Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts (86454 Views)

Tony Elumelu Dancing With Genevieve Nnaji / JJC Skillz Surprises Funke Akindele With Flowers In Turkey (Photos) / Dele Momodu With Genevieve Nnaji In His House In Ghana (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:28am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

That's your criteria for a good actor? Have you watched Meryl Streep movies? Or Angelina Jolie? Or even Julia Roberts? These are refined and seasoned actresses, Genevieve is not far from that list internationally.
NB: The role all the actors play is not entirely dependent on them, Directors and Producers also have a say.

Just stop calling facts opinion.

If there is any performing art or drama student here, they will tell you this.

It is a fact, not an opinion.

As for Genevieve being not far from Julia Roberts, you must be joking. Julia is a trained actor. What acting training do Nigerians go through? They just go for audition, captivate the producer/director (who equally know absolutely nothing about acting), and boom, they are in our televisions.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 8:30am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Unique style in acting? grin

Then, you don't know what acting means.
Definitely uniqueness is part of acting. What Genevieve brings to a role, Omotola brings in a different way. What Funke does with a comedy role, Toyin Abraham does in a different way.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Just stop calling facts opinion.

If there is any performing art or drama student here, they will tell you this.

It is a fact, not an opinion.

As for Genevieve being not far from Julia Roberts, you must be joking. Julia is a trained actor. What acting training do Nigerians go through? They just go for audition, captivate the producer/director (who equally know absolutely nothing about acting), and boom, they are in our televisions.

This is funny. Theatre arts is taught in schools you know. Genevieve is a graduate of creative arts you know that right? For your information Julia Roberts never received any acting training.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:35am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

It's still your opinion. Your comparison is based on "gesticulations" so we can conclude Funke is better than all A-list Hollywood actresses abi?

Read this:

As an actor, body language plays a crucial role in your overall success in auditions, roleplay and performance. Mastering your nonverbal communication can set you apart from the sea of competition and give you an advantage
https://www.scienceofpeople.com/acting-tips/

That is the importance of gesticulations and nonverbal expressions like eye movements.

Even in your daily life, your eyes and your overall body language communicate varying emotions. Acting is make-believe, and so you can't be acting like a robot, delivering your lines with an American accent but doing very little with your eyes, your face, and your body.

Look at Pete Edochie. He has that same blank face which does not fleet between emotions. It is the same with Genevieve, only that Genevieve uses at least minimal amount of body language.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:40am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

This is funny. Theatre arts is taught in schools you know. Genevieve is a graduate of theatre arts you know that right? For your information Julia Roberts never received any acting training.

Genevieve a graduate? Graduate of where?

As for Julia Roberts, read this:

After graduating from Smyrna's Campbell High School, she attended
Georgia State University but did not graduate. She later headed to New York City to pursue a career in acting. Once there, she signed with the Click Modeling Agency and enrolled in acting classes.

http://www.filmmakers.com/artists/juliaroberts/links/
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Read this:

As an actor, body language plays a crucial role in your overall success in auditions, roleplay and performance. Mastering your nonverbal communication can set you apart from the sea of competition and give you an advantage
https://www.scienceofpeople.com/acting-tips/

That is the importance of gesticulations and nonverbal expressions like eye movements.

Even in your daily life, your eyes and your overall body language communicate varying emotions. Acting is make-believe, and so you can't be acting like a robot, delivering your lines with an American accent but doing very little with your eyes, your face, and your body.

Look at Pete Edochie. He has that same blank face which does not fleet between emotions. It is the same with Genevieve, only that Genevieve uses at least minimal amount of body language.
So in all your dealings throughout the day you gesticulate? Just like you said acting is make believe and body language is also important. You're really the only one seeing the Genevieve's stiff acting to be sincere. So imagine acting a love scene, in what way do you expect her to gesticulate? Throw her arms in the air and roll her eyes? Or you expect Sola Sobowale to act all movies? Because she gesticulates a lot. Pls I'm even tired of this gesticulating criteria you're using to judge. It's rather too funny grin
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:42am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

Definitely uniqueness is part of acting. What Genevieve brings to a role, Omotola brings in a different way. What Funke does with a comedy role, Toyin Abraham does in a different way.

That is approach or interpretation, not uniqueness.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:44am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

So in all your dealings throughout the day you gesticulate? Just like you said acting is make believe and body language is also important. You're really the only one seeing the Genevieve's stiff acting to be sincere. So imagine acting a love scene, in what way do you expect her to gesticulate? Throw her arms in the air and roll her eyes? Or you expect Sola Sobowale to act all movies? Because she gesticulates a lot. Pls I'm even tired of this gesticulating criteria you're using to judge. It's rather too funny grin

Stop fixating on gesticulations.

