Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's (184 Views)

What Are The Things I Would Regret If I Don't Do Before Thirty Years Of Age? / What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's / What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's by EminentSon(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2020
In the information world that we are today, there's been a lot of talk about how successful individuals started building the foundations of their success right from their youthful age. We've also read and heard about the things these guys did and we try to emulate these acts of theirs so as to get a result similar to theirs.

But, the part of their success that has been neglected most of the time is what they don't do. As Jim Kwik, an internationally renowned brain coach puts it , "every successful person has a to-do list and more importantly, a not to-do list".

What these successful individuals don't do has made their journey to success much more faster as they move and act with more clarity, intention and decisiveness.

Here's a peek into what the majority of successful people refuse to do in their 20's.

1. They don't hang out with losers.

There's a popular saying that 'your network determines your net-worth'. Successful individuals cultivate and build relationships with people that have the same goals and mindset as theirs.
They refuse to stay around people who have the victim mentality and are always playing the blame game.

2. They don't let emotions take charge in their decision making.

They understand that the nature of humans is emotion based and that we tend to act based on how we feel instead of acting in a logical manner.
They understand that when logic prevails over emotions, you'll have more control over your life and you'll make better decisions that will effect your future.

3. They don't care about impressing others;(especially their peers).

When all you care about is impressing those around you, you tend to lose yourself in the process and you lose sight of your goals because you can't make everyone happy. As a quote says, "if you want to make everyone happy, start selling ice cream".
The one whose life is about impressing others ends up with a life that isn't pleasing to anyone.

4. They don't let others decide their future for them.

Simply put, they own their lives and they won't allow anyone to bring in their own bias to decide the trajectory of their future.
They make it a point of duty to seek the right knowledge so as to guide their decision making process, not just by munching on an advice passed down from one sullen individual that hasn't made anything out of life.

As a bonus for reading up to this stage -which shows you're intentional about cahnge in your life- I'll drop this life changing quote with you.

"Success is the product of what you do on a daily basis". So, choose to do today, what will effect the most change in your life tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

PS; I'll be dropping another piece on this same topic soon. Watch out for more!

Re: What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's by TheSourcerer: 8:48am On May 27, 2020
Short but very informative
These are good attributes to leanrn/change

But truth is nobody knows what makes rich people rich .
Re: What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's by Saintbusco1(m): 8:58am On May 27, 2020
All these your "they don't" are what I don't... I never violated any of these! Yet i never reach 7 figures
Re: What Successful People Don't Do In Their 20's by EminentSon(m): 7:58pm On May 27, 2020
Time is your best accomplice in the race to success. Your daily habits will compound over time. Rome wasn't built in a day and the success stories out there had it rough too.

Check out the story behind Elon Musk and see that most success stories, if not all, come from a place of rough and tumble.

(1) (Reply)

The Matter By Zlatan / Everybody Is Now Settling The Matter Of Rape / Odubu As An Unblemished Gubernatorial Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.