Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,583 members, 7,850,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? (33734 Views)

Poll: Can a woman who can't cook be a good wife?

Yes: 58% (41 votes)
No: 41% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Can't Cook? / A Lesser Evil: A Wife Who Can't Cook Or A Wife Who Can't Manage The Home / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 13, 2007
too late grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:05am On Jun 13, 2007
Lol RichyFat, cute_n_Hot is a man by the name of jammin who obviously wants my attention you retarded slowpoke and I didnt even bother reading your garbage because I'm sure in all of that bullshit you wrote, you didnt even answer my simple question.

olori buruku, aburo oloshi.  grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by RichyBlacK(m): 6:26am On Jun 13, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol RichyFat, cute_n_Hot is a man by the name of jammin who obviously wants my attention you retarded slowpoke and I didnt even bother reading your garbage because I'm sure in all of that bullshit you wrote, you didnt even answer my simple question.

olori buruku, aburo oloshi. grin

ThiefOfHearts, the old ugly hag, I made no assumptions about the gender of the poster, so spare me the unnecessary info.

Guys cheat on women like you because they don't care about your lot. If you change your angry byatch mentality, he'll take you more seriously and stay with you. However, if you continue on this path to destruction, your heart and soul will be fragmented to quarks. You ask this question because, it's been happening to you over and over again, and you truly want ot know why. Simple, change your appaling ways and you'll see the difference.

Meanwhile, go sit your sad, retarded, lonely, herpes-infested, syphilis-harassed ass somewhere. Smoke pot, bitch about men, watch Oprah and eat junk food. When you get to 55 (if some thug you let into your hopeless life doesn't put you six feet under before then), think about what RichyBlack told you! F@#ktard.

Still wrestling in the mud with a swine!
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Razorr(f): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked

*Faints.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2007
@topic
@Davidylan
@all,

let's get the question right, cos there are two way traffic to this question.:

A. A woman who can't cook at all and she is NOT willing to learn how to[i](High Class Ladies).[/i]
B. A woman who can't cook at all but, is eager to learn

The value of a woman in category A is simply bad and unacceptable, while category B is commendable and should be given time to learn in due course.

se finis tongue
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Imani(f): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2007
Please guys, don't let this thread degenerate to just scoring personal points and insults. There is no need for all that.

@Topic

Ladies should learn to cook for their families or at least attempt to learn.

However, not all ladies want this and as long as they let their intended spouses know or thier families are ok with the decision, then each to his/her own.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by lobinoxebe(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2007
PORSUE AM COMOT FOR NA HOUSE, SEY NA U GO DEY COOK ABI, WOMAN RAPPA,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by mukina2: 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2007
Razorr:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

*Faints.

joining you in *fainting* 

shocked   shocked    shocked

from cooking to insults NL cheesy
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2007
@richyblack, i tot maneater asked u a simple question?so what is it with the insults.Grow up man! and quit rantin like an old bitch, i have been readin ur post and they all suck and u suck
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2007
i can u see u are wrestling with a woman gosh that shows how shallow ur brain is, go out and wrestle with real men bloody weaklin sucker richyblack
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Islander(f): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
anabell:

i can u see u are wrestling with a woman gosh that shows how shallow your brain is, go out and wrestle with real men bloody weaklin sucker richyblack

such a shame, Anyway most men believe that being verbally abusive is the way to a woman's heart, yet they are here arguing about food angry angry
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2007
OlowoTee:

@topic
@Davidylan
@all,

let's get the question right, because there are two way traffic to this question.:

A. A woman who can't cook at all and she is NOT willing to learn how to[i](High Class Ladies).[/i]
B. A woman who can't cook at all but, is eager to learn

The value of a woman in category A is simply bad and unacceptable, while category B is commendable and should be given time to learn in due course.

se finis tongue

You were wrong on one score about women in category A, what is "highclass" about a woman who cant cook and is not willing to learn how to? Are all ladies who cook low class? Women in this category are simply lazy, period!

Women in category B abound everywhere, i will gladly teach anyone who shows an enthusiasm in learning. We all learnt at the feet of a woman at some point.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by tete(f): 3:37pm On Jun 13, 2007
@RichyBlack

Thanks so much for your prayers. May God grant you your heart desires as well.

Take it easy on the ladies sha. Its not worth the bother.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Kayus99(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2007
@all,

when cosidering the response to this question one need to take a long term view. The way i see it, IT DEPENDS.

For example, if the intent is to settle down with her then a woman that cant cook and will not learn how to cook becomes a mother that cant cook (assumptions made here). So now the question is What is the value of a Mother that cant cook? I am sure that many of you that have suggested the modern day alternative of getting a chef will be very hesitant in having them prepare food for your infants. Hence she has no value whatsoever in the kitchen department.

On the other hand if you are not planning on settling down with her then the question need not arise because its a matter of time.

@topic, hope this helps you making a decision, if any.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Davidylan
Don't get me wrong, I am not in support of Category A ladies, No, Not at all. I call them 'high class' because,  that is how they feel and see themselves. They see the kitchen as a No-Go-Area.