At least, you saw me mention eye and face even before gesticulations, but you have fixated on gesticulations.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Genevieve a graduate? Graduate of where?

As for Julia Roberts, read this:

After graduating from Smyrna's Campbell High School, she attended
Georgia State University but did not graduate. She later headed to New York City to pursue a career in acting. Once there, she signed with the Click Modeling Agency and enrolled in acting classes.

http://www.filmmakers.com/artists/juliaroberts/links/
It's really obvious you don't know anything about Genevieve. She's a creative arts Graduate from the University of Lagos. As for Julia Roberts enrolling in acting classes in Click Modeling Agency. It wasn't a formal training she received. Her talent was more than enough. Pls get your Genevieve facts right
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 8:49am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Stop fixating on gesticulations.

At least, you saw me mention eye and face even before gesticulations, but you have fixated on gesticulations.
Use of eyes and face is part of gesticulating Sir.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

That is approach or interpretation, not uniqueness.

You actually supported me with this statement. So in other words you'll agree every actor has his or her unique approach.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

You actually supported me with this statement. So in other words you'll agree every actor has his or her unique approach.

Not necessarily.

Differing interpretation in the art does not mean uniqueness.

Uniqueness in arts as more to do with styles, not interpretations.

A student is not unique because he interprets Soyinka differently.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:00am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

Use of eyes and face is part of gesticulating Sir.

Not necessarily.

The word gesticulate is more specific than gesture because it connotes something done with some vigor.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 9:04am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Not necessarily.

Differing interpretation in the art does not mean uniqueness.

Uniqueness in arts as more to do with styles, not interpretations.

A student is not unique because he interprets Soyinka differently.
You're basically defining the word unique with this comment.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 9:06am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Not necessarily.

The word gesticulate is more specific than gesture because it connotes something done with some vigor.

Gesture is a noun, gesticulate is a verb so?
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:07am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:
Gesture is a noun, gesticulate is a verb so?
Gesture can also be a verb, my friend.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 9:10am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Gesture can also be a verb, my friend.
Noted. However, I still maintain your criteria is very flawed. You can as well use Sola Sobowale as your basis of comparison.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

You're basically defining the word unique with this comment.

No.

Uniqueness has to do with personality and character.

Genevieve is a unique person.

The character she is expected to act is expected to have a personality. Except Genevieve acts Genevieve in all her roles, then I will agree with you that an actor's uniqueness is needed in acting.

If Genevieve wants to act Chimamanda Adichie in a movie. If Genevieve's personality (uniqueness) overshadows the personality of the character she is supposed to be portraying, then it is no longer acting, but Genevieve just being herself.

That is the problem with Pete Edochie, especially. There is too much Pete Edochie in the roles he portrays. All the man does is deliver his lines. He never really gets into the character he is meant to portray.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

Noted. However, I still maintain your criteria is very flawed. You can as well use Sola Sobowale as your basis of comparison.

Why should I use Sola Sobowale, another one-dimensional actor?

But I don't really blame them anyway. I blame the country's poor taste in acting. I also blame the directors who like to stereotype.

Our actors are the least challenged, that is why our directors can shoot a movie in two days.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 9:26am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

No.

Uniqueness has to do with personality and character.

Genevieve is a unique person.

The character she is expected to act is expected to have a personality. Except Genevieve acts Genevieve in all her roles, then I will agree with you that an actor's uniqueness is needed in acting.

If Genevieve wants to act Chimamanda Adichie in a movie. If Genevieve's personality (uniqueness) overshadows the personality of the character she is supposed to be portraying, then it is no longer acting, but Genevieve just being herself.

That is the problem with Pete Edochie, especially. There is too much Pete Edochie in the roles he portrays. All the man does is deliver his lines. He never really gets into the character he is meant to portray.
Yes definitely but you should agree that acting skills differ. Yes if the role is supposed to be that of Chimamanda or any other person, the actor is supposed to try as much as possible to recreate the personality. However, imagine Funke and Genevieve acting this role and try to juxtapose their acting. Will you expect them to act exactly the same way? Just like someone mentioned earlier, the Producers no matter the industry whether Nollywood or Hollywood know better when it comes to choosing actors that'll be a good fit for a role. You stated earlier that Nollywood producers don't know how to utilize potentials. Quite interesting of you to say really
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Mosminic(m): 9:27am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Why should I use Sola Sobowale, another one-dimensional actor?

But I don't really blame them anyway. I blame the country's poor taste in acting. I also blame the directors who like to stereotype.

