Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West - Politics (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West (25189 Views)

Dino Melaye Meets PDP Delegates From Kogi Central, East And West (Photos) / What The South East And South South Are Saying About President Buhari / Atiku Abubakar Meets With South-East And South-South Governors In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 3:50pm On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
I know it was written "the biggest in West Africa"? But that doesn't change the fact that Onitsha main market still remains one of the biggest market in Africa.
If you agreed on one of the biggest and not the biggest.
I agree with you, But you sound mature ooo bro.
Keep it up
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 3:52pm On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
So you don't know
Sola Sobowale, Akin Lewis, Toyin Abraham, Saheed Balogun, mercy Aigbe, Fatia Balogun, And the rest.
I bleeped up for not being online yesterday to give you the name of our Celebrity in Oyo state
Omo they're not recognize in the world. Are they more recognized than, Mike ezuruonye, Nonso diobi, Genevieve Nnaji, Yul edochie, Emeka Ike, Oge okoye, Chioma chukwuka etc. This are just little of them. But they're far more recognized than the ones you listed above.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 3:59pm On May 25, 2020
Thonypadua:
If you agreed on one of the biggest and not the biggest.
I agree with you, But you sound mature ooo bro.
Keep it up
See lemme just tell you the truth bro. I'm not a fan of tribalism. I love Yorubas just the way I love my tribe and other tribes in the country . I use to defend my country very well whenever they're battling with other African countries. Most times they'll be insulting Yorubas and Igbos. If they insult both tribes I got mad. Because I see all of us as one. Me I no fit watch make Dem dey insult any tribe in Nigeria. I swear Na lie. Make that person ready for me. This argument between Igbos and Yorubas on Nairaland alone they make other poor poor African countries they laugh our country. That's why I attacked that SA guy.

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:00pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

All the better produced Nollywood films, the highest selling and the ones that make it to Netflix are dominated by the sophisticated ones.
oga,shutup!! Genevieve movie lion heart was the first Nigerian movie to be acquired by Netflix..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 4:00pm On May 25, 2020
post=89940096:

grin grin
You guys no go kill person, please post the estate, how can reasonabl person compare a state with international with a state with local railway line grin how can you say Ibadan new railway line will give Enugu with international and local airports advantage, this is not the first railway line in Oyo, is it because it is new.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Jasparrow1: 4:05pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

WTF does that have to do with anything?

Don Jazzy is Isoko
But he's from Umuahia

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Kidakudz5: 4:12pm On May 25, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

What incentives is there in East to visit for? No coast, no international boundary, no waterfall, no lake, poverty is high, unemployment is high, igr is very low, kidnapping is high, ritual killing is high, restaurants serve human meat, underage girls raped and impregnated, human trafficking is high, towns are filthy and stink, houses swallowed by erosion, what is in East for Yorubaman to go see?
ah ahnn shocked shocked ogbeni calm down now grin grin grin
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:15pm On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
But he's from Umuahia

He is not from any Umuahia. He was only born there
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:17pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
oga,shutup!! Genevieve movie lion heart was the first Nigerian movie to be acquired by Netflix..

Other Nollywood movies had been acquired by Netflix before that flop. She was just the first to release her movie direct to Netflix
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:24pm On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
List them. Because they're not recognize in the world at all at all. Igbos still dominate Nollywood. Nollywood belongs to Igbos. Even a new born baby knows that

Yorubas dominate Nollywood by every metric. Those are the facts and we pioneered the movie making and theatre industries in the country. The only thing is the Igbos started the cheap movie making industry by producing straight to cheap CDs

Here is a list of successful Nollywood movies. Afonjas are dominant. It's not even competitive

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films#

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:32pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

Other Nollywood movies had been acquired by Netflix before that flop. She was just the first to release her movie direct to Netflix
grin grin go to sleep ,you have nothing else to say

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:34pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
grin grin go to sleep ,you have nothing else to say

And what did you say? grin

Facts are stubborn cheesy
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:37pm On May 25, 2020

4 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:39pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/304864-movie-review-lionheart-by-genevieve-nnaji.html

So all the Nollywood movies I watched on Netflix prior to her disgraceful attempt being released were all stolen by Netflix?

grin
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:40pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

Yorubas dominate Nollywood by every metric. Those are the facts and we pioneered the movie making and theatre industries in the country. The only thing is the Igbos started the cheap movie making industry by producing straight to cheap CDs

Here is a list of successful Nollywood movies. Afonjas are dominant. It's not even competitive

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_Nigerian_films#
unless you meant Yoruba movie industry grin grin
Igbo's have always been the pioneers of nollywood..that's why most of nollywood movies were shot in Enugu before they started using asaba

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
See lemme just tell you the truth bro. I'm not a fan of tribalism. I love Yorubas just the way I love my tribe and other tribes in the country . I use to defend my country very well whenever they're battling with other African countries. Most times they'll be insulting Yorubas and Igbos. If they insult both tribes I got mad. Because I see all of us as one. Me I no fit watch make Dem dey insult any tribe in Nigeria. I swear Na lie. Make that person ready for me. This argument between Igbos and Yorubas on Nairaland alone they make other poor poor African countries they laugh our country. That's why I attacked that SA guy.
you be boss bro, I realized Igbo and Yoruba are the worst enemy online and best friends offline.
But lately online has destroy most of us, I pray we will get it better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:42pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

So all the Nollywood movies I watched on Netflix prior to her disgraceful attempt being released were all stolen by Netflix?

grin
Oga,I have shown you fact..your opinions doesn't change anything..Netflix paid billions of Naira for her movie and she has made her money.. No Nigerian movie producer is in her league now

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 4:46pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
Igbo's have always been the pioneers of nollywood..that's why most of nollywood movies were shot in Enugu before they started using asaba
Bro use then not now anymore.
Yorubas as taken over and that's why your brother was crying about the last edition of Amvca
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:48pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:

Yorubas started the movie and theater industry in Nigeria prior to the 40s and also started the movie theater industry by veterans like Ogunde that shot expensive movies on celluloid cameras.

