Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. (12682 Views)

Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / Jesus' Commandment To Love Our Neighbors, Even Our Enemies / This Is The Commandment For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 10:44am On Jun 25, 2022
Another glorious Sabbath is here.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2022
It is another glorious Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2022
Awesome.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 9:16pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2022
A glorious Sabbath to all the saints, servants and prophets of YHVH Almighty, of Yahushua the Messiah, all over the world.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2022
Wonderful!
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by TheElated177: 7:56pm On Aug 05, 2022
Glorious Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by Joychinonyerem: 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
Praise master Jesus.

From
https://www.walkingbyfaith.com.ng
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2022
Wonderful.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by Castingdownimag: 12:39pm On Aug 13, 2022
WATCH THIS AND SEE WHAT JESUS CHRIST REALLY LOOKED LIKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t02ePTdMvgo
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2022
Another glorious Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2022
A glorious Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by KnownUnknown: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2022
elated177:
A glorious Sabbath.

Are you supposed to be using electronic devices on the sabbath?

https://jewishaction.com/religion/whats-wrong-with-texting-on-shabbat-a-halachic-analysis-2/

Therefore, unless we are discussing a doctor or soldier using a cell phone or e-reader on Shabbat for his vital work, or some similar mitigating circumstance, we cannot permit the electronic use entailed.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 9:24am On Sep 03, 2022
Glorious Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by cosiocan(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2022
Hallelu YAH!
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 2:19pm On Sep 24, 2022
Awesome.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 10:32am On Oct 01, 2022
The blessings of the Sabbath of YHVH Almighty.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 5:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Preparing to observe the Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
A glorious Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by elated177: 9:08am On Oct 15, 2022
It is another Sabbath.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by tctrills: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2022
elated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Deut 5:12-15 Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the Lord your God has commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns, so that your male and female servants may rest, as you do. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the Lord your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

Let the saints remember to honor the Sabbath. I am not saying join a "Sabbath church." No. Honour the Sabbath of YHVH of Hosts personally or with your family. However, if the saints want to use such a day to meet and discuss the Scriptures with one another, great, too.

Sunday or any other day is not and cannot and will never be the weekly Sabbath of YHVH of Hosts.

Matthew 5:17-20 Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.  Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu Yah!
So the meaning of Sabbath day is simply the seventh day. God's command is simple, rest on the seventh day. He never spoke of any particular day. So long as the seventh day of rest is observed, the commandment is kept.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2022
tctrills:

So the meaning of Sabbath day is simply the seventh day. God's command is simple, rest on the seventh day. He never spoke of any particular day. So long as the seventh day of rest is observed, the commandment is kept.

Sabbath does not mean "the seventh" it means "The Holy Day" and No Work shall be done on those days.

Therefore there are other Sabbaths in addition to the 7th Day eg the first day of Annual Passover Exodus 12:16
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by tctrills: 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Sabbath does not mean "the seventh" it means "The Holy Day" and No Work shall be done on those days.

Therefore there are other Sabbaths in addition to the 7th Day eg the first day of Annual Passover Exodus 12:16

It actually means rest or day a rest. God's command is simple. Labor for 6 days and rest for a day.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
tctrills:

It actually means rest or day a rest. God's command is simple. Labor for 6 days and rest for a day.

Read again. Exodus 12;16 is also a Sabbath hence
Leviticus 26:2 KJV: Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Not just one Sabbath but Sabbaths.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by tctrills: 10:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Read again. Exodus 12;16 is also a Sabbath hence
Leviticus 26:2 KJV: Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

Not just one Sabbath but Sabbaths.
I totally agree with the verse. Moses 10 commandments explained the Sabbath best. 6 days shall you labour but the seventh is the Sabbath of the Lord.
It's a simple commandment, work for six days and rest in the seventh.
Obviously the Jews had a sabbath but the question is, what is the Lord's commandment.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:04am On Oct 16, 2022
tctrills:

I totally agree with the verse. Moses 10 commandments explained the Sabbath best. 6 days shall you labour but the seventh is the Sabbath of the Lord.
It's a simple commandment, work for six days and rest in the seventh.
Obviously the Jews had a sabbath but the question is, what is the Lord's commandment.

That is why I showed you the Exodus 12:16 Commandment, which came even before they got the 10 Commandments.

Sabbath means "A Holy Day Declared by The Lord". And on whatever occasion of Holy Day which arrives, even if it is on the second day of the week, no work would be done in and on that day.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by tctrills: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

That is why I showed you the Exodus 12:16 Commandment, which came even before they got the 10 Commandments.

Sabbath means "A Holy Day Declared by The Lord". And on whatever occasion of Holy Day which arrives, even if it is on the second day of the week, no work would be done in and on that day.

The Lord in none of his revelations picked a particular day as a sabbath. The commandment is simple, work for 6 days and give one day to the Lord.
Saturday is the Jewish Sabbath. Nowhere in the bible did God decide it would be Saturday.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Oct 16, 2022
tctrills:

The Lord in none of his revelations picked a particular day as a sabbath. The commandment is simple, work for 6 days and give one day to the Lord.
Saturday is the Jewish Sabbath. Nowhere in the bible did God decide it would be Saturday.

Exodus 12:16 was very clear as to when that Sabbath of unleavened bread will be Honoured and Obeyed.
Re: The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. by tctrills: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Exodus 12:16 was very clear as to when that Sabbath of unleavened bread will be Honoured and Obeyed.
Yes you are right but this is clearly for the nation of Israel only

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / Prophet Livingston Kwame: If You Marry Jesus Christ And Nag, He Will Dump You / I Am Paying My #20,000 Tithe To Nairalanders Instead Of Jehovah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.