Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (70038 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Janosky:

Revelations 3:5,12 Jesus Christ says himself and him Papa for heaven no know you..

Dem program this talk inside ur head !!!.... This guy don turn robot e no know
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

I don't think this forum is the right place. Jehovah witnesses are likely to knock on your door.

I don't need to force my opinion on you. my opinion is that they are the true religion
like I said, you do your own comparison and come to your own conclusion

Lostz: I don't think this forum is the right place.

Achorladey: When person enter market, na the business you come do for market you go face. Not picking out noise makers.

You said you don't think it's the right place for YOU, fine.

Lostz: Jehovah witnesses are likely to knock on your door.

Achorladey: And if they fail to attend to the DEFINITIONS as requested. What else.

Lostz: I don't need to force my opinion on you.

Achorladey: I am not holding your JUGULAR in order to do so.

Lostz: my opinion is that they are the true religion

Achorladey: It's just as you PLACE and PUT it.

Lostz: like I said, you do your own comparison and come to your own conclusion

Achorladey: I have done mine and you said Ibdon't need to share it with you. Fine!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
achorladey:

Lostz: I don't think this forum is the right place.

Achorladey: When person enter market, na the business you come do for market you go face. Not picking out noise makers.

You said you don't think it's the right place for YOU, fine.

Lostz: Jehovah witnesses are likely to knock on your door.

Achorladey: And if they fail to attend to the DEFINITIONS as requested. What else.

Lostz: I don't need to force my opinion on you.

Achorladey: I am not holding your JUGULAR in order to do so.

Lostz: my opinion is that they are the true religion

Achorladey: It's just as you PLACE and PUT it.

Lostz: like I said, you do your own comparison and come to your own conclusion

Achorladey: I have done mine and you said Ibdon't need to share it with you. Fine!

okay!

I think we should end it here..... don't have strength for unnecessary argument
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 8:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshboi88:

Gbam!!!!

And since the PIONEER of the JW ORGANIZATION came from the BAD tree of CHRISTENDOM grin grin grin as they like to CLASS other Christian denominations. What kind of fruit do you think they will PRODUCE? grin grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 8:24pm On Jun 01, 2020
achorladey:

And since the PIONEER of the JW ORGANIZATION came from the BAD tree of CHRISTENDOM grin grin grin as they like to CLASS other Christian denominations. What kind of fruit do you think they will PRODUCE? grin grin grin

Bad fruits now like @Janosky
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

okay!

This platform is called A FORUM not an argument platform.

Regarding the unnecessary ARGUMENT. I don hear you.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
Timalt:

Oh you are finally ready to answer my questions. cheesy

Please ride on am listening.

A discussion between two professed scholars on what they discovered after their diligent study and thorough meditation on the same book, and how they're enjoying the benefits thereof! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 01, 2020
Lostz:

okay!

You've committed a crime my brother! smiley

The abominable speech is

"they (JWs) are the TRUE Religion!"

Whoever utter that statement become the enemy of Satan's world. Just say agree that being a Christian like them and everything will be fine! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

You've committed a crime my brother! smiley

The abominable speech is

"they (JWs) are the TRUE Religion!"

Whoever utter that statement become the enemy of Satan's world. Just say agree that being a Christian like them and everything will be fine! smiley

What of if i say "they're the one and only TRUE Christian" while referring to Celestial Church of Christ? undecided undecided undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Blendy77(f): 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
chatinent:

You mistake being principled with controversy. You'll learn someday.

Abegi principled my foot. Controversial people everywhere. People who divorce n remarry themselves and drink alcohol like it's going out of fashion. Any religion that forbids u from mixing up with others are extremists as far as am concerned and that is because they are afraid u will hear the truth by going to another church for a function hence you are forbidden.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
TATIME:

What of if i say "they're the one and only TRUE Christian" while referring to Celestial Church of Christ? undecided undecided undecided

Nobody will frown at you for that, in fact they will get a plate of either Isi-ewu, Cow-leg, Cow-tail or Cat fish peppersoup to enjoy your show while you continue performing like Clint d Drunk!