The Igbos cheapened the whole thing in the 90s with camcorder based productions with terrible audio and released the garbage straight to VHS and ultimately CDs and DVDs which then got the infamous name Nollywood.

They still shoot junk in Asaba and Enugu and they are deservedly panned as trash. Yorubas stepped back outside of the strictly Yoruba productions and lifted Nollywood from infamy into something palatable. This is reason the top 100 selling Nollywood production was Directed by Afonjas. We brought some sophistication and sanity back into Nigerian movie making just like our forefathers did.

That's a history lesson for you wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:49pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:

Oga,I have shown you fact..your opinions doesn't change anything..Netflix paid billions of Naira for her movie and she has made her money.. No Nigerian movie producer is in her league now

She made her money no doubt but Netflix has realized she has zero commercial prowess and have extended deals to mostly Yorubas. The center of excellence and sophistication in Nigeria

Argue with your ancestors grin

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Thonypadua(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2020
Jasparrow1:
Omo they're not recognize in the world. Are they more recognized than, Mike ezuruonye, Nonso diobi, Genevieve Nnaji, Yul edochie, Emeka Ike, Oge okoye, Chioma chukwuka etc. This are just little of them. But they're far more recognized than the ones you listed above.
Those you mentioned with due Respect are still using the old Glory.
But saying people didn't Sola Sobowale na the biggest lie of all time bro.
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:52pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

[s]Yorubas started the movie and theater industry in Nigeria prior to the 40s and also started the movie theater industry by veterans like Ogunde that shot expensive movies on celluloid cameras.

The Igbos cheapened the whole thing in the 90s with camcorder based productions with terrible audio and released the garbage straight to VHS and ultimately CDs and DVDs which then got the infamous name Nollywood.

They still shoot junk in Asaba and Enugu and they are deservedly panned as trash. Yorubas stepped back outside of the strictly Yoruba productions and lifted Nollywood from infamy into something palatable. This is reason the top 100 selling Nollywood production was Directed by Afonjas. We brought some sophistication and sanity back into Nigerian movie making just like our forefathers did.

That's a history lesson for you wink[/s]

I believe you haven't heard of living in bondage
That was the movie that formed what is known as Bollywood today.. Nobody knows any any afonja actress and actresses except those who came down to Enugu to pick a movie role.
Who would known the likes of olu Jacob,joke Silva etc if not for Igbo's..
I'm yet to see any afonja break Genevieve's history.. Until then,Igbo's are the owners of nollywood..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:53pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:

I believe you haven't heard of living in bondage
That was the movie that formed what is known as Bollywood today.. Nobody knows any any afonja actress and actresses except those who came down to Enugu to pick a movie role.
Who would known the likes of olu Jacob,joke Silva etc if not for Igbo's..
I'm yet to see any afonja break Genevieve's history.. Until then,Igbo's are the owners of nollywood..

History did not start in the 90s

Go get an education while we are it and come back to argue online, Nneka or Chiaka. Whatever your Igbotic name is grin

1 Like

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:53pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

She made her money no doubt but Netflix has realized she has zero commercial prowess and have extended deals to mostly Yorubas. The center of excellence and sophistication in Nigeria

Argue with your ancestors grin
you meant after paying her billons of naira..which afonja has nexflix done that for ;grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:54pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
you meant after paying her billons of naira..which afonja has nexflix done that for ;grin grin

Actually quite a sizeable. But Genevieve made out like a bandit being the first production fully produced by Netflix
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:54pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

History did not start in the 90s

Go get an education while we are it and come back to argue online.
you have nothing else to say..log out from NL and take a break. Maybe, your brain cells will become active again after that.it looks that they are all down now due to numerous hammering you have received on this thread grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:55pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

Actually quite a sizeable. But Genevieve made out like a bandit being the first production fully produced by Netflix
who and who

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:56pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
you have nothing else to say..log out from NL and take a break. Maybe, your brain cells will become active again after that.it looks that they are all down now due to numerous hammering you have received on this thread grin grin

Smh

I can't be quoting real movies from the 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s and 40s for you. I am not your lesson or history teacher angry

Take that home work. Living in bondage my a$$ grin
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 4:57pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
who and who

I refuse to give you an education angry
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by Ikpuchinonye19(f): 4:59pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

Smh

I can't be quoting real movies from the 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s and 40s for you. I am not your lesson or history teacher angry

Take that home work. Living in bondage my a$$ grin
you have nothing else to type..; D grin

2 Likes

Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by kayfra: 5:01pm On May 25, 2020
Ikpuchinonye19:
you have nothing else to type..; D grin

Your gap in knowledge is overwhelming to me. I'd have to give you a full lecture about the topic and you'll still be ignorant at the end of the day. So it's not worth my while. I have other Igbos to annoy grin
Re: Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West by derealj(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2020
I'm not here to argue but the architecture and infrastructure in the west will send you into depression if you stay there for too long.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Southwest Leaders Endorse Tinubu / 50 Illegal Aides Planted In Gbajabiamila’s Office - Daily Independent / Did APC Threaten To Form Parallel Govt If 2015 Elections Were Rigged? - Tribune

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.