Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71638 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Salvador1: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
stevowar:

Are you ok now?...I am also feeling the same now.
long time ago
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2020
Plz confirm thiz

cbrezy:

it happened to me but now I can now perceive smell and taste food better, all I did was I went to a pharmacy and bought some drugs which cost me just 100 naira;

1 card of Puritone N50
White Vitamin C N50

take it 1 tablet each morning and night before 3days you'll see wonders.

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 5:19pm On Oct 19, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
Plz confirm thiz

No it's wrong, the one I'm talking about was produced by Emzor
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
Plz confirm thiz

This is it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2020
Thanks!

cbrezy:

This is it.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
Thanks!

Welcome smiley
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by durodee(m): 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2020
9JAFULLBREED:
Plz confirm thiz

Oga make you no worry yourself. Whether you take anything or not, you will recover fully. The loss of taste and or smell is transient, max about 2 weeks and the return is not due to any drug taken.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
Please I have loss my sense of smell and taste for more than a week now.... what should I do, what should I take ,those that have towed this part should help me,I don't like this feeling at all

Modified: my sense of taste and smell is back.... what I did is this....I bought lemon , ginger and garlic, boiled it and drink twice a day and also deeply inhale the heat too ,I took 2 white vit C thrice daily too..... I did this for like 3 days and am ok now, before I usually wake up with peppery nose but all that is gone now.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 14, 2020
cbrezy:

This is it.
Please did you take this to recover your sense of taste and smell,if yes how did you take it
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 11:26pm On Dec 14, 2020
Samson0599:
Please I have loss my sense of smell and taste for more than a week now.... what should I do, what should I take ,those that have towed this part should help me,I don't like this feeling at all
Tumeric, garlic lime,ginger grind all and boil. Take 2 cups a day
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2020
Obakovicho:
Tumeric, garlic lime,ginger grind all and boil. Take 2 cups a day
Thanks.....I will try this
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by cbrezy(m): 4:17pm On Dec 15, 2020
Samson0599:

Please did you take this to recover your sense of taste and smell,if yes how did you take it

I toke 1 money and night also with white vitamin C
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Percival9(m): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
I lost my sense of smell for over one week coupled with cattarh though now the cold is gone. i started feeling chills and like headache on top of my eye so i buy artemether,contac,ampiclox and take

So far i cn sense like 1% of my airfreshener unlike before that is total zero.

What baffles me is some smell in my nose like when you sniff water in ur nose. U knw the smell. I keep having it for more than 5days now. Its worrying

Today my mom said she's sick too fever

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Percival9(m): 5:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
i can taste anything. But my smell is gone. Right now its like 2% out of 100

Im thinking its cold since it sll started with it buh the cold is gone buh no smell i even sniff petrol got nothing

I really fear

Modified: my sense of smell is back just now. Decided to peel orange and drink the juice. I i got the flavor of it
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Percival9(m): 5:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
My combo

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by eleojo23: 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2020
Percival9:
I lost my sense of smell for over one week coupled with cattarh though now the cold is gone. i started feeling chills and like headache on top of my eye so i buy artemether,contac,ampiclox and take

So far i cn sense like 1% of my airfreshener unlike before that is total zero.

What baffles me is some smell in my nose like when you sniff water in ur nose. U knw the smell. I keep having it for more than 5days now. Its worrying

Today my mom said she's sick too fever

It's Covid but thank God it's the mild form you've got. You will recover and your sense of smell will return within 2 weeks.

The cold season is here again so is the second wave of covid. Immune boasters like VitC and Zinc supplements will come in handy at this time of the year.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
my sense of taste and smell is back.... what I did is this....I bought lemon , ginger and garlic, boiled it and drink twice a day and also deeply inhale the heat too ,I took 2 white vit C thrice daily too..... I did this for like 3 days and am ok now, before I usually wake up with peppery nose but all that is gone now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Percival9(m): 12:24pm On Dec 27, 2020
eleojo23:

It's Covid but thank God it's the mild form you've got. You will recover and your sense of smell will return within 2 weeks.

The cold season is here again so is the second wave of covid. Immune boasters like VitC and Zinc supplements will come in handy at this time of the year.
True

Now every thing is fine

Buh my sense of smell isn't sharp i cant smell my breath now or taste my mouth. But ican perceive aroma grin grin just not sharp. We thank god
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Percival9(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2020
Samson0599:
my sense of taste and smell is back.... what I did is this....I bought lemon , ginger and garlic, boiled it and drink twice a day and also deeply inhale the heat too ,I took 2 white vit C thrice daily too..... I did this for like 3 days and am ok now, before I usually wake up with peppery nose but all that is gone now.
Covid is diff in 9ja
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2020
czarr:
Almost everyone in my family and church have lost their sense of smell and taste and recovered recently....which is a symptom of corona virus.

Are we all infected and recovering on our own?
after all there is a 98% recovery rate.

Probably. The true testing rate is abysmally low in African countries. It is highly probable that we have already achieved herd immunity status (>60-70% already infected and recovered) in sub Saharan Africa. I don't know why sub Saharan African countries have mostly asymptomatic infections, but Nigerians never took the Covid 19 isolation rules seriously enough for the infection rates to be this low. Therefore, it is my belief that the real infection rates are far higher than is actually reported, only the virus doesn't affect us Africans the same way. Maybe either because we have stronger bodies, less co morbidities, or due to the natural sterilising sunlight.

