Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God (2379 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / To Anti-tithers : How Was The Church Funded In Jesus' Time ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sagenaija: 9:55am On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

John 1:1 was written by John not Jesus. And the interpretation of John 1:1 is debatable as the word you translated as God twice are not the same.

"Logos" occurs over 300 times in the New Testament but it's not translated as Jesus Christ. A few times it's capitalize and many times it's not. Isn't this shady?

You can't cajole me here. And that of Thomas calling Jesus Lord and God in John 20:28, was it God or god, Lord or lord? Was there any difference in Hebrew and Greek?

Kindly give us the equivalent translation of the words translated as God twice in John 1:1 and once in John 20:28 in Greek and Hebrew.

I will bring Bible verses where those same words were used for others not God.

The logic of some of you Moslems is so ridiculous that the best one should do is pity you guys.

Did Mohamed write the Koran?

And here you are telling us Jesus didn't write the gospel. You must grab at any straw you can isn't it?

Were those who wrote the Koran down in pieces of bones, parchments, leaf-stalks of date palms and other materials inspired by Allah to do so? Were Umar who asked Abu Bakr to consider compilling the Koran or Abu Bakr himself or Zayd ibn Thabit who eventually did the collection INSPIRED by Allah?

What of Uthman and his own compilation? Was he INSPIRED to do so by Allah? What about the over 30 versions of the Koran available today?

These are questions to which no Moslem has an answer. Yet it doesn’t seem to bother you guys. Your eyes have been blinded, that's why.

The Greek of the New Testament is EXACT language UNLIKE the Arabic of the Koran is. Therefore to a greater degree than the Arabic of the Koran the New Testament Greek is more understandable.

It is the variants of the Koran that have issues.  That is what should bother you. That is what should make you see that you have been sold a dummy in Islam.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 11:45am On May 26, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
The logic of some of you Moslems is so ridiculous that the best one should do is pity you guys.

Did Mohamed write the Koran?

And here you are telling us Jesus didn't write the gospel. You must grab at any straw you can isn't it?

Were those who wrote the Koran down in pieces of bones, parchments, leaf-stalks of date palms and other materials inspired by Allah to do so? Were Umar who asked Abu Bakr to consider compilling the Koran or Abu Bakr himself or Zayd ibn Thabit who eventually did the collection INSPIRED by Allah?

What of Uthman and his own compilation? Was he INSPIRED to do so by Allah? What about the over 30 versions of the Koran available today?

These are questions to which no Moslem has an answer. Yet it doesn’t seem to bother you guys. Your eyes have been blinded, that's why.

The Greek of the New Testament is EXACT language UNLIKE the Arabic of the Koran is. Therefore to a greater degree than the Arabic of the Koran the New Testament Greek is more understandable.

It is the variants of the Koran that have issues.  That is what should bother you. That is what should make you see that you have been sold a dummy in Islam.

I know you're hungry to bash the Qur'an and Islam but not on this thread.

Let me remind you the questions I asked that you are running away from.

The interpretation of John 1:1 is debatable as the word you translated as God twice are not the same.

"Logos" occurs over 300 times in the New Testament but it's not translated as Jesus Christ. A few times it's capitalize and many times it's not. Isn't this shady?

You can't cajole me here. And that of Thomas calling Jesus Lord and God in John 20:28, was it God or god, Lord or lord? Was there any difference in Hebrew and Greek?

Kindly give us the equivalent translation of the words translated as God twice in John 1:1 and once in John 20:28 in Greek and Hebrew.

Stop deflecting. Explain the Bible you quoted!
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by selingel: 12:34pm On May 26, 2020
Why expend so much energy to prove a point you don't have an iota of idea about? This is why Christianity is the way of life and not one heavenly body worshipping religion that wants to become relevant AT ALL COST.

Please leave JESUS CHRIST alone. Your own Jesus in your book is different from our own Biblical JESUS CHRIST.

