Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) (123248 Views)

Asari Dokubo Captures Notorious ESN Commander "Onye Army" (Pictures) / ISWAP Snipers Kill Ba’ana Okocha, Others In Error / 6 Most Deadliest Weapons Used By The Nigerian Army. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by stagger: 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
NorthPrince:

so what is ur point now

maybe we should give you the gun so that you can go and use your mathematics formula on it

Mr Man...
Even slight changes in air humidity can alter the trajectory of a sniper round. This and other factors such as wind direction and speed all have to be factored in to make an efficient kill without detection.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by SmartyPants(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
Asour:

No. Maybe he is trying to point out that we Nigerians (like other Africans) tend to excessively overemphasize the "brawn" involved in this activity. He shows us that "Brains" are an equally important factor too.

The Military in Nigeria doesn't have the reputation for seeking gifted talents (Not saying brilliant people aren't there) but they tend to dwell on the "brawn".

Every single army in the world recruits more of brawn than brains. The smart ones are always selected for specialized roles away from the battlefield. Also no one does complex calculations on the battlefield. You simply have a spotter as he rightly alluded to. And as you can see, there are spotters in the pics.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Antichristus: 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
Too much talk, very little results. Boko Haram still invading villages, looting, naiming, raping and torching homes, properties and places of worship, and these only over this weekend. Again, too much yapping, very little outcomes. So get off this website now and let the results speak for itself. On an aside, please can some of you strategise and use these snipper guns to take out the vultures in Aso Rock, Senate, Federal and State Houses of Rep, and local government politicians.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Galadimabawa: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
akpa666:
how many boko boys they don snipe that's my consign for now
[/b]

Actually non, to be sincere they aren't needed in the front line there. (out of experience) [b]
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by andyanders: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
If they are that soo special, boko haram should by now be a thing of the past. Let them use what they are known for and stop/defeat boko haram, then we can celebrate them.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Not sure what the point is. Are you the ones to teach them? Are you near or better than the PhD physics local and foreign experts that they are working with? Nairaland just gives relevance to people to just talk. What have you achieved yourself?

God bless our army

Well said.

Funny how they talk and think they are making sense when infarct they sound ignorant and unintelligent.

Lazy cowards that can not even hold cutlass to defend their village.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Classworked(m): 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
SmartyPants:

Having an idea is not the issue. What he posted is not relevant...how does it connect to the topic?

Or you want to also see the sniper doing calculations before you know that they can do them? Didn't you see spotters in the pics?

He didn't say they can't do calculations. He's saying that precision beats power. He's not attacking the army, he's just making a statement probably from experience. God bless the Nigerian Army!

3 Likes

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Mac0: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
J111333:
It's not just about wielding guns, sniping involves more mathematical calculations than shootings and it takes specialized training for a sniper to work efficiently without a spotter.

Hmmm i feel ya. Semper Fi Marine

4 Likes

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 24, 2020
Aren't those pictures demo..?
NaijaOlosho:
Why is Nigerian Things always different grin

Snippers that I know don't stay in open place to shoot their targets.

They hide and are not easily seen
sad
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by nams77: 4:56pm On May 24, 2020
AnonPoet:
Armalite AR-10 A-Series SuperSASS https:///y7ZFQBl7gi

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1264542315152125952?s=19

Does Nigerian army now use the armalite stock? Thats good. I think say na only ak/ akm dem sabi
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by seguno2: 4:56pm On May 24, 2020
rozario01:
God bless the nigerian army

And God punish Buhari, Buratai and other thieves stealing the money to pay the soldiers. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by gentlesmithugo(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2020
Queenyprinxex:
They can't snipe nada.
sweetie how are you?
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by LAguy(m): 4:57pm On May 24, 2020
iLUCID:
I'm scared just by seeing these rifles undecided

waiting make you they scared No be one bullet, one day one day e go ba nah, but e fit no be bullet make e be normal death. So no dey scare where scare no they.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by SmartyPants(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2020
Classworked:

He didn't say they can't do calculations. He's saying that precision beats power. He's not attacking the army, he's just making a statement probably from experience. God bless the Nigerian Army!

