Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (299 Views)

Strict Parents Raise The Best Children. / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse / What Were Your Concerns Before Marriage And How Did It Turn Out After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by marviebeacinho: 10:07am On May 26, 2020
It is now I understand what being strict does, it makes you live a life of pretence, cos when I got into University I wanted to explore everything I didn’t have the chance of doing at home.

I drank alcohol like crazy, smoked weed, hung out with rich boys, partying, doing drugs but when I go visit my Parents, I still act like that innocent girl they have always known.

My Dad’s strictness led to my Pretence, if he had drawn me close like my mum did, I would have been a better kid.

When parents use strictness to shut down a kids curiosity instead of guiding them, you are making matters worse for that kid. Because eventually that curiosity will lead them into adventures and exploring all those things you refused them to..

Looking back, al the flogging I received from my dad only made me more stubborn and ruthless.

Nothing really changed? Until my mum made me change for good.

Parents need to use wisdom not force.
https://www.marvelzglobe.info/2020/05/why-children-of-strict-parents-turn-out.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by RiyadhGoddess(f): 11:25am On May 26, 2020
120% true. Just the same way I asked my parents, did any of your children turn out to be first ladies or what have you despite all the strictness and wickedness in the name of discipline I hope today's parent learn from the mistakes of our old school parents...

Hello, just a quick intro, I’m Shile aka Riyadhgoddess. I’m a Church Communicator, Account & Creative Mgr, Writer, Jesus Follower and a nobody who is happy to tell somebody about Jesus Christ. I’m the author of the books: Atonement, The Mystery of Reconciliation and The Devil’s Mission, The Real Sign of The End Time. Read my signature below.
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by bukatyne(f): 12:10pm On May 26, 2020
marviebeacinho:

It is now I understand what being strict does, it makes you live a life of pretence, cos when I got into University I wanted to explore everything I didn’t have the chance of doing at home.

I drank alcohol like crazy, smoked weed, hung out with rich boys, partying, doing drugs but when I go visit my Parents, I still act like that innocent girl they have always known.

My Dad’s strictness led to my Pretence, if he had drawn me close like my mum did, I would have been a better kid.

When parents use strictness to shut down a kids curiosity instead of guiding them, you are making matters worse for that kid. Because eventually that curiosity will lead them into adventures and exploring all those things you refused them to..

Looking back, al the flogging I received from my dad only made me more stubborn and ruthless.

Nothing really changed? Until my mum made me change for good.

Parents need to use wisdom not force.
https://www.marvelzglobe.info/2020/05/why-children-of-strict-parents-turn-out.html?m=1

Is this not someone's story here?

@FeliciaOja

Is your story fake?
Or do you own this blog?
Or did the blog steal it from you?

Training & discipline is different from punishment.

A lot of parents don't train their kids, they just punish them.
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 26, 2020
You can force a camel to the stream, but you cannot force the camel to drink from the stream.

When you apply the principle of force and brutality in trying to tame a child, he turns out to be a rebel.

The only way to train a child is through the word of GOD, allow the child to know the disadvantages of doing wrong and advantages of doing right.

Train your children In love and fear of God, always advised them and always give your children the impression that they can come to you to discuss anything.

But if you use force, shout and brutality, you hardened their hearts and they learn how to be pretentious while neglecting your advice.

By the order of the Peaky blinders.
Re: Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse by FeliciaOja(f): 4:37am On May 27, 2020
bukatyne:

Is this not someone's story here?

@FeliciaOja

Is your story fake?
Or do you own this blog?
Or did the blog steal it from you?

Training & discipline is different from punishment.

A lot of parents don't train their kids, they just punish them.
My dear, the amount of emails and mentions I have received for that post is crazy. I'm not surprised if hungry bloggers steal my story. It got over 40k views

(1) (Reply)

Check This Scenery / That Person You Know That Lost Their Job May Need This / It's 2020,stay Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.