Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:12 PM

Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference (27038 Views)

Which Christian Music Do You Play During This Easter? / What's Your Favourite Christian Music? / Guns, God And Gospel Documentary. Should Christians Take Up Arms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by hardon1(m): 2:33pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by MandalorianCree: 2:49pm On May 24, 2020
They're the same thing. Stop making simple things complex.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Nigeriakan: 3:16pm On May 24, 2020
This explanation convincingly confused my confusion
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Johnpaul09(m): 3:29pm On May 24, 2020
Thanks for this clarification.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by frisky008(m): 3:37pm On May 24, 2020
myk2mic:

The father's house-- cory asbury
Graves into gardens-- elevation worship
Touch the sky-- hillsong

1 Like

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by thatsleepboy1: 3:52pm On May 24, 2020
what kanai say
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Franking: 4:10pm On May 24, 2020
All na business las las.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Yankee101: 4:20pm On May 24, 2020
Semantics
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by urchcoded(m): 4:24pm On May 24, 2020
Gospel music is for blacks while Christian music is for whites. Do your research. No matter what you sing if you are a black you never are called a Christian musician In the international audience, you are rather called a gospel musician or songwriter as the case may be. I'm sure only few Know this. Do your research. Racism is even in Christan music. The only way u might be seen or acknowledged as a Christian musician or songwriter if you are a black is if you write songs that follow the whites pattern. For example Hillsong pattern. I'm sure you'll be surprised to find out that all I said it's true
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by ofiko123(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2020
To me, there is not much difference..
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Legendguru: 5:47pm On May 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Therapyken(m): 6:02pm On May 24, 2020
All 'gospel music' is Christian music. But not all Christian music is 'gospel music'.

1 Like

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by WaleRock: 6:03pm On May 24, 2020
There's also gospel entertainment that usually give glory not to God. They're designed for people to have fun, while they make the entertainers and stars rather than ministers.

We must be careful of such songs aren't inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Ferrous(m): 7:54pm On May 24, 2020
Heaven help those who help themselves.

Where is it written in the holy bible?
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Ferrous(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
Ok. Christian songs are not exactly the same with Gospel songs.

Trust in God, yet do your part.

Heaven help those who help themselves.

Only Legends will understand this pics.

Where is it written in the holy bible?
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by DAVE5(m): 8:44pm On May 24, 2020
merryossai:
Whether gospel or Christian music, local man no send as long as e dey glorify the father.

Gather here if you think this explanation is not necessary.

According to op

Gospel music is about Jesus Christ

Also according to op

Christian music is about Christian Life which is also about Jesus Christ

Me:

Gospel (about Christ's life) = Christian (Jesus is the focus of christians)
Gospel music, Christian music; one and the same, different words or rather same word in different phrase

Abi I miss something ni
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by jopretty(f): 9:50pm On May 24, 2020
grin grin
CAPSLOCKED:
NOTHING BEATS THE IGBO CHRISTIAN MUSIC OF THE EARLY 2000'S. THEIR EXCLAMATION OF "UMU CHINEKE" AND CHOREOGRAPHY IS SOMETHING ELSE.

1 Like

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:39pm On May 24, 2020
ikorodureporta:
Recommend current foreign songs to download
press on mandisa
Overcome mandisa
I can only imagine mercy me
Oceans hillsong
Reckless love...Michael smith
Tasha Cobb's songs are also good
Let it rain by Michael smith
Etc
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by mhizsuzzy(f): 11:47pm On May 24, 2020
urchcoded:
Gospel music is for blacks while Christian music is for whites. Do your research. No matter what you sing if you are a black you never are called a Christian musician In the international audience, you are rather called a gospel musician or songwriter as the case may be. I'm sure only few Know this. Do your research. Racism is even in Christan music. The only way u might be seen or acknowledged as a Christian musician or songwriter if you are a black is if you write songs that follow the whites pattern. For example Hillsong pattern. I'm sure you'll be surprised to find out that all I said it's true

But sinach is recognized as a christian singer..
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by Jess29: 12:40am On May 25, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Very incorrect, any CHRISTian music that doesn't preached and practice what CHRIST preached and practice is not a CHRISTian music, what did JESUS CHRIST preached? He preached the Gospel of REPENTANCE, HOLINESS, PURITY and LOVE, your perception is wrong, a mere church goer who have no connection with CHRIST is a mere singer not a Gospel or CHRISTian singer, we have less than 10 Gospel or CHRISTian singers in the world, most of this singers are just mere church goers and bench warmers, no preaching and practices of CHRIST in shown in their lives

You just took the words out of my mouth. There is no difference between both. God will not ask us that on the last day. This are just man made perception.

1 Like

Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by urchcoded(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2020
mhizsuzzy:

But sinach is recognized as a christian singer..
she's only recognized because of way maker. Now way maker follows the whites pattern or what we call CCM. And furthermore she was only recognized when whites remixed her song the version of way maker popular in the US is not sinach's version. A couple of people remixed it and it gained popularity Dy had no choice Dan to put her name there. My point is that someone like Shirley ceaser, Marvin Sapp, Hezekiah Walker and all other great singers that sing the African American traditional style even tho they have great songs that have many streamers and all they are all acknowledged in a different category called gospel musicians and gospel song writers. Is there a reasonable explanation for that?
Re: Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference by mhizsuzzy(f): 7:47am On May 25, 2020
urchcoded:
she's only recognized because of way maker. Now way maker follows the whites pattern or what we call CCM. And furthermore she was only recognized when whites remixed her song the version of way maker popular in the US is not sinach's version. A couple of people remixed it and it gained popularity Dy had no choice Dan to put her name there. My point is that someone like Shirley ceaser, Marvin Sapp, Hezekiah Walker and all other great singers that sing the African American traditional style even tho they have great songs that have many streamers and all they are all acknowledged in a different category called gospel musicians and gospel song writers. Is there a reasonable explanation for that?

I don't have any explanations for it...
I remembered that Sinach won one award recently as a christian singer. I didn't even know they were different (gospel and Christian)

To even decipher the true music needs God's revelation cos some will look so much like it but are not it (matt 16:16-17)
And I am not interested in what I am to people but more interested in what God feel about me. The world may be deceived by my outwardly behaviour but God is not a man and can't be deceived.. Thank you and God bless.
Have a wonderful day

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? / Chrisland School Sex Scandal: How The Devil Catches Them Young / Shiloh 2022: Covenant Highways (Live Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.