Reserved your energy for your terreorist work and compulsive religion.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sonmvayina(m): 12:50pm On May 26, 2020
veeshock:

You shot yourself at the foot already in your attempt to prove that the jews accpet islam more than christianity, you can only deceive yourself like the typical muslim, the question is who do that muslim 17% represent? Jews or palestinians? Do one need the input of jews to know the truth when history is documented?
There is nothing in your link different from what I have said, the jews expect a messiah who is more of a political figure, stop going back and forth mr.

Was that not what God promised them?..like David and Saul
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sagenaija: 1:14pm On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

I know you're hungry to bash the Qur'an and Islam but not on this thread.

Let me remind you the questions I asked that you are running away from.

The interpretation of John 1:1 is debatable as the word you translated as God twice are not the same.

Stop deflecting. Explain the Bible you quoted!

Are you so blinded by Allah that you can't even see and understand simple things?
Must you be spoon-fed on every point?

I answered you. But maybe you wanted a different answer you can argue about.

The Greek of the New Testament is EXACT and more understandable than your Koran. Now, note carefully what that means: it means you can know when a word in Greek means a specific thing. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand. So, when you see a word used like the 'word was God' it simply means GOD. Nothing else.

It is the Koran that is disjointed, disorderly and confusing even for your so-called scholars. That is why you have been running away from all that I have pointed out. Typical of you guys you are doing the deflecting yet accusing me of it. New facts are emerging daily that are damaging to your religion.

Are you ashamed of your religion and Allah? If not why are you unable to respond in his defence?
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 2:39pm On May 26, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]

Are you so blinded by Allah that you can't even see and understand simple things?
Must you be spoon-fed on every point?

I answered you. But maybe you wanted a different answer you can argue about.

The Greek of the New Testament is EXACT and more understandable than your Koran. Now, note carefully what that means: it means you can know when a word in Greek means a specific thing. I hope this is simple enough for you to understand. So, when you see a word used like the 'word was God' it simply means GOD. Nothing else.

It is the Koran that is disjointed, disorderly and confusing even for your so-called scholars. That is why you have been running away from all that I have pointed out. Typical of you guys you are doing the deflecting yet accusing me of it. New facts are emerging daily that are damaging to your religion.

Are you ashamed of your religion and Allah? If not why are you unable to respond in his defence?

Your question can be answered if you start your thread on it and tag me. I didn't compare your Bible with the Qur'an. I know you can't stand criticism when it comes to your Bible in Greek and Hebrew.

Question 1.
Thomas called Jesus Lord and God in John 20:28. Was it "Lord" and "God" or "lord" and "god" from the Greek Bible?

Mention the Greek or Hebrew names translated as God and Lord in the verse.

Questions 2.

In John 1:1, "Logos" was translated as word/Jesus.

"Logos" occurs over 300 times in the New Testament but it's not translated as Jesus Christ. Isn't this shady?

Deflect and compare the Qur'an again!
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 2:52pm On May 26, 2020
plavic:
What exactly is now your point? That Jesus wasn't the Christ? Now when Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, Who do people say that the Son of Man is?

14And they answered, Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.

15He said to them, But who do you [yourselves] say that I am?

16Simon Peter replied, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17Then Jesus answered him, Blessed (happy, fortunate, and [d]to be envied) are you, Simon Bar-Jonah. For flesh and blood [men] have not revealed this to you, but My Father Who is in heaven.
(Matthew 16 vs 13-17)

So according to the beatitudes of Matthew,

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God. (Matthew 5:9)

Doesn't this mean God having son is idiomatic rather than believing God having wife and son till God murdered the same son to save others he created.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by eplanning: 2:52pm On May 26, 2020
Yes He is the son of God, and MESSIAH. But he is not the MOST HIGH, YAHUAH. He was given power and authority by YAH.

That's why I believe TRINITY is a false doctrine.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 3:02pm On May 26, 2020
petra1:

Some even believe he was a criminal .It's not about what some people believe of him . its about who he is what the word of God testifies of him

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:
and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God,
The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

You Sabi Quote Bible verse. It was not mighty "God" but "god" in Greek Bible translated to English. Jesus is your god.