Recently, I read a story of a married woman(A Celebrity) who says she doesn't cook cos she wouldn't want to spoil her FINGERNAILS (cos of her costly pedicure lipsrsealed).  Hence, her Chef does the cooking. I was bewildered when i read it. I just imagine what her daughters would grow up to become, Maybe category A as well shocked

I advocate for women who cook and cook well. Bet you, most of the ladies here clamouring for 50-50 are REAL WOMEN, that know how to cook, just that they'd like to pull some legs. And let people like RichBlack get on his nerves, and Davidylan spit fire.  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin .

Just take it cool, I'm sure God'd give you a woman that befits you.

Love you all, You're wonderful
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 4:00pm On Jun 13, 2007
very interesting viewpoint Kayus99.

the thread got derailed a few pages ago when certain individuals brought it upon themselves to turn this into a feminist concentration camp.  The OP did not ask that cooking responsibilities be shared between man and wife, he asked about the value of a woman who cannot cook.

The last poster made a very good contribution to the thread.
What can be said about a mother that can't cook?
That would make for a better discussion, in my opinion.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2007
Bet you, most of the ladies here clamouring for 50-50 are REAL WOMEN, that know how to cook
Not true, pure speculation.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2007
Pure speculations??!!!

Otio, I r o. angry

Please check out the section for food under General Discussion and you see for yourself.

Speculations ko, speculations ni. grin
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2007
Pure speculations??!!!

Otio, I r o.

Please check out the section for food under General Discussion and you see for yourself.

Speculations ko, speculations ni. 
You made a statement irrelevant of the "section for food,"
yes, as far as i'm concerned, speculation it was.
if what you said is indeed true, then i'd have to disagree with you and say they're feminists who enjoy advocating for equality.  The OP's question didn't ask about sharing cooking responsibilities did it?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by desertboom(m): 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2007
A real womwan should know how to cook, food is very essential to health, if a woman can't cook she should forfeit her husband period.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by iice(f): 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2007
Real woman? undecided
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2007
my stands still remains 50 -50 bringing in money together and doing household work together
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 4:49pm On Jun 13, 2007
lol, yes "Real Woman" grin. The term(I hope) is not new to you; although it has no definitive meaning.
Different people have their different definitions/criterion of what/who a "real woman" is.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2007
my stands still remains 50 -50 bringing in money together and doing household work together
what has this got to do with 'the value of a woman who cannot cook'? undecided
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Proverbial,

Mind you, I said "M O S T of the ladies here, " and not[b] ALL[/b].  Pls, check the sentence again
It's not impossible that there are still some advocating for equality as you said. Of which, i'm not in support of!!!

Got the picture?
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by anabell(f): 4:55pm On Jun 13, 2007
cos if u read some of the post here, u see that some of the guys are lookin 4 a slave that will be at their back and call not a wife
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by iice(f): 4:56pm On Jun 13, 2007
@proverbial, indeed grin True what you said. It's means different things to different people but. . .
I just got a mental image of a woman with no female organs when i read that post
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by abdulD1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2007
cooking is just something else,
not something i look for in a woman,
A woman who can't  cook has a 99% value to me,
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Proverbial,

Mind you, I said "M O S T of the ladies here, " and not ALL.  Please, check the sentence again
It's not impossible that there are still some advocating for equality as you said. Of which, i'm not in support of!!!

Got the picture?
I got the picture long ago.  I took liberty of glancing through the pages, and yes "most of the ladies here" did not reveal their culminary abilities.  You probably thought you'd be able to state that so freely without expecting some retortion.
you later introduced the "food section" - which certainly can support your said claim.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by proverbial: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2007
I just got a mental image of a woman with no female organs when i read that post
laughable.

anabell, I'm sorry you feel that way.
I'm getting ready to start a topic on feminism in marriage.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by WesleyanA(f): 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2007
not all men are the same anyways. most of the active men on this thread are one kind:

they're the misogynists wannabe. davidylan especially.

and there are other kinds. the sweet ones, like this guy cheesy

abdul_D:

cooking is just something else,
not something i look for in a woman,
A woman who can't cook has a 99% value to me,

@Topic: If your wife doesn't cook for you and only cook for herself and kids, it's a sign that she probably doesn't love you or she wants you to be more responsible. do your part and she'll do hers. it's 50: 50.
Re: What Is The Value Of A Woman Who Can't Cook? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jun 13, 2007
@Proverbial
Don't you think you're missing it somewhere. You refused to get the gist. The people clammouring for 50-50 never told you that they do not know how to cook.(whether they show their culinary skills or not)

The group of people clamouring for 50-50 are either those:

1. That knows how to cook, but are not ready to take up the full responsibility in their matrimonial home(for reasons best known to them).

OR

2. Those that do not know how to cook at all(@Topic) and are not ready to learn

So, my assertion is still correct, it's now a question of how many of these ladies are ready to take up the responsibility in their homes. It's a matter of choice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22)

Tribute To My Mother In Law / Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl / Father Of Twins Abandoned At Lagos Hospital Vows Not To Take Their Mother Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.