Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71746 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 3:50pm On Jul 01, 2020
jovialswag:
i cant smell or taste anything. what seems to be the problem with me cry

it happened to me but now I can now perceive smell and taste food better, all I did was I went to a pharmacy and bought some drugs which cost me just 100 naira;

1 card of Puritone N50
White Vitamin C N50

take it 1 tablet each morning and night before 3days you'll see wonders.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Olibboy: 10:29pm On Jul 01, 2020
I'm experiencing it right now. Life goes on.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Aurelius1(m): 4:23am On Jul 02, 2020
I experienced same thing almost a month ago. I had serious chills accompanied with catarrh and a cough that lasted nearly 2 weeks. I took artemeter based malaria drug and ciproflaxin with more than enough vitamin C. Even my son experienced same thing too but without any cough. We are okay now
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by joe4christ(m): 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2020
cbrezy:

it happened to me but now I can now perceive smell and taste food better, all I did was I went to a pharmacy and bought some drugs which cost me just 100 naira;

1 card of Puritone N50
White Vitamin C N50

take it 1 tablet each morning and night before 3days you'll see wonders.

I'm currently experiencing same thing right now. I've gotten the drugs and will be self-medicating.
I have never had such experience before. I was confused till I googled the symptom and added Nairaland to the inquiry. That was how I landed here. Thank God for Nairaland!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2020
joe4christ:

I'm currently experiencing same thing right now. I've gotten the drugs and will be self-medicating.
I have never had such experience before. I was confused till I googled the symptom and added Nairaland to the inquiry. That was how I landed here. Thank God for Nairaland!

it's so surprising, my sister, I and my uncle were victims of this strange ailment and we live in different states for that matter so she (my sister) went to her nurse and she prescribed those tablets for her and she got cured so she told me about it and now I can perceive smell and also taste my food better, many said it's symptoms of Covid-19 and that made me scare but now it's all over, don't worry you'll be fine this has happened to thousands of Nigerians already and many have gotten back their sense of smell, just take those tablets morning and night 1-1 tabs each.

and you'll be well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kcivskod: 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2020
I just noticed yesterday that I lost my total sense of smelling I cant perceive anything someone should please help
I'm really scared embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by joe4christ(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2020
cbrezy:

it's so surprising, my sister, I and my uncle were victims of this strange ailment and we live in different states for that matter so she (my sister) went to her nurse and she prescribed those tablets for her and she got cured so she told me about it and now I can perceive smell and also taste my food better, many said it's symptoms of Covid-19 and that made me scare but now it's all over, don't worry you'll be fine this has happened to thousands of Nigerians already and many have gotten back their sense of smell, just take those tablets morning and night 1-1 tabs each.

and you'll be well.

Thanks bro. I'm feeling better now, but yet to regain back my sense of smell!
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
joe4christ:

Thanks bro. I'm feeling better now, but yet to regain back my sense of smell!

it's time and I will surprise you when you're better
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Babesy: 5:40pm On Jul 09, 2020
Same here, I woke up this morning and can't smell anything. All the leadings on Google search can send someone to an early grave. I've totally lost my sense of smell. I'm really worried

quote author=Kcivskod post=91487158]I just noticed yesterday that I lost my total sense of smelling I cant perceive anything someone should please help
I'm really scared embarassed embarassed[/quote]
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by sirgeesnow3387(m): 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2020
Never to WORRY!!! If you're running temperature and have cattarh, then take a very good Malaria drug and add Ciprotab to it (Follow the normal prescription) then take alot of vitamin C (2tabs morning, 2 tabs afternoon and 2 tabs at night)....

Then look for fresh ginger and garlic, blend them together and start taking 1tea spoon full to make hot tea.... Morning and night.

The most important thing is to rest and Rest well.... After 5 days you should smell and taste more than NDLEA dogs

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 4:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
blaise26abj:
Wow. Interesting . About a week ago I fell ill and went to the hospital . After all tests they didn’t find anything so they gave me antibiotic .Then my wife fell ill . She was given malaria drugs and When my case wasn’t improving, I took malaria drugs too .

Then she lost her sense of smell and taste. Then I had slight difficulty breathing . When I took a deep breath, my upper chest would hurt. We were both down for a little over a week. I’ve never experienced such in my life . Family doctor said it wasn’t coro sha. Though we are better now .