I wonder where he was even called those names in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 3:04pm On May 26, 2020
TAYO124:
The prophecy of the angel Gabriel to Priest Zechariah as well as the culmination of Prophecies about The Christ before His first coming already sealed for all time the diety of Jesus. If you still question this then your own very existence is a mere Illusion.

Which prophecy? Who Prophesyed? You have no solid proof except just switching off your brains!
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 3:05pm On May 26, 2020
Brunicekid:
EXACTLY! Jesus is Christ, the son of the Living God.

How did the Lord born him? By having sex with who?

Mary the mother of God?

God is bigger than all this!
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sagenaija: 4:08pm On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

Your question can be answered if you start your thread on it and tag me. I didn't compare your Bible with the Qur'an. I know you can't stand criticism when it comes to your Bible in Greek and Hebrew.

Question 1.
Thomas called Jesus Lord and God in John 20:28. Was it "Lord" and "God" or "lord" and "god" from the Greek Bible?

Mention the Greek or Hebrew names translated as God and Lord in the verse.

Questions 2.

In John 1:1, "Logos" was translated as word/Jesus.

"Logos" occurs over 300 times in the New Testament but it's not translated as Jesus Christ. Isn't this shady?

Deflect and compare the Qur'an again!

Look again at the title of your thread.

You claimed that no one referred to Jesus Christ as God. I showed you two instances where he was called God.

Now you are running your mouth about how many times a word was used and how it was used. What has that got to do with with what I stated? Absolutely nothing! I have debunked your claim. The onus is on you to prove me wrong if you can. I am not the one to substantiate your claim. If you think you are right show it.

Even if you thought Jesus was a prophet, did he do more than Mohamed ? Yes. Was he more exemplary than Mohamed? Yes. Can you compare Mohamed's morality with his? Absolutely not!

You are simply running away from the unsettling truth of Islam and hoping to find
solace in finding a fault with Christianity. So that, if you can, then you'll satisfy yourself that it's OK to live with Islam's glaring distortions.

But you're wrong. Fighting against Christianity is actually standing in opposition to the one who said: "I am the way, and the truth and the life". Without the way you're lost. Without the truth falsehood will control you. Without the life you'll be lost eternally.

PS:
No one tells another on this forum what to respond to or how.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by petra1(m): 4:24pm On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

You Sabi Quote Bible verse

Thanks for the compliment

It was not mighty "God" but "god" in Greek Bible translated to English. Jesus is your god

You're wrong! Firstly the passage was written in Hebrew not Greek, secondly Theres not capital letter

I wonder where he was even called those names in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Search and acquaint us with your findings
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AgentNairaland(f): 4:36pm On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:
Matthew 21:46
New International Version

allahu AKBOMB is waving at you from the SHRINE of kaaba

1 Like

Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by madegreatbygrace(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2020
Even God himself calls Jesus Christ God

“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 6:43pm On May 26, 2020
petra1:

Thanks for the compliment

You're welcome!

petra1:

You're wrong! Firstly the passage was written in Hebrew not Greek, secondly Theres not capital letter
My bad!
No capital letters so we are both correct! Jesus can be a god/God. Great!

petra1:

Search and acquaint us with your findings

I couldn't see where he was called. Maybe you can see them. I don't want to say that prophecy never came true. So help us find it.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 6:51pm On May 26, 2020
madegreatbygrace:
Even God himself calls Jesus Christ God

“But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So the father God was calling his son God right?

So Making two separate Gods!

Add the Holy Spirit it makes three Gods.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 6:58pm On May 26, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]

Look again at the title of your thread.

You claimed that no one referred to Jesus Christ as God. I showed you two instances where he was called God.

Now you are running your mouth about how many times a word was used and how it was used. What has that got to do with with what I stated? Absolutely nothing! I have debunked your claim. The onus is on you to prove me wrong if you can. I am not the one to substantiate your claim. If you think you are right show it.