But if you say the same about Jehovah's Witnesses, they'll all come after you with anger sweating while agitating with fury! wink
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Dayoebe(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
sacajawea:
You are 'loyal' but you want to 'Japa' ? You no know wetin dey do you
Egbon, who no like better thing
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2020
achorladey:

When told to always proofread whatever he put out there. He won't listen. He will rather sticks to "OUR OWN JEHOVAH" and have informed him, he is the JEHOVAH and JESUS all JOINED together in HIM.

Maximus69 has a monopoly of Jehovah. Soon, je will put Jehovah in a box and decide what Jehovah should do and what he shouldn't.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Timalt: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

A discussion between two professed scholars on what they discovered after their diligent study and thorough meditation on the same book, and how they're enjoying the benefits thereof! smiley

First of all, I am no scholar. But I get what you mean. So hit me with the results of your study and thorough meditation smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by achorladey: 9:59pm On Jun 01, 2020
rottennaija:

Maximus69 has a monopoly of Jehovah. Soon, he will put Jehovah in a box and decide what Jehovah should do and what he shouldn't.

grin grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Timalt: 10:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
Janosky:

Jesus Christ and Abraham NEVER gave excuses that there Life was more precious than Faith and OBEDIENCE to Jehovah's righteous Laws.
Matthew10:37-39.

Jwfacts is DANGEROUS, INSIDIOUS POISON
no goldmine there.

Show me the man/woman who was dismissed for breaking the rules ( wherever he used to be) who doesn't have an axe to grind or play up the victim card?
Lol grin @Rozz is not even a member of the Jehovah's witness organization yet and you are trying to control what information she consumes and what she doesn't.

Imagine if her church pastor told her the same thing about your jw official website. Isn't it hypocritical to accuse in others what you excuse in yourself?

Imagine a religion that tells you what to read and what not to read.

I hope everyone is reading o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
freshboi88 called me anywhere belle face because I'm civil with my comments lol
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
Timalt:

First of all, I am no scholar. But I get what you mean. So hit me with the results of your study and thorough meditation smiley

Well i have found the group of Jesus' true followers!

They will be preaching and teaching throughout the earth! Matthew 24:14

He promised that LOVE will be the mark to recognize their group! John 13:34-35

He prayed for a uniting bond in their midst! John 17:20-23

They will be objects of hatred everywhere they are! Matthew 10:22

They will be separated from all other religious groups! John 17:14-16

All eyes will be on their group! Matthew 5:13-16

There will be PEACE amongst them even though they come from different races! Micah 4:1-3

All these composite signs i have found in a group claiming followers of Christ, so i concluded that they're the group Jesus was talking about!
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rozz:

freshboi88 called me anywhere belle face because I'm civil with my comments lol

I told you "Charity begins at home but it doesn't end there"

I bear him witness that deep down in his heart he feels like saying you from a deadly cult, but lack of knowledge about what he want will not allow him! Romans 10:2-3

He has been accusing me of being abusive in the other thread, running away from his questions, arguing with him and insulting his friends!

Of course i can't deny any of that, but for everyone to know that that's not the way my own Organization groomed her members, i've maintained my calmness.

Now he has been the one doing exactly what he used to do despite the fact that i even said it beforehand that everyone should watch who lacks the spirit of humility!

Well they have the zeal for God, but lacks wisdom! Luke 7:31-35 undecided
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

I told you "Charity begins at home but it doesn't end there"

I bear him witness that deep down in his heart he feels like saying you from a deadly cult, but lack of knowledge about what he want will not allow him! Romans 10:2-3

He has been accusing me of being abusive in the other thread, running away from his questions, arguing with him and insulting his friends!

Of course i can't deny any of that, but for everyone to know that that's not the way my own Organization groomed her members, i've maintained my calmness.

Now he has been the one doing exactly what he used to do despite the fact that i even said it beforehand that everyone should watch who lacks the spirit of humility!

Well they have the zeal for God, but lacks wisdom! Luke 7:31-35 undecided

lol he was joking though
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Timalt: 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

Well i have found the group of Jesus' true followers!

