Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (70217 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 31, 2020
StPete:
Witnesses do not pray openly angry
The ones that preached for me always start their teaching with prayer and also ends it with prayer. Though they don't do politics, joining of the armed forces, blood transfusion, hell fire, speaking in tongues, Christmas celebration. e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2020
WINDSOW:
You dont need know the Faith I belong. Tell your religious head that I said y'all hypocrites! Go tell him, I sent u. Perfect n hypocritical gathering of saints.
Alright case closed.
Just take an assignment home, go and check the definition of hypocrisy again, check the Faith you practice ,check yourself and confirm if there exist any atom of hypocrisy there.
If there is, you have the moral right to keep silent, because anything time you call JWs hypocritics on this platform, you become a master hypocrite yourself.
Shalom
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by luap1990(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2020
femicyrus:
I once heard they have problem with national flag or something related
To learn why JW don't salute flag visit our website www.jw.org
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mitchyy(f): 2:57pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
You don't respect them, you judge them by calling them idol and pictures worshippers. That's not respect. And trust me, you do pressure people. I have first hand experience.

I don't know what you mean by judge but i for one has never judged anyone belonging to another religion and i believe so many other Witnesses also do not. That is not what we are taught. There are millions of Witnesses in the world. You shouldn't judge millions of people with the action of one or two.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by xandy84: 2:57pm On May 31, 2020
Jehovah witness save my life. Growing up in Bariga in late 90's with all the craziness then, I don't think I would have made it out of the hell hole cos most of my friends did not made it alive, and those we made it, did not even finish secondary school not to talk of going to University. Their emphasis on reading turns me from E students to straight A student and I broke the Curse in my street the to be the first to attend Unilag.
I am no longer a witness but most of their teaching is still with me.

Hotzone:
I respect them...
To be a witness, nnaa, u must carry ur Gucci bag join body for what they called “pioneer service”.
Even though I am not with them any longer but I still respect most of their values and through them, I learnt how to dress like a gentleman which has helped me in my career

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by frankblinkz(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2020
Mjbless16:

I don't need to make any finding abt JW coz I'm a Jehovah Witness.
I asked that question because what you said wasn't true.
Ok,i have bn cleared by a JW abt it..ur method of giving should be adopted by every other churches..sacred giving is d best

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 2:58pm On May 31, 2020
rosalieene:
My major concern about Jehovah witness people is that they feel like they are the only true worshippers of God and following biblical teachings while other churches are not.
they also dont believe in prophecy etc

Jehovah's Witnesses believe strongly in prophecy. Jesus has revealed in the Bible events that will take place even a thousand years from now. We believe so much in those prophecies as enshrined in the Bible.
So if Jesus' disciples have been told what will happen centuries from now, which other prophecy do we need again? Or you have another prophecy in mind? The entire Bible is God's prophetic word.
Everyone believes his religion is the true one. So it should not come as a surprise that JW believe they are the true religion. If we don't believe why expend so much time and energy in a religion that you have doubts about it's authenticity. Believing that we are the true religion is a mark of virtue. Don't you believe in your religion?
Really, have you tried to examine why the JW would hold such a belief so dear to our hearts? Why not try and do that please.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 3:01pm On May 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

I have done that several times. others are what if God does not exist? what if Bible is not inspired by God?

You may have asked all the other questions. But I doubt you have ask the question "is Jehovah witness a false religion"
And you should'nt do this jw.org.
Be open to truth and see independent thoughts on this

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 3:01pm On May 31, 2020
mitchyy:

I don't know what you mean by judge but i for one has never judged anyone belonging to another religion and i believe so many other Witnesses also do not. That is not what we are taught. There are millions of Witnesses in the world. You shouldn't judge millions of people with the action of one or two.
Why don't you enter other people's church when invited? I know someone who went for a wedding but stayed outside till they came out, why?