Even if you thought Jesus was a prophet, did he do more than Mohamed ? Yes. Was he more exemplary than Mohamed? Yes. Can you compare Mohamed's morality with his? Absolutely not!

You are simply running away from the unsettling truth of Islam and hoping to find
solace in finding a fault with Christianity. So that, if you can, then you'll satisfy yourself that it's OK to live with Islam's glaring distortions.

But you're wrong. Fighting against Christianity is actually standing in opposition to the one who said: "I am the way, and the truth and the life". Without the way you're lost. Without the truth falsehood will control you. Without the life you'll be lost eternally.

PS:
No one tells another on this forum what to respond to or how.

Jesus did more than Muhammad and that's why Christianity is used as the law in Israel the birth country of Jesus today. Infact Christians owns Israel.

Anyways, the ''word'' in John 1:1 is not Jesus Christ. It's a figment of your scholars translations.

And Thomas called Jesus lord and god, not Lord and God as you claim.

Keep arguing with your keyboard.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by madegreatbygrace(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2020
[quote author=AntiChristian post=89988867]

So the father God was calling his son God right?

So Making two separate Gods!

Add the Holy Spirit it makes three Gods.

And do you have any problem with that?
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by madegreatbygrace(m): 8:13pm On May 26, 2020
In two separate incidents, Jesus forgave sins.

“And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:48-49‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yet again,

“And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee. And, behold, certain of the scribes said within themselves, This man blasphemeth.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭9:2-3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Now tell me, who has the power to forgive sins but God?
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by petra1(m): 8:58pm On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

No capital letters so we are both correct! Jesus can be a god/God. Great!

You know you're wrong . Just take the correction.

Jn 10:30 — Jn 10:33
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 26, 2020
sonmvayina:

Was that not what God promised them?..like David and Saul
The Promised One is an everlasting King who reigns forever according to Ezekiel, Daniel and Isaiah atleast, so no way He can be an Earthly King like David and Saul...
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sagenaija: 10:01pm On May 26, 2020
AntiChristian:

Jesus did more than Muhammad and that's why Christianity is used as the law in Israel the birth country of Jesus today. Infact Christians owns Israel.

Anyways, the ''word'' in John 1:1 is not Jesus Christ. It's a figment of your scholars translations.

Keep arguing with your keyboard.

It appears that you are beginning to lose it. Relax.

Your statements are merely your opinion. You need to provide EVIDENCE to prove your point. If I tell you Mohamed raided caravans, married a 6 year old, slaughtered hundreds of Jews in Yathrib and renamed the city, had 11 wives or more at a point in time, had sex slaves, said women are deficient in brain, said the black man looks like the devil, etc, I can SHOW you from Islam's books and prove my point.

But your simply saying that a word in the Bible does not mean what we say it means is just an OPINION. You need to clearly SHOW us how you are right and we are wrong. YOU HAVE NOT SUCCEEDED IN DOING THAT.

You are just typing off your keyboard without thinking clearly about what you write. That is what Islam has done to you guys. It twists your brains making you reason upside-down.

A religion where Allah prays, worships some other being and he is actually part of group of gods leaves much to be desired.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 7:55am On May 27, 2020
sagenaija:
[size=6pt][/size]
It appears that you are beginning to lose it. Relax.

Your statements are merely your opinion. You need to provide EVIDENCE to prove your point. If I tell you Mohamed raided caravans, married a 6 year old, slaughtered hundreds of Jews in Yathrib and renamed the city, had 11 wives or more at a point in time, had sex slaves, said women are deficient in brain, said the black man looks like the devil, etc, I can SHOW you from Islam's books and prove my point.

But your simply saying that a word in the Bible does not mean what we say it means is just an OPINION. You need to clearly SHOW us how you are right and we are wrong. YOU HAVE NOT SUCCEEDED IN DOING THAT.