They will be preaching and teaching throughout the earth! Matthew 24:14

He promised that LOVE will be the mark to recognize their group! John 13:34-35

He prayed for a uniting bond in their midst! John 17:20-23

They will be objects of hatred everywhere they are! Matthew 10:22

They will be separated from all other religious groups! John 17:14-16

All eyes will be on their group! Matthew 5:13-16

There will be PEACE amongst them even though they come from different races! Micah 4:1-3

All these composite signs i have found in a group claiming followers of Christ, so i concluded that they're the group Jesus was talking about!

Nice one.

While all these are noble and nice, it is to be stated that some of the characteristics are displayed by a number of other churches, like the mennonites (Anabaptists), the seven day Adventists, and the church of jesus christ of latter day saints (Mormons) amongst others.

You definitely do not want to head down this rabbit hole of box ticking why your religion must be the truth because you do this, this and that.

For example the Seven days Adventist share quite a number of practices and doctrines with Jehovah's witnesses because of their history.

The Mormons on the other hand, have 12 pillars that they believe make them the true church.

The anabaptists (mennonites) do not partake in wars and politics and a host of other things.

What I am saying is if people did not believe they have the true church, they would not remain in them.

These churches I have mentioned are churches that has some strong "controversial" (controversial to mainstream Christians) doctrines just like the Jehovah witness organization.

The big question that removes all these box ticking exercise as to whose church is true or not is simply evidence.

Your religion for example claims it was chosen by God and Christ in 1919. If that is true then we have an authority base from which we can then beat our chest and say, because we were chosen, we have the truth.

Now my question is what is the evidence that you were chosen in 1919 like you claimed? Where is the emperical and Biblical evidence?

And please when you answer, go straight to the point, and don't drown me in a long body of text without answering the question.

Also, I hope you would be open minded to consider my own counter arguments should I have one to submit?

Thank you smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
Timalt:

Nice one.

While all these are noble and nice, it is to be stated that some of the characteristics are displayed by a number of other churches, like the mennonites (Anabaptists), the seven day Adventists, and the church of jesus christ of latter day saints (Mormons) amongst others.

You definitely do not want to head down this rabbit hole of box ticking why your religion must be the truth because you do this, this and that.

For example the Seven days Adventist share quite a number of practices and doctrines with Jehovah's witnesses because of their history.

The Mormons on the other hand, have 12 pillars that they believe make them the true church.

The anabaptists (mennonites) do not partake in wars and politics and a host of other things.

What I am saying is if people did not believe they have the true church, they would not remain in them.

These churches I have mentioned are churches that has some strong "controversial" (controversial to mainstream Christians) doctrines just like the Jehovah witness organization.

The big question that removes all these box ticking exercise as to whose church is true or not is simply evidence.

Your religion for example claims it was chosen by God and Christ in 1919. If that is true then we have an authority base from which we can then beat our chest and say, because we were chosen, we have the truth.

Now my question is what is the evidence that you were chosen in 1919 like you claimed? Where is the emperical and Biblical evidence?

And please when you answer, go straight to the point, and don't drown me in a long body of text without answering the question.

Also, I hope you would be open minded to consider my own counter arguments should I have one to submit?

Thank you smiley

You are highly welcome Sir! smiley

Please note that i have not mentioned any name in the post you quoted, i only listed the qualities i found through my diligent study and thorough meditation of God's word. But you've concluded that since my religion have all these qualities which you yourself confirmed is "noble and nice".

Can you please mention the name of your own religion (Church) just as you've mentioned about three religious groups having similar characteristics like mine?

So i can know the qualities that draw you into the group you're worshiping with now?

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, please let me know the name of your own Church before we start asking each other questions so it won't be one sided Sir.

God bless you Sir! smiley
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Timalt: 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Maximus69:

You are highly welcome Sir! smiley

Please note that i have not mentioned any name in the post you quoted, i only listed the qualities i found through my diligent study and thorough meditation of God's word. But you've concluded that since my religion have all these qualities which you yourself confirmed is "noble and nice".

