Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,101 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:46 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33791 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

Nobody said so! Use reading glasses if you need them.

david leave muki alone now
she may soon be an inlaw grin
The Lord does work in mysterious ways,his wonders to perform!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:19am On Jun 13, 2007
11 pages. awesome. lol

babyosisi:

my sister,I am not ashamed to say that I buy the foods from the store, cook and clean daily.
I even make meat pies and moi moi.
My man can cook too but I don't demand we share cooking 50/50 because I'm now in America.
He works a whole lot longer hours than I do and sometimes he's home before me but I don't expect him to run in and start making semo for me when I arrive.

If I called him to put rice to boil while I'm driving home or cut up the meat for me while I'm on the way,he will not hesitate.
Like I-man says,the man brings home the bacon,it's only fair that I know how to cook it.

bring in my own smaller bacon too

cool.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 13, 2007
wes,what's your stand on this topic?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 13, 2007
babyosisi:

No stand. she's waiting to take potluck shots at my posts. That's all she seems to do these days.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:27am On Jun 13, 2007
david,be nice to these girls,you never know who God says is the one grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 13, 2007
I shall not be found guilty of child abuse.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:36am On Jun 13, 2007
babyosisi:

a woman who can't cook has values.
any woman that's not amputated, or has disability with her hands, can cook. It's just up to her if she likes to cook or not.

I personally know that i don't like to cook. It's fun only when i have nothing else to do. a lot of other things interest me more than cooking.

This is a new dimension to the expand the debate beyond its original context philosophy.[b]This is not about women who can't cook well but women who can't cook at all.[/b]The woman we have spent 9 pages discussing(you must have missed it) cannot cook for her kids so there will be nothing for them to taste.

you mean a woman with amputated arms?
you mean if all the fast food stores are closed (lol) and she's locked up in the kitchen for 2 weeks, she won't be able to cook to save her life?
even the most clueless person in the world can put two things together in the kitchen to prepare something, with cookbooks and all.

I think that both males and females should learn cooking. but then this depends on the situation/ environment and all the other factors (gender roles and whatnot)
I have my own ideals though and i'm just stating them.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:37am On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

No stand. she's waiting to take potluck shots at my posts. That's all she seems to do these days.

lol. I swear i quote your posts more than any other person on this site. That's how annoying you are!!!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

lol. I swear i quote your posts more than any other person on this site. That's how annoying you are!!!

lol i very much doubt it has anything to do with my being annoying at all. Most of the threads i post in do not have any relation to you, you only pop in to post in response to whatever i have to say. funny enough you seem to gloss over the same responses by others on the same thread!!! grin
You're just a kiddo really, you should be more interested in passing ur GED than coming here to respond on threads that have to do with married women.

I fully expect your diatribe. No be wesleyana? grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:48am On Jun 13, 2007
shush. I graduated High School i don't need GED.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 1:50am On Jun 13, 2007
you mean a woman with amputated arms?
you mean if all the fast food stores are closed (lol) and she's locked up in the kitchen for 2 weeks, she won't be able to cook to save her life?
even the most clueless person in the world can put two things together in the kitchen to prepare something, with cookbooks and all.
I don't what to be mean to this teenybopper. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 1:51am On Jun 13, 2007
trust me, I can be meaner than you, old man river.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

trust me, I can be meaner than you, old man river.

Grow up, u're still in ur teens. go find ur agemate to play mean, meaner, meanest with. You're on auto-ignore now.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by debosky(m): 2:00am On Jun 13, 2007
bros david kai, take it easy on the youngin, she's free to express her own views isn't she?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:04am On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

Grow up, u're still in your teens. go find your agemate to play mean, meaner, meanest with. You're on auto-ignore now.

quit contradicting yourself.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 13, 2007
debosky:

bros david kai, take it easy on the youngin, she's free to express her own views isn't she?

my brother, today na pay them back in their own coins day jare. Dem too dey get away with insulting others unprovoked.

On topic jare, one american woman just proudly confessed to being a genius at jollof rice and egusi soup, my own area of expertise. Meanwhile some chickens wey marriage still dey as far as the east is from the west dey misyarn about 50:50 and slavery!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:10am On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

my brother, today na pay them back in their own coins day jare. Dem too dey get away with insulting others unprovoked.

On topic jare, one american woman just proudly confessed to being a genius at jollof rice and egusi soup, my own area of expertise. Meanwhile some chickens wey marriage still dey as far as the east is from the west dey misyarn about 50:50 and slavery!

are they frying akara too?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 13, 2007
maybe not, at least egusi and jollof rice is a step in the right direction from the "why should i cook" attitude of some. Jollof rice is pretty hard though, i find myself burning it a lot.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:14am On Jun 13, 2007

On topic jare, one american woman just proudly confessed to being a genius at jollof rice and egusi soup

If you're nigerian, that's not something to be proud of.

