Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? (2312 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Being Handsome / Have You Ever Been Single For So Long That You Decided To Do This? (PICTURES) / One Main Reason Why Many Will Remain Single For A Very Long Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Notateflonguy(m): 4:39pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:
Aside loneliness, are there other reasonable disadvantages of being single for a long time?

I have a friend who has never being in a relationship, she's about 25 and sometimes she acts like she has some psychological issues, when it's just us we can gist well but when other people are around she just goes 100% quiet (trust me it's really bad).. I'm like her only friend, I've encouraged her to get a boyfriend, maybe it'll help but she doesn't even know how to keep a guy interested in her for long. I worry about her seriously.

Modified
She opened up to me about feeling extremely lonely even when she's with people, she thinks she has psychological issues and I really don't know how else to help, I thought getting into a relationship might help her.

First she has confidence issues which a lot of girls actually do have confidence issues na form most of them dey form

At that stage of her life its apparent she never tear eyes so the issue is not really relationship or not ...let her work on her communication skills probably read books if she starts getting confident with talking to strangers things will change
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Notateflonguy(m): 4:41pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

When we go out, she read books on her phone instead of enjoying the view and mingling with people.

Lol...girls atimes ehh...i do wonder if they read for fun because most of the girls I've met always say they read alot...I then wonder what exactly they're reading....tell her to read more confidence related book and practise it....that should help
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Notateflonguy(m): 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
Peppermintflav:

These are all symptoms exhibited by virgins. She needs a man to do the needful in her life.

This one na mature virgin o...na marriage go dey her mind like this
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 27, 2020
Petyprincess:
No disadvantages at all! She needs to concentrate more on her well-being, the way some ladies carry guys matter for head sometimes tire me lipsrsealed
No lady should stress herself over a guy not to talk of Nigerian guys undecided trust me it doesn't worth the stress!!
You know, i feel women are blessing. They're extraordinary, to me.
They are leaders too. They have their life as much as Males do; they also have goals, long term goals to achieve.
They were not created just to be in a relationship.
but unfortunately, women aren't seen as such in this part of the world.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by PoliticallyInco: 8:26pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:
Aside loneliness, are there other reasonable disadvantages of being single for a long time?

I have a friend who has never being in a relationship, she's about 25 and sometimes she acts like she has some psychological issues, when it's just us we can gist well but when other people are around she just goes 100% quiet (trust me it's really bad).. I'm like her only friend, I've encouraged her to get a boyfriend, maybe it'll help but she doesn't even know how to keep a guy interested in her for long. I worry about her seriously.

Modified
She opened up to me about feeling extremely lonely even when she's with people, she thinks she has psychological issues and I really don't know how else to help, I thought getting into a relationship might help her.

Learning how to socialize has nothing to do with having a lover or boyfriend. Some people are introverted. To me 3 is a crowd. In public I won't speak. In class if I have questions I don't ask. I note them and go research. I just don't like having people look at me back in my late teens and early twenties. Note I wasn't a saint. Not at all. I was street smart, a voracious reader and a handsome devil. But my personality was just simple. 3 is a crowd. And I'll pull away back into myself. My mind. My shell. I am was my own best friend for a long time.

You don't need a lover or boyfriend to enjoy life. Unfortunately, if you believe the wrong thing, it affects you too. Your brain might not have enough information to tell you that your beliefs are wrong. So you keep suffering from the consequences of believing and accepting the wrong thing. If you believe that whenever there is chickenpox,it is because one silly diety is angry, you will worry and worry and think along those lines. You are wrong about your opinion /judgment, but you still suffer from the consequences of wrong opinion/ideas/beliefs. Hence we must make sure we are reasonable most times.

In my opinion she doesn't know how to socialize at all. It is that simple. And having a boyfriend early does not guarantee happiness or good social skills. Also, successfully keeping a relationship has nothing to do with always having a boyfriend or beginning early to have one. I hope you do understand what I mean? She could have them as often and as early as possible but still suck.

She isn't much of a social person. She is extremely introverted. But she is wrongly assuming it is because she has been single for a long time. Not is isn't. I don't even think there is any significant correlation here.

She should simply and consciously improve her social skills. This can be done.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by zexy2030(m): 8:49pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

Modified
Train up a child in a way she should go and when she is 25++++ she will find it difficult to quit.
Introverts have spheres where they become extroverts, let her discover her space and enjoy being herself. That's a result of home bringing, what you are outside ur home, is a reflection of the behaviours u observe and the instructions u obey at home.
She has an orientation about
1. let book be ur best companion, she is consumed in the world of books, Prolly instructed by her dad, and I think she is too close to her dad
2.Prolly had elder sisters who had been jilted by boys then her mind is poisoned against relationships.
3.U r too conscious of her quietness that's why she feels lonely, she would have enjoyed quietness just the way she was brought up.
4. A girl like herself can only have a relationship, only with someone they crush on.
Take her out often, don't mind her timidity or shyness, soon she will break out and be smarter but her conscience is her principle.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Callertunez: 9:44pm On May 27, 2020
angry
for the men, blue balls ... real blue balls . I don't know about the ladies
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 27, 2020
Millenniumlady:
If she must date then she should go for a well behave guy with manners someone whose kind and respectful

As though u av good character urslf! Pointing out what a guy should av when u urslf is not working at developing ur deafening bad character.. Go on run along!
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by themaestro08(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2020
missimelda01:

Modified

Its not about meeting random people, but finding that special soul mate, which is quite difficult.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by themaestro08(m): 10:40pm On May 27, 2020
Ningen:
Relationship isn't like a career.
There are no disadvantages really.

About loneliness, it hardly counts.
You can be in a relationship and still be lonely.

You really sabi

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by uthlaw: 7:42am On May 28, 2020
No disadvantages.....is the best that can happen to a nigga!
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:13am On May 28, 2020
It usually affects one in the long run.

You feel you don't need people and find it difficult to keep relationships with people.

You get irritated when people try to come close to you because all you have ever known or had is yourself.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by missimelda01(f): 8:18am On May 28, 2020
CsRockefeller:
It usually affects one in the long run.

You feel you don't need people and find it difficult to keep relationships with people.

You get irritated when people try to come close to you because all you have ever known or had is yourself.

This is a honest response.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Liposure: 9:15am On May 28, 2020
It goes both ways. 4 instance, U can be single n be happy. another person can also be single n not be happy n vice versa. but dat doesnt rule out d importance of friendship

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Funmmyastic: 9:27am On May 28, 2020
I am single and not lonely.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Donhaywhy001(m): 12:13pm On May 28, 2020
Wetin concern man like us... Single too stupor
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Donhaywhy001(m): 12:15pm On May 28, 2020
Funmmyastic:
I am single and not lonely.
Lol.. Ok
Re: What Are The Disadvantages Of Being Single For A Long Time? by Osek(m): 12:21pm On May 28, 2020
Am 23 and have never been in a relationship even tho some of friends think I have a gf but I dont... sometimes I think maybe bcs am shy or something else don't really know cryAm 23 and have never been in a relationship even tho some of friends think I have a gf but I dont... sometimes I think maybe bcs am shy or something else don't really know

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did I Take Advantage Of Her? / See How A 4ft Snake Was Pulled From A Woman's Throat After It Entered Her Mouth / My Gym Results So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.