A friend was chased out of the uncle's house because he refused to attend Jehovah witness with them, why? This is no hearsay.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 3:02pm On May 31, 2020
xandy84:
Jehovah witness save my life. Growing up in Bariga in late 90's with all the craziness then, I don't think I would have made it out of the hell hole cos most of my friends did not made it alive, and those we made it, did not even finish secondary school not to talk of going to University. Their emphasis on reading turns me from E students to straight A student and I broke the Curse in my street the to be the first to attend Unilag.
Why are you no longer a JW?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 3:04pm On May 31, 2020
xandy84:

I concur . Exposing you to those literatures early in life would certainly help your brain power. Just like exposing a child to reading the Bible at an early age would help the brain power as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by WINDSOW(m): 3:05pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Alright case closed.
Just take an assignment home, go and check the definition of hypocrisy again, check the Faith you practice ,check yourself and confirm if there exist any atom of hypocrisy there.
If there is, you have the moral right to keep silent, because anything time you call JWs hypocritics on the platform, you become a master hypocrite yourself.
Shalom
Dont shalom me. I have my reasons y am calling JW out. I hate u guys badly. One thing I like about u guys is you are well coordinated but always believe your are the best. Y'all think y'all are saints.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mitchyy(f): 3:07pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Why don't you enter other people's church when invited? I know someone who went for a wedding but stayed outside till they came out, why?

A friend was chased out of the uncle's house because he refused to attend Jehovah witness with them, why? This is no hearsay.

As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we enjoy discussing matters of faith with people of all religions, but we do not practice interfaith in the sense of worshipping with those who have other beliefs.

As for the action of your friend's uncle, that was very wrong. We are taught to be tolerant of other people's religion. So the uncle's behaviour was not in line with what the bible teaches us
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Proudlytips: 3:07pm On May 31, 2020
really
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by IamAsiri: 3:07pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

from that verse 10, 11 , is speaking in tongues just uttering meaningless words or speaking in other people's tongues?

have you asked urself if there are any group of people on earth speaking that same meaningless language you utt,ered when speaking in tongues?

Wow! shocked And so he had to result to insults all in the name of convincing grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mitchyy(f): 3:09pm On May 31, 2020
ajebuter:

Thank you Bro..

Yes we are..

Proudly JW.... ;

Hello my sis smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by xandy84: 3:09pm On May 31, 2020
It all started during my Baptism period. I finished all my study, ready for it and even told my parents who was not witness then only to be told I was not ready by the family that help with my studies. It hurt cos I can see people I was better than getting baptized and I felt it happen cos my parents was not a witness and gradually, I just keep losing interest. I tried to start going to meeting when I left Naija but could not keep up. The boat has sailed.

Narijoel:

Why are you no longer a JW?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 3:12pm On May 31, 2020
1x2x3:

LOL its so funny you even think I'm a JW. Oga it's obvious you have limited knowledge of JW, from the little time I dedicated to study them, they hardly and rarely use the word God to recognise the creator rather they use "Jehovah".

I only responded to Ur Jesus is not God statement. I showed u a place in the bible that says otherwise Nd u r here speaking German for me.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 3:12pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

You may have asked all the other questions. But I doubt you have ask the question "is Jehovah witness a false religion"

of course, you have to start from God, Bible, Jehovah's witness

my conclusion -all true.

have u checked for your religion if it is false?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

Is Jehovah's Witnesses a false religion?

No

So instead of wasting your time, trying to mislead people. Take your "truth" to your disorganized denominations with conflicting teachings and doctrines caused by their independent thoughts.
Leave JWs with their united thought which unifies them around the world, cause that very fact is one of reasons why they are convinced that they've identified true religion.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 3:12pm On May 31, 2020
Puffydon1:
The ones that preached for me always start their teaching with prayer and also ends it with prayer. Though they don't do politics, joining of the armed forces, blood transfusion, hell fire, speaking in tongues, Christmas celebration. e.t.c.

