright:

Baba buy your Camry Pencil ( 97 - '99). Envelope is 00 - '01. From 2002 is Big Daddy so the person that told you 2002 is Pencil is wrong.

I know someone we bought same time. Different cases of vandalism and issues upandan. My Envelope does not give me issues.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by kaymart: 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2022
sandysaint:

You are using fully synthetic then. I use Mobil 2000 5w30 semisynthetic and change 2 monthly. No issues.

Where do you get your oil?

I know fully synthetic just got to 29k.

Semisynthetic is now 14k
I use total quartz 5000 (20w50).
I last bought it 7500 two weeks ago. Car runs smoothly and engine sound nice but I have read on numerous source about how detrimental such oil is to the engine of cars and makes me shiver.
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by kaymart: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
sandysaint:

Baba buy your Camry Pencil ( 97 - '99). Envelope is 00 - '01. From 2002 is Big Daddy so the person that told you 2002 is Pencil is wrong.

I know someone we bought same time. Different cases of vandalism and issues upandan. My Envelope does not give me issues.
I have the 99 edition of this.
Ppl who use corolla will be telling me that I'm wasting money on fuel.
Is it true that the fuel it uses doubles that of a corolla for same distance covered.
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Dozieson(m): 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
kaymart:

I last bought it 7500 two weeks ago. Car runs smoothly and engine sound nice but I have read on numerous source about how detrimental such oil is to the engine of cars and makes me shiver.

The truth is that most cars of 2000 and below can tolerate these 20w 50 oil. But recent cars will struggle with it because of their cam shaft(vvti) system
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Dozieson(m): 8:19pm On Jan 31, 2022
kaymart:

I have the 99 edition of this.
Ppl who use corolla will be telling me that I'm wasting money on fuel.
Is it true that the fuel it uses doubles that of a corolla for same distance covered.
Lol. How many liters of fuel is your car consuming for 100km?
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by kaymart: 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
Dozieson:

Lol. How many liters of fuel is your car consuming for 100km?
I don't know how to calculate ooo.
But I know when I drive for like an 2hr city driving at moderate speed plus slight hold ups, I use up to 1k.
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by xperiencelove(m): 5:59am On Feb 03, 2022
Both cars are good. Corrola is more recent and has great fuel economy but Camry Pencil or Envelop will outlive Corrola even if you drive the Camry everyday and the Corrola once a week.

Purpose of the car and your budget will determine what you will buy.

5 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Musty4ahmed1: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2022
kaymart:

I also use Total Quartz 5000 too for my Toyota camry 2001. l hardly reach 3000km in three months, how long is advisable to change oil? The price of oil is high now, can I do four months before change?
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Musty4ahmed1: 5:56pm On Feb 06, 2022
Arysexy:
Corolla for fuel economy

The major issue with Camry 1999-2001 is suspension issue, If you can ignore the sounds from the suspension, it's a good car very rugged.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by kaymart: 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2022
Musty4ahmed1:
I also use Total Quartz 5000 too for my Toyota camry 2001. l hardly reach 3000km in three months, how long is advisable to change oil? The price of oil is high now, can I do four months before change?
It's very Ok...
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by Musty4ahmed1: 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2022
kaymart:

It's very Ok...
Ok Thanks
Re: Toyota Corolla And Pencil Camry (envelope), Which One Is Preferable? by adubam(m): 3:28pm On Feb 10, 2022
Musty4ahmed1:
The major issue with Camry 1999-2001 is suspension issue, If you can ignore the sounds from the suspension, it's a good car very rugged.

If you have money replace the shocks with that of Toyota Highlander, Lexus or Camry Muscle and have rest of mind

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Of O/D Botton On Automatic Gear Selector In Cars / Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please / The Brilliance Of The Toyota Pencil Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.