Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69742 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
donteddy:
Myth 2 should be JW don't believe in hell fire. Which is not a myth but there standard.

Myth 5. It's not a myth base on your explanation. You even affirmed it. Kindly remove it as a myth.

I don't care whatever you believe in, all I know is blood transfusion is important to safe life if needed irrespective of your beliefs. Allowing person to die when he can get help is pure wickedness and evil.

Exactly! Op only addressed the loving part
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by spiralwedge(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
Investnow2017:

You are likely referring to the parable regarding Lazarus and the rich man. In that parable, did Jesus even mention heaven? Or you want to read it again cheesy

JW is a cult, period. Continue in your beliefs, but please don't call yourselves Christian.
Best it's a Christian cult. That's what it is. If you like, mention me till next year, that's what it is ...a Christian cult, and nothing will change that.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by mitchyy(f): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshboi88:

Thank you.....mitchyy will flee from u like a plague. @rozz come and see o. Shey u aid u r beginning to reason with JWs.

A whole 4 new mentions from you alone. Its obvious you are so obsessed with us. It's touching. Very touching cheesy
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

Of the thousands of different denomination, you box all of them together, call them false, input the actions of few on many, all of them are idolaters etc

Do you think of this post when you do same?

you can only define a group using the characteristics of the majority
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
popovich:
Abeg i need your number!

Have sent you an email
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

you can only define a group using the characteristics of the majority
Let take a particular group for instance. Members of the Christian group Full Life Bible Church. Based on your knowledge of this group, what can you say about them?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Jewish principles of Pikuash Nefesh, thanks to all the arguments here, never heard about that.Knowledge is indeed power.

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

Let take a particular group for instance. Members of the Christian group Full Life Bible Church. Based on your knowledge of this group, what can you say about them?

haven't heard anything about them
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
mitchyy:

A whole 4 new mentions from you alone. Its obvious you are so obsessed with us. It's touching. Very touching cheesy

Maybe im obsessed with you �. But on a more serious note.....your faith is scrutinized and is under attack with scripture.

Dnt tell me I overrated you. U can do better
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 1:51pm On Jun 01, 2020
mitchyy:

Why does it hurt you people so much that we trust and follow directions from our Governing body? Is it your Governing body? wink

Between your governing body and scripture, who would u obey??.............
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
BlongTrendies:

Report them to their local elders. It's so simple.
...some of their members are very wicked set of people. They will hate you for no just cause. Too envious .
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

haven't heard anything about them

And yet, they are false religion?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rozz:
Jewish principles of Pikuash Nefesh, thanks to all the arguments here, never heard about that.Knowledge is indeed power.

I agree. Knowledge is power.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by zudozz: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

That's why you need to search for a wife elsewhere NOT amongst those who don't believe (trust) you regarding the faith you claim! Genesis 24:3
Marriage is a lifetime commitment, that's why Apostle Paul said "marry only in the Lord" meaning those who have the same believe should marry one another, NOT you going to pick a wife amongst those whose beliefs totally contradicts your own!

How do you think it will be easy for both of you to cope during times of distress?

It is for better for worse, so go and find your own wife in the midst of people with whom you share the same FAITH! 1Corinthians 7:39

God bless you Sir! smiley

In other words you are saying Jehova Witness are not Christians?

Thank you for this information and God bless you too.

God
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

And yet, they are false religion?

did any Jehovah witness specifically mentioned their name as false religion or it is guilty conscience?

Jehovah witnesses only define false religion.

just check that church and compare with their definition, then reach your conclusion.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
chival:

Mental disorder? Really? Okay, that gave me a good laugh. Dont even know how to address this promulgation of yours so I'll just let it slide.

Don't mind him. He keeps repeating the same thrash he put on front page. Based on my experience, JWs know nothing.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

did any Jehovah witness specifically mentioned their name as false religion or it is guilty conscience?

Jehovah witnesses only define false religion.

just check that church and compare with their definition, then reach your conclusion.

So they are not false religion?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshboi88:

So many people have been asking questions here...did they insult u too....I wonder why u have no answer to their questions

Our answers are meant for those who want to learn Sir NOT critics! Mark 11:27-33 wink
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
zudozz:

In other words you are saying Jehova Witness are not Christians?

Thank you for this information and God bless you too.

God

Amen! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

So they are not false religion?

I don't need to answer that for you. false religion is a general term. you just have to check if your church fit that description.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

I don't need to answer that for you. false religion is a general term. you just have to check if your church fit that description.

The problem here is

They don't want to here that phrase "FALSE RELIGION" even though it's explained in the scriptures, they wish there shouldn't be such, so Jehovah's Witnesses won't have a edge" smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

The problem here is

They don't want to here that phrase "FALSE RELIGION" even though it's explained in the scriptures, they wish there shouldn't be such, so Jehovah's Witnesses won't have a edge" smiley

there is a saying that clean conscience fear no accusations.

rottennaija please check yours if you have any problem with that phrase
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

rottennaija turned his back on Jehovah's Organization, all his family members are Jehovah's Witnesses, so he has nowhere to go! undecided
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

rottennaija turned his back on Jehovah's Organization, all his family members are Jehovah's Witnesses, so he has nowhere to go! undecided

I hope he return.

I don't attend meetings regularly but I know that if there are true Christians on Earth, they are Jehovah's witnesses
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

rottennaija turned his back on Jehovah's Organization multimillion dollar Watchtower Corperation , all his family members are Jehovah's Witnesses, so he has nowhere to go! undecided

FIXED

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

Which phrase?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

Which phrase?
false religion!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by JBL316: 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
frankblinkz:
JEHOVAH WITNESS DO NOT GIVE OFFERINGS IN CHURCH..DO YOU KNOW THIS PART, BUT HOW DO THEY RAISE FUNDS FOR GOD'S WORK

What is the difference between half and a dozen?

They call their own voluntary donation. Others call theirs offering. Both are not mandatory but encouraged.
They spend money printing there materials, building and maintaining their structures. Somebody is paying, whichever way.
So, no big deal!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by BENARI: 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshboi88:

God bless you for this, that's how they termed me insultive because i have been asking questions. Even @mitchyy refused to answer my questions despite the fact that I didn't use an insultive tone.

@Janosky @1×2×3 and others who I have engaged with, all ran away. That's what they do when they meet someone who knows his onions.

Your post nailed them

Thanks Bro. They are a cult, and I'm out to make sure they don't keep recruiting unsuspecting innocent people into thier dangerous cult.
I'll soon be creating a thread on them, that will expose thier true identity and hidden practices. In the Western world, thier population is shrinking and they are selling thier places of worship in numbers because the awakening movement is gaining momentum. People are waking up to cults like the watchtower organisation and other high control groups.

Let's join hands and alert the public about them in Nigeria. People must stop welcoming them to thier homes because soon they destroy those homes.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by JBL316: 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
[quote author=chatinent post=89992201](c) All rights reserved.
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate anything.
Truth: If you mean holidays like birthdays, Christmas etc., of course yes. Think: what is the relevance of Santa Claus in the bible? Do they or not have pagan origins? In fact, Witnesses commemorate the Death of Jesus as Jesus asked his disciples to do.

How many things ur using or doing today that u know their origin?
For instance, who built the 1st house? Printed the 1st book? etc
How can me celebrating my own birthday or my own wedding anniversary have a pagan origin?

THESE ARE NON-ESSENTIALS!

God gave Moses 10 commandments but at the end of the day successive generations have increased up to over 600 laws based on those 10 commandments. Did that save them?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

false religion!

None.... Absolutely
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

None.... Absolutely

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (44) (Reply)

Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos) / Blood Flows From A Woman's Eyes, Feet, Head In Church In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.