You are just typing off your keyboard without thinking clearly about what you write. That is what Islam has done to you guys. It twists your brains making you reason upside-down.

A religion where Allah prays, worships some other being and he is actually part of group of gods leaves much to be desired.

Great if it's evidence you want we hope you would accept them when you see them!

I will copy this from Unitarian Christians so it's none of my ideas at all. https://www.biblicalunitarian.com/videos/but-what-about-john-1-1

John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (NIV)

1. It is imperative that the serious student of the Bible come to a basic understanding of[i] logos[/i], which is translated as “Word” in John 1:1. Most Trinitarians believe that the word logos refers directly to Jesus Christ, so in most versions of John[i] logos[/i] is capitalized and translated “Word” (some versions even write “Jesus Christ” in John 1:1). However, a study of the Greek word logos shows that it occurs more than 300 times in the New Testament, and in both the NIV and the KJV it is capitalized only 7 times (and even those versions disagree on exactly when to capitalize it). When a word that occurs more than 300 times is capitalized fewer than 10 times, it is obvious that when to capitalize and when not to capitalize is a translators’ decision based on their particular understanding of Scripture.

As it is used throughout Scripture, logos has a very wide range of meanings along two basic lines of thought. One is the mind and products of the mind like “reason,” (thus “logic” is related to logos) and the other is the expression of that reason as a “word,” “saying,” “command” etc. The Bible itself demonstrates the wide range of meaning logos has, and some of the ways it is translated in Scripture are: account, appearance, book, command, conversation, eloquence, flattery, grievance, heard, instruction, matter, message, ministry, news, proposal, question, reason, reasonable, reply, report, rule, rumor, said, say, saying, sentence, speaker, speaking, speech, stories, story, talk, talking, teaching, testimony, thing, things, this, truths, what, why, word and words.

Meaning of Logos translated as "Word" in John 1:1
Any good Greek lexicon will also show this wide range of meaning (the words in italics are translated from logos):

1. speaking; words you say (Rom. 15:18, “what I have said and done”).
2. a statement you make (Luke 20:20 – (NASB), “they might catch him in some statement).
3. a question (Matt. 21:24, “I will also ask you one question”).
4. preaching (1 Tim. 5:17, “especially those whose work is preaching and teaching).
5. command (Gal. 5:14, “the entire law is summed up in a single command”).
6. proverb; saying (John 4:37, “thus the saying, ‘One sows, and another reaps’”).
7. message; instruction; proclamation (Luke 4:32, “his message had authority”).
8. assertion; declaration; teaching (John 6:60, “this is a hard teaching”).
9. the subject under discussion; matter (Acts 8:21, “you have no part or share in this ministry.” Acts 15:6 (NASB), “And the apostles… came together to look into this matter”).
10. revelation from God (Matt. 15:6, “you nullify the Word of God ”).
11. God’s revelation spoken by His servants (Heb. 13:7, “leaders who spoke the Word of God”).
12. a reckoning, an account (Matt. 12:36, “men will have to give account” on the day of judgment).
13. an account or “matter” in a financial sense (Matt. 18:23, A king who wanted to settle “accounts” with his servants. Phil. 4:15, “the matter of giving and receiving”).
14. a reason; motive (Acts 10:29 – NASB), “I ask for what reason you have sent for me”).

When you are through with this we can continue. or you can conclude this by going to the link given above.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 8:04am On May 27, 2020
petra1:

You know you're wrong . Just take the correction.

Where is the correction? Of cos I will take it if it's genuine, factual, evidence-based and non-contradictory.

petra1:

Jn 10:30 — Jn 10:33
I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

But did Jesus ever call himself God directly in any of his speeches? It's not hard to say "I am God" to people right?

petra1:

1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

I have treated this here https://www.nairaland.com/5607110/notorious-insertion-bible-1-john as it is believed by many Bible scholars as an insertion to the Bible. The verse is present in KJV and very few Bible translations.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 8:38am On May 27, 2020
[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=89990695][/quote]

Of cos not! The only Problem I have is when Jesus said "Hear O Israel the Lord our God is One."