Could it be something else was going around? Health practitioners in the house over to you
so how are feeling now? Any other symptoms again?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
sirgeesnow3387:
... After 5 days you should smell and taste more than NDLEA dogs

Please Papa God, try to let ALL NDLEA dog dem go collect small Corona for body when nogo let dem smell any Ondo State farm when betta ting dey.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Donpenny(m): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
Emaprince:
Be like say na wetin dey rain now be this o.

I can't even smell a poo if I bring it very close to my nose.

I can't smell my perfume when I spray it at my nose.

I was sick last week and. I have been worried. I am feeling ok now, butt still can't smell nada
so how is your health now, Have you fully recovered?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Emaprince: 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
Donpenny:
so how is your health now, Have you fully recovered?
Of course. Since !!!
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Emirett: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
Taste and smell loss is a known symptom of many various diseases. To be honest, I consider the current situation with Covid-19 is overrated. However, it's better to take precautions and think about health. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and take vitamins/supplements to support the immune system. By the way, I recommend this health store.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by showafrica(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
We are just locking ourselves down for nothing.. From this topic, means we are curing ourselves.. Looks more like advanced malaria.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by McCoy662(m): 6:13am On Aug 03, 2020
Honestly I never knew this loss of senses was a symptom of Covid-19. My own was epic; it lasted for about two weeks. I couldn't smell anything, there was this huge refuse dump site in my area, I intentionally trekk past there for a good number of times but never smelt sh*t.

And one funny thing is that I can't remember the last time I had malaria but this one hold me very tight for weeks. But thank God I'm alive to tell the story.

One thing I noticed is that if that's actually Covid-19, then the virus is not airborne. Or it takes a very close contact for it to be transmitted. The thing has been in my neighborhood for sometime , I ate and dine with some of the patients but I was ok... Until I kissed my babe that weekend, she was complaining if the same thing. Less than four days later I was down with mine
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kcivskod: 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
How do u feel now
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Kcivskod: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
[How do you feel now quote author=Babesy post=91548210]Same here, I woke up this morning and can't smell anything. All the leadings on Google search can send someone to an early grave. I've totally lost my sense of smell. I'm really worried

quote author=Kcivskod post=91487158]I just noticed yesterday that I lost my total sense of smelling I cant perceive anything someone should please help
I'm really scared embarassed embarassed[/quote]
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CrazyMan(m): 9:58pm On Aug 27, 2020
ajailer:
I have lost my taste and smell senses too and it's been like this for like a month now. in fact yesterday I was even taking a drink and was wondering why it tasted so different until I now remembered what I was going through then I calmed down.

if it's covid, then maybe I won't be too surprised cos the Italian index case in Nigeria passed through my company when he landed at Lagos airport.

health wise, so far, I have had malaria which is another symptom but I have recovered from it and am doing fine right now

the only precaution I have been observing so far is not going to visit my elderly relatives as I don't want to be the source of their infection.

presently I take a lot of this our local herb called dongoyaro which is very effective for curing malaria
Hello, please what's your current health status?

How long did you take before your sense of smell came back and what kind of medication were you placed on.

My dad lost his smell sense since July (that's over a month) we're worried. Although I don't Share the same location with him, but I'm worried cos of his age.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CrazyMan(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Grandmeister:
I know someone who knows someone that also lost his sense of taste..his is close to a month now..if it's covid 19 then it has reached close to a million infected people....the good thing is, it's not as deadly on people here compared to the west.
Hello... please what's your friends situation now, my dad is currently experiencing the same symptoms for over a month.

We've tried calling to get him good medical care but his sense of smell won't just come back.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ajailer(m): 11:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
CrazyMan:

Hello, please what's your current health status?

How long did you take before your sense of smell came back and what kind of medication were you placed on.

My dad lost his smell sense since July (that's over a month) we're worried. Although I don't Share the same location with him, but I'm worried cos of his age.

I didn't take anything but as you said, age is a factor in this thing and also the presence of an underlying sickness.

Mine lasted more than two months, my system is back to normal now.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Grandmeister(m): 6:31am On Aug 28, 2020
CrazyMan:

Hello... please what's your friends situation now, my dad is currently experiencing the same symptoms for over a month.

We've tried calling to get him good medical care but his sense of smell won't just come back.
They are all fine now. They’ve regained their senses.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CrazyMan(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2020
ajailer:

I didn't take anything but as you said, age is a factor in this thing and also the presence of an underlying sickness.

Ok thanks
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CrazyMan(m): 8:19am On Aug 28, 2020
Grandmeister:

They are all fine now. They’ve regained their senses.
Ok...that's great.

Were they on any kind of medication, and how long did it take before they regained back their senses?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Grandmeister(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2020
CrazyMan:

Ok...that's great.

Were they on any kind of medication, and how long did it take before they regained back their senses?
It varied from person to person. Some 2 weeks ,some less
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jaygrl(f): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2020
CrazyMan:

Ok thanks
I have experienced loss of smell and took lots of vitamin C tablet(as much as 10tablets in a day). Daddy should do same.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by stevowar(m): 11:46am On Aug 28, 2020
Salvador1:
I haven't recover oo my own just dey worry me over a week now

Are you ok now?...I am also feeling the same now.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by stevowar(m): 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
ajailer:

How old are you?

You mean 2months?...na wao
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by stevowar(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2020
Olodo24:
I'm having it now. I think it was passed on to me by my colleague. I wonder how I'm going to be treating this

You have list of taste and smell?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by stevowar(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2020
showbiz4all27:

I'm not a fan of commenting on NL but this is mandatory as it'll enlightenment us all alot, I quoted this person because this was my exact symptoms, I'm AA and malaria is my regular customer once I'm bitten by a useless female mosquito but this particular malaria I had over the last 2weeks almost claimed my life, the pains was life threatening to the point that I almost lost hope and already telling my wife all things he doesn't know about my account details and all other things. The acute and joint pains was so severe that I visited the hospital for admission thrice on different occasions and I was highly disappointed that patients are only allowed to interact with the doctors via intercom in the process of preventing covid19. I had to complain seriously to my employer my state of health and how the hospital has restricted me seeing the doctor or conducting any test, meanwhile I've been give malaria drugs twice on the previous visits, the last I went I was then allowed to see the doctor after my employer had sent a mail, so on the third visit I was diagnosed of malaria again after taking a very traumatic malaria drugs with 1000mg emzor paracetamol I've never taken in my life. The doctor himself was surprised I still had malaria in my bloodstream and he then prescribed another harden malaria drugs to be pickup from the clinic pharmacy, I personally requested for admission cos I'm already feeling fainting and a severe headaches from different angles of my head. The doctor said there no patients on admission and I should even count myself lucky I was allowed in for test. To cut the whole bitter experiences epistle short, I started taking the tablets and took off some days of work, and after 3 days I started recovering and was left with the still headaches which I supported with "conc. agbo" herbs. The next was bitter taste followed by 100% loss of smell and taste. I've not experienced such in my life and Google suddenly became my friend, then to my greatest surprised I found that it was a symptoms of covid19 which was though not really included yet on the list but speculations are ongoing. Though, it was already late but I immediately isolated myself from my wife and children but I don't pray these loss of smell experience for my worst enemy. I started smelling everything around me, dettol o, morning fresh soap o, hand sanitizers o, perfume o, my armpit o, my shit for toilet "omo" I chuck my nose inside I dey tell you I no smell anything and thereafter feeding became my greatest enemy that I completely lost appetite and started feeling depressed. I called my inlaw who happened to be in the village and these few tips help gradually for recovering of smell and taste. Cooking saintleave as vegetable soup helped alot. My taste firstly returned because I chopped raw bitter leave and I greatly feel the taste and also salt taste came to normal but all these doesn't add up as sense of smell is what convenes taste to the brain. I continue eating the vegetables as my only diets and continue smelling all around until I started recovering the smell gradually, it's not 100% normal but at least I can enjoy my meals with some returned sense of smell.
The list is endless. Kindly pardon my errors abeg, no time to proof read as I hurriedly type these on duty.
Have you recovered now?
I also felt the same way now...Is so so scary..
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CrazyMan(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
Jaygrl:
I have experienced loss of smell and took lots of vitamin C tablet(as much as 10tablets in a day). Daddy should do same.
Ok... thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / Belgian Hospital Cut Off Ajima Ogbole’s Cervix, Paralysed Her Sister (Photos) / Nigerian Surgeon Removes Lady's Ovary Instead Of Her Appendix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.