Some folks want to see and hear the Witnesses disturbing the neighbourhood with microphone and engaging in frenzied display before they can believe that Jehovah's Witnesses believe in prayer. An average JW prays multiple times daily. Without prayer they cannot succeed as individuals and as an organization. Thank you for your fine observation. Unlike others we JW consider prayer a very serious part of our worship.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by amakadlite(f): 3:13pm On May 31, 2020
Lovelies1:
There is one more thing he didn't add which is Jehovah witness believe that Jehovah created Jesus opposing to Christian that Jesus is Lord and the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three in one person

Anyone who needs this PDF to clear all doubt that the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is one should indicate

Op if you are interested to understand indicate
Jehovah was not created and had no beginning and He is invisible. on the other hand, Jesus was created, he was the first born of all creation, therefore had a beginning, he was visible as was seen when he came down to the earth.. see Colossians 1:15 and 16. look at the mental attitude that Christ had, at Philippians 2:5 and 6. he gave no consideration to seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God. God has always existed. see psalms 90:2 no beginning, no end. he is the king of eternity see revelation 15:2. Jesus did not do his will but that of his father who sent him, see John 6:38, Luke 22:42.. Jesus did not at any point in time receive any nor hornor to himself or even in behalf of his father rather he directed all Glory and honor to his father, he reverend his father and no one else. Almighty God is not a three in one God. He is the highest personage in the whole universe and nothing can change that fact.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by xandy84: 3:14pm On May 31, 2020
Let me paint the picture for you. I failed in SS 1 and was asked to repeat the class cos I had only one credit. The flowing year, I had 6 A's and the rest B's. For the very first time, I believed in myself as a little kid and that changed my life for real

justli:

I concur . Exposing you to those literatures early in life would certainly help your brain power. Just like exposing a child to reading the Bible at an early age would help the brain power as well.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 3:14pm On May 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

Although the U.S. blood supply is safer than ever before, some bacteria, viruses, prions, and parasites can be transmitted by blood transfusions.
for more info
https://www.cdc.gov/bloodsafety/basics.html

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/blood-safety-and-availability

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/blood-donation-process/what-happens-to-donated-blood/blood-transfusions/risks-complications.html

if blood is really safe as you claim, why do u think doctors ask patients or relatives to sign consent form?

Did you read the article you posted??

It states blood transfusions are majorly safe and adverse reactions are RARE. And even states that it SAVES LIVES. You in no way disproved my point, but confirmed it.

Any medical therapy and even medications will have a small chance of side effects and no doctor hides this.

If the small chance of adverse reactions bother you, why bother taking medications or going to hospital at all?

Why do Jehovah witnesses have major surgery then??
They have side effects too you know??

Why don't jehovah witnesses stay in their house and just pray?

Consent form where?? Maybe in Nigeria cos of ppl like you

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 3:16pm On May 31, 2020
mitchyy:

As Jehovah’s Witnesses, we enjoy discussing matters of faith with people of all religions, but we do not practice interfaith in the sense of worshipping with those who have other beliefs.

As for the action of your friend's uncle, that was very wrong. We are taught to be tolerant of other people's religion. So the uncle's behaviour was not in line with what the bible teaches us
Other beliefs, meaning, other Christians or who? You're just talking as if Jehovah Witnesses are the only true Christians which is judging but you'll say you're not. You guys know how to contradict yourself and give the same response over and over under the disguise of English language. What is faith? What is Christianity to you? Who are the Christians?

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mitchyy(f): 3:17pm On May 31, 2020
mperornero:
JW are the most logical Christians I have ever met ... if not for their evangelism wouldn't mind joining them. but how man go dey carry bag up and down for hot sun.??

Thanks bro. When you realize its one of the most important command we were given at Matthew 24:14, you wouldn't see it as an issue. Our lives are at stake if we don't preach, including the lives of others who need to hear the truth get close to Jehovah. That is why we take this work of preaching, in favourable season and unfavourable. Its a work we enjoy because it makes Jehovah the God we serve, happy.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 3:17pm On May 31, 2020
mitchyy:

Yes you should. Are you not interested in knowing the truth? Does the truth scare you?

Simply say you have no proof.

You only reject blood because your religion told you too, not that you know for yourself.

Sheep.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Christaks(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2020
Christaks:

The only Question I have is,

Is it written in your Bible that One should not do a blood transfusion.?

I know your answer will be like, ' Where is written that one should do it'

Is God against Blood transfusion? I am only asking to know more.

Cc Chatinent still waiting for your answer.

I need it for knowledge sake. Tnks.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 3:18pm On May 31, 2020
mitchyy:

Can u tell me why Jesus is called God in Isaiah 9:6 in your NWT

Isaiah 9:6 - New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures
Isaiah 9:6
For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

And in the same bible called a god in John 1:1
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Retrography(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2020
Jesus have the charge to his disciples to baptize with this formular:
In the name of the Father,
And of the Son,
And of the Holy Spirit.

Any format outside this one is not baptism.

So I ask any Jehovah's witness to tell me the format you use during your baptism.

Again, how many times was the world supposed to end in Jehovah's Witness prophecies but the world never ended?

Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate Christmas because the date is not in the Bible.

So why do you use Roman Catholic calendar to commemorate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ every year? But you don't call it Easter.
I know this because I receive flyers every year about this particular event.
Please can you show me where it is written in the Bible that the date for the event changes from year to year? #last year's date was not the same as this year's own#

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mitchyy(f): 3:19pm On May 31, 2020
1Sharon:

Simply say you have no proof.

You only reject blood because your religion told you too, not that you know for yourself.

Sheep.

Just say you dont want to find out the truth. No need dishing out unwarranted insults. No one is quarreling with you. Whenever you are ready, Google is just a click away smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1Sharon(f): 3:20pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

So your main reason for trying to worship God is heaven. That is your main goal? Your goal is misplaced then. There is a universal issue in which you are involved. That issue was raised in the garden of Eden. Why not open your heart to study the Bible so you understand what issue is at stake.
It is not enough to sit behind a keyboard and jump to conclusions over a matter you cannot prove. God, our Creator commanded the man "do not eat the fruit, otherwise you will die". An angel with an evil intent deceived the woman to disobey God by saying "you can eat the fruit, you will not die". What do you think was at play there? Okay, the man ate the fruit. Has it been well with man since eating the fruit?
God first gave the rule, thus making us to know that He is our Ruler by giving that command. But an evil contender stepped forward and commanded the man to eat the fruit, thus posing as a better ruler. Events that have unfolded since man disobeyed God, the true Ruler, have simply showed the Liar that the contender, Satan is. Enough time has been given to Satan to prove that he is a better ruler, but all we can see in the world ruled by him today is chaos and pain. Soon, God's government in the hands of his dear son, Jesus Christ, will crush and put an end to Satan's dismal rulership and usher in untold blessings to all those who have supported God's rulership. That time is at hand. Current world event prove that unmistakably, Matthew 24:3-14.
Man was not and never created to live in heaven, Psalm 115:16. God's purpose for man and the Earth has not changed, Psalm 37:9-11, 29. Jesus confirmed that the mild-tempered ones, or the meek, shall inherit the Earth, Matthew 5:5. But those despoiling the Earth are those that will be flushed out. So your desire to go to heaven is not realistic or supported by the Bible, it is mere wishful ideation.

Why are you a Jw?

Isnt it so you don't get destroyed in armageddon??

You're no different to him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (44) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje And Prophet Onyeze Jesus Hang Out Together (Photos) / 2 Nuns Became Pregnant Working In Africa, Catholic Church Investigates / Pastor Enters Into Church On A Hoverboard (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.