Jollof rice is pretty hard though, i find myself burning it a lot.

now, you need to go and learn to cook.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 13, 2007
well oga don return,I need to go and cook.

yes,I have to go and cook cool
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:19am On Jun 13, 2007
goodluck, i hope you get to eat out of your own food before the house finishes it.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 13, 2007
babyosisi:

grin grin You should refuse to cook and insist on 50:50. A "real man" wont condemn you to slavery in the kitchen. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Iman3(m): 2:22am On Jun 13, 2007
babyosisi:

The horror! shocked The horror! shocked
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 13, 2007
WesleyanA:

now, you need to go and learn to cook.

burning jollof rice became the in thing in college. If you've ever noticed, the sweetest part of the rice is the burnt part. I should be teaching u to cook.  tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:33am On Jun 13, 2007
I-man:

The horror! shocked The horror! shocked

yeah that's scary!! undecided

i'll travel around the world twice and back if i get married to a professional chef.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 2:35am On Jun 13, 2007
davidylan:

grin grin You should refuse to cook and insist on 50:50.

she just told us that he works longer hours. that balances it out.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:10am On Jun 13, 2007
RichyBlack, you're an idiot and that is all I have to say to your wack ass.

Btw since food is the way to a retarded African man's heart, how come you guys still cheat on your women? The ones that live their entire lives just to cook for you.

I'd like an answer. Thanks.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:10am On Jun 13, 2007
I'll like to acknowledge all the ladies in here who have kept it real and are proud to show off their revered cooking skills to the delight of their families:
[list]
[li]babyosisi[/li]
[li]Imani[/li]
[li]tete[/li]
[li]hot chic[/li]
[li]Razorr[/li]
[li]Kaliyat[/li]
[li]queen2[/li]
[/list]

babyosisi, deserves special mention because she's the only one I'm sure is married in the list. Thank you all for your words of wisdom.

A prayer for you all:
Heavenly father, I call upon your holy name today with respect to these wonderful women. For those already married, may you continue to shower them with love, joy and happiness. If they seek the fruit of the womb, may you grant them blessed children. For those still looking for that special person, may you grant them their heart desires. For those who have found that special person but are yet to be married, may their hopes and desires, in every facet of life be granted by God Almighty. May the day of their wedding be a day of immense joy, peace and happiness. If they are still in school; guide them through their education so that they come out in flying colors. For those searching for a better job or just a job; place them with the right people, in the right place and at the right time so that their dreams of a good job will be actualized. May they all see their children grow to become prosperous. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by cuteNhot(f): 4:12am On Jun 13, 2007
Here is a Nigerian Females who's very scared of the ticking clock.
tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc
so please excuse the bile in her comment cheesy cheesy grin
ThiefOfHearts:

Btw since food is the way to a retarded African man's heart, how come you guys still cheat on your women? The ones that live their entire lives just to cook for you.

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:34am On Jun 13, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Okay, now that I've finished praying for those seven wonderful ladies, I hope the Lord will forgive me as I dive into the pit to wrestle with a swine. Here we go:
ThiefOfHearts, you're a lost soul. I'm 100% sure you're not married. Which man will take you seriously? Did I hear you say you have a man? Forget it! He's only using you as a toy! Continue with your stink-up bumbaclot attitude and you'll be over 55 with a long list of men that have screwed you, dumped you and gone for other more respectful women (willing to cook grin) as life-partners! I've met your type; far from the high-achieving women that every man respects, you're most likely a lazy, dull, angry, ugly beast. Instead of sitting your fat ass watching Oprah and smoking pot, get up and go learn to cook, maybe some guy will over-look your fat ugly ass and take you seriously! Listen asswipe, if you do not change that f*#ked-up attitude of yours, forget about men period. Feminazi, you can as well date other dykes, at least that's part of the feminazi idealogy! Crazed bitch, you will never see the inside of a loving home until you remove that nastiness in your decayed soul. ThiefOfHearts! Looking for heart to steal? Yours is gone, destroyed by the so-called real men you let in; ravaged you and left you with bitterness towards all men. F*&k you upside down!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:44am On Jun 13, 2007
cute_N_hot:

Here is a Nigerian Females who's very scared of the ticking clock.
tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc
so please excuse the bile in her comment cheesy cheesy grin

@cute_N_hot, I understand your plea and respect it. However, the ogress started it. I posted something and she started insulting me. I understand disagreeing with my view or even insulting my position, but I think insulting someone is crossing the line. Trolls like her do not understand restraint and I will exercise it minimally with her.

You're absolutely correct, she's most definitely afraid of something, maybe time, maybe men!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by GNature(m): 4:51am On Jun 13, 2007
subscribing

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22)

3,000 Applicant Screened For Gombe Mass Wedding / He Is 36, Still Stays With His Parents And Wants To Marry Her. Help!!! / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.