Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Loss Of Taste And Smell - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Loss Of Taste And Smell (2019 Views)

Recent Loss Of Taste And Smell / My Taste And Smell Is Back / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by ghettochild(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2020
Sandypearl:

Lol,my dear,don't know which one is which. The thought leaving my little baby,I had to take my destiny into my hands
U did the right thing.. This govt don't care oo

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by ghettochild(m): 2:32pm On May 26, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

I guess so bro ! Mild Symptoms ...
I’ve always battled Malaria but never had i loss my sense of smell...

Mild symptoms - Cold sweats ! You sweat for the most part of the day !
Feverish - You feeling feverish but not running temperature until night time ..
Pressure on your chest ! You feel like heavy loads are been placed on your chest !

No coughs ! No sneezing !

Self med- Strong Malaria med & Anti biotic.
Continue same even after feeling better!
Well am feeling this pain in my lungs tho...
No other symptoms n am gonna go see a doctor tomorrow cos here in South Africa them no dey sell drugs anyhow
U must get a doctors prescription
It's been 3 weeks now n my guys dem no feel anything so it why Im not thinking it's Covid-19 but am assuming it's pneumonia.
So am gonna ask d doctor give me a prescription for antibiotics n antimalarial..
Actually the mosquitoes here don't have plasmodium so.. Malaria is a rare disease
Cos there are have been few cases of Covid-19 infection here in the town I reside n plus when enterins SPAR, they use the infra red thermometer.. And I haven't had any case of sweating or chill or loss of taste.. I eve do the cooking at my friend's crib...
So I'm ruling out covid19
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by ghettochild(m): 2:37pm On May 26, 2020
Sandypearl:

Lol,my dear,don't know which one is which. The thought leaving my little baby,I had to take my destiny into my hands
Whatsapp me +27737839889

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On May 26, 2020
jasent:
zinc also responsible for smell and taste,do more research.
Regardless, signs of a Zinc deficiency do not include loss of taste and smell.
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by manuelcc(m): 9:49am On Jun 01, 2020
My sense of smell and taste has improved after taking drugs..took about one week tho

Thank you all for your suggestions
Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by bolanto24(m): 11:34am On Jun 01, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

I guess so bro ! Mild Symptoms ...
I’ve always battled Malaria but never had i loss my sense of smell...

Mild symptoms - Cold sweats ! You sweat for the most part of the day !
Feverish - You feeling feverish but not running temperature until night time ..
Pressure on your chest ! You feel like heavy loads are been placed on your chest !

No coughs ! No sneezing !

Self med- Strong Malaria med & Anti biotic.
Continue same even after feeling better!

I'm going through this now.

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by Taal17: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hello

Please read this from my colleague Mr Adefisayo

https://twitter.com/nighealthwatch/status/1265659018309251072

You are all likely asymptomatic
The downside of treating yourself and not being hyper conscious of social distancing, masks and cleaning hands/surfaces is that other PEOPLE you come in contact with can HAVE VERY SERIOUS SYMPTOMS that leads to death.
Breathing issues should not be taken lightly
Ginger lemon will not solve that
Antibiotics do not kill COVID 19 - It is not a bacteria its a VIRUS

Thats why SELF ISOLATION is important.

I know too many people having it - whole families where 4 are fine and 1 person died yet they all had COVID-19

This Self-Denial is irresponsible for others and the fact that you are all sharing this means you know its COVID
Herd Immunity is Russian roulette

Please get tested , call NCDC and know for sure. You can self isolate at home if you so wish and are asyptomatic. They will just keep checking on your welfare and if it gets bad they can take in you in for care

1 Like

Re: Loss Of Taste And Smell by odimbannamdi(m): 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
manuelcc:
My sense of smell and taste has improved after taking drugs..took about one week tho

Thank you all for your suggestions

I am suffering from this now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Pregnant Women Should Have Regular Intercourse / Best Diet For Managing Stomach Ulcer / Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.