Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71738 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by bukolabeauty09(f): 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2021
aynerodcirus:

Ok thanks. I jux went to try salt, and I could taste it. I will get those things tomorrow. Thank you.

I pray we survive this.

I will surely try this too....I can taste salt but all the food I cook hubby said it's not having salt and when I eat it I neither feel if it is delicious or not.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by aynerodcirus(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2021
bukolabeauty09:
Please Help

For the past two days I have been experiencing loss of smell and taste. I can't smell anything, the food I cook, the perfume I use, my baby's poo as in I can't smell anything.Everything I have been eating have no taste.

What could be the cause and what are the likely home remedy to solve this issues please. Afraid of Covid so I literally can't go to the hospital.

I believe this started after a brief malaria illness, ryt? Jux get those stuffs stated above, and start using. If others can survive this, we will survive it too. Stay strong, and remember you are not in this alone.
Mine has been 4 days now.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by SimeonOTC(m): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Currently experiencing this right now..1week and still counting..but na wa ooo
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by onyeabia: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2021
VickyRotex:

In bold: okay that's great! so you all had loss of smell and no other symptoms? Interesting. yea I wonder if it was Covid, but good that you've all recovered.
I wonder oo.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by omoseth(m): 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2021
Experiencing same.. Can't perceive my perfume nor smell anything for some days cz my nose is blocked though i just recently treated malaria and typhoid. I've been taking CONTAC with white vitamin c but no improvement. It's Scarry! I'm on nose mask/giving people space at home cz i nor give anybody.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2021
Same here, can't perceive or taste. Started from catarrh and sore throat
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2021
Judybash93:

Stay safe bro. Heard their are cases of reinfection. I hope that's not the case. Just rest and please seek medical assistance. Get well soon.
Finally bro. No smell and taste

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2021
Day 1 started with symptoms of flu, sneezing and fever, all this was 4 days ago just noticed today that i can't smell,taste. With a serious sore throat

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2021
omoseth:
Experiencing same.. Can't perceive my perfume nor smell anything for some days cz my nose is blocked though i just recently treated malaria and typhoid. I've been taking CONTAC with white vitamin c but no improvement. It's Scarry! I'm on nose mask/giving people space at home cz i nor give anybody.

In bold: that's likely the reason for the loss of smell. One of the side effects of malaria treatment is loss of smell.
It's really good that you're cautious by isolating, that's something selfish people won't consider to do. They'd prefer to spread whatever it is.

Keep taking the Vit C and I hope you feel much better soon.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
Obakovicho:
Day 1 started with symptoms of flu, sneezing and fever, all this was 4 days ago just noticed today that i can't smell,taste. With a serious sore throat

I hope you're feeling better today?

If you have access to testing, it will be nice to do so. Otherwise you can wait it out. It could be a regular cold/flu. Take pain killer to ease the fever, cold suppressant, and give yourself enough rest.

The most efficient thing is to rest, stay hydrated, and let your immune system fight it.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by otokx(m): 7:17am On Sep 01, 2021
VickyRotex:

If you have access to testing, it will be nice to do so. Otherwise you can wait it out. It could be a regular cold/flu. Take pain killer to ease the fever, cold suppressant, and give yourself enough rest.

The most efficient thing is to rest, stay hydrated, and let your immune system fight it.

Testing is not free that is another issue.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
VickyRotex:

Hi V, still no smell and taste though better than yesterday. Sore throat is gone but i noticed that i get exhausted walking to the toilet, appetite is close to 0
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2021
otokx:

Testing is not free that is another issue.

I think there are centers that are free.

At least I know Lagos has some free testing centers and I'd assume it should be same in some other states that are testing.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2021
Obakovicho:

Hi V, still no smell and taste though better than yesterday. Sore throat is gone but i noticed that i get exhausted walking to the toilet, appetite is close to 0

Good to know you're better. You'll still tend to feel exhausted even as you recover cos your immune system has been waging serious war grin and its doing great: so it's alright, just stay hydrated. Try to take B12 for appetite, and for now do fluids and fruits pending when you can eat something. Better than nothing.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2021
VickyRotex:

Good to know you're better. You'll still tend to feel exhausted even as you recover cos your immune system has been waging serious war grin and its doing great: so it's alright, just stay hydrated. Try to take B12 for appetite, and for now do fluids and fruits pending when you can eat something. Better than nothing.
Still one step at a time. No appetite still, finish a full bag of pure water ( 20 satchet) from 8am to 1pm.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 2:50am On Sep 03, 2021
Obakovicho:

Still one step at a time. No appetite still, finish a full bag of pure water ( 20 satchet) from 8am to 1pm.

20 what? shocked is that even legal?? Just kidding grin

Water is very good, so you can't overdose on it. It's flushing out toxins.
Hope you're able to get your appetite back on track soon.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by omoseth(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2021
VickyRotex:

In bold: that's likely the reason for the loss of smell. One of the side effects of malaria treatment is loss of smell.
It's really good that you're cautious by isolating, that's something selfish people won't consider to do. They'd prefer to spread whatever it is.

Keep taking the Vit C and I hope you feel much better soon.

Yeah I do! Thanks!..I got my sense of smell back after 5days..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
VickyRotex:

20 what? shocked is that even legal?? Just kidding grin

Water is very good, so you can't overdose on it. It's flushing out toxins.
Hope you're able to get your appetite back on track soon.
Day 5....
Had a few sec of smell, gone now. Still strong yet no taste
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by aynerodcirus(m): 7:47am On Sep 08, 2021
Our bodies system is different, which is why it took some 5days to recover, some weeks while some month(s). Me for one got my senses back in 5days. This has nothing to do with covid whatever. Itz part of malaria symptoms.
In addition to ur medication, try to boil up meshed mixtures of garlic, ginger, lime, clove. Take in the morning, afternoon and night. Also take 5 white vitamin c every morning and night.

Fear not, for ur senses will be back. It may jux take time.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 9:13am On Sep 08, 2021
aynerodcirus:
Our bodies system is different, which is why it took some 5days to recover, some weeks while some month(s). Me for one got my senses back in 5days. This has nothing to do with covid whatever. Itz part of malaria symptoms.
In addition to ur medication, try to boil up meshed mixtures of garlic, ginger, lime, clove. Take in the morning, afternoon and night. Also take 5 white vitamin c every morning and night.

Fear not, for ur senses will be back. It may jux take time.
Perfect now. Taste,smell all back.
My brother this is covid not malaria, the sore throat is something else, if i sleep on my right side i wake to a choking sensation as if my air passed is blocked and if i walk to the toilet i get exhausted and have to seat for over 30 minutes to regain my strength

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
omoseth:

Yeah I do! Thanks!..I got my sense of smell back after 5days..

Awesome! Good to know you're doing okay now.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by VickyRotex(f): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Obakovicho:

Day 5....
Had a few sec of smell, gone now. Still strong yet no taste

I do hope you're feeling much better now.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 4:21am On Sep 16, 2021
VickyRotex:

I do hope you're feeling much better now.
Better. All senses back
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Tilda143(f): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2021
Yeah I am I..Very very very better.....When I started treating thyphoid, I became better...

Are you better now?[/quote]
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Tilda143(f): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
Yeah I am I..Very very very better.....When I started treating thyphoid, I became better...
aynerodcirus:

Are you better now?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Tilda143(f): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hope you are better now?
aynerodcirus:

Me, I no even smell aboniki balm at all, as strong as that thing dey.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / Belgian Hospital Cut Off Ajima Ogbole’s Cervix, Paralysed Her Sister (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.