Can you please mention the name of your own religion (Church) just as you've mentioned about three religious groups having similar characteristics like mine?

So i can know the qualities that draw you into the group you're worshiping with now?

I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, please let me know the name of your own Church before we start asking each other questions so it won't be one sided Sir.

God bless you Sir! smiley

This is the problem I have had with you for about 5 days now. When I ask you the important question, you deflected to ask me what church I am attending.

What you want to do is so petty, it's clear you want to drag me down into a dick measuring contest of which church is better.

The first century Christians did not attend church services in large Kingdom halls, assembly halls or large church auditoriums. They met in small homes. These homes were called ecclesias. Which meant a church or congregation. Many of the gatherings at home were characterized by sharing of meals together and worshiping together.

Again the first century Christians did not have an autocratic totalitarian structure that you have today in your organization. They enjoyed what the apostles called Christian Freedom. That is why the jews celebrated festivals, performed circumcisions, and observed the sabbath. Buy the gentile Christians were under no obligation to do these even though it was one body and one faith.

In a nutshell, I worship with a small group of fellow believers at homes. Christians worldwide make up the Body of christ, I don't discriminate against my fellow Christians because I know that according to the Bible, my salvation does not depend on an association to an organization.

Now, would you please answer my question?

Also The fact that said that some things about your organization is noble does not change the fact that it has evil policies and doctrines that divides homes, that break families, that ostracizes people, that leads to people's deaths, that has prophesied falsely on many occasions. Not just internalized wrong expectations, but widely proclaimed and published false predictions.
Evil flip flop of doctrines and so on.

Enough of this juvenile trap setting already answer my question o

Thank you cheesy
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
Blendy77:

Abegi principled my foot. Controversial people everywhere. People who divorce n remarry themselves and drink alcohol like it's going out of fashion. Any religion that forbids u from mixing up with others are extremists as far as am concerned and that is because they are afraid u will hear the truth by going to another church for a function hence you are forbidden.

@rozz I like pple who have an opinion like Blendy77 here. Amazing person
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:47pm On Jun 01, 2020
Timalt:

Which result, @Maximus69 is an empty barrel. Maximus69 pls surprise us
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:50pm On Jun 01, 2020
Rozz:
lol he was joking though

Thank u, u r a sweetheart!!!!!.....do u believe Jesus is God?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by freshboi88: 11:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
Timalt:

This is the problem I have had with you for about 5 days now. When I ask you the important question, you deflected to ask me what church I am attending.

What you want to do is so petty, it's clear you want to drag me down into a dick measuring contest of which church is better.

The first century Christians did not attend church services in large Kingdom halls, assembly halls or large church auditoriums. They met in small homes. These homes were called ecclesias. Which meant a church or congregation. Many of the gatherings at home were characterized by sharing of meals together and worshiping together.

Again the first century Christians did not have an autocratic totalitarian structure that you have today in your organization. They enjoyed what the apostles called Christian Freedom. That is why the jews celebrated festivals, performed circumcisions, and observed the sabbath. Buy the gentile Christians were under no obligation to do these even though it was one body and one faith.

In a nutshell, I worship with a small group of fellow believers at homes. Christians worldwide make up the Body of christ, I don't discriminate against my fellow Christians because I know that according to the Bible, my salvation does not depend on an association to an organization.

Also The fact that said that some things about your organization is noble does not change the fact that it has evil policies and doctrines that divides homes, that break families, that ostracizes people, that leads to people's deaths, that has prophesied falsely on many occasions. Not just internalized wrong expectations, but widely proclaimed and published false predictions.

Thank you cheesy

You are wasting ur time with an irrational human being....
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 3:56am On Jun 02, 2020
Timalt:

For someone who has been proven wrong so many times, you seem not to have learnt to be discreet in how you talk. I provided clear evidence, and then you went and picked an expression out of context and tried to give it a different spin.