And you are saying the Lord is 2 and 3 now!

Big Problem.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sagenaija: 11:31am On May 27, 2020
AntiChristian:

Great if it's evidence you want we hope you would accept them when you see .
You have provided no evidence. What you have done is present a writeup that says that 'logos' has wide range of meanings.

To clear things for you, IF you are willing to learn, let me give an example of a word and then link it to the John portion.

Look at these two statements:
1. John turned RIGHT to the valley.
2. John was RIGHT about the matter.

Even though the same Word 'RIGHT' was used in the two sentences do they mean the same thing? No. One is referring to DIRECTION. The other to CORRECTNESS.

What made the difference? CONTEXT!!!!

In JOHN chapter 1 the talk about the "Logos" did not just end in the first few words of the sentence but is linked not only to the end of the sentence but to other successive verses.

Therefore, when the verse read "In the beginning was the "Logos", and the "Logos" was with God, and the "Logos" was God Himself".
John 1:1 it should be clear that the "Logos" is identified as God. Right?

If you then go down to the following verses the "Logos" is seen as the creator, the Life and the Light. Going further, it is said that the "Logos" -"became flesh, and lived among us; and we [actually] saw His glory, glory as belongs to the [One and] only begotten Son of the Father, [the Son who is truly unique, the only One of His kind, who is] full of grace and truth (absolutely free of deception). John 1:14 AMP

So, it should CLEAR then that from the CONTEXT of this passage it can ONLY mean that the "Logos" is the one who came in flesh - the
God-man, Jesus Christ.

Ignoring the CONTEXT is what will make anyone think otherwise.
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by madegreatbygrace(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=AntiChristian post=90004086]

But did Jesus ever call himself God directly in any of his speeches? It's not hard to say "I am God" to people right?

Did Jesus ever call Himself a prophet?
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by sonmvayina(m): 12:53pm On May 27, 2020
veeshock:

The Promised One is an everlasting King who reigns forever according to Ezekiel, Daniel and Isaiah atleast, so no way He can be an Earthly King like David and Saul...

Quote the relevant scriptures... I am waiting..
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by madegreatbygrace(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=89991448

You obviously and deliberately failed to answer this, Mr. Antichrist. Nevertheless, I'll modify it so I can properly get my point across.

Your Quaran agrees that it is only God that can forgive sins.

And those who, when they commit a foul deed or wrong themselves, remember ALLAH and implore forgiveness for their sins- and who can forgive sins except ALLAH - and who not knowingly persist in what they do - Surah 3:135

In two separate incidents, Jesus forgave sins.

“And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭7:48-49‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Yet again,

“When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee. But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts, Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spirit that they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk? But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭2:5-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Thus, both the Bible and the Quaran declare that it's only God that can forgive sins. Now the question is, should an "ordinary Prophet" lay claim to the forgiveness of sins?
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by madegreatbygrace(m): 1:29pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=AntiChristian post=89989082]

Keep arguing with your keyboard

While you're at that, it may interest you to know that your Quaran calls God, the first and the last. As a matter of fact, “The first and the last” are two of your Allah’s 99 names in your Quaran.

He is the first and the last and the Ascendant over all and the knower of hidden things, ..............Surah 57:3

Also, in the Bible, we read :

“Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭44:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So both the Bible and the Quaran call God the first and the last.

Then Jesus, whom you claim to be a prophet, calls Himself the first and the last.

“And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭1:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

So how would a "mere prophet" take upon himself, a title attributed to God alone, if indeed he is not God?
Re: During Jesus's Time People Believed him As A Prophet Not God by AntiChristian: 2:05pm On May 27, 2020
[quote author=madegreatbygrace post=90011737][/quote]

O! You are right!

He didn't. He called himself a messenger of God!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Todays Devotion,22 August.a New Beginning / TB Joshua Critics Are His Sign Board For His Church / How Did You Do Your Boxing Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.