Our actors are the least challenged, that is why our directors can shoot a movie in two days.
I rest my case after this your statement.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:34am On May 24, 2020
Mosminic:

Yes definitely but you should agree that acting skills differ. Yes if the role is supposed to be that of Chimamanda or any other person, the actor is supposed to try as much as possible to recreate the personality. However, imagine Funke and Genevieve acting this role and try to juxtapose their acting. Will you expect them to act exactly the same way? Just like someone mentioned earlier, the Producers no matter the industry whether Nollywood or Hollywood know better when it comes to choosing actors that'll be a good fit for a role. You stated earlier that Nollywood producers don't know how to utilize potentials. Quite interesting of you to say really

Yes, casting directors may know the best fit, but in Nigeria and some third world countries, it has been said that anyone who can go to bed with the director gets the role.

In a country where the movie industry lacks any structure, it is hard to tell if casting is devoid of such abuses of position.

Anyway, that is beside the point.

Even if two actors interpret a role differently, you will still be able to tell a bad actor apart.

Students write about a day they will never forget. They make different versions of the same topic. They will provide different stories written in different styles, but you will still be able to detect the good and the bad writers.

It is the same with creative art. Even if Funke Akindele and Genevieve audition for the same role and act it differently, poor acting will still be detected if present.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by YeribanzavsAfon: 10:10am On May 24, 2020
tammie24:
so how many people give a hoot about your so called Nigerian movies outside ibo land

Now compare that to the audience funke's movies get

You think reasonable people dey watch 'grab your copy'?

Especially now when there are better options?

What? Hehehehe
You should be asking your stupid self how many people watch grin your mgbati mgbati movies outside your Yorubaland. Or you think the yoruba dominated Lagos is the whole Nigeria??
Which audience are you talking about are you daydreaming grin? The last time I checked your Funke got popular when she acted with Osuofia and Aki and Pawpaw, she got famous outside Nigeria for once in her local life with those superstars collabos. I have been to Kenya and funny enough whenever they talk about Nigerian movies and stars its those "grab your copy" stars they mentioned only and with joy and laughter on their faces. People like Genevieve, Rita Dominic, Jim Iyke, IBU, Osuofia, Aki and Pawpaw, Patience Ozokwo, INI Edo, Mercy Johnson, Uche Jumbo, no one mentions your funke and your dung Yoruba mgbati mgbati actors, people that have been to Kenya would bear me witness to this.. Again are you aware there is no Nigerian movie actor that is celebrated in the whole of India as Osita Iheme aka Pawpaw(the king of memes)?.
Your Funke has not even finished competing with Omotola, INI Edo, Mercy Johnson, its Africa's number 1 screen goddess Genevieve Nnaji that you want to rub your dirty shoulders with, this uselessness must stop, Lagos is not Nigeria and whatever resonates with you Yorubas don't ever think it resonates with the SE or SS or NORTH, or better still outside the shores of Nigeria!.
What of when you fools decided to take a risky leap of comparing your village champion Tope Alabi to Sinach what happened?, Sinach hit number 1 on the USA chat all the way from Ebonyi State. Know your mates please and you will have peace of mind.

From the body Language you and your kind even know Genevieve is an Idol cos no Genevieve's fan would ever start a thread that compares Genevieve with any Nigeria actor or actress but you Funke fans must want to compare cos you know she's the "Apex target".
You Bastards should just stick to your Yoruba movies and leave Nollywood alone, you are behaving like someone who spent years in coma that came back to life and everything now appears new to him, you want to rate your Yoruba backward celebrities to "Nollywood" stars that are mostly Igbos because you had an opportunity to have a say in Nollywood just of RECENT.

1 Like

Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Philmoore20: 10:40am On May 24, 2020
Pls is Genevieve and actor or actress I'm confused �
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by zudozz: 11:15am On May 24, 2020
Rahmanjargo:

You're still a hungry kid. Messing you up won't be a tough task. Better be useful to your parents.

Thank u for reminding me that am too old to exchange words with u. But note what I said from the beginning. Funke creation in JENIFA d comedy d illiterate girl character n language and what she has made out of it is awesome. Nollywood icon Geneviv is a terrific actress but she has not been able to create anything like funke's Jenifa. But that does not mean Funke is even in her level yet. Something Funke Jenifer herself even confirmed. But give credit to Funke Akindele for ''Yenifa'

1 Like

Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:21am On May 24, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

You are just rambling. grin

Funke is better than Genevieve. Deal with it.

Keep living in denial...

There's no comparison between the two, one is a senior colleague to the other.

Your argument is not sound, just because Beyonce, Rihanna and some others are one dimensional in their kind of music, doesn't stop them from being top/better artists than those artists that can switch genres of musics.