How is that relevant to this particular topic?
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by seguno2: 4:58pm On May 24, 2020
NorthPrince:

so what is ur point now

maybe we should give you the gun so that you can go and use your mathematics formula on it

Must you respond like a slave even though you carry prince as moniker

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Admitwithschola: 4:58pm On May 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
Awesome! I remember my days in Military School!

The Nigerian Army used to be one of the Best on Land...

Those guys are good... it's just Nigerian politics that have infiltrated the Force! If Not This Boko guy's can't stand the Nigerian Military

Yes, I heard this too, even during the days of Abacha, our men where quick and brutal with the enemy. I think the training is still there, just too much politics.

At church a few months ago, I was praising the US army when one bro told me he was a US marine. He now asked me where am from, I told him Nigeria. He said ha!, you people also have a group of highly skilled combatant, and he was even naming names of some lieutenant generals and others, some of whom he had trained with. I was amazed.

If we get it right in Nigeria, other things will follow. Don't forget, guys, that many countries in Africa partly owe their new found peace to the Nigerian Army, including South Africa.

So they deserve respect, more so from us.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 24, 2020
bigiyaro:
WOW! These sniper guys gat sweet guns.

All for photoshoot.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by annyz: 5:00pm On May 24, 2020
AnonPoet:
The first of such classes employ the hit and run tactics. They look for targets of opportunity by tracking enemy movement. Once that opportunity presents itself they take out their targets from long distances, hop on their motorbikes and hightail out of the area FAST!! https:///obyYkgCQ9k

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1264542260882014209?s=19

Why is BH still existing without being wiped out till date with all these

All these not interesting anymore
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:00pm On May 24, 2020
Volkswagen90:
do u hook up?

All hooking business shifted after corona

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by professore(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2020
Lovely
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by prestige101: 5:00pm On May 24, 2020
THEY look tired, worn out and confused.

Please let our military be well taken care of, they deserve it.

Much love guys.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Ucee1999: 5:01pm On May 24, 2020
obataokenwa:
The greatest mistake a man will make is joining Nigerian army currently.

Ur parents should just forget that one...even if the person return safely, his mental health will not be normal again. Plus plenty juju

How? What's the juju for?
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by KingEzo: 5:01pm On May 24, 2020
God will continue to protect our gallant men at the war front.
Thanks for sharing this.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by NGpatriot: 5:01pm On May 24, 2020
Admitwithschola:

Does the picture in any way imply that "Nigerian snipers stay in open open to shoot their targets"?

Man, I tire for our people oo. But I been hear say dem say our people smart? Who then are the people making all these comments and drawing these conclusions?

They spew ignorant rubbish just for likes from their fellow ignorant people. It's really sad that our brave warriors are sacrificing their lives to protect these lazy and ungrateful cowards.

3 Likes

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by annyz: 5:01pm On May 24, 2020
We don't need all these pictures but let us see results.

Where is LEAH till date??
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by opportunities12(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
Ipromote:
With 1950 guns. God help these men, against those ones in big offices in Abuja.

See my siggy for business promotions on social media.
Bros I hope you are not referring to those guns they are holding as 1950 gun?
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
akpa666:
how many boko boys they don snipe that's my consign for now

Zero.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by deltateam: 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
NorthPrince:

so what is ur point now

He's merely making his observation which I agree with.

Weather conditions affect the shot too. They calculate projectile.

It involves equation.

1 Like

Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by emro123(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
I need one of this damn.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by udemzyudex(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
Yet our soldiers are vulnerable.
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Chirowman(m): 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
may God protect them, army is not easy job. to all our brave soldiers out there stay strong .
Re: Thread On The Snipers Of The Nigerian Army (Pictures) by Galadimabawa: 5:03pm On May 24, 2020
[b][/b][quote author=akpa666 post=89913134]how many boko boys they don snipe that's my consign for now

Wel actually non, they aren't needed in the front line. (saying out of experience shaa)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why I Left APC - Bukola Saraki Reveals More / Breaking; Radio Biafra Director, Nnamdi Kanu Arrested / Nnamdi Kanu Guarded By Foreign Security At A Press Conference (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.