Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Loss Of Taste And Smell - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Loss Of Taste And Smell (2028 Views)

Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell / My Taste And Smell Is Back / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 11:52am On May 24, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,

I noticed I lost my sense of taste and smell two days ago, but I feel it started since last week Monday. I don’t know what the problem is though I put salt in my mouth and I could taste it and also pepper but I can’t taste any other thing everything just seems to be plain.

I have tried inhaling fuel, perfume but I couldn’t perceive it.

I am really worried �
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Sandypearl: 12:06pm On May 24, 2020
manuelcc:
Dear Nairalanders,

I noticed I lost my sense of taste and smell two days ago, but I feel it started since last week Monday. I don’t know what the problem is though I put salt in my mouth and I could taste it and also pepper but I can’t taste any other thing everything just seems to be plain.

I am really worried �
My dear,it happened to me recently, only the thought of it,I started having BP. Just buy Malaria drug(Waiper) and strong antibiotic(Augumentin or Beecham),after you are through with it,buy Ginger and garlic grate it,mix with hot water take first in the morning and last in the night,gradually u will be getting better. That was what I did n still doing
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by matrix199(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2020
Why not go see an ENT?
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 12:45pm On May 24, 2020
Sandypearl:

My dear,it happened to me recently, only the thought of it,I started having BP. Just buy Malaria drug(Waiper) and strong antibiotic(Augumentin or Beecham),after you are through with it,buy Ginger and garlic grate it,mix with hot water take first in the morning and last in the night,gradually u will be getting better. That was what I did n still doing

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:47pm On May 24, 2020
manuelcc:
Dear Nairalanders,

I am really worried �

Felt the same few weeks ago.

Loss my sense of small, feverish & always sweating.

Took malaria med & strong antibiotics for 7 days.

I advice you do same !
Do not panic

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Emary(f): 1:09pm On May 24, 2020
You probably all have the milder form of COVID-19. Those with loss of taste and smell usually have much milder symptoms which can easily be mistaken for malaria.

9 Likes

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by destinychildolu(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2020
manuelcc:
Dear Nairalanders,

I am really worried �
this corona virus na bastard. This is what is going on everywhere now

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2020
undecided
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 1:29pm On May 24, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

Took malaria & strong antibiotics for 7 days.

I advice you do same !
Do not panic

This is exactly how I have been feeling
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by scoundrel(f): 2:26pm On May 24, 2020
Good.
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 3:21pm On May 24, 2020
Emary:
You probably all have the milder form of COVID-19. Those with loss of taste and smell usually have much milder symptoms which can easily be mistaken for malaria.

Hmm
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2020
Emary:

Thought as much cos this malaria was so stubborn !

Continued medication even after feeling much better ..
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by qeemus: 4:20pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by yesloaded: 7:12pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Ekejoestar(m): 7:27pm On May 24, 2020
Its probably the virus

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On May 24, 2020
@OP, what about the health of those who live with you, and those who you have been in contact with since about 2 days before you even started noticing this. Please inform them of your predicament and ask them to go get tested if they start feeling sick abeg. Help others while you help your own self.

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by flamingREED(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2020
BUT
YOU
PEOPLE
WERE
ALL
SAYING
IT
WAS
A
SCAM.

2 Likes

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by ghettochild(m): 12:29am On May 25, 2020
Sandypearl:

Wow.. So u treated covid19..
Well thats what is been used antibiotics or antiviral drugs plus antimalarial

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by ghettochild(m): 12:29am On May 25, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

I advice you do same !
Do not panic
Wow it's true this covid is affecting us differently in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by CanadaOrBust: 12:56am On May 25, 2020
Emary:

U said all I was about to say
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by YOUNGELDER1(m): 1:57am On May 25, 2020
ghettochild:

Wow it's true this covid is affecting us differently in Africa

I guess so bro ! Mild Symptoms ...
I’ve always battled Malaria but never had i loss my sense of smell...

Mild symptoms - Cold sweats ! You sweat for the most part of the day !
Feverish - You feeling feverish but not running temperature until night time ..
Pressure on your chest ! You feel like heavy loads are been placed on your chest !

No coughs ! No sneezing !

Self med- Strong Malaria med & Anti biotic.
Continue same even after feeling better!

2 Likes

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Nobody: 3:13am On May 25, 2020
Same thing happened to me early this month. I felt headache. loss of smell and taste, feverish at night, runny nose and weakness during the day. I took malaria drugs accompanied with lots of sleep, and drinking of water. I was 100% ok after 2 weeks. Op don't panic you'll be fine
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by jasent(m): 4:53am On May 25, 2020
manuelcc:
Dear Nairalanders,

I am really worried �
Maybe you have zinc deficiency. Go for proper check up.
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Kobojunkie: 4:59am On May 25, 2020
jasent:
Maybe you have zinc deficiency. Go for proper check up.
Zinc deficiency is characterized by growth retardation, loss of appetite, and impaired immune function. In more severe cases, zinc deficiency causes hair loss, diarrhea, delayed sexual maturation, impotence, hypogonadism in males, and eye and skin lesions
undecided undecided undecided undecided
https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by bjtinz: 6:12am On May 25, 2020
Quite revealing, but not really surprising.

We've known all along that we're most certainly underreporting our cases.

Even in advanced economies that are doing far more testing, we've seen that a lot more have been exposed but were not counted among the cases. Some estimates as high as 5x the reported cases.

To be brutally frank, I really don't think we have anywhere below 1m cases, just that most are so mild that people don't report them.
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by jasent(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Zinc deficiency is characterized by growth retardation, loss of appetite, and impaired immune function. In more severe cases, zinc deficiency causes hair loss, diarrhea, delayed sexual maturation, impotence, hypogonadism in males, and eye and skin lesions
undecided undecided undecided undecided
https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Zinc-HealthProfessional/
zinc also responsible for smell and taste,do more research.
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Sandypearl: 7:45pm On May 25, 2020
ghettochild:

Wow.. So u treated covid19..
Well thats what is been used antibiotics or antiviral drugs plus antimalarial
Lol,my dear,don't know which one is which. The thought leaving my little baby,I had to take my destiny into my hands

2 Likes

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 6:59am On May 26, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

I advice you do same !
Do not panic

I just started the medication yesterday
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2020
Sandypearl:

Lol,my dear,don't know which one is which. The thought leaving my little baby,I had to take my destiny into my hands

Have u regained yours

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Sandypearl: 7:51am On May 26, 2020
manuelcc:

Have u regained yours
Yes,very well now
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by waleyp(m): 9:27am On May 26, 2020
pls tell us the colour of your urine when this happened
martins18:
Same thing happened to me early this month. I felt headache. loss of smell and taste, feverish at night, runny nose and weakness during the day. I took malaria drugs accompanied with lots of sleep, and drinking of water. I was 100% ok after 2 weeks. Op don't panic you'll be fine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Married Man Stay With Out Sex. What Are The Implications To His Health. / Photo: 15yr Old Boy Impregnates 16 Teenage Girls At The Same Time / Best Diet For Managing Stomach Ulcer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.