Another perspective of your argument is like saying because Cr7 and Messi can't keep amd defend, they are not better than those that can keep, defend, pass and score...

The question is what level are they on those one they do best...

Jenifa can't even make nollywood hall of fame if there's to be anything like that...
Can you put that movie in the category of Osuofia in London, Aki na Pawpaw, Ijele, Blood sisters, Isakaba, Things fall apart, My love etc...
You can't even rate it alongside kesari, ololade Mr money, yemi my lover etc...
Jenifa is just like another Mr Johnsons, Tinsel, My flatmate, Hustle etc

I won't reply your mention after this except you have a reasonable fact.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by Rahmanjargo(m): 11:34am On May 24, 2020
zudozz:

Thank u for reminding me that am too old to exchange words with u. But note what I said from the beginning. Funke creation in JENIFA d comedy d illiterate girl character n language and what she has made out of it is awesome. Nollywood icon Geneviv is a terrific actress but she has not been able to create anything like funke's Jenifa. But that does not mean Funke is even in her level yet. Something Funke Jenifer herself even confirmed. But give credit to Funke Akindele for ''Yenifa'
But you earlier said Funke is a better actress than Genevieve.
Dude let's forget about this. I'm sorry for quoting you earlier.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by tammie24: 11:57am On May 24, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

What? Hehehehe
You should be asking your stupid self how many people watch grin your mgbati mgbati movies outside your Yorubaland. Or you think the yoruba dominated Lagos is the whole Nigeria??
Which audience are you talking about are you daydreaming grin? The last time I checked your Funke got popular when she acted with Osuofia and Aki and Pawpaw, she got famous outside Nigeria for once in her local life with those superstars collabos. I have been to Kenya and funny enough whenever they talk about Nigerian movies and stars its those "grab your copy" stars they mentioned only and with joy and laughter on their faces. People like Genevieve, Rita Dominic, Jim Iyke, IBU, Osuofia, Aki and Pawpaw, Patience Ozokwo, INI Edo, Mercy Johnson, Uche Jumbo, no one mentions your funke and your dung Yoruba mgbati mgbati actors, people that have been to Kenya would bear me witness to this.. Again are you aware there is no Nigerian movie actor that is celebrated in the whole of India as Osita Iheme aka Pawpaw(the king of memes)?.
Your Funke has not even finished competing with Omotola, INI Edo, Mercy Johnson, its Africa's number 1 screen goddess Genevieve Nnaji that you want to rub your dirty shoulders with, this uselessness must stop, Lagos is not Nigeria and whatever resonates with you Yorubas don't ever think it resonates with the SE or SS or NORTH, or better still outside the shores of Nigeria!.
What of when you fools decided to take a risky leap of comparing your village champion Tope Alabi to Sinach what happened?, Sinach hit number 1 on the USA chat all the way from Ebonyi State. Know your mates please and you will have peace of mind.

From the body Language you and your kind even know Genevieve is an Idol cos no Genevieve's fan would ever start a thread that compares Genevieve with any Nigeria actor or actress but you Funke fans must want to compare cos you know she's the "Apex target".
You Bastards should just stick to your Yoruba movies and leave Nollywood alone, you are behaving like someone who spent years in coma that came back to life and everything now appears new to him, you want to rate your Yoruba backward celebrities to "Nollywood" stars that are mostly Igbos because you had an opportunity to have a say in Nollywood just of RECENT.
so much insult...
So much hatred

I have nothing more to say to you
As the matter take worry you so make I leave you before you enter market grin
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

Keep living in denial...

You are the one living in denial, my friend cheesy

There's no comparison between the two, one is a senior colleague to the other.

So? Messi shouldn't be compared with Ronaldo because Ronaldo is a senior colleague?

Your argument is not sound, just because Beyonce, Rihanna and some others are one dimensional in their kind of music, doesn't stop them from being top/better artists than those artists that can switch genres of musics.

Music is different from acting. In music, Beyonce is Beyonce. In acting, Genevieve has to enter into the character she is playing. If the character is Ogini, she has to be Ogini, and not Genevieve. If Ogini looks too much like Genevieve, then there is a problem.

Another perspective of your argument is like saying because Cr7 and Messi can't keep amd defend, they are not better than those that can keep, defend, pass and score...

Versatility is not an expected element in football. But an actor who is not versatile is stereotyped. Moreover, football is real, acting is make-believe.

The question is what level are they on those one they do best...

Typecasting undermines an actor's credibility (I have forgotten where I read this). So, why should I praise a heavily typecast actor like Genevieve?

Jenifa can't even make nollywood hall of fame if there's to be anything like that...
Can you put that movie in the category of Osuofia in London, Aki na Pawpaw, Ijele, Blood sisters, Isakaba, Things fall apart, My love etc...
You can't even rate it alongside kesari, ololade Mr money, yemi my lover etc...
Jenifa is just like another Mr Johnsons, Tinsel, My flatmate, Hustle etc

What is special about the movies that you mentioned above? Convince me why they are better than Jenifa or Jenifa's diary? Are they better produced, do they have overall better acting, did they pass a better message across and more unambiguously than Jenifa or Jenifa's Diary? What happened in Isakaba? What is the socio-cultural implications of Aki and PawPaw? At least, I can give you many in each episodes of Jenifa's Diary from child abuse to domestic violence to infidelity to gluttony to the more relatable contemporary issues like fake lives. Every episode of Jenifa's Diary attempts to mirror a societal ill bedeviling our society.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:35pm On May 24, 2020
YeribanzavsAfon:

How explain!

In this journey of life.. no be who start race dey win race... for you saying funke cant never attain some levels is totally wrong... yes Gene has been there and achieved alot but this world is vast for more thing to be achieved.. u dont even know that in some cases na where Gene end na where others dey start and even beat records.... humility is d key word.. knowing d fact that she is older than Gene.. but she gave her.... her respect as a senior colleague. So u aint Jehovah to know.... wink
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by YeribanzavsAfon: 2:13pm On May 24, 2020
IJEYdiamond:

In this journey of life.. no be who start race dey win race... for you saying funke cant never attain some levels is totally wrong... yes Gene has been there and achieved alot but this world is vast for more thing to be achieved.. u dont even know that in some cases na where Gene end na where others dey start and even beat records.... humility is d key word.. knowing d fact that she is older than Gene.. but she have her.... her respect as a senior colleague. So u aint Jehovah to know.... wink

Are you even sure you are mentally OK. I have just asked you to prove to me how funke can surpass Genevieve in movie industry and you are preaching sermon. Do you know that Genevieve had broken into the Hollywood space long time ago? Are you aware that she was interviewed by Billionaire Oprah Winfrey long time ago, Do you know that Genevieve's Lionheart movie was the first Netflix original movie from Nigeria? Are you aware that Richard Quest brought her live on his show on CNN and interviews her about the movie? Do you know that Genevieve was once a Range Rover Ambassador at a time Funke was still wearing diapers in movie industry?. Genevieve might not be a noise Maker Like Tonto Dike and the rest but they all worship her for her unique Queenly qualities. No matter where Funke reaches in life no one will ever place her ahead of Genevieve, come on let's tell ourselves the truth!! Genevieve is like Julia Roberts of America, they do less and win big cos they are a "brand" on their own, its a gift its destiny.
Re: Blogger Compares Funke Akindele With Genevieve Nnaji. Funke Reacts by YeribanzavsAfon: 2:27pm On May 24, 2020
tammie24:
so much insult...
So much hatred

I have nothing more to say to you
As the matter take worry you so make I leave you before you enter market grin

Afonja keep quiet
There is something I've noticed with you people. You just enter a space and want to be seen as the "who is who" in a space that you JUST occupied, while there were people who LEFT that space for you to fill cos it was never empty in the first place!
The fact that fools like you want to compare Funke with Genevieve who's aura and glory have even left the shores of Nigeria and hitting greater heights globally is the height of insult not only to Nigerians but Africans as a whole. Or is it because you people have spent most of your lives watching your unpopular mgbati mgbati movies you now assume that's how the rest of the world rolls..

Do you know that Genevieve had broken into the Hollywood space LONG time ago? Are you aware that she was interviewed by Billionaire Oprah Winfrey LONG time ago?, Do you know that Genevieve's Lionheart movie was the first Netflix original movie from Nigeria?
Are you aware that Richard Quest brought her live on his show on CNN and interviewed her about the movie? Do you know that Genevieve was once a Range Rover Ambassador at a time Funke was still wearing diapers in the movie industry?. Genevieve might not be a noise Maker Like Tonto Dike and the rest but they all worship her for her unique Queenly charisma. No matter where Funke reaches in life no one will ever place her ahead of Genevieve for any reason whatsoever, come on let's tell ourselves the truth!! Genevieve is like Julia Roberts of America, they do less and win big cos they are a "brand" on their own, its a gift its called destiny...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hushpuppi's Story Is On Skysports News! / Man Grabs Anita Joseph Butt In Viral Photo, Fans React / Paul Okoye Shades Lola Omotayo-Okoye: "May God Soften Your Wickedness"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.