Here's further receipt :

"When there is a diseased or defective organ, the usual way health is restored is by taking in nutrients. The body uses the food eaten to repair or heal the organ, gradually replacing the cells. When men of science conclude that this normal process will no longer work and they suggest removing the organ and replacing it directly with an organ from another human, this is simply a shortcut. Those who submit to such operations are thus living off the flesh of another human. That is cannibalistic. However, in allowing man to eat animal flesh Jehovah God did not grant permission for humans to try to perpetuate their lives by cannibalistically taking into their bodies human flesh, whether chewed or in the form of whole organs or body parts taken from others."- Watchtower 1967 November 15 page 702

Here's the link : https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1967845

Here's s the screenshot below to prove to all that your organization taught that organ transplant was cannibalism grin

Today, JWs ACCEPT organ transplants. It's a personal decision

At that time in the 1960's JW misgivings about organ transplants were justified.

Timalt did medical professionals HAVE GENUINE MISGIVINGS about organ transplants in the 1960's?
Timalt's claims lacks Objectivity.
Timalt KNOWS AND SAW the PROOF
:

"'Even from a medical standpoint there is some question as to the wisdom and ethicalness of some transplants. One physician discussed this publicly in the Annals of Internal Medicine, citing the results of 244 kidney-transplant operations. In the majority of cases the recipient did not live more than a year after the operation. Then, commenting on the dangers for the volunteer who donates one of his kidneys, the doctor asked: “Is it right to subject a healthy person . . . to the possibility . . . of shortening his life by 25 or 30 years in order to extend another’s life by 25 or 30 months or less?” Reporting on this, Newsweek, of March 2, 1964, page 74, added that the doctor “offers no conclusive answer, but he suggests that the question needs to be asked more often.”"

Timalt NEVER told anyone that in the 1960's medical professionals had misgivings about organ transplants,but the BIGOTED and HYPOCRITICAL CLOWN singled out JWs for malicious attack.

Timalt WAYO HYPOCRITE.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 4:15am On Jun 02, 2020
freshboi88:

Dem program this talk inside ur head !!!.... This guy don turn robot e no know
FRESHBOI GIBBERISH grin

Make Una see Triune pagan deity devotee fighting tooth and nail to PROVE THE TRUTH Of Jesus Christ WRONG (in Revelations3:5,12).
SHAME ON You, FRESH PAGAN grin. grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 4:21am On Jun 02, 2020
Blendy77:

Matthew 5:32, Matthew 19:9, is in your Bible.
Did your Jesus condemn Divorce?

Did your Jesus Christ not turn water into wine ?

Who are you to dictate for JWs about what friends to keep or reject ?

Bigotry and HYPOCRISY dey give you sifia pains.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 4:46am On Jun 02, 2020
Timalt:

Thank you cheesy

LYING Timalt, WHY did You MISLEAD gullible people on this forum that JWs paid $35m dollars to a plaintiff?

Why did you MISLEAD gullible people on this forum that about organ transplant when the Evidences show that even medical professionals HAVE MISGIVINGS about that practice?

You no SEE am for your Bible where Jesus Christ says he came to cause divisions in homes and families?
Did Jesus Christ and other servants of Jehovah not lose their lives in faithful service to Jehovah?

Where The "wrong expectations and false predictions of Jesus disciples not widely proclaimed" Na E dey your Bible?

Why did You FALSELY accused JWs and told everyone here to shun them?
So much LIES from a "Christian who DON'T discriminate against my fellow Christians..."

Timalt WAYO HYPOCRITE grin grin
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Janosky: 4:53am On Jun 02, 2020
Timalt:

Lol grin @Rozz is not even a member of the Jehovah's witness organization yet and you are trying to control what information she consumes and what she doesn't.

Imagine if her church pastor told her the same thing about your jw official website. Isn't it hypocritical to accuse in others what you excuse in yourself?

Imagine a religion that tells you what to read and what not to read.

I hope everyone is reading o. grin

I responded to a MISLEADING claim in the link you shared.
Did I call anybody's name in my post ?
Is my response a crime? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (44) (Reply)

"Mount Carmel": Apostle Johnson Suleman Officially Opens The Prayer Mountain / Adeboye Addresses Joseph Obayemi & Odesola After Their Appointments (Photos) / Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.