I advise everyone (office workers included) to drink ginger and lemon infused tea daily, go out in the sun for a brisk early morning or late evening walk, and if you are diabetic or hypertensive, monitor and control your condition appropriately with prescribed drugs in the meantime. Hopefully, well remain safe.

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Ishilove: 8:03pm On Dec 27, 2020
RisenPhoenix1:

Probably. The true testing rate is abysmally low in African countries. It is highly probable that we have already achieved herd immunity status (>60-70% already infected and recovered) in sub Saharan Africa. I don't know why sub Saharan African countries have mostly asymptomatic infections, but Nigerians never took the Covid 19 isolation rules seriously enough for the infection rates to be this low. Therefore, it is my belief that the real infection rates are far higher than is actually reported, only the virus doesn't affect us Africans the same way. Maybe either because we have stronger bodies, less co morbidities, or due to the natural sterilising sunlight.

I advise everyone (office workers included) to drink ginger and lemon infused tea daily, go out in the sun for a brisk early morning or late evening walk, and if you are diabetic or hypertensive, monitor and control your condition appropriately with prescribed drugs in the meantime. Hopefully, well remain safe.
Have you felt the heat of the sun recently? What kind of coronavirus can survive that degree of heat? The sun is so hot these days your clothes feel hot, your jewelry singes your skin, you drink water like a thirsty camel and sweat it all out in 10 minutes. My friend THAT is the real reason why the symptoms here no shake us.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by yusman14(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
My sense of smell and taste is not active again..I have malaria so I used chloroquine 200mg tablet on Tuesday(first time using it)..since then I can't taste and smell anything...I am really afraid..my parents are not taking it serious sef...pls what can I do? I don't want to go to isolation centre ooo
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Qasak(m): 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
yusman14:
My sense of smell and taste is not active again..I have malaria so I used chloroquine 200mg tablet on Tuesday(first time using it)..since then I can't taste and smell anything...I am really afraid..my parents are not taking it serious sef...pls what can I do? I don't want to go to isolation centre ooo

The Bad news is you got the rona. The good news is that all senses will return with 7 days or less. I experienced the same thing also. Boil ginger, lemon,onions and drink the water. Also inhaling silverbird oil or crystal menthol also helps. You would be fine but also isolate yourself from your loved ones so they don’t catch that rona.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by yusman14(m): 5:23pm On Jan 07, 2021
Qasak:

The Bad news is you got the rona. The good news is that all senses will return with 7 days or less. I experienced the same thing also. Boil ginger, lemon,onions and drink the water. Also inhaling silverbird oil or crystal menthol also helps. You would be fine but also isolate yourself from your loved ones so they don’t catch that rona.
My family members except my mum was sick through out last week..me and my siblings including my dad showed these symptoms last week but they are now ok...it remains only me.. though I have a very weak immune system..I get sick easily....
this my situation is scary I have never experienced it...
my advice to Nigerians is to stay safe..this stuff is real..I think my dad bought it home because he travelled some weeks ago..
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Danfederal: 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
yusman14:
My family members except my mum was sick through out last week..me and my siblings including my dad showed these symptoms last week but they are now ok...it remains only me.. though I have a very weak immune system..I get sick easily....
this my situation is scary I have never experienced it...
my advice to Nigerians is to stay safe..this stuff is real..I think my dad bought it home because he travelled some weeks ago..

How are u feeling now ? Are your senses fully recovered?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by yusman14(m): 11:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
Danfederal:

How are u feeling now ? Are your senses fully recovered?
No sir ..i haven't recovered at all . tommorow makes it a week...I am eating a lot of fruits and vegetables with vitamin c...I drink and eat a lot of hot things too...I am really afraid... should I call NCDC??

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 6:14am On Jan 12, 2021
yusman14:
No sir ..i haven't recovered at all . tommorow makes it a week...I am eating a lot of fruits and vegetables with vitamin c...I drink and eat a lot of hot things too...I am really afraid... should I call NCDC??
Fear kills fast. Take the turmeric,lime,ginger, hot tea
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Danfederal: 7:39am On Jan 12, 2021
Obakovicho:

Fear kills fast. Take the turmeric,lime,ginger, hot tea

Yea, ....but how long did it take for you to recover your sense of smell back sir?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Danfederal: 7:43am On Jan 12, 2021
yusman14:

Since you are no more sick, it's not necessary to call NCDC, its a recovery process I guess, the damaged cells in Nose takes time(up to 2 months) to regenerate as I learnt.

Except you are still sick, then you can call
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 9:13am On Jan 12, 2021
Danfederal:

Yea, ....but how long did it take for you to recover your sense of smell back sir?
I never experienced it. My siblings did the latest last week monday and by yesterday she was okay. My younger brother was for 14 days,he was diabetic but his was longer
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Danfederal: 10:41am On Jan 12, 2021
Obakovicho:

I never experienced it. My siblings did the latest last week monday and by yesterday she was okay. My younger brother was for 14 days,he was diabetic but his was longer

Oh ok,
I guess its within 14 days

Did ur siblings take anything to recover the smell ?

Mine is 5 days now, still have 0% smell , can't smell anything, I mean anything.......

Can't wait for this to be over
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Obakovicho: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2021
Danfederal:

Oh ok,
I guess its within 14 days

Did ur siblings take anything to recover the smell ?

Mine is 5 days now, still have 0% smell , can't smell anything, I mean anything.......

Can't wait for this to be over
Tumeric,ginger mixture boiled. With vit c,